DAL-LAC-POR: PG's shuffle

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Telfaire
Analyst
And1: 57

DAL-LAC-POR: PG's shuffle 

Post#1 » by Telfaire » Fri May 22, 2009 2:00 am

Dallas trade Terry, Carrol for Davis, Outlaw - they lose their 6th man, but get their new star PG to fill in for the soon-to-be-gone Kidd. Dump Carrol and get a 6th man in Outlaw.

Clippers trade Davis for Blake, Carrol and 24th pick - dump Davis, get an expiring PG in Blake plus a late pick which they could use for Calathes. Carrol is the price to pay for Davis' diminishing value.

Blazers trade Blake, Outlaw, 24th pick for Terry - get their veteran PG who'll mentor Bayless.
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Re: DAL-LAC-POR: PG's shuffle 

Post#2 » by JES12 » Fri May 22, 2009 2:05 am

No Kaman, no Davis. That's all there is to it from Dallas' end. This deal would be fine with just a Kaman/Dampier addition.

Edit: But I still would resign Kidd and have Davis coming off the bench.
Telfaire
Analyst

Post#3 » by Telfaire » Fri May 22, 2009 2:13 am

JES12 wrote:No Kaman, no Davis. That's all there is to it from Dallas' end. This deal would be fine with just a Kaman/Dampier addition.

Edit: But I still would resign Kidd and have Davis coming off the bench.

OK, financialy it could work - Clippers still save 4 millions in salary, and remove a year off Kaman's contract - more capsapce in 2011.
JES12
RealGM

Post#4 » by JES12 » Fri May 22, 2009 2:14 am

They remove 2 years off Kaman. Damp is an expiring.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#5 » by CB-Blazer » Fri May 22, 2009 2:15 am

Why would LAC be invovled in this?

Portland would just suggest the widely accepted Blake/Outlaw for Terry and if they need to grease the wheels, they have 4 2nd rounders to play with also.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 4,040

Post#6 » by ejftw » Fri May 22, 2009 2:16 am

No thanks. Carroll's lengthy contract isn't wanted and #24 is pretty useless in this draft. I doubt a Blake-Gordon backcourt would work as well.
JES12
RealGM

Post#7 » by JES12 » Fri May 22, 2009 2:18 am

ejftw wrote:No thanks. Carroll's lengthy contract isn't wanted and #24 is pretty useless in this draft. I doubt a Blake-Gordon backcourt would work as well.

I still find comments like this hilarious. You cut $38 mil off of Davis's contract (Davis - Carroll) and get a pick and Steve Blake who is paid fine for a backup or can be waived and not cost a penny. The length of the Huge awful contract is the same as the small awful one. And fooling yourself if you think anyone want's Davis.
Telfaire
Analyst

Post#8 » by Telfaire » Fri May 22, 2009 2:24 am

JES12 wrote:They remove 2 years off Kaman. Damp is an expiring.

Are you sure about this? first time I've heared of that...
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 4,040

Post#9 » by ejftw » Fri May 22, 2009 2:28 am

JES12 wrote:
ejftw wrote:No thanks. Carroll's lengthy contract isn't wanted and #24 is pretty useless in this draft. I doubt a Blake-Gordon backcourt would work as well.

I still find comments like this hilarious. You cut $38 mil off of Davis's contract (Davis - Carroll) and get a pick and Steve Blake who is paid fine for a backup or can be waived and not cost a penny. The length of the Huge awful contract is the same as the small awful one. And fooling yourself if you think anyone want's Davis.

I find your ignorance about the Clippers hilarious. Carroll is absolute garbage to us as Novak is much better, and if we were looking to dump Baron, I'm damn sure we would've already done that
JES12
RealGM

Post#10 » by JES12 » Fri May 22, 2009 2:30 am

What ignorance about Clippers?

I'm debating anything about Carroll. I'm debating your interest in keeping Davis. The reason why you still have him is because no one else wants him.

@Telfaire
Yes, his 2010 salary is completely unguaranteed unless he avg 30 MPG through 70 games this year, which is controlled by the coach.
JES12
RealGM

Post#11 » by JES12 » Fri May 22, 2009 2:40 am

@ ejftw

Since you seem to want to keep Davis (which is good news for me), what about this trade...

To Portland: Jason Terry
To Dallas: Chris Kaman
To Clippers: #22 (Dal), #24 (Por), + unguaranteed contracts (Blake, Outlaw)
timani
Senior
And1: 64

Post#12 » by timani » Fri May 22, 2009 2:46 am

^^^^JES beat me to it but I don't know that the picks would have to be involved.

I would change it up and make it:

Terry to Portland
Blake and Outlaw to LAC
Kaman to Dallas

Portland gets a very good outside shooting guard, that has playoff experience.
Clips get guys at two positions of want/need on one-year contracts.
Mavs get a real, live, (hopefully) walking, talking center.

The Mavs really want Kidd back so I see them overpaying him to make that happen (3yrs/27million??). Taking back a starting center's large salary would make this worth it for the Mavs.
Telfaire
Analyst

Post#13 » by Telfaire » Fri May 22, 2009 2:46 am

JES12 wrote:What ignorance about Clippers?

I'm debating anything about Carroll. I'm debating your interest in keeping Davis. The reason why you still have him is because no one else wants him.

@Telfaire
Yes, his 2010 salary is completely unguaranteed unless he avg 30 MPG through 70 games this year, which is controlled by the coach.

Nice to know that. How about though, if the Clippers recieve Outlaw and you get Blake in the expanded deal?
JES12
RealGM

Post#14 » by JES12 » Fri May 22, 2009 2:53 am

Let's not get side tracked on the deal that I posted (original idea was timani's). I'll start a new thread.
Telfaire
Analyst

Post#15 » by Telfaire » Fri May 22, 2009 2:54 am

timani wrote:^^^^JES beat me to it but I don't know that the picks would have to be involved.

Terry to Portland
Blake and Outlaw to LAC
Kaman to Dallas

The Mavs really want Kidd back so I see them overpaying him to make that happen (3yrs/27million??). Taking back a starting center's large salary would make this worth it for the Mavs.

So you'll play Dampier as 11-million payed backup center?
JES12
RealGM

Post#16 » by JES12 » Fri May 22, 2009 3:00 am

Dampier is fine. He is a much cheaper backup than Baron Davis. Or he can be moved in a sepperate deal.

BTW, the new thread is Here
timani
Senior
And1: 64

Post#17 » by timani » Fri May 22, 2009 3:54 am

Telfaire wrote:
timani wrote:^^^^JES beat me to it but I don't know that the picks would have to be involved.

Terry to Portland
Blake and Outlaw to LAC
Kaman to Dallas

So you'll play Dampier as 11-million payed backup center?

Yes, but he could probably be traded this offseason as well as the trade deadline as a $10-11million expiring contract. And the Mavs have never really known center depth so this is certainly not the end of the world. The key is he wouldn't be the starter, we would have a starter that can play on the offensive end of the court for a change.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#18 » by Darren » Fri May 22, 2009 2:23 pm

If Kidd leaves, I can see this happening:
Damp, Stack, Carroll for Baron and Camby.

Return to Trades and Transactions