PHX BLOWS IT UP! NY, NJ, MIL, NJ, OKC, WAS

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

SideSwipe
Analyst
And1: 660

PHX BLOWS IT UP! NY, NJ, MIL, NJ, OKC, WAS 

Post#1 » by SideSwipe » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:06 am

PHX restarts with some good young players and some decent veterans and with a very high lottery pick, as well as their own pick in the upcoming draft. Take a look and flame away!

PHX trades:
Nash, Stoudemire, Shaq, Barbosa, Dudley, Hill, Tucker, Dragic
PHX receives:
Jamison, Hassel, Blatche, Lee, Alexander, Harrington, Watson, Wilcox, Najera, Boone, Sessions, Villanueva, Alexander, WAS ’09 pick

PHX Lineup:
Sessions/ Watson
Richardson/ Young/ Hassel
Harrington/ Barnes/ Alexander
Jamison/ Villanueva/ Lee/ Najera/ Amundson
Blatche/ Boone/ RoLo

NJ trades:
Simmons, Anderson, Boone, Najera, Hassel
NJ receives:
Shaq, Hill, Tucker

NJ Lineup:
Harris/ Dooling
Carter/ Tucker/ CDR
Hill/ Hayes/ Ager
Yi/ Williams/ Swift
Shaq/ Lopez

WAS trades:
Jamison, Blatche, Young, ’09 #1 pick
WAS receives:
Stoudemire

WAS Lineup:
Arenas/ James/ Crittenton
Stevenson/ Dixon
Butler/ McGuire
Stoudemire/ Songaila
McGee/ Haywood/ Thomas/ Pecherov

MIL trades:
Sessions, Villanueva, Alexander
MIL receives:
Barbosa, Anderson, Wilcox, NY #1 pick

MIL Lineup:
Ridnour/ Barbosa
Redd/ Bell
Jefferson/ Moute
Wilcox/ Anderson/ Allen
Bogut/ Elson/ Gadzuric

NY trades:
Harrington, Lee, ’09 #1 pick
NY receives:
Nash, Dudley

NY Lineup:
Nash/ Duhon/ Marbury (I know- he’s done)
Richardson/ Robinson/ Roberson
Chandler/ Dudley/ Jeffries
Thomas/ Galinari (Galinari may play center for Coach D)/ Rose
Curry/ James (I know-he’s done)

OKC trades:
Watson, Wilcox
OKC receives:
Simmons, Dragic

OKC Lineup:
Westbrook/ Atkins/ Dragic
Simmons/ Weaver/ Wilkins
Green/ Mason/
Durant/ Collison
Krstic/ Swift/ Sene
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,766

Re: PHX BLOWS IT UP! NY, NJ, MIL, NJ, OKC, WAS 

Post#2 » by AussieBuck » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:21 am

Terrible for the Bucks.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,437

Post#3 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:35 am

Does any of this work under the CBA?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#4 » by old rem » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:39 am

Easy no from OKC
NYK can't trade an 09#1
Suns won't abandon the year to get a No Defense lineup
WAY too many teams+players..minor adjustments have a ripple effect-and this needs BIG adjustments.
Way good for the Bucks
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#5 » by old rem » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:43 am

AussieBuck wrote:Terrible for the Bucks.

...well....if you factor in the rd 1 that can't happen, yeah.
CENSORED... No comment.
Preludepunk27
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#6 » by Preludepunk27 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:06 pm

SideSwipe, were you sniffing glue when you made this? Now, I admit, I didn't look at this trade at all so I have no idea how fair it is for any team...but you're trading 7 guys and bringing in 13...that's a whole NBA Roster. Depending on how many guys the Suns has under contract right now (let's just say 13 for argument sake), this deal gives you 19 players total. You'd have to buy out 4 at least. Honestly, just looking at those guys too the Suns would get, you'll be a lotto team in the West for a decade.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,017

Post#7 » by Rockazoids » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:42 pm

Preludepunk27 wrote:SideSwipe, were you sniffing glue when you made this? Now, I admit, I didn't look at this trade at all so I have no idea how fair it is for any team...but you're trading 7 guys and bringing in 13...that's a whole NBA Roster. Depending on how many guys the Suns has under contract right now (let's just say 13 for argument sake), this deal gives you 19 players total. You'd have to buy out 4 at least. Honestly, just looking at those guys too the Suns would get, you'll be a lotto team in the West for a decade.

I think it's more than glue,
Harrington, Lee, ’09 #1 pick for a old Nash & Jared Dudley ? :lol:
Someone need to take your keyboard.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
SideSwipe
Analyst

Post#8 » by SideSwipe » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:52 pm

Whew! Lots of comments for me....

On NY...
Forgot about the #1 pick in '09 not being movable because they moved the '10 pick. I'll adjust when I get a few moments. David Lee will not be resigned, neither will Harrington, botth would be cap space eater in the grand 2010 plan NY is putting together. Nash fits in perfectly with their 2010 plan, as he expires and he would be a cheaper than max target in that 2010 class, and is said to be a candidate to run with LBJ and Bosh. NY is using Harrington off the bench, and I think for the chance to reunite Coach D adn Nash might make it worht it for NY.

On MIL, I will adjust and make it worthwhile without the pick...maybe I'll swing Harrington your direction. That would be an interesting lineup for you guys. I'll think about it.

For OKC, I'll make it worth your while here, too, thee are plenty of players to go around.

On the sniffing glue, it's actually 8 for 12 players (I left Wilcox in PHX's trade by accident)- so I'm not the only one sniffing glue (I'll work on keeping Wilcox out of the incoming players, you work on your counting skills.), and that is what you get when you trade out 2 for sure Hall of Famers and one potential Hall of Famer. The team values are there, and yes every single deal works under the CBA as was posed above. PHX ends up with 16 players, and would have to release a minimum player, or work the trade sending one more player out, which sounds more realistic at this point.

Several of those players would be released over the summer due to expirings and would create room for the rookies coming in, and room to re-up a couple of players. Talk amongst yourselves.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#9 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:22 pm

Obviously, it's a nice deal for the Nets. Normally, I would say that Ryan Anderson is Kiki's pet project, and wouldn't be traded even if the value was good; but I think even Kiki would have to be OK with this deal. We get Shaq, a suitable starter in Hill AND a prospect in Tucker??? Of course, our FO will ask to replace Anderson with Sean Williams, but if it's a deal-breaker, I think they'd say goodbye to Ryan.

For the rest of the teams, it's very suspect. MIL and WAS get decent fits for their squads, but overpay IMO.

I couldn't even imagine the Knicks surrendering either Lee or a 1st for Steve Nash, let alone both. Rebuilding teams don't make moves for aging vets, unless the trade is designed ot shed salary, which this one isn't. Dolan has made bigger mistakes, but especially with Duhon performing well in D'Antoni's system, this move seems wholly unnecessary.

OKC can't be thrilled about this deal either. They trade two very productive member of their rotation, for an undersized SF who might be as good as Wilkins, and the only sweetener is Goran Dragic???

We all know that this deal is unfeasibly large, but there are some other issues that make it impossible.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,211

Post#10 » by BBALLER4FR » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:23 pm

SideSwipe wrote:Whew! Lots of comments for me....

On NY...
Forgot about the #1 pick in '09 not being movable because they moved the '10 pick. I'll adjust when I get a few moments. David Lee will not be resigned, neither will Harrington, botth would be cap space eater in the grand 2010 plan NY is putting together. Nash fits in perfectly with their 2010 plan, as he expires and he would be a cheaper than max target in that 2010 class, and is said to be a candidate to run with LBJ and Bosh. NY is using Harrington off the bench, and I think for the chance to reunite Coach D adn Nash might make it worht it for NY.

David Lee will be resigned if the only options are to
- lump him in with JJ (thus minimizing Lee's value) and add a pick for just to nab Nash who is a FA in the same offseason.
- Let him walk so another team can pick him up

Btw, Duhon has been an ideal PG under D'Antoni so either Nash is breaking down or Duhon is having almost as good a season as the "quintessential omnipresent PG Nash" because of D'Antoni and it has less to do with Nash being head and shoulders above Duhon.

Lee is no longer the no-offense player everyone claimed since he's added a jumpshot and he also happens to be top 20 in efficiency (5th among C's behind Yao Ming) and 5th in rebounds among all players. How anyone believes we have to add him to dump contracts is silly.
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
SideSwipe
Analyst

Post#11 » by SideSwipe » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:06 pm

Revisited.....

PHX trades:
Nash, Stoudemire, Shaq, Barbosa, Dudley, Hill, Tucker, Dragic, RoLo
PHX receives:
Jamison, Hassel, Blatche, Lee, Alexander, Watson, Najera, Sessions, Villanueva, WAS ’09 pick

PHX Lineup:
Sessions/ Watson
Richardson/ Barbosa/ Hassel
Jamison/ Barnes/ Alexander
Lee/ Villanueva/ Najera/ Amundson
Blatche/ Collison

NJ trades:
Simmons, Anderson, Boone, Najera, Hassel
NJ receives:
Shaq, Hill, Tucker

NJ Lineup:
Harris/ Dooling
Carter/ Tucker/ CDR
Hill/ Hayes/ Ager
Yi/ Williams/ Swift
Shaq/ Lopez

WAS trades:
Jamison, Blatche, Young, ’09 #1 pick
WAS receives:
Stoudemire, Jones

WAS Lineup:
Arenas/ James/ Crittenton
Stevenson/ Dixon/ Jones
Butler/ McGuire
Stoudemire/ Songaila
McGee/ Haywood/ Thomas/ Pecherov

MIL trades:
Sessions, Villanueva, Jones
MIL receives:
Harrington, Boone, Young

MIL Lineup:
Ridnour/ Lue
Redd/ Young/ Bell
Jefferson/ Moute
Harrington/ Boone/ Allen
Bogut/ Elson/

NY trades:
Harrington, Lee
NY receives:
Nash, Dudley, RoLo

NY Lineup:
Nash/ Duhon/ Marbury (I know- he’s done)
Richardson/ Robinson/ Roberson
Chandler/ Dudley/ Jeffries
Thomas/ Galinari (Galinari may play center for Coach D)/ Rose
RoLo/ Curry/ James (I know-he’s done)

OKC trades:
Watson, Collison
OKC receives:
Anderson, Simmons, Dragic

OKC Lineup:
Westbrook/ Atkins/ Dragic
Simmons/ Weaver/ Wilkins
Durant/ Green/ Mason/
Wilcox/ Smith/ Anderson/
Krstic/ Swift/ Sene

I know it's a lot to take in, but check the values, and let me know, if this looks better than the first go around.
Rockazoids
Head Coach

Post#12 » by Rockazoids » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:46 pm

It's still bad for NY. Nash would be about 35 in 2010. Adding Ro Lo doen't do a thing for NY.
If they want Nash in 2010 they can just sign him. No way NY trade Lee & Harrington for
a old Nash & 2 guy that need to be in the D-League. :noway:

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
BBALLER4FR
RealGM

Post#13 » by BBALLER4FR » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:52 pm

Rockazoids wrote:It's still bad for NY. Nash would be about 35 in 2010. Adding Ro Lo doen't do a thing for NY.
If they want Nash in 2010 they can just sign him. No way NY trade Lee & Harrington for

Who is RoLo?

Buttah304
Rockazoids
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Rockazoids » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:57 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:It's still bad for NY. Nash would be about 35 in 2010. Adding Ro Lo doen't do a thing for NY.

Who is RoLo?

The great Robin Lopez. :rofl:

BBALLER4FR
RealGM

Post#15 » by BBALLER4FR » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:02 pm

Rockazoids wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:

Who is RoLo?

The great Robin Lopez. :rofl:

Yeah well SideSwipe didn't even show Lopez leaving Phoenix...

SideSwipe wrote:PHX trades:
Nash, Stoudemire, Shaq, Barbosa, Dudley, Hill, Tucker, Dragic
PHX receives:
Jamison, Hassel, Blatche, Lee, Alexander, Watson, Najera, Sessions, Villanueva, WAS ’09 pick

Buttah304
Rockazoids
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Rockazoids » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:11 pm

I saw that,& Phx can keep him.

flash22
Bench Warmer
And1: 676

Post#17 » by flash22 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:29 pm

Washington says no...there not giving up a 20-10 player, blatche, young, and a top 3 pick for a player who will bolt in 2010...even if he did agree to resign that's still giving up to much.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,113

Post#18 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:31 pm

First trade I'm not sure about. IMO I rather have Sessions then Barbosa, Villanueva to Wilcox but I would probably prefer the Knicks pick to Alexander. In the end, I might do it.

Second trade I would do. I really like Young and Boone. Honestly, I might even be willing to take on Jefferies in the deal to help make it better for New York. I'm sure some Bucks fans wouldn't but I think Young is a stud.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
SideSwipe
Analyst

Post#19 » by SideSwipe » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:06 pm

I fixed the RoLo leaving PHX, piece, just forgot to add him in the list when I redid the trade. I really don't think that WAS would say no to Stoudemire for that package. Several WAS posters were saying they would trade, Jamison, Butler, and Blatche for Stoudemire a while back. I thought that was too much, so I balanced it here, and replaced Butler with the pick and young.

For NY, consider this, both of those guys will only be in NY for 3 more months. After that they are gone for nothing. Lee will absolutely not besigned and kept (maybe an S&T), but then they would have to take back equal salary, Harrington won't be resigned either. Neither of these guys will sign a one year deal that is still 2010 cap friendly for NY. NY will need to pull in contracts to replace these guys that expire before 2010, and Lee and Harrington do not accomplish that, neither will either of those guys return a premier level player (other than a 2-time MVP...DUH!) that will be 35 when his contract is up. NY will be much more alluring to LBJ if Nash is already there, and just needs to be resigned, instead of having to attract him there along with LBJ. Having Nash reduces the risk of losing LBJ. That said, make a proposal for Nash if you are from NY that works well, and be realistic about it too (Jared Jeffries and Jerom James doesn't get you Nash)

Glad to see that some of the value has gotten back in there for some of the other teams.
BBALLER4FR
RealGM

Post#20 » by BBALLER4FR » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm

SideSwipe wrote:For NY, consider this, both of those guys will only be in NY for 3 more months. After that they are gone for nothing. Lee will absolutely not besigned and kept (maybe an S&T), but then they would have to take back equal salary, Harrington won't be resigned either. Neither of these guys will sign a one year deal that is still 2010 cap friendly for NY. NY will need to pull in contracts to replace these guys that expire before 2010, and Lee and Harrington do not accomplish that, neither will either of those guys return a premier level player (other than a 2-time MVP...DUH!) that will be 35 when his contract is up. NY will be much more alluring to LBJ if Nash is already there, and just needs to be resigned, instead of having to attract him there along with LBJ. Having Nash reduces the risk of losing LBJ. That said, make a proposal for Nash if you are from NY that works well, and be realistic about it too (Jared Jeffries and Jerom James doesn't get you Nash)

Glad to see that some of the value has gotten back in there for some of the other teams.

Are you kidding? Did you not read Wiretap? LBJ mocked the Knicks for playing absolutely no D and you proclaim the only way he comes to NY is if we get "no D" Nash, who will be a FA in 2010 as well, by basically throwing away David Lee (top 20 efficiency, 5th among C's and 5th overall in rebounds, consistent dbl dbl who expanded his game by improving his jumpshot) because under no circumstances will NY resign him???

:crazy:

And why make a proposal for Nash when Duhon is doing just fine? Seems to me you want to get rid of Nash more than NY wants him and you want to force NY to take him.

Buttah304

Return to Trades and Transactions