ImageImageImage

Miami Heat 2018-2019 Regular Season Thread Vol.2

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,707

Re: Miami Heat 2018-2019 Regular Season Thread Vol.2 

Post#501 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:07 pm

twix2500 wrote:It appears from Spo language on Waiters, he may be preparing Waiters to get use to coming off the bench. Dragic returns to the starting lineup.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Could very well be. Maybe the long term vision is him taking on a 6th man role? He's our best player though so I think he needs to be starting. Winslow, J Rich, and Hassan desperately need his creativity in the lineup with them.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#502 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:12 pm

Read on Twitter

TJ is doing his thing. Could see Spo going to him in the starting lineup but it still should be Waiters. TJ and Wade have a good chemistry going. Also with JJ struggling maybe having him come off the bench with TJ and Wade gives him a boost
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,666

Post#503 » by Kobewade11 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:27 pm

In all honesty Spo has already lost 25% of the team (Hassan, Kelly, Dion, Wayne). Wade and UD only respect him out of obligation, everyone else is either too young (Bam, Winslow, RIch, DJJ) or too privileged (McGruder, both Johnsons) to make a fuss.
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#504 » by Kobewade11 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:32 pm

Read on Twitter

This is just awful
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,208

Post#505 » by oreon » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:43 pm

kobewade11 wrote:In all honesty Spo has already lost 25% of the team (Hassan, Kelly, Dion, Wayne). Wade and UD only respect him out of obligation, everyone else is either too young (Bam, Winslow, RIch, DJJ) or too privileged (McGruder, both Johnsons) to make a fuss.

Its easy to point the fault at Spo, but he's not the main culprit. Noone can say this team has underachieved, they are where they are supposed to be. The biggest issue is the roster of which Riley & Arison should be held accountable. This is a team that should have been blown up a long time ago and just focused on giving minutes to the kids.
The FO need to stop being so attached to this mediocre team. Move the vets and longterm contracts for shorter ones and expiring contracts. Play the kids so we can put ourselves in position for FA in 2020 or 2021. Its naive to keep this together in hopes we can go on another magical run. Team peaked 2 season ago and now its stagnating
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#506 » by Kobewade11 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:29 pm

oreon wrote:
kobewade11 wrote:In all honesty Spo has already lost 25% of the team (Hassan, Kelly, Dion, Wayne). Wade and UD only respect him out of obligation, everyone else is either too young (Bam, Winslow, RIch, DJJ) or too privileged (McGruder, both Johnsons) to make a fuss.

Its easy to point the fault at Spo, but he's not the main culprit. Noone can say this team has underachieved, they are where they are supposed to be. The biggest issue is the roster of which Riley & Arison should be held accountable. This is a team that should have been blown up a long time ago and just focused on giving minutes to the kids.
The FO need to stop being so attached to this mediocre team. Move the vets and longterm contracts for shorter ones and expiring contracts. Play the kids so we can put ourselves in position for FA in 2020 or 2021. Its naive to keep this together in hopes we can go on another magical run. Team peaked 2 season ago and now its stagnating

Under .500 is not where this team is supposed to be.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,248

Post#507 » by twix2500 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:14 pm

kobewade11 wrote:
oreon wrote:

Honestly .500 is probably where this team should be missing two of its best players (Dragic and Waiters) 90% of the season. The only reason we are here is because Rich and Winslow have played above expectations moments during the past two months. We only in this position because of depth and we are in the east.

oreon
Analyst

Post#508 » by oreon » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:37 pm

twix2500 wrote:
kobewade11 wrote:
oreon wrote:

Honestly .500 is probably where this team should be missing two of its best players (Dragic and Waiters) 90% of the season. The only reason we are here is because Rich and Winslow have played above expectations moments during the past two months. We only in this position because of depth and we are in the east.

Agreed. Dragic was our best player for the last couple of seasons. Had he been healthy we might have won some of those close games we lost. And you just have to look at the standings. All the teams above us are clearly better than us. Even the Nets are better than us. D'angelo Russell would be the best player on the Heat, you can argue Spencer Dinwiddie would be the second best player on this team. The coach is always an easy target, but first you gotta look at the talent level on the roster before anything else.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,176

Post#509 » by dolphinatik » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:33 pm

I was down on winny but this year he has had some solid showings. Dion , Kelly jrich, jj dragon, djj have all been solid at times. What scratches my head is how progress can fall off a cliff so consistently with this team. It's everyone. U can't tell what you are getting from anyone lately. Whatever the mystery is we will never know but it doesn't seem like it's the players. That or it is the players and they are confused.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
Sgt P
Sixth Man
And1: 2,551

Post#510 » by Sgt P » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:11 pm

Just smh... I do not remember the Sherman Douglas era being so fustrating... I recall Shaq cleaning our clocks most of the time but being able to enjoy and follow the game. Seems like we can not hold any one person responsible... sometimes the players no.. maybe Spo nah the FO... injuries.. blah blah...
" Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude." said C.P.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#511 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:41 pm

Sgt P wrote:Just smh... I do not remember the Sherman Douglas era being so fustrating... I recall Shaq cleaning our clocks most of the time but being able to enjoy and follow the game. Seems like we can not hold any one person responsible... sometimes the players no.. maybe Spo nah the FO... injuries.. blah blah...

This is probably one of the more infuritating situations of the Pat Riley era and this goes even further for me as i grew up with him as a young Knicks fan. Even during our worst of times it always felt like we had continuity, direction, and heat work ethic to lean on. I have never seen a Pat Riley roster so poorly constructed as this.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,248

Post#512 » by twix2500 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:45 pm

Sgt P wrote:Just smh... I do not remember the Sherman Douglas era being so fustrating... I recall Shaq cleaning our clocks most of the time but being able to enjoy and follow the game. Seems like we can not hold any one person responsible... sometimes the players no.. maybe Spo nah the FO... injuries.. blah blah...
It was very frustrating a little after Sherm. If you don't recall how we all complained over the radio about Kevin Loughery kept playing Bimbo Coles or Brian Shaw over Harold Minor. And not pulling the trigger to get Coleman or Olajuwon. Sherman Douglas days was the very beginning, Miami fans back then was just happy to win a game.

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#513 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:49 pm

twix2500 wrote:
It was very frustrating a little after Sherm. If you don't recall how we all complained over the radio about Kevin Loughery kept playing Bimbo Coles or Brian Shaw over Harold Minor. And not pulling the trigger to get Coleman or Olajuwon. Sherman Douglas days was the very beginning, Miami fans back then was just happy to win a game.

Feel like our modern day Bimbo Coles is Rodney McGruder
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,798

Post#514 » by Hallstar » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:26 pm

kobewade11 wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is just awful

We have a bunch of average pieces and everybody's paid. Of course everybody wants to play, we gonna have an 11 man rotation though?
Sgt P
Sixth Man
And1: 2,551

Post#515 » by Sgt P » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:37 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

Feel like our modern day Bimbo Coles is Rodney McGruder

Maybe you guys are right. However with the same grouof players no one has a role game in game out? It's just reactionary like Heat are helpless victims that always adjust to what happens to them...
That, to me is so unprofessional...

I hate to admit this but until that changes from Pat on down, we will be stuck.
" Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude." said C.P.
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#516 » by Kobewade11 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:59 pm

Spo has a lot of influence on the roster too, it isnt Pat alone sitting at the top making all these decisions.
BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,820

Post#517 » by BFRESH44 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:11 am

kobewade11 wrote:Spo has a lot of influence on the roster too, it isnt Pat alone sitting at the top making all these decisions.

This is facts. It’s a collaborative effort. Riley gets final say, but they coordinate all these things in unison.

So everyone has to eat it.
oreon
Analyst

Post#518 » by oreon » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:24 am

kobewade11 wrote:Spo has a lot of influence on the roster too, it isnt Pat alone sitting at the top making all these decisions.

I don't think so. If he did Whiteside wouldnt be here right now. I don't think he finds it fun to constanty have to retweak lineups multiple times a season for the last 3 seasons.
For me its on Riley, Arison and Elisburg. Ironically had we paid Wade a couple years ago instead of Whiteside and TJ, we wouldn't be in this mess of a roster. Its a bit of Karma from the basketball gods.
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#519 » by Kobewade11 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:50 am

oreon wrote:

I don't think so. If he did Whiteside wouldnt be here right now. I don't think he finds it fun to constanty have to retweak lineups multiple times a season for the last 3 seasons.

I said he has a lot of influence, I didnt say he was the sole decision maker.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,935

Post#520 » by Wiltside » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:57 am

Wonder if there's any ability or desire for us to get involved in a Marc Gasol trade.

Something like Hassan Whiteside, Tyler Johnson and a pick for Marc Gasol and Chandler Parsons?

Grizz would still suck, which seems to be what they want - but shed the Parsons deal and atleast get a productive but overpaid TJ in the deal. Gasol's value is hard to figure out right now - he's nearly 34 years old and has an opt-out this offseason, or a PO. If you can convince him to opt in, he doesn't hurt our space for next year.

Gasol would allow you to start Bam at the 4 too, in theory.

PG: Winslow / Wade
SG: Dragic / Waiters
SF: Richardson / Jones Jr
PF: Adebayo / JJ
C: Gasol / Olynyk

Would be a pretty solid rotation. Still probably too many players, would like to get it to 9 - which puts JJ vulnerable in his current form.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com

Return to Miami Heat