Utah/Toronto

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

tmb3
Freshman
And1: 7

Utah/Toronto 

Post#1 » by tmb3 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:18 pm

After watching the Jazz/Raptors game last night, I noticed how frustrated Bosh seemed to be with that team. It made me think that unless things change soon, he is not going to sign a long term deal there. So if the Raptors continue to struggle and realize they will lose him, here is a trade that works for both teams.

Toronto trades:
Bosh
Banks
Wright

Utah trades:
Boozer(exp)
Brewer(exp)
Harpring (exp)
Price - 1 yr min

Toronto Linuep:
Bargnani/Nesterovic
Boozer/Johnson
Turkoglu/Derozan
Brewer/Belinelli
Calderon/Jack

Raptors lose Bosh, but will probably lose him for nothing if they continue to struggle. They get rid of Banks and his contract giving them extra money this offseason. If Boozer fits they can resign him, if not, they will have the money to lure another top-tier player.

Utah Lineup:
Okur/Fessenko
Bosh/Millsap
AK/Korver
Miles/Mathews
DWill/Maynor

Jazz get Bosh to team up with DWill. This will allow the Jazz to rebuild quickly. DWill and Bosh plus the New York pick(possibly 1-5) will be the core we can rebuild the team around. They take on Banks' horrible contract, but he will expire next year with AK's horrible contract, giving them cap space to add another key piece in 2011.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,047

Re: Utah/Toronto 

Post#2 » by loserX » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:22 pm

Doubt Utah does it. Bosh could leave just as easily as Boozer...which means the Jazz have lost Brewer (an RFA we could keep) and taken on Banks for nothing. Bosh would have to be the piece that gave us the title this year in order for us to take this risk, and I don't think he is.

And unless Toronto thinks Bosh is a sure goner while Boozer is a sure...uh, stayer, I doubt this is good enough for them either.
tradedmascot_14
Senior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by tradedmascot_14 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:23 pm

Could be worse, but ideally if we are giving up Bosh and keeping Bargs, I want another starting big who really crashes the boards. Boozer's not bad, but I'd call it plan B.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,200

Post#4 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:23 pm

I doubt Toronto wants to move Bargnani for Boozer since he and Bosh would be terrible fit since Boozer isn't the greatest defender in the world and neither is a true 5.

Utah would pass as well since Bargnani isn't needed when they have Okur and Millsap Bargnani and Jose would be $18+ million backups.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
loserX

Post#5 » by loserX » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:38 pm

tradedmascot_14 wrote:Could be worse, but ideally if we are giving up Bosh and keeping Bargs, I want another starting big who really crashes the boards. Boozer's not bad, but I'd call it plan B.

This is an odd comment, unless I've misunderstood it. Boozer is one of the best rebounders in the NBA.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,154

Post#6 » by moocow007 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:49 pm

If Bosh is frustrated with the team then why wouldn't Boozer be? And if Boozer isn't (assuming the frustration is justifiable) then why would the Raptors want Boozer?

In the end, if it seems like Bosh just doesn't want to be in Toronto anymore the Raptors would still be better off holding onto him and seeing what they can get via a sign-and-trade (Bosh would get more money in such a scenario and likely would have more opportunities to land with a team that will have one of the other big guys on it...Miami, NY, Chicago, etc). At the very least you'd end up with a huge chunk of capspace to try to find a replacement for Bosh (what you'd end up with anyways with this deal, but only without as valuable sign-and-trade asset)

The only reason you'd do this now is that you: a) believe Bosh will definitely leave, b) that Boozer is actually worth a max contract (where trading for his Bird Rights would afford you) and c) that Boozer will be happy to resign with the Raptors.
Canucklehead
Veteran
And1: 23

Post#7 » by Canucklehead » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:24 pm

We'll take Maynor, Brewer the NY first, your first and AK-47 for Bosh and Jose
gregdj
Starter
And1: 251

Post#8 » by gregdj » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:32 pm

as a toronto fan... dealing bosh is the worst thing we can do unless there is no choice we are looking to rid bargs and calderon...
loserX

Post#9 » by loserX » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:32 pm

Canucklehead wrote:We'll take Maynor, Brewer the NY first, your first and AK-47 for Bosh and Jose

Yeah, no. Really not interested in paying Calderon that much money to play limited minutes, we can't trade both firsts, and even if we could we're not giving up all those assets so we can have Bosh, Boozer and Millsap all at PF. (For a year, and then risk losing both Bosh AND Boozer for nothing.)

The Jazz and Raptors really aren't good trading partners at this time because there's not much the Raps can offer that fills any crying needs for Utah. It's just a bad fit of teams.
JDubJazz
Analyst
And1: 4

Post#10 » by JDubJazz » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:32 pm

Canucklehead wrote:We'll take Maynor, Brewer the NY first, your first and AK-47 for Bosh and Jose

And we'll counter with Bosh, Turkoglu and your 1st for Fesenko.
--J-Dub--
Canucklehead
Veteran
And1: 23

Post#11 » by Canucklehead » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:50 pm

loserX wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:The Jazz and Raptors really aren't good trading partners at this time because there's not much the Raps can offer that fills any crying needs for Utah. It's just a bad fit of teams.

I agree and there's not much the Jazz have to offer the raps of value for a top 10 player either then draft picks that are just as likely to turn into busts as they are a player that may or not get to the level of a CB4. At least Utah would have movable pieces to build around a core of D Will and Bosh
tradedmascot_14
Senior

Post#12 » by tradedmascot_14 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:58 pm

loserX wrote:
tradedmascot_14 wrote:Could be worse, but ideally if we are giving up Bosh and keeping Bargs, I want another starting big who really crashes the boards. Boozer's not bad, but I'd call it plan B.

This is an odd comment, unless I've misunderstood it. Boozer is one of the best rebounders in the NBA.

He's really not. He plays in a starting 5 with three gaurds and Okur. His rebounding numbers are good but IMO they are a bit inflated. Although I suppose the same could be said for Bosh.
beno
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by beno » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:22 pm

I will trade Bosh for the Boozer + Utah pick (if #1)
schneiderjazz
Assistant Coach
And1: 19

Post#14 » by schneiderjazz » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:02 pm

beno wrote:I will trade Bosh for the Boozer + Utah pick (if #1)

Why the hell would the Jazz do that? Bosh is not that much of an upgrade over Boozer and he might leave at the end of the year. We're not giving up any pick for Bosh, unless he's re-signed.

tradedmascot_14 wrote:He's really not. He plays in a starting 5 with three gaurds and Okur. His rebounding numbers are good but IMO they are a bit inflated. Although I suppose the same could be said for Bosh.

And anyone who thinks Boozer is not a great rebounder is out of his damn mind.

Boozer career average:
32.5 minutes - 10 rebounds per game

Bosh:
37.1 minutes - 9.2 rebounds per game

When did Kirilenko become a guard? If anything guys like Bosh and Dwight have inflated rebounding stats for playing with guys like Bargnani at C and Lewis at PF.

Return to Trades and Transactions