New Jersey/Chicago

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

New Jersey/Chicago 

Post#1 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Jun 9, 2009 4:30 am

NJ outgoing:
Jarvis Hayes
Trenton Hassell
Eduardo Najera
Sean Williams
11th overall pick

Chicago outgoing:
Kirk Hinrich
16th pick
26th pick

Why they do it...
NJ trades down from their lotto pick for two lower picks and give up a true quality bench scorer in Hayes, along with a trade asset in Trent Hassell's useful expiring, but they pick up a very good combo guard to bring off the bench or start next to Devin, with VC at the 3.

Chicago trades up 5 picks into the lottery for two later picks and pick up a good prospect in Sean Williams, albeit with very debatable value because of his off the court antics. They send out Hinrich, but pick up two useful expirings in Hassell and Hayes and a useful when healthy vet in Najera, who is a good lockeroom guy and mentor for the young guys. To be honest though, Najera's basically a small bad contract to make up for the fact Hinrich is overpaid.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
outlaw81
Sophomore
And1: 8

Re: New Jersey/Chicago 

Post#2 » by outlaw81 » Tue Jun 9, 2009 4:34 am

Bulls say no, why would anyone want that crap.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#3 » by boogydown » Tue Jun 9, 2009 4:41 am

Bulls say no. Hinrich contract is not that bad.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#4 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:18 am

I really think this is close if not right.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#5 » by Leto » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:30 am

Bulls decline...easily.
JimmyBulls
Banned User
And1: 2
Location: At the local mega-church, and not buying the prayer cloth.

Post#6 » by JimmyBulls » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:54 am

Nope.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#7 » by Esohny » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:58 am

Haven't you heard? Hinrich is a top point guard with a fair contract. That's why he was beaten out for the starting job by a rookie basically immediately.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
boogydown
Banned User

Post#8 » by boogydown » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:15 am

That is a rookie of a year point guard, and one that would likely start on any team.

It's also why teams such as

Portland, Golden State, Minnesota, Philadelphia, LA Lakers, LA Clippers, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Milwaukee, Utah, Washington, Miami, Toronto, Phoenix, and Sacramento have expressed interest in having them join their teams as a starter.
Esohny
RealGM

Post#9 » by Esohny » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:19 am

Man, I wonder why Utah hasn't traded for Hinrich to replace that poser Deron Williams yet?
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#10 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:00 am

No to Kirk as a SG. He is a PG. Plus, the Nets already have Dooling as a combo guard.

I'd do the #11 for the #16 and #26, definitely (unless Harden falls to us). The rest of the deal doesn't appeal to me.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
deviljets7
Lead Assistant
And1: 24

Post#11 » by deviljets7 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:27 am

I can't argue the value here, but I can't say I like the fit here with Hinrich in NJ.
enetric wrote:You have the perfect fat% to sit on your butt, eat crap and WATCH someone else do it though. Hell, at that body fat% you might be a starter.
boogydown
Banned User

Post#12 » by boogydown » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:03 am

Esohny wrote:Man, I wonder why Utah hasn't traded for Hinrich to replace that poser Deron Williams yet?

Hinrich can play SG buddy.
Esohny
RealGM

Post#13 » by Esohny » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:06 pm

Now you're saying that Hinrich is a top SG too? I've already seen the GIANT list of contenders that he'd start at PG for, but SG too? Why would you ever trade him? He sounds incredible.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,316

Post#14 » by coldfish » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:21 pm

I don't see why the Bulls would have any interest in this.

Esohny wrote:Haven't you heard? Hinrich is a top point guard with a fair contract. That's why he was beaten out for the starting job by a rookie basically immediately.

LOL. Derrick . . . Rose. I don't know what team you support, but odds are that Rose would have beaten your PG out on day 1 also.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#15 » by NetsForce » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:26 pm

I don't like this for the Nets, playing Kirk or Devin at the 2 isn't a good recipe for success.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#16 » by CellarDoor » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:33 pm

This isn't a good trade for either team. Kirk playing next to Devin isn't going to be any better than many easier targets (or, you know, Vince) and on Chicago's side I'm not even sure I'd do the pick swaps alone much less trade Kirk for complete trash.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#17 » by BR0D1E86 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:59 pm

Man, I wonder why Utah hasn't traded for Hinrich to replace that poser Deron Williams yet?

Personally, I find the frighteningly over-exaggerated response to the Bulls’ fan sentiment of “Hinrich is not available for your garbage” to be tiresome.

As for the OP’s trade, no. Hinrich is not available for your garbage.

Cue “LOLZ, HINRICH FOR LEBRON OR SCREW YOU” responses.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#18 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:19 pm

Actually, I didn't especially think Chicago fans would be interested in this. It's really mainly a salary dump with one really useful player(Hayes) at Chicago's most overfilled position and Sean Williams thrown in, who is still a very nice prospect, well, if you can keep him from destroying cell phone stores and stalking ex girl friends. :lol:

The pick swap could be done on it's own and if the Nets don't wind up trading up with another team and someone like Hill doesn't fall, I have a feeling that actual trade will happen on draft night.

I didn't even think Nets fans would likethe original though.
I would bring Hinrich off the bench for around 27mpg if this went down though.
The trade is a little redundant for NJ figuring we have Dooling though, who is very similar to Hinrich and is paid A LOT less.
Esohny
RealGM

Post#19 » by Esohny » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:27 pm

Those "frightening" responses are due to SOME bulls fans' "frightening" overvaluing of Hinrich, and their refusal to consider the fact that he is extremely overpaid for being an average point guard and therefore has relatively low trade value.

You could should talk to the group of bulls fans who keep coming up with ridiculous Hinrich trades that would fleece trade partners. Nobody is trading a boatload of raw cap space, lottery picks, and young talent for Hinrich, just as Hinrich "isn't available for garbage."

*edit: And my statement was a response to a specific post about how half the teams in the league were trying to trade for Hinrich, including Utah, where Hinrich would basically have the same position off the bench he has now with the bulls, except the Jazz aren't taking on his mammoth contract for that.

Return to Trades and Transactions