LAC / LAL

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

citizen bob
Banned User
And1: 0

LAC / LAL 

Post#1 » by citizen bob » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:44 am

What about a trade with Baron going to the Lakers and Odom coming back on a sign and trade arrangement. Lakers may have to throw in Fisher or somebody else to make the likely numbers work - I doubt we would pay Odom $12M - but I think it would benefit both teams (especially of the Clippers were to take back some salary). We could move Lamar to the starting SF role and he could become the leader we hoped he would be when we drafted him. He looks like he is off the pot now so maybe that is why his defense is so awesome in the playoffs. This deal only makes sense if Laker fans are willing to sacrifice Odom. I wouldn't personally, but some of the Lakers fans I know seem very willing to move him if it frees more time for Ariza and Gasol. Baron would definitely behave in Kobe's realm.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,683

Re: LAC / LAL 

Post#2 » by dockingsched » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:46 am

lakers would not even consider that.

i don't even know how you think it would free up time for ariza. odom plays pf every minute he's on the court, ariza plays sg/sf.

i don't know why the clips would want yet another pf anyway.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
citizen bob
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by citizen bob » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:50 am

I figure that Odom can play the SF. He has the Point Forward skills and it is only because of Ariza that Odom does not play SF in Phils system. He played the majority of his minutes as a SF when with the Clippers.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#4 » by VintaGe36 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:30 am

Regardless, Baron Davis/Kobe Bryant might be the most talented backcourt in the league, and would be absolutely albatross.
PlinkingPanda
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#5 » by PlinkingPanda » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:51 am

Odom doesn't want to play for the Clips, and I sure as hell don't want him back because of it. The guy flat out said he'd play like **** for us if we matched any offer any other team gave to him.

Return to Trades and Transactions