Mike Miller and #6 for Luol Deng

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,750

Re: Mike Miller and #6 for Luol Deng 

Post#21 » by gswhoops » Tue Jun 9, 2009 10:20 pm

shrink wrote:Deng has five years worth of $10 mil+ contracts

10,365,000 11,345,000 12,325,000 13,365,000 14,275,000 = $61 million!

:o

I knew he was overpaid, but not by this much...he makes Maggette look like a bargain.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#22 » by boogydown » Tue Jun 9, 2009 10:31 pm

Except Maggette plays no D where Deng is above average on defense and rebounding.
skorff26
Analyst
And1: 17

Post#23 » by skorff26 » Tue Jun 9, 2009 10:39 pm

Minnesota says no thanks
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#24 » by Esohny » Tue Jun 9, 2009 10:40 pm

So he has an absurd contract that's objectionable in a slightly different way.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,750

Post#25 » by gswhoops » Tue Jun 9, 2009 10:46 pm

boogydown wrote:Except Maggette plays no D where Deng is above average on defense and rebounding.

I'll give you rebounding, but Maggette has a lower opponent PER and a smaller negative impact on opponent scoring then Deng...so if there is any difference at all on defense, it's slight.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#26 » by cpfsf » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:04 am

Minnesota will never give a #6 for Hinrich or Deng

You won’t be able to convince us to donate our pick only so every author in America can mock us making another “McHale trade” (even if McHale is no longer GM). For those of you unfamiliar with this, it occurs when we make a team Finals contenders while we stay in the lottery. Do you not understand every year we have to listen about KG, Roy, and Allen?

Let me just bring up a scenario where the trade goes through and Deng will have a better season than any other player Minnesota could have drafted with the #6 pick (I'm not even going to mention trading Mike Miller).

Luol Deng won’t be able to get Minnesota a playoff spot, but if Deng's as good as you think he is, his presence may cause Minnesota to lose their draft pick to LAC. So instead of a young talented player on a rookie contract to look forward to, Minnesota acquires an overpaid player that may cause them to lose their 2010 draft pick. And if we keep our 2010 pick (meaning we are have a top 10 pick) then it means we didn't really improve and now we have a bad contract on our hands.

Why does Minnesota pull the trigger on a trade which causes them to lose expiring contracts, a #6 pick, and risks a top 10 2010 draft pick? As a result, Minnesota’s roster is pretty much set in stone and we won’t be able to acquire anyone because we have all of our money going to Deng.

Fast forward, what happens when we finally drag ourselves into the playoffs (who knows when that will be)? We will get swept every year because we don’t have the talent to advance, and we can’t get any prospects because we keep making the playoffs. It’s a vicious cycle Kevin Garnett faced and it’s one of the many reasons you won’t find many Minnesota fans that will support this trade.

btw, this isn't my main argument but hypothetically, if we really wanted an overpriced small forward, we can opt for Richard Jefferson. We can get Jefferson a lot cheaper than a #6 and Miller. Heck, we probably just trade expirings (not Mike Miller by the way). I should note that I would be opposed to even this trade because we will give up the protected pick to LAC. So no thanks.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#27 » by boogydown » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:19 am

This is like thread proposal number 100 between Chicago and Minnasota. Nothing has changed but here are the facts

1). Minnasota has interest in Hinrich only.
2). Chicago wants a lottery pick for Hinrich.
3). Minnasota declined a deal which included a draft pick + expirings at deadline
4). Rumors of #6 being swamped with Hinrich which may include other players is not a reliable source.
5). Likely we are to here more rumors up to draft night.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#28 » by Leto » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:38 am

1) Never say Never. Hinrich is a lot better player than most on this forum give him credit for. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Wolves give up the 6th pick for him and the 16.

2) Deng won't be traded. As others have indicated, his value as at an all time low right now so the Bulls won't get what they want and teams won't offer what he's worth.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,148

Post#29 » by GopherIt! » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:20 am

That's pretty nasty for MN.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#30 » by Esohny » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:53 am

I would be so surprised and dismayed by such a brutal Wolves raping that I might have to seek therapy. Terrible.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,762

Post#31 » by shrink » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:33 am

Leto wrote:1) Never say Never. Hinrich is a lot better player than most on this forum give him credit for. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Wolves give up the 6th pick for him and the 16.

Leto, you should say never a lot more often.

I think I gave you like 10 reasons why this would never happen on the Bulls board. While most bulls fans agreed, you ignored them all, and continue to post again and again with this foolishness. Just because you want it to happen for your favorite team doesn't mean it will.
Teddy KGB
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#32 » by Teddy KGB » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:01 am

boogydown wrote:Except Maggette plays no D where Deng is above average on defense and rebounding.

Yeah but at least Maggz can do some things (get to the FT line, score) well unlike Deng who cannot do a single thing well on the basketball court.
Formerly ss_maverick, JHos Hydro
MeatWad0
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#33 » by MeatWad0 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:03 am

Yes Plz.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,762

Post#34 » by shrink » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:05 am

boogydown wrote:This is like thread proposal number 100 between Chicago and Minnasota. Nothing has changed but here are the facts

1). Minnasota has interest in Hinrich only.
2). Chicago wants a lottery pick for Hinrich.
3). Minnasota declined a deal which included a draft pick + expirings at deadline
4). Rumors of #6 being swamped with Hinrich which may include other players is not a reliable source.
5). Likely we are to here more rumors up to draft night.

1a. Chicago has interest in moving Hinrich
2a. MIN wanted to offer no lottery pick, and half expirings, half two-year deal for Hinrich
3a CHI declined a deal that included no lottery pick, and half expirings, half two-year deal for Hinrich
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#35 » by john2jer » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:34 pm

Kahn's on record of saying it will take 17 months, which brings us to the start of the 2010 season. that right there is evidence he wouldn't do something as stupid as trading the #6 for Hinrich or Deng. Failure to acknowledge that screams of homerism.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#36 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:30 pm

deng used to be awesome, but it's hard to trade for a guy and assume he'll regain what he used to be when they make that kind of coin.

I'll stick w/ Gomes and his 4 million thankyouverymuch
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#37 » by john2jer » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:29 pm

Leto wrote:1) Never say Never. Hinrich is a lot better player than most on this forum give him credit for. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Wolves give up the 6th pick for him and the 16.

2) Deng won't be traded. As others have indicated, his value as at an all time low right now so the Bulls won't get what they want and teams won't offer what he's worth.

http://www.twolvesblog.com/200906102207 ... lders.html

-When asked about rumored trades, he mentioned Kirk Hinrich whom he described as a nice player who makes too much money. He said Hinrich is not what the team is looking for offensively

Straight from David Kahn.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#38 » by Basti » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:33 pm

john2jer wrote:

http://www.twolvesblog.com/200906102207 ... lders.html

-When asked about rumored trades, he mentioned Kirk Hinrich whom he described as a nice player who makes too much money. He said Hinrich is not what the team is looking for offensively

Straight from David Kahn.

thank you David!

Return to Trades and Transactions