Phoenix/New Orleans Blockbuster Swap...

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

pja123
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11

Phoenix/New Orleans Blockbuster Swap... 

Post#1 » by pja123 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:33 pm

Suns get:
David West
Emeka Okafor

Hornets get:
Amare Stoudemire
Jarron Collins

WHY IT COULD WORK FOR THE SUNS:
This isn't really a "rebuilding" move since the Suns re-upped Nash for the long-term, I don't think they want to go into full blown rebuilding (especially with their 2010 pick going to OKC). This trade allows them to get quality value for Stoudemire (whom they apparently feel won't re-sign in the summer). I think a quartet of Nash, Richardson, West, and Okafor would be able to get Phoenix into the post season.
SUNS LINE-UP:
PG-Nash/Dragic
SG-Richardson/Dudley
SF-Hill/Clark/Amundsun
PF-West/Griffin
C-Okafor/Frye/Lopez

WHY IT COULD WORK FOR THE HORNETS:
This is an attempt to cut costs while keeping Paul happy (for at least the rest of this season). The presumption for this trade to go down would be that Stoudemire is likely going to opt out and head elsewhere in the summer. When that happens, the Hornets will have plenty of space under the luxury tax and even cap room to go after some more affordable talent (they'd probably go after some of the lower-tier free agents to fill the frontline).
HORNETS LINE-UP:
PG-Paul/Collison
SG-Peterson/Thornton
SF-Stojackavic/Posey
PF-Wright/Songalia
C-Stoudemire/Collins/Gray/Marks
why22
Analyst
And1: 16

Re: Phoenix/New Orleans Blockbuster Swap... 

Post#2 » by why22 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:35 pm

pja123 wrote:Suns get:
David West
Emeka Okafor

Hornets get:
Amare Stoudemire
Jarron Collins

WHY IT COULD WORK FOR THE SUNS:
This isn't really a "rebuilding" move since the Suns re-upped Nash for the long-term, I don't think they want to go into full blown rebuilding (especially with their 2010 pick going to OKC). This trade allows them to get quality value for Stoudemire (whom they apparently feel won't re-sign in the summer). I think a quartet of Nash, Richardson, West, and Okafor would be able to get Phoenix into the post season.
SUNS LINE-UP:
PG-Nash/Dragic
SG-Richardson/Dudley
SF-Hill/Clark/Amundsun
PF-West/Griffin
C-Okafor/Frye/Lopez

WHY IT COULD WORK FOR THE HORNETS:
This is an attempt to cut costs while keeping Paul happy (for at least the rest of this season). The presumption for this trade to go down would be that Stoudemire is likely going to opt out and head elsewhere in the summer. When that happens, the Hornets will have plenty of space under the luxury tax and even cap room to go after some more affordable talent (they'd probably go after some of the lower-tier free agents to fill the frontline).
HORNETS LINE-UP:
PG-Paul/Collison
SG-Peterson/Thornton
SF-Stojackavic/Posey
PF-Wright/Songalia
C-Stoudemire/Collins/Gray/Marks

i dont think no gets that much better considering amare is a centre and julian wright is starting
Basketball_Jones wrote:BC holding Casey accountable would go like this:

BC: so I see you played Andrea quite a bit there when he was struggling
Casey: yeah I know, we needed spacing
BC: play him more (walks away)
KopLegend
Sixth Man
And1: 197

Post#3 » by KopLegend » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:41 pm

I don't think the Suns will be willing to take on Okafor's long contract.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#4 » by old rem » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:17 pm

With the Sun's frugality, they won't be real keen on taking on contracts. The H Nets won't have any talent aside from Paul and Amare, and are bogged down with scrubs and has beens on bloated deals...so Amare is GONE. That leaves CP and a lot of 3rd string types. When CP demands a trade.....vacant arena. The Hornets are in a minefield,a small market town hit by hurricane,flood and an economic slump. They have 3 players of note and late pick D Collison is the only prospect worth keeping. They have a lot of junk they can't shed for a year and a half. The GOOD news is they do seem to overachieve. A scenario where NO has no OKAFOR,no WEST, NO Amare,adds maybe a pick between 14-16.......and they play in the WEST? Paul could be Magic Johnson,and he's passing to guys lucky to score 8 pt a game....aside from Peja who can do volume, can't D a midget,can't D any animate object.

Virtually EVERY West team would have 3-7 GOOD players. The Wolves have Love,Al Jeff,Flynn...and they are near the BOTTOM,so "not THAT good" ? Even so......A stripped down Hornets would be pushed to win any games. Put a guy on Paul full court and double him when he had the ball.....What could the Hornets do?

N Orleans has to be wary NOT to lurch into a FRANCHISE DEATH situation.
CENSORED... No comment.

Return to Trades and Transactions