LAC/ UTA/ GSW

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: LAC/ UTA/ GSW 

Post#21 » by St.Nick » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:25 pm

That point about Sasha is just circular reasoning.

In any case, I'm pretty confident that you don't know what you are talking about. We really don't need to go on. Nothing personal, I just think this has hit its limit.
killbuckner
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#22 » by killbuckner » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:27 pm

St Nick- please just let me know what teams in the 20-23 range you think would give up their first rounder for Belinelli. You think Belinelli is worth far more right? Of course you won't actually name the teams because it would make it clear how ridiculous your statement was.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#23 » by St.Nick » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:58 pm

killbuckner wrote:St Nick- please just let me know what teams in the 20-23 range you think would give up their first rounder for Belinelli. You think Belinelli is worth far more right? Of course you won't actually name the teams because it would make it clear how ridiculous your statement was.

If a team doesn't think its worth trading their player for a pick in the 20-23 range thats all that matters. I could care less who is picking at #20-23 and whether they need Belinelli or not. It has no relevance.
killbuckner
RealGM

Post#24 » by killbuckner » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:05 pm

Clearly the Warriors also valued Joey Graham more than the 20th pick in the draft as well.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#25 » by St.Nick » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:14 pm

Nice unsubstantiated report lacking in info or sources to cite. But even for arguments sake say that AT THE TIME it was true, it was before Marco got playing time and became a very effective 20mpg player.

Honestly bro, you've watched two games. You don't have the knowledge to discredit everyone else thats watched the guy as blind, idiot homers. That just doesn't hold water. Move on.
killbuckner
RealGM

Post#26 » by killbuckner » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:28 pm

I have seen 10% of the the only small stretch of his career where he was a competent NBA player. Many scrub players have had a decent stretch to their career.I can also use the numbers over the rest of his career to form a valid assessment of what he has shown the rest of the time. Its not your fault- fans consistently overvalue their young talent. And sure- there is confirmation bias because trading Marko straight up for an expiring contract is pretty close to what I perceive his value to be- a guy who could potentially have his 4th year TO declined. Of course you don't have any evidence at all that Marko is worth "Much more than the 20th pick in the draft". If you had just said that you personally wouldn't trade Marko for the 20th pick I wouldn't have said anything, but you are overvaluing what his actual trade value is to a laughable degree.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#27 » by lakerhater » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:50 pm

Marco Belinelli is not a scrub like player that had a decent stretch in his career. Those games before his injury basically were his NBA career because he never had a chance prior to that. He played well during that time and there's no reason for Warrior fans to think that type of play will end going into next year given 100 percent health.

I wouldn't deal him for the 20th pick in this draft. Maybe a stronger draft year would change my mind. Right now I'd rather just let him continue to develop so Utah can keep number 20 and the Warriors will go ahead and keep Belinelli this year.
sendai91
Rookie
And1: 14

Post#28 » by sendai91 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:54 pm

I actually think that both Utah and New Orleans would offer their #20 or #21 pick this year for Belinelli without too much hesitation.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#29 » by St.Nick » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:29 pm

killbuckner wrote:I have seen 10% of the the only small stretch of his career where he was a competent NBA player. Many scrub players have had a decent stretch to their career.I can also use the numbers over the rest of his career to form a valid assessment of what he has shown the rest of the time. Its not your fault- fans consistently overvalue their young talent. And sure- there is confirmation bias because trading Marko straight up for an expiring contract is pretty close to what I perceive his value to be- a guy who could potentially have his 4th year TO declined. Of course you don't have any evidence at all that Marko is worth "Much more than the 20th pick in the draft". If you had just said that you personally wouldn't trade Marko for the 20th pick I wouldn't have said anything, but you are overvaluing what his actual trade value is to a laughable degree.

Lets play a game.

Whats your favorite team?
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,110

Post#30 » by jazzfan1971 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:34 pm

Why so hard to just remove him from the deal?
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."

Return to Trades and Transactions