Prediction: Hinrich for #24

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,367

Re: Prediction: Hinrich for #24 

Post#21 » by coldfish » Mon Jun 8, 2009 10:11 pm

Leto wrote:I'll say it again. The Bulls are NOT going to salary dump Hinrich. IF they do, it won't be until AFTER Ben Gordon has signed a contract. That won't happen, if it does at all, until mid July.

There are conflicting rumors on that.
Paxson
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Paxson » Mon Jun 8, 2009 10:15 pm

I am still confused why Chicago would do this trade? We don't want to get rid of Hinrich unless it improves our team. You can say that about any of our players. This deal is horrible for Chicago. Turrible. Just Turrible.
Agenda42
General Manager
And1: 461

Post#23 » by Agenda42 » Mon Jun 8, 2009 10:59 pm

Paxson wrote:I am still confused why Chicago would do this trade? We don't want to get rid of Hinrich unless it improves our team. You can say that about any of our players. This deal is horrible for Chicago. Turrible. Just Turrible.

I think the only reason to do this sort of trade is if Hinrich made a private trade demand and you didn't want to take salary back. I think there would be a reasonable big available in return for Hinrich if the Bulls were willing to take back salary.

I really don't think Hinrich is playing for the Bulls next season, he's too good to be playing 10 minutes a night at the point and another 15 at the 2. His contract means that the Bulls can't really want him to do that, either.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#24 » by NashtyNas » Mon Jun 8, 2009 11:54 pm

This would make a LOT of sense for Portland. They would still have the LLE & MLE for use, and pieces in Webster/Blake/Outlaw/Bayless to move if they really wanted to (which I think they would, for a good backup big. Maybe make another trade with the Knicks after acquiring Hinrich of Webster + Bayless for a David Lee S&T or something.)

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
LifeLongFan
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#25 » by LifeLongFan » Tue Jun 9, 2009 3:20 am

Hinrich won't be traded until Ben Gordon is addressed. And then the #24 wouldn't be enough because it doesn't fill any Chicago needs for taking the next step in the playoffs which is front court scoring. Brad Miller is a good chip because he is expiring next year.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#26 » by CB-Blazer » Tue Jun 9, 2009 3:56 am

sd1306 wrote:This would make a LOT of sense for Portland. They would still have the LLE & MLE for use, and pieces in Webster/Blake/Outlaw/Bayless to move if they really wanted to (which I think they would, for a good backup big. Maybe make another trade with the Knicks after acquiring Hinrich of Webster + Bayless for a David Lee S&T or something.)

Portland cannot use their capspace to sign a player then use the MLE/LLE, I'm about 99.8% sure that is correct......

Anyone care to verify?
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#27 » by NashtyNas » Tue Jun 9, 2009 4:36 am

Um that is incorrect. The MLE / LLE can only be used if your over the cap space, therefore if Portland's salary goes over 58 or 60 million, they will be allowed to use the MLE and LLE if they didnt use it last year (LLE is bi-annual, MLE is annual). This is correct as far as I know. None the less, they're not 'signing' Hinrich, so they should be able to use them anyways.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,329

Post#28 » by Wizenheimer » Tue Jun 9, 2009 4:41 am

sd1306 wrote:Um that is incorrect. The MLE / LLE can only be used if your over the cap space, therefore if Portland's salary goes over 58 or 60 million, they will be allowed to use the MLE and LLE if they didnt use it last year (LLE is bi-annual, MLE is annual). This is correct as far as I know. None the less, they're not 'signing' Hinrich, so they should be able to use them anyways.

and you are incorrect

in oder to create the cap-space in the first place, all the exceptions (including trade exceptions) have to be renounced, otherwise, they count against the cap. Once renounced, a team won't have them again till the following season.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#29 » by CB-Blazer » Tue Jun 9, 2009 4:49 am

Wizenheimer wrote:
sd1306 wrote:Um that is incorrect. The MLE / LLE can only be used if your over the cap space, therefore if Portland's salary goes over 58 or 60 million, they will be allowed to use the MLE and LLE if they didnt use it last year (LLE is bi-annual, MLE is annual). This is correct as far as I know. None the less, they're not 'signing' Hinrich, so they should be able to use them anyways.

and you are incorrect

in oder to create the cap-space in the first place, all the exceptions (including trade exceptions) have to be renounced, otherwise, they count against the cap. Once renounced, a team won't have them again till the following season.

Thanks Wiz for clarifying for me, I thought I was right........
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,556

Post#30 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Jun 9, 2009 5:37 am

I'd have a very hard time seeing the Bulls not keeping Gordon if they have enough room to offer for him. The only teams with capspace are Detroit (won't go after Gordon with Hamilton there), OKC (possible, but if they draft Harden, which will be known by draft night, they won't go after Gordon... and why would Gordon choose to play in OKC over Chicago?), Memphis (will spend on Charlie or Millsap, not Gordon with Mayo there), and Atlanta (hands tied with Bibby/Marvin/Childress/Zaza and they have JJ). Gordon wants his money, if they pay him he'll stay

Return to Trades and Transactions