TOR/BOS - Bosh to the Celtics

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

lojowo
Rookie
And1: 4

Re: TOR/BOS - Bosh to the Celtics 

Post#21 » by lojowo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:34 pm

wigglestrue wrote:I love how Raps fans don't yet get that Rondo > Calderon.

That and the fact Calderon is 5 years older then Rondo and Calderon may have already peaked while Rondo is improving year to year.

Rondo's PER has increased each of his 3 years while Calderon took a dip last year, falling behind his last two years.
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#22 » by bryant08 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:46 pm

I love how Boston fans think Calderon is a scrub. He's a fantastic offensive player, great 3 shooter, solid passer, and just an efficiency machine. Yeah, his defensive game is lacking greatly, but he's on offense he's an all around really solid player.

Rondo's special, yes, and he has significantly more value than Jose. But to call Jose an average PG at best is ridiculous. I'm so tired of seeing him being underrated this badly.
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#23 » by greenbeans » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:38 pm

Guys, it's a bad trade for both teams, no need to get so defensive and turn this into a <>fest.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#24 » by john2jer » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:03 pm

This actually isn't bad for the Raptors at all, especially with Bosh sounding like he won't sign an extension.

C - Perkins
PF - Bargnani
SF - DeRozan?
SG - Allen
PG - Rondo

Raptors actually learn how to play defense and move Bargs to his mroe natural PF position. Raptors would be insane not to do this.

But this is horrible for the Celtics.

1. Bosh
2. Rondo
3. Allen
4. Calderon
5. Perkins
6. Banks

Boston's team is built on defense. Calderon's never heard that word in his life, let alone know how to play it. The best player coming to Boston plays the same position as one of their top 2 players, and he's not any better than those two guys. Neither Bosh nor KG are centers. This royally screws Boston.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?

Return to Trades and Transactions