KTB Entry: Phoenix / Toronto Blockbuster

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Socks
Freshman
And1: 0

KTB Entry: Phoenix / Toronto Blockbuster 

Post#1 » by Socks » Fri Jan 2, 2009 10:05 pm

It's been a while since I've made a post here, but he goes nothing.

Obviously this deal doesn't get done unless both Toronto doesn't feel like Bosh will resign and Phoenix doesn't like Amare's attitude. I think it's a fair trade though.

Phoenix Suns Receive:
PF Chris Bosh

WHY IT COULD WORK FOR PHOENIX?

PG: Steve Nash / Goran Dragic
SG: Jason Richardson / Leandro Barbosa
SF: Grant Hill / Matt Barnes / Alando Tucer
PF: Chris Bosh / Jared Dudley / Louis Amundson
C: Shaquille O'Neal / Robin Lopez

The Phoenix Suns have not liked the recent outburst out of Amare. Amare and the Suns organization hare beginning to have a rift in between the two of them. Amare is not content with how the offense is ran and feels that he along with the rest of Suns players would do better in a more wide open attack. He feels more free reign on the offensive side of the ball will allow the Suns to exceed more. Chris Bosh on the other hand is probably a better fit for the more slow, methodical offense of Terry Porter. Chris is an excellent match with Shaq as he's able to step away from the basket and score.

Toronto Raptors Receive:
C Amare Stoudamire

WHY IT COULD WORK FOR TORONTO?

PG: Jose Calderon / Will Solomon / Roko Ukic
SG: Anthony Parker / Joey Graham / Hassan Adams
SF: Jamario Moon / Jason Kapono
PF: Jermaine O'Neal / Andrea Bargnani / Kris Humphries
C: Amre Stoudamire / Nathan Jawai

The Jermaine O'Neal-Chris Bosh expereiment really isn't working out the way the Raptors would have hoped. They won't get anywhere near fair value for Jermaine, so they try their luck moving Bosh who could threaten to leave the Raptors organization for nothing. Amare is probably better suited playing with Jermaine as Jermaine is a better a little bit aways from the basket where as Amare's forte is around the basket. Amare is reunited with Bryan Colangelo.

Chris and Amare have similar contracts that both end up at the same time. Amare is just two years older at 26 than Bosh who is 24. I think this is a very fair trade.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Re: KTB Entry: Phoenix / Toronto Blockbuster 

Post#2 » by VintaGe36 » Fri Jan 2, 2009 10:07 pm

Amare is just as likely to bolt as Bosh IMO.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,627

Post#3 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri Jan 2, 2009 10:09 pm

Teams don't trade the faces of their franchise unless they are changing directions. Neither team really changes directions here, its really kinda redundant.

I vote no.
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#4 » by bryant08 » Fri Jan 2, 2009 10:26 pm

I vote no as well, I just don't see it as realistic.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#5 » by VintaGe36 » Fri Jan 2, 2009 10:34 pm

DGrangeRx33 wrote:Teams don't trade the faces of their franchise unless they are changing directions. Neither team really changes directions here, its really kinda redundant.

I vote no.

Although usually true, there are instances when this DOES happen.

Marbury for Jason Kidd, Ray Allen for Gary Payton, just to name a few.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#6 » by old rem » Fri Jan 2, 2009 10:43 pm

The Suns get a guy who fits alongside their O'Neal and Tor gets a guy who fits alongside their O'Neal....oversimplification,probably,since the REAL issue is who can retain their man in the 2010 feeding frenzy. There's no way to tell....

I'm gonna say yes. Reluctantly. Why? I make the assumption both enter this ONLY if the outlook for 2010 is improved...and so until there's some set up...this deal is not even discussed.

Face of the franchise? As a GSW fan I can't remember a face of the franchise who finished his career here. We just lost a face of the franchise guy last summer....we TRADED WILT.
CENSORED... No comment.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,627

Post#7 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri Jan 2, 2009 10:47 pm

VintaGe36 wrote:
DGrangeRx33 wrote:Teams don't trade the faces of their franchise unless they are changing directions. Neither team really changes directions here, its really kinda redundant.

I vote no.

Although usually true, there are instances when this DOES happen.

Marbury for Jason Kidd, Ray Allen for Gary Payton, just to name a few.

Those players you named are all different though. Stephon Marbury was a scoring PG, while Kidd was a true PG. Ray Allen is a SG, obviously Payton was a PG.

Amare and Bosh are very similar in the way they play. Both are offensive forces, Amare fits a little better in a running offense and Bosh fits a little better in a half court set, neither are great defensively.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#8 » by rsavaj » Fri Jan 2, 2009 11:38 pm

It would be a sidestep for each team...
ray ray
Sixth Man
And1: 762

Post#9 » by ray ray » Sat Jan 3, 2009 6:18 am

As a Suns fan, I wouldn't do it. Eventhought Bosh is slightly better than Amare defensively, Amare is slightly better than Bosh offensivenly. Today the Suns played very well with Amare and J-Richardson. The Suns need to somehow get Joe Smith from the Thunders. If they do the Suns would be set to make a run for the title.

Go Suns!
clydestudent1276
Rookie
And1: 5

Post#10 » by clydestudent1276 » Sat Jan 3, 2009 4:35 pm

I would love for this to happen as a Raps fan. However Amare is more likely to bolt from Toronto as he would only be here for a year and a half, compared to Bosh's six years (by the time 2010 rolls around). Also this just would never happen, trades like this just don't happen anymore. I would have to vote no to this.
Man, we talkin' bout practice

Return to Trades and Transactions