ImageImageImage

Heat loses Mo? Or Do we play like we dont give a buck?

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda

Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#61 » by Flash3 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:27 am

MiamiHeatFan2004 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Its true though you guys act like 12 year olds with the game threads just cuz we lose this year.

You make baby pictures and act happy about losing, who would wanna post on here, its a joke and embarrassing.
This is YOUR board as much as it is OUR board. If you want to change the direction/tune of game threads, be my guest.

Everyone is allowed to post w/ever they choose, just as long as it isn't obstructive or racist in any manner.

If you have an issue with the way the game threads are being created/maintained, PM one of us and we'll discuss it amongst the other mods. -- But the randomness of pics we conitnually had in this thread was of non-sense, but it's been a theme the past few games to knock on Luke Jackson, and it has humorously/sadly carried onwards.

Last I checked no FA chose to come to Miami, they all dissed us this season. So I doubt people respect our front office how you said they do.

They chose not to come to Miami because we couldn't pay them, not because of any other reason that now seem so fit.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#62 » by dflash3 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:43 am

Its true though you guys act like 12 year olds with the game threads just cuz we lose this year.

You make baby pictures and act happy about losing, who would wanna post on here, its a joke and embarrassing.

PORTLAND did they give up just cuz Oden is out and they had all young players that are unproven? They started as bad as anyone and could have packed it up hoping for yet another top lottery pick, but look at them now.

Last I checked no FA chose to come to Miami, they all dissed us this season. So I doubt people respect our front office how you said they do.

We need a trade, need to win some games after that and show we will be OK next year. If we get in the lottery, which we most liekly will, then you still need luck to get one of the top 3-4 picks(which are the only guarantee for a good player). Then we still need to sign some FAs.

People should laugh losses off every now and then, but come on you guys don't even have an educated discussion on here anymore. See u next game, go back to drawing some pictures with toilets to cope with losing i guess.

Portland came into this season with low expectations unlike the Heat, so had they not had the success they are currently having they wouldn't be as disappointed.

Not to mention Portland while inexperienced has accumulated a lot of young talent through the draft. So for Portland it was just a matter of the players maturing and learning to play together. Also, with the young players Portland has whether they miss out on a lottery pick or not they still have the pieces needed to be successful in the long run.

The Heat don't have the abundance of young talent like Portland, so getting a draft pick will be a step towards improving in the future. With Shaq eating up the cap the Heat don't have a true young core to build around, and it will take the draft to accumulate that youth. Signing an impactful player will have to come once Shaq's contract comes off the books, since the Heat simply don't have the money to sign anything more than a bench player.

If you look at teams like the Blazers, Hawks, and Raptors you'll see they are having successful season now despite the poor starts they had seasons before. However, it took them lottery picks and patience to eventually get back on the right track.

Even for the Heat it was the same way when they first drafted Caron Butler, but later with the signing of Odom and the emerge of Wade it appeared that a young core that could be competitive for seasons to come had been created.

Also, don't get mad at us. We are fans and we aren't the ones losing the game. We are merely representations of the type of season we are currently having. We aren't the one's pushing Free Agents away or showing lackluster effort on the court. We aren't the only group of fans who were hoping for lottery balls either. The Blazers who you mentioned also hoped for high picks year after year, which they hoped would eventually result in the pay off you see this season.

You don't have to post here if you don't want to and if you really find it unbearable just remember nobody is forcing you to visit this forum.
D-Wade
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#63 » by D-Wade » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:45 am

Nice mentality, loser mentality, thats why Riley wants out, nobody can take a bunch of losers.

We could get worst record and still end up getting some piece of junk player you never know and by the way one player isn't gonna fix this team by far hahahah.

Stop acting like losers and pretending that losing is good.

So instead of facing reality (that we suck), let's all be a bunch of retards in denial and act like we're just in a "drought" right now and we're still championship contenders. Why? Because we'll bounce back of course. I mean, we're the Miami Heat right? 2005-2006 NBA Champs? We did it before so we can do it again? L

If you're going to suck, then it's best to get the most ping pongs you can get.
nycballer718
Sixth Man

Post#64 » by nycballer718 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:49 am

has wade's jumper improved this season compared to last ??? i notice now he has streaks where he gets hott and hits the 18 footer 3-4 times in a row ...
D-Wade
Banned User

Post#65 » by D-Wade » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:58 am

Yea and when a team wins the pick for Rose and we get a role player then what?

You guys act stupid on here pretending like losing is all good.

Its not even half way through the season, gimme a break.

No real fan is happy when their team loses sorry. Just an excuse "its ok we will get the best pick"

If you really think that the idea is to lose, then you don't understand context very well. It's obvious that looking forward to the draft makes people feel better about this piece of crap situation. That's all it does. When the Heat win, we're still happy.. we're still excited. You need to learn how to understand situations better.
nycballer718
Sixth Man

Post#66 » by nycballer718 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:06 am

miamiheatfan makes a great point ..it's called the lottery for a reason ...too mnay things would need to happen for everything to go well it's not like nfl draft where worst team record gets 1st pick ..plus they can be busts or we might not get top 5 pick ..too mnay scenerios ..i just look to win to stay competetive to get confidence in the team even when we do get mathematically eliminated i still want to win ...this team getting better by draft is highly unlikely their going to need to get better by trade even though we barely have anyone to trade
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#67 » by GameTime_3 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:18 am

MiamiHeatFan2004 wrote:
-= original quote snipped =-

Sorry if it offends you but I didn't see you post any comments during the game? Is it Wrong to enjoy our selfs during these times? Trust me when i say that everyone here is as big a heat fan or bigger then you. I For one never Saw this coming but hey i have always said "In the NBA to Be great you gotta be Bad". I want this thing turned around and i think that if we get a couple of picks it will.We will be over the cap for the next couple of years,so getting free agents will be hard.So the only way to get Top Talent for Less is through the Draft.
Kablooie
Sophomore

Post#68 » by Kablooie » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:16 am

This is seriously the funniest board on RealGM. I can't wait until Wade finally destroys himself with his reckless driving in the paint and you guys sit there and do nothing but argue about the titles to your threads.

If I were you guys I'd quit arguing with each other and enjoy yourselves as much as you can. Maybe plan out who you'll be drafting. It'll take a lot of planning to figure out what position you guys are weakest in.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#69 » by Flash3 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:19 am

^last I checked none of us are

BFO
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 49

Post#70 » by BFO » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:55 am

You are more than welcome to find another board to post on. We value all (read most) input on this board and the board does a pretty good job of keeping things clean and above board. But seriously, if this has become embarassing for you then accept my apologies and you can leave; that is your choice.
MiamiHeatFan2004 wrote:PORTLAND did they give up just cuz Oden is out and they had all young players that are unproven? They started as bad as anyone and could have packed it up hoping for yet another top lottery pick, but look at them now.

Portland is the absolute worst possible comparison you can make with Miami. A veteran loaded team with big contracts vs a young, inexperienced team with friendly contracts.
MiamiHeatFan2004 wrote:Last I checked no FA chose to come to Miami, they all dissed us this season. So I doubt people respect our front office how you said they do.

Both Mo Williams and Bell openly said they wanted to come to Miami; only money changed their minds. We can't control that.
MiamiHeatFan2004 wrote:We need a trade, need to win some games after that and show we will be OK next year. If we get in the lottery, which we most liekly will, then you still need luck to get one of the top 3-4 picks(which are the only guarantee for a good player). Then we still need to sign some FAs.

What trade would you suggest? I think if there was an obvious trade that would help us then Riley would have made it. He has publicly stated the team isn't ideal and needs improving. So, what trade do you suggest?
MiamiHeatFan2004 wrote:People should laugh losses off every now and then, but come on you guys don't even have an educated discussion on here anymore. See u next game, go back to drawing some pictures with toilets to cope with losing i guess.
Sounds like you need to find another board to meet your intellectual demands. Nothing is keeping you here.
G.cracker
Head Coach
And1: 958

Post#71 » by G.cracker » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:55 pm

LOL, I didn't realize we had a game last night until I saw it in the paper this morning.

Guess the same could be said for the season.
I'm like Global Warming, you can't ignore me.
D-Wade
Banned User

Post#72 » by D-Wade » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:01 pm

Kablooie wrote:This is seriously the funniest board on RealGM. I can't wait until Wade finally destroys himself with his reckless driving in the paint and you guys sit there and do nothing but argue about the titles to your threads.

If I were you guys I'd quit arguing with each other and enjoy yourselves as much as you can. Maybe plan out who you'll be drafting. It'll take a lot of planning to figure out what position you guys are weakest in.

I can't wait to see the popular Ron Artest tag ("suspended") under your name.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by Flash3 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:27 pm

Kablooie wrote:This is seriously the funniest board on RealGM. I can't wait until Wade finally destroys himself with his reckless driving in the paint and you guys sit there and do nothing but argue about the titles to your threads.

This is OUR board, feel free to take part in it, or if you don't like how it is fairing, don't partake in it. But, don't mock this board, the posters or anyone else for that matter.

The door is only a click away.

Thanks.
Harry Heinous
Banned User
And1: 1
Location: MIAMI. Home of the champion HEAT * CANES * DOLPHINS * MARLINS

Post#74 » by Harry Heinous » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:16 pm

MiamiHeatFan2004 wrote:You don't want a team to get used to losing every single night, they will just settle for losing for years to come.

The time to complain about losing is only beginning. Its not even half way through the season yet.

When theres 20 games left and then if you are close to the bottom, you think about the draft, not now with almost 50 games left.

FREE AGENCY!!!! Who will come here ever if we are a bunch of LOSERS with an old fat slob at C taking up 20 million? Nobody.

I want a trade and for us to win as much as we can and show we are still a good team that will be back for a title run within a year or two. If we end up with a good draft pick then even better and sign the best guys we can get next year from FA.

Look man, I'm as optimistic as they come, and THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT this season is a lost cause.

I never expected it, I never wanted it to happen, but a few weeks ago it just became undeniable.

We suck, man. That's just a fact.

Now, as fans, what do you expect us do when our team does everything not to win and everything to lose on a nightly basis?

We're so bad, that truly the best thing for us to do is remain this bad, and try to find some humor (turdchucker), young improvement (Dorell, Cook, Quinn) and positives (LOTTERY) in this season.

And yes bad teams can get screwed in the Lottery, but not this year.

Not a lottery that has at least 4 potential franchise players: Rose, Beasley, Mayo, Gordon, etc.
Kablooie
Sophomore

Post#75 » by Kablooie » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:53 pm

Flash3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

This is OUR board, feel free to take part in it, or if you don't like how it is fairing, don't partake in it. But, don't mock this board, the posters or anyone else for that matter.

The door is only a click away.

Thanks.

I think it's funny in a good way. I like the crazy pictures and comments. I'm not the one snapping on people for thread titles and everything.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#76 » by GameTime_3 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:50 am

Alrite guys enough. We understand what everyone is saying.Game trends will be taken more serious.I for one think its time to have a beer and just relax.Long season is ahead.And i know the photo were the problem but i think its only Right we end this topic on one.have a good one and be safe.

Return to Miami Heat