ImageImageImage

Josh Richardson, Heat Agree Upon Four-Year, $42M Extension

Moderators: DayofMourning, QUIZ, IggieCC, heat4life, BFRESH44

User avatar
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
Posts: 43,150
And1: 8,664
Joined: Oct 12, 2003
Location: In the Paint

Josh Richardson, Heat Agree Upon Four-Year, $42M Extension 

Post#1 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:16 am

Read em and weep. That is big guaranteed 4 years at $10 mil per for Josh. I am happy for him and hope he continues to develop, but has he earned that contract yet? Perhaps, he has shown more potential? Riley sure has been throwing around boatloads of money this summer.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/247408/Josh-Richardson-Heat-Finalizing-Four-Year-$42M-Extension
Image

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
User avatar
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 16,995
And1: 60,541
Joined: Apr 14, 2014
Location: MSG
 

Re: Josh Richardson, Heat Agree Upon Four-Year, $42M Extension 

Post#2 » by IggieCC » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:40 am


he's shown enough to warrant this deal. hope he stays healthy and consistent on both ends.
Run Papi, Run!
User avatar
HeatWillRise
RealGM
Posts: 24,250
And1: 76,081
Joined: Aug 07, 2014
Location: ПСР
 

Re: Josh Richardson, Heat Agree Upon Four-Year, $42M Extension 

Post#3 » by HeatWillRise » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:53 am

inb4 he buys a bentley
User avatar
dolphinatik
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,412
And1: 1,330
Joined: Oct 20, 2008
     

Re: Josh Richardson, Heat Agree Upon Four-Year, $42M Extension 

Post#4 » by dolphinatik » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:32 am

he was on track for this kinda payday and is has it in him to b worth this but he fell off track hard last year. This is more of a good faith reach by the Heat than a well deserved job well done payment. Richardson needs to out back in some serious work to fix his shot and explosiveness. If he gets his shot explosiveness and aggression back this is a steal. We have a Spurs like hardworking blue collar team going here. As long as they all work hard their combined good enough is great.
Hassan on the bad goaltending call: "That block was cleaner than my grandmother's floors."
HEATlanta
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,175
And1: 1,726
Joined: Aug 09, 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA...Tennessee will always be in my heart!
     

Re: Josh Richardson, Heat Agree Upon Four-Year, $42M Extension 

Post#5 » by HEATlanta » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:55 pm

OP is a J-Rich hater IMO


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#HEATLifer

You're welcome LeBron
User avatar
Zasterror
RealGM
Posts: 11,538
And1: 3,684
Joined: Aug 09, 2010
Location: Born N Raised In Da County of Dade
   

Re: Josh Richardson, Heat Agree Upon Four-Year, $42M Extension 

Post#6 » by Zasterror » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:33 pm

That knee injury last off-season really held him back, he clearly lost some athleticism and explosion throughout the season. If that knee is 100%, great value deal.
bisco614
Pro Prospect
Posts: 873
And1: 33
Joined: Nov 01, 2003
Location: H-Town

Re: Josh Richardson, Heat Agree Upon Four-Year, $42M Extension 

Post#7 » by bisco614 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:49 pm

It's the right move. You look at our draft pick situation and lack of cap room for the next 3 years, and you realize that we have no choice but to go all in on our current nucleus. You hope 1-2 of the young guys become superstars, and that no more than 1 of these contracts becomes a mcroberts situation.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
User avatar
leoshes
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,947
And1: 2,286
Joined: Jun 19, 2015
   

Re: Josh Richardson, Heat Agree Upon Four-Year, $42M Extension 

Post#8 » by leoshes » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:11 am

Q: The Heat are going all-in on homegrown talent. Nice. I like it. -- Brandon.

A: In today's NBA economy, Josh Richardson's four-year, $42 million extension that will kick in starting in 2018-19 practically is a bargain, that salary putting him seventh on the Heat 2018-19 payroll, as it now stands. In other words, it's not as if the Heat have created pressure to play him in a featured role to justify the extension. In fact, even with limited cap space around the league in 2018, I'm not sure that Richardson didn't sell himself short. He is a two-way talent with considerable upside. The move was particularly prudent from the Heat's perspective because of their lack of upcoming draft picks, with a pair of first-rounders still due to the Suns from the Goran Dragic trade, and every second-round pick dealt until 2022. Pat Riley stressed at his July media session that the focus has to be on growth from within, citing Hassan Whiteside, Justise Winslow, Tyler Johnson and Richardson, which is why you can be assured that the Heat's next move will be picking up Winslow's 2018-19 option before that deadline at the start of the season. I like the move with Richardson from a Heat perspective. And, again, as with many of their offseason moves, it creates another chip that always could be put into play going forward, need be.
User avatar
Shewasfly
Veteran
Posts: 2,557
And1: 2,438
Joined: Aug 05, 2014
   

Re: Josh Richardson, Heat Agree Upon Four-Year, $42M Extension 

Post#9 » by Shewasfly » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:06 pm

I love this. This is a great deal. In a way I think we benefited from his injury slowing him down a bit.
Image
Lemons to lemonade.
User avatar
Mos_Heat
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,024
And1: 15,748
Joined: Jan 12, 2016
 

Re: Josh Richardson, Heat Agree Upon Four-Year, $42M Extension 

Post#10 » by Mos_Heat » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:06 pm

leoshes wrote:Q: The Heat are going all-in on homegrown talent. Nice. I like it. -- Brandon.

A: In today's NBA economy, Josh Richardson's four-year, $42 million extension that will kick in starting in 2018-19 practically is a bargain, that salary putting him seventh on the Heat 2018-19 payroll, as it now stands. In other words, it's not as if the Heat have created pressure to play him in a featured role to justify the extension. In fact, even with limited cap space around the league in 2018, I'm not sure that Richardson didn't sell himself short. He is a two-way talent with considerable upside. The move was particularly prudent from the Heat's perspective because of their lack of upcoming draft picks, with a pair of first-rounders still due to the Suns from the Goran Dragic trade, and every second-round pick dealt until 2022. Pat Riley stressed at his July media session that the focus has to be on growth from within, citing Hassan Whiteside, Justise Winslow, Tyler Johnson and Richardson, which is why you can be assured that the Heat's next move will be picking up Winslow's 2018-19 option before that deadline at the start of the season. I like the move with Richardson from a Heat perspective. And, again, as with many of their offseason moves, it creates another chip that always could be put into play going forward, need be.

nope
User avatar
leoshes
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,947
And1: 2,286
Joined: Jun 19, 2015
   

Re: Josh Richardson, Heat Agree Upon Four-Year, $42M Extension 

Post#11 » by leoshes » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:32 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:
leoshes wrote:Q: The Heat are going all-in on homegrown talent. Nice. I like it. -- Brandon.

A: In today's NBA economy, Josh Richardson's four-year, $42 million extension that will kick in starting in 2018-19 practically is a bargain, that salary putting him seventh on the Heat 2018-19 payroll, as it now stands. In other words, it's not as if the Heat have created pressure to play him in a featured role to justify the extension. In fact, even with limited cap space around the league in 2018, I'm not sure that Richardson didn't sell himself short. He is a two-way talent with considerable upside. The move was particularly prudent from the Heat's perspective because of their lack of upcoming draft picks, with a pair of first-rounders still due to the Suns from the Goran Dragic trade, and every second-round pick dealt until 2022. Pat Riley stressed at his July media session that the focus has to be on growth from within, citing Hassan Whiteside, Justise Winslow, Tyler Johnson and Richardson, which is why you can be assured that the Heat's next move will be picking up Winslow's 2018-19 option before that deadline at the start of the season. I like the move with Richardson from a Heat perspective. And, again, as with many of their offseason moves, it creates another chip that always could be put into play going forward, need be.

nope



I remember when Zo, & Eddie Jones were making $10 mill a year & i thought it was way too much, but now a days, thats just mid lev money.
User avatar
DayofMourning
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 12,090
And1: 20,255
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
Location: On rotations! Finally!
       

Re: Josh Richardson, Heat Agree Upon Four-Year, $42M Extension 

Post#12 » by DayofMourning » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:11 am

Ten million p we year is like 5 million on the old cap. Not a big deal anymore. We've got a squad. So excited about this years team.
Image

#1 Derrick Walton fan.
User avatar
GopherIt!
Head Coach
Posts: 6,323
And1: 5,108
Joined: Oct 20, 2007
Location: Location: Location

Re: Josh Richardson, Heat Agree Upon Four-Year, $42M Extension 

Post#13 » by GopherIt! » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:47 am

goos signing imo
Chalmfucius wrote:What is chalm down can never chalm die
User avatar
Prez
RealGM
Posts: 13,108
And1: 15,386
Joined: Jan 26, 2015
 

Re: Josh Richardson, Heat Agree Upon Four-Year, $42M Extension 

Post#14 » by Prez » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

aight guys give it to me straight, what're your expectations this year for this dude. drafted him #213 on our boards league redraft and thought it was a huge steal but idk for sure
User avatar
Bishop45
RealGM
Posts: 15,220
And1: 37,226
Joined: Apr 22, 2015

Re: Josh Richardson, Heat Agree Upon Four-Year, $42M Extension 

Post#15 » by Bishop45 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:24 am

Prez wrote:aight guys give it to me straight, what're your expectations this year for this dude. drafted him #213 on our boards league redraft and thought it was a huge steal but idk for sure


Good mechanics for a shooter, had a rough first half to his first season and still pulled off 46% from 3. Decent defender, not very disciplined but length and athleticism help him with his faults. Can't really dribble and not a great distributor but average at the very least.

I think his career arc depends on how well he can refine his handle and how real his jumper is, can't tell much about young players that have barely played 100 games :)

Return to Miami Heat