DAL/SAC/MIL

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Crimson King
Pro Prospect
And1: 31

DAL/SAC/MIL 

Post#1 » by Crimson King » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:03 am

DALLAS MAVERICKS
Incoming: Kevin Martin, Dan Gadzuric
Outgoing: Josh Howard, Rodrigue Beaubois, Drew Gooden

Dampier/Gadzuric
Nowitzki/Najera
Marion/Thomas
Martin/Carroll
Kidd/Terry/Barea

I think it's obvious the Mavs would offer Howard for Martin. Would they also take a bad contract for an expiring giving a prospect in the process? They would have some use for Gadzuric, who expires 'only' in a season and a half.

SACRAMENTO KINGS
Incoming: Josh Howard, Rodrigue Beaubois, Kurt Thomas
Outgoing: Kevin Martin, Andres Nocioni

The Kings add a lot of cap space for next summer, dump Nocioni, and get a nice prospect like Beaubois. I also think Garcia may be a better fit next to Evans than Martin.

Hawes/Thomas/Armstrong
Thompson/Brockman/Thomas
Howard/Casspi/Greene
Garcia/Beaubois/Udoka
Evans/Udrih/Rodriguez

MILWAUKEE BUCKS
Incoming: Andres Nocioni, Drew Gooden
Outgoing: Dan Gadzuric, Kurt Thomas

I think Skiles would like to have Nocioni again, and the one more year of contract than Gadzuric (6.65 million in 2011) is compensated with another talent upgrade with the Thomas for Gooden swap.

Bogut/Gooden/Elson
Ilyasova/Warrick
Nocioni/Mbah
Delfino/Bell/Stackhouse
Jennings/Ridnour
longfellow44
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Re: DAL/SAC/MIL 

Post#2 » by longfellow44 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:07 am

Kings need more value because Howard holds no other value than as an expiring and he plays the same position of two of our best prospects casspi and Greene. Need to add some picks going the kings way.
Teddy KGB
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#3 » by Teddy KGB » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:13 am

I'd do it
Formerly ss_maverick, JHos Hydro
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,285

Post#4 » by WiscoKing13 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:17 pm

i'd do it, but you'd have to take out Thomas, if the bucks do this we want to make a playoff push. No reason just to hand him to SAC.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
Crimson King
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by Crimson King » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:00 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:i'd do it, but you'd have to take out Thomas, if the bucks do this we want to make a playoff push. No reason just to hand him to SAC.

I thought a Thomas-Gooden swap was an incentive for the Bucks. If you want to keep Thomas, then it has to be Alexander and Elson for Gooden.
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#6 » by 2011Champs » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:27 pm

zar wrote:DALLAS MAVERICKS

Take out Beaubois and insert Barea. Not ready to give the kid away. Howard's expiring contract should be enough incentive from Dallas.
If a team wants savings they can take a deal from Dallas, but Dallas doesn't need to give up their only young prospect in the process.
Dallas is only good trading partners with a team looking to dump salary. Don't expect the Mavs to throw in anything above pure savings.
BucksRUS
Analyst
And1: 12

Post#7 » by BucksRUS » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:52 pm

Bucks would do it, taking on Nocioni's contract would give them pause, but it only is an extra year past Gadzuric. Nocioni can actually play basketball. Gooden is better than Thomas.
Trade S. Jackson soon. NJ seems like a nice place for him.
Rand10
Starter
And1: 39

Post#8 » by Rand10 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:59 pm

zar wrote:DALLAS MAVERICKS

Dampier/Gadzuric
Nowitzki/Najera
Marion/Thomas
Martin/Carroll
Kidd/Terry/Barea

I think it's obvious the Mavs would offer Howard for Martin. Would they also take a bad contract for an expiring giving a prospect in the process? They would have some use for Gadzuric, who expires 'only' in a season and a half.

I'm fine with giving up Beaubois. Gooden being included is what would make me decline. He's played extremely well for us, and if Gadz is all we have at backup center, we're in trouble.
colangelo wrote:Nowitzki walk in with Maytricks and says welcome to horse team and championship time.
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#9 » by JES12 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:43 pm

Fisrt, Milwaukee has no place in this deal. They only make it worse.

Second, I love how there is a rumored trade of what Dallas would be willing to give up and posters on realgm find it their job to make it completely worse for Dallas and then post it. The rumored trade by Stein had us absorbing Nocioni OR Udrih without giving up Roddy. Then posters here make theads where we take BOTH Nocioni AND Udrih or give up Gooden AND Roddy or all three. I just don't think that's going to happen. If Nocioni or Urdrih is coming to Dallas in a Martin/Howard swap, then it would be either cap savings (Gooden) or talent (Roddy but with Carroll instead of Gooden).

The best Martin to Dallas ideas will be those that have the Stein rumor with Howard going to a 3rd team for a useless expiring and a late pick.
Crimson King
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by Crimson King » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:49 pm

It wasn't a rumored trade, it was pure speculation. And I don't remember anyone taking about Udrih included, the Kings are ok keeping him right now.

I included the Bucks because, unlike the Mavs, they could use Nocioni, so a shorter contract goes to Dallas.
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#11 » by JES12 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:24 pm

If we are trading Howard, we can use Nocioni and Nocioni > Gadzuric even concidering the extra salary. And if Sacramento ends up with Roddy and Evans, they will certainly look to deal Udrih.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,285

Post#12 » by WiscoKing13 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:02 pm

zar wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:i'd do it, but you'd have to take out Thomas, if the bucks do this we want to make a playoff push. No reason just to hand him to SAC.

I thought a Thomas-Gooden swap was an incentive for the Bucks. If you want to keep Thomas, then it has to be Alexander and Elson for Gooden.

oh nevermind I skimmed and missed that gooden was involved, bucks stil do it it

If deallas isn't up to the trade, just cut them out.

SImple Gadz for noc swap

Bucks would include alexander as a small incentive
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Post#13 » by Bac2Basics » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:20 pm

1 - The Kings would trade for someone they expect to keep long term if they trade Kevin Martin.

2 - Josh Howard is not someone the Kings would expect to keep long term

So why are there no less than 2 dozen trades that have been posted sending Martin to Dallas for Josh Howard?
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.
~ Herman Melville
Crimson King
Pro Prospect

Post#14 » by Crimson King » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Because when things don't work, the value decreases, and with Dallas being the team most interested in Martin...

I'd like to see a Martin for Al Jefferson or Martin for Bosh swap, but it's more and more unlikely with each game.
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#15 » by 2011Champs » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:35 pm

Bac2Basics wrote:1 - The Kings would trade for someone they expect to keep long term if they trade Kevin Martin.

2 - Josh Howard is not someone the Kings would expect to keep long term

So why are there no less than 2 dozen trades that have been posted sending Martin to Dallas for Josh Howard?

Duh? :roll:
You must not read or have seen the various articles that push this very idea. If the writers didn't write about it, then it wouldn't be dicussed here so often.

This is only a deal if Sacramento wants to clear some long term salary. Otherwise they pass.
It would be a take it or leave it offer from the Mavericks. Martin is not the type player that puts Dallas into the championship anyways.
Crimson King
Pro Prospect

Post#16 » by Crimson King » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:42 pm

^^^ They can't get any of those players anyways.
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Post#17 » by Bac2Basics » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:56 pm

zar wrote:Because when things don't work, the value decreases, and with Dallas being the team most interested in Martin...

I'd like to see a Martin for Al Jefferson or Martin for Bosh swap, but it's more and more unlikely with each game.

There is a huge difference between trading for a cornerstone player like Bosh and trading for Josh Howard, who doesn't fit in terms of roster or value.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.
~ Herman Melville
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,074

Post#18 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:04 pm

Add 2011 salary for Andres Nocioni? No thanks.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”

Return to Trades and Transactions