ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond...

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,672

Re: Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond... 

Post#961 » by Kobewade11 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:26 am

Bishop45 wrote:
RiverboatRiles wrote:
J-House wrote:According to his ig, J-Rich is in Miami rn

A lot of guys maintain an offseason residence in Miami. Nothing really to him being in the city.

Changed KobeWade11 for RiverboatRiles? Get ya' monies back mane

Waiters is dead to me
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,498

Post#962 » by Bishop45 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:47 am

RiverboatRiles wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
RiverboatRiles wrote:A lot of guys maintain an offseason residence in Miami. Nothing really to him being in the city.

Changed KobeWade11 for RiverboatRiles? Get ya' monies back mane

Waiters is dead to me

Gotta do better than RBR tho, KobeWade11 was one of the coldest SN's in the game
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#963 » by Bishop45 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:48 am

When Spo re-activates mid-range Harden from the grave via meditation>>>

Rest in Power Chadwick

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,938

Post#964 » by Wiltside » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:35 am

People forget what Harden used to play like. It wasn’t always threes and free throws. I used to love his game when he first got traded to Houston.

I’d take signing Giannis in 2021 over trading for Harden in 2020, but if Giannis signs that supermax...
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,989

Post#965 » by DayofMourning » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:44 am

We are going to be looking real nice for Giannis come 2021. Just thinking about that defense has me giddy.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#966 » by IggieCC » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:46 am

Spoiler:

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#967 » by Flash4thewin » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:09 am

AirP. wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:I agree for the most part but not necessarily every winner. If that was the case Miami should have won vs Mav in 2011. Miami should have won against Spurs in 2014 (who knows what happens if Ray Allen missis that 3 in gm6 the yr prior). Cavs shld have beaten GSW in 2015. La should've won vs Celts in 2008. Several other examples.

Yes, the lesser teams can win from time to time if they get breaks but the majority of the time it doesn't happen.

3ballbomber wrote:We were also 2 gm's away frm winning vs Lakers. Depleted & banged up, we took LA to 6gm's. Who knows what results cld have been if Goran & Bam were 100%. Sometimes it's the best teams that wins. We currently have that winning, team oriented formula that can potentially beat the best 1-2 punch. Imagine we had Ibaka & Gallo for the finals, even w/out Goran & a less than 100% Bam i think we cld have won against LA who have the best 2 players in the series in Lebron & AD.

You can buck trends, but it takes something extraordinary....i believe we possess that special quality. Evident in the way we were able to beat the 1st (w/ the league MVP) & 3rd seed to advance to the finals & then compete vs West top team as a depleted unit.

Butler can be one of the best players on the court, it's why I've hated the idea of punting 2 seasons(not being as good as Miami could be) to get to the summer of 2021. Not agreeing with Gallo to a 3 year contract to trade for him may have actually cost Miami a title this year to maintain that cap space. Also if you go back to the game 2 thread in the finals I was disappointed in Butler's performance because I knew he had way more in him and then 2 of the next 4 games he showed that. Anyone that can drop 40 points in one half of an NBA game(which Butler has done) can become one of the best players on the court of a finals as long as he's in his prime. I just wish Butler would keep that scorer's mentality but he normally doesn't.

This finals was one of those finals unique situations, LA had the 2 best players, Miami had probably the next 3-5 best players which really evened the odds. LA should be better next year by having more options to put better teammates around LeBron and A, also LeBron probably has another 2-4 great years left with the amount of money he puts into resting his body after games.
Read on Twitter

3ballbomber wrote:I also wouldn't count out Bam being 1 of the best 2 players if we reach the finals. Who knows what level he takes his game in the next few seasons. Remember he was our 2nd leading scorer going into the finals. Pair him with a solid big & consider improvements in his jumpshot & it could help to elevate his game further...

I think Bam can be really good, especially on the defensive end, but he's always going to have a ceiling on the offensive end, he's just not dynamic enough as a scorer at that level. He may add a decent outside shot but I'm pretty sure he'll never be someone you can go to late in the game and expect to win that way because you'll need to improvise some of your offense, possibly Herro gives Miami that in the long term. For Bam to be one of the 2 best players on the court he'd have to face a team with a problem at the center position like Boston had.

In retrospect yes we did blow it. This year if we had Gallo we win the ring even with Dragic and Bam hurt. To see if the lack of moves were worth it, time will tell. Personally I dont get the fascination with capspace unless we are 100% sure we are getting someone. Wade is the MVP of recruiting. Butler is not people friendly like Wade. Hell having Butler wait for Giannis to get hurt to then taunt "guard me" is not what I would consider recruiting but who knows. Time will tell what happens. Look at the Lakers and the story of PG-13 before his mental break down, they were confident he would sign with the Lakers so they didnt trade for him, he was insulted and it played a role with him resigning with the team that traded for him. Lakers then trade for AD and win a ring. AD is going to opt out and resign, hes not even going to listen to other teams. Just things to consider.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#968 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:08 am

Pascal Siakam averaged 22 PPG last season and people think that Bam can't be one of the best 2 players on the court in a Finals match? When it comes to believing in our players we're probably dead last on RealGM.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,030

Post#969 » by 3ballbomber » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:30 am

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:Pascal Siakam averaged 22 PPG last season and people think that Bam can't be one of the best 2 players on the court in a Finals match? When it comes to believing in our players we're probably dead last on RealGM.

Bosh believes :nod:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#970 » by Bishop45 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:16 pm

I like Pascal, but the verdict on him still out there with his playoff performance this yr

Rest in Power Chadwick

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,848

Post#971 » by AirP. » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:02 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:Pascal Siakam averaged 22 PPG last season and people think that Bam can't be one of the best 2 players on the court in a Finals match? When it comes to believing in our players we're probably dead last on RealGM.

I'm basing it on the player, not what uniform he wears. You really think Bam will be one of the 2 best players on the court of 2 finals teams? Really? Although he may get a jumper, maybe even a 3, he just doesn't have the scorers mentality. I don't ever see Bam being better than players who can get to the finals(more then likely in or near their primes) like LeBron, AD, Kawhi, KD, Curry, Giannis, Harden, Zion, Mitchell, Lillard, and Doncic just to name a few.

If you think I'm downplaying a player for wearing a Heat jersey why would I be saying in December that Miami needed to consider D.Robinson a core player for this team and in fact, get more plays put in for him. If you look back at my history I seem to be fairly consistent with my opinions which a lot of the time clash with the current fanbase. I'm not exactly tied to a certain team anymore so it's easy for me not to have those types of biases.
He's a player I think Miami needs to start looking at as a long term core player for the team and with that, alter the offense some to make better use of his talents. There are long stretches where Robinson doesn't shoot the ball and that shouldn't be happening to a shooter like him.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1899600&p=80294835&hilit=Robinson+Core#p80294835

Also back in December I was mentioning this team as being close to being a real contender this year and not wanting to throw that chance away because of magical 2021 cap space. This team was probably one more consistent scorer away from a championship(even with the injuries they had).

I think 1 more solid vet scorer(basically an upgrade at the opposite big of Bam) without disrupting much of the roster puts Miami in the position to be a legit contender. I think J.Butler can create enough winning plays near the end of games on both sides of the ball to win more close games than he loses, so to me it's all about keeping the score close for the first 3 1/2 quarters of a game which to me means good defense plus consistent scoring. Miami has the potential to be great on offense and defense and from time to time they look incredible, but it's not consistent and with that we see large swings in the scores in halves or whole games. I'm just about moving as little potential as Miami has to, to add a more consistent scorer to the team which will help Miami and Butler get to those final minutes and have a real chance at winning without having to spend so much energy just to catch up.

The biggest hurdle to doing this is maintaining magical cap space to add a top tier player when it should be possible to create the cap room that summer by offloading some of the talent or doing a sign and trade, much like Miami did with Butler this last year.
I'd personally just keep building towards being a better team, if you can maintain space for a max 2021 player sure, but I wouldn't just say no to becoming better the next 2 years because of it. Miami's not that far away from having a real chance, they just need more consistency that the young guys more than likely won't bring for a couple of years if they ever get consistent(some don't).

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1899600&p=80411775&hilit=Robinson+Core+AirP.+Contender#p80411775
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,257

Post#972 » by twix2500 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:57 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Pat says in general he is not too worried about having too many young players. However, he is concern that this year draft pick will not be ready to contribute this year because of no summer league and the long layoff that the college players had to endure. That there is talks that they may hold g-league play for rookies during nba midseason

Pat says he will remain fluid
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,257

Post#973 » by twix2500 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:42 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#974 » by Kobewade11 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:14 pm

I'm not enthusiastic about a December start. Two short months isn't really enough time for guys to add much to their games or bodies, or evaluate young talent, especially coming off the end of this past "season". It benefits the teams that have been sitting at home all year but I'd see us burning out, even with a shortened schedule.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,177

Post#975 » by dolphinatik » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:45 pm

Did yawll catch he Jared Dudley podcast interview after the finals? Its a must watch classic stuff. He signed with the Lakers for the min. Dude wants to eventually be a coach or Gm. Heat should try to scoop him up to replace Haslems bench role and groom him as an assistant coach. Dudley is an impressive guy that I think one day will have success in the front office certainly as a media commentator if he so chooses.

1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
AirP.
RealGM

Post#976 » by AirP. » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:48 pm

I have a question...
With Miami having no problem playing zone, would going after Gobert make sense for Miami? With Miami playing zone as much ast they do it would allow Gobert to not be played off the floor. I wouldn't give up Butler, Bam, Herro, or Robinson but really anything else would be available to add him. I believe the Jazz need to change their timeline and just completely build around Mitchell.

The reason I do think Bam, Gobert, and Butler can play together on the court is that I expect Bam and possibly Butler to have an acceptable catch and shoot 3 ball next season. Gobert would end up having to play Bam's spot on offense with Bam moving out to the corner 3 and sometimes cheating into the dunker's spot.

I would hate to see Boston move Hayward(in a package) back to Utah for Gobert which would give them another weapon to use when needed.
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#977 » by Kobewade11 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:52 pm

AirP. wrote:I have a question...
With Miami having no problem playing zone, would going after Gobert make sense for Miami, playing zone allows Gobert to not be played off the floor. I wouldn't give up Butler, Bam, Herro, or Robinson but really anything else would be available to add him. I believe the Jazz need to change their timeline and just completely build around Mitchell.

The reason I do think Bam, Gobert, and Butler can play together on the court is that I expect Bam and possibly Butler to have an acceptable catch and shoot 3 ball next season. Gobert would end up having to play Bam's spot on offense with Bam moving out to the corner 3 and sometimes cheating into the dunker's spot.

I would hate to see Boston move Hayward(in a package) back to Utah for Gobert which would give them another weapon to use when needed.

If the season starts in 2 months as speculated there's no reason to believe Jimmy or Bam is coming with a reliable catch and shoot 3 ball. I also can't think of any reason to give up major assets (which is what it would take to pull off a deal) for a guy that might command near a max deal next summer. If it was the "next thing" that Riley talked about then sure, but Gobert isnt that guy.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#978 » by AirP. » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:09 pm

RiverboatRiles wrote:
AirP. wrote:I have a question...
With Miami having no problem playing zone, would going after Gobert make sense for Miami, playing zone allows Gobert to not be played off the floor. I wouldn't give up Butler, Bam, Herro, or Robinson but really anything else would be available to add him. I believe the Jazz need to change their timeline and just completely build around Mitchell.

If the season starts in 2 months as speculated there's no reason to believe Jimmy or Bam is coming with a reliable catch and shoot 3 ball. I also can't think of any reason to give up major assets (which is what it would take to pull off a deal) for a guy that might command near a max deal next summer. If it was the "next thing" that Riley talked about then sure, but Gobert isnt that guy.

Butler worked on his 3 ball early in his career and was actually good his 2nd and the start of his 3rd season(he played most of that season with turf toe so his outside shots were off). Since that year 3s haven't been a high priroity for Butler, he's been more of a distributor / mid range scorer. I also believe Bam has been working on his 3 ball he just hasn't felt solid enough to add that to his game(hence Butler giving him 500 a game for shooting a 3). A month or two of 1000+ shots a day can really rectify that if you're not starting from the beginning.

I don't think Butler would be "betting" with Bam on taking 3s unless he felt Bam could make them.
Read on Twitter

I would hope during Butler & Bam's exit interviews that they were told to be ready to catch and shoot 3s to help make the offense more versatile.

Here's a story on Butler and 3s, Butler's shot them before, he just needs to be told to shoot them again.

https://www.hothothoops.com/2020/9/15/21437648/jimmy-butler-loves-three-pointers-miami-heat-marquette-jae-crowder-bam-adebayo-nba-playoffs
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#979 » by Kobewade11 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:16 pm

^ player bets are cool..but I've got 3 years worth of data that says if he's open from 3 he's not pulling the trigger. I don't doubt Bam could one day potentially be a guy that knocks down the occasional three ball, he's definitely capable, having the confidence to do it is another thing. Until it's proven I'm not banking on it, and I'm certainly not trading for a floor shrinking big either.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#980 » by AirP. » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:36 pm

RiverboatRiles wrote:^ player bets are cool..but I've got 3 years worth of data that says if he's open from 3 he's not pulling the trigger. I don't doubt Bam could one day potentially be a guy that knocks down the occasional three ball, he's definitely capable, having the confidence to do it is another thing. Until it's proven I'm not banking on it, and I'm certainly not trading for a floor shrinking big either.

On Bam, it's a work in progress but seeing him in workouts and pickup play, he's got the ability to shoot 3s.

Butler can easily get back to shooting 3s at a near league average. I saw what happened when he was working on his 3s, he hit them at a 38-39%, when he doesn't work on them that much(because he's mentioned it throughout the years) he shoots them much worse, then take in consideration that most of his catch and shoot 3s are very are vary rarely done in the flow, he usually catches and looks to see if he can make a play quickly then takes a 3 which is usually out of rhythm. He can fix that in a month if it were his top priority, I'm not saying he'd be a great 3pt shooter, but he could be a mid to high 30s% catch and shoot guy.

If Spo told Butler he needed to be better at catch and shoot 3s to help open up the offense more, Butler could do it.

By the way, the last 3 years Butler's 3% has been.
2017-2018 .350
2018-2019 .347
2019-2020 .244

He can easily get back to .350(league average was .359 this season), but upper 30s is very much within his reach.

Return to Miami Heat