Kings - Sixers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Crimson King
Pro Prospect
And1: 31

Re: Kings - Sixers 

Post#21 » by Crimson King » Fri Jun 5, 2009 8:50 pm

corwin wrote:Well you quoted Sixerfan correctly but that still doesn't make it a good idea to bring in the long term contracts of Nocioni & Udrith or Garcia for that matter. It's tough to put a championship team together when your subs have long term deals at $6 to $8 million a year. They've been squawking on the Philly Board for years about Willie Green who was paid $16 million for 5 years. Your guys have much worse contracts than that.

It's not Nocioni & Udrih or Garcia. It's Udrih & Nocioni or Garcia. As I said before, I think Garcia is a much better fit than Nocioni for the 76ers.

I think Garcia would be a good investment for the 76ers, 4 years at $5.8/year isn't bad. At the cost of Udrih? Not sure, but if the 76ers are so desesperate with Dalembert... maybe. At least is an option worth considering IMO.

And Reggie Evans+Willie Green for Kenny Thomas expiring could be added as compensation for the extra years.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,483

Post#22 » by youngcrev » Fri Jun 5, 2009 9:13 pm

While I value sixersfan1976''s information, the part about simply buying him out seems to be completely his own opinion.

I just can't see the Sixers taking on extra years just to get rid of Sammy. Jordan said if he doesn't buy into the system, he'll either be in a reduced role, or ride the pine. I'd rather see that than taking on 14M of Beno post-Sammy. We've got a lot of money coming off the books in 2010, and I just can't see them ruining that for the players coming in with this deal.

On the flip side, with your team's needs at the PG spot, and the unlikelihood of Rubio falling, any interest in a Lou Williams-Garcia deal?
corwin
Lead Assistant
And1: 13

Post#23 » by corwin » Sat Jun 6, 2009 1:01 am

zar wrote:It's not Nocioni & Udrih or Garcia. It's Udrih & Nocioni or Garcia. As I said before, I think Garcia is a much better fit than Nocioni for the 76ers.

I think Garcia would be a good investment for the 76ers, 4 years at $5.8/year isn't bad. At the cost of Udrih? Not sure, but if the 76ers are so desesperate with Dalembert... maybe. At least is an option worth considering IMO.

And Reggie Evans+Willie Green for Kenny Thomas expiring could be added as compensation for the extra years.

I know you weren't sending all 3 players but they all have 6-8 million dollar salaries for multiple years and all are role players. Dalembert, Green, & Evans all have two years left. There should be no desperation with short contracts like that. Your addition of Kenny Thomas for Evans & Green changes the situation a little bit but Philly still ends up with 2-3 extra years for the two guys that are traded for Dalembert. This is actually funny since the exact opposite happened when Philly traded for C-Wuss. That trade consolidated contracts & after C-Wuss was bought out, Sacramento was stuck with Kenny Thomas for another two or three years. He's still on your payroll.
Crimson King
Pro Prospect

Post#24 » by Crimson King » Sat Jun 6, 2009 8:18 am

youngcrev wrote:I just can't see the Sixers taking on extra years just to get rid of Sammy. Jordan said if he doesn't buy into the system, he'll either be in a reduced role, or ride the pine. I'd rather see that than taking on 14M of Beno post-Sammy. We've got a lot of money coming off the books in 2010, and I just can't see them ruining that for the players coming in with this deal.

In 2011, I guess. Because in 2010, Dalembert makes the same than Udrih+Garcia, and the 76ers would have 9 millions more of cap space if we add Thomas for Evans+Green to the deal.

It's OK, you aren't interested in taking Udrih for Dalembert, but at least is a different idea worth debating.

youngcrev wrote:On the flip side, with your team's needs at the PG spot, and the unlikelihood of Rubio falling, any interest in a Lou Williams-Garcia deal?

I don't think so, because the Kings need a true PG, and Williams obviously isn't. I prefer keep Garcia as 6th man.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#25 » by PhilasFinest » Sun Jun 7, 2009 6:46 am

i pass from Philly....

Sure we want to move Sam...but athletic shot blocking centers dont grow on tree's...id rather hang onto Sammy and his 11-8-2 per game and then have a valuable 12-13 million expiring next season
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
clipocketurs
Junior
And1: 0

Post#26 » by clipocketurs » Sun Jun 7, 2009 9:35 am

Beno 4 years
Nocioni 3 years

Dalembert 2 years

No way Sixers accept that deal.

Beno is a backup point guard that will be making over 6 million a year for the next 4 years.
Crimson King
Pro Prospect

Post#27 » by Crimson King » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:41 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:i pass from Philly....

Sure we want to move Sam...but athletic shot blocking centers dont grow on tree's...id rather hang onto Sammy and his 11-8-2 per game and then have a valuable 12-13 million expiring next season

sixerfan1976 wrote:other thing i heard is..in order to move dalembert..we are leaning towards trying to package a future 1st(not sure if it was 2010 or 2011)....to get rid of him......Thad is now considered a likely to stay unless they see an overwhelming offer. Ed S is definitely trying to find another shooter and a PG if/when miller leaves.

It's exactly what you're searching :D . Get rid of Dalembert and get a PG (Udrih) and another shooter (Garcia).

Tell sixerfan1976 Ed S should call Petrie :P
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,595

Post#28 » by sixerswillrule » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:00 pm

I think if we're moving Sam and taking back contracts with more years, it needs to be someone that's really worth it. Like Hinrich. Udrih and Garica are decent but they wouldn't be worth it. Because if we avoid taking on any more years, we can either use our expirings in 2010-11 to land us a really good player through a trade, or let them expire and have a lot of cap space to use in free agency.
76erFixer
Bench Warmer
And1: 17

Post#29 » by 76erFixer » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:33 pm

"I think Udrih+Garcia for Dalembert makes more sense. Iguodala is better at SF, and the 76ers need a shooter at the 2."bingo

Return to Trades and Transactions