ImageImageImage

Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC

Moderators: heat4life, IggieCC, Wiltside, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda

User avatar
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 29,182
And1: 108,098
Joined: Nov 16, 2014
     

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1641 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:07 pm

Here goes my post free agency breakdown and starting lineup

C Meyers Leonard 7'0 C Kelly Olynk 7'0 C Chris Silva 6'8 C UD 6'8

- We return the same center rotation from last year but it's not as bad as it seems. Sure we could of used an upgrade but with the big free agency looming next year there was really no one worth going an extra year for. Chemistry remains intact and Leonard was most likely given a soft promise for more playing time or at least a chance to regain his starting spot. Before his nasty ankle injury last year he boasted great chemistry with the starting lineup especially allowing Bam to roam as a PF. If he can continue to knock down open three's at a good clip and use his height to keep us honest on the boards there is no reason he should not find the same regular season success post injury he had last year. Olynyk gives us a solid backup big man who finds his way to come up big in spots. You could do a lot worse then having another seven foot shooting big man like Olynyk coming off the bench. Silva is there for organizational depth and UD is there for inspiration. The only way we upgrade at this spot might come from a mid season trade for LaMarcus Aldridge.


PF/C Bam Adebayo 6'9 PF/SF Mo Harkless 6'7 PF Precious Achiuwa 6'9

- Budding superstar forward in Bam who will play both the 4 and 5 based on matchups. Harkless will most likely start off as the small ball 4 which he should be able to handle with his 7'2 wingspan. Achiuwa is the true X Factor here. If he is able to develop quickly he can form a truly dynamic front court with Bam. That's TBD but should be one of the fun sub plots to watch during the season.


SF/SG Duncan Robinson 6'8 SF Andre Iguodala 6'6 SF/PF KZ Okpala 6'9

- Best shooter in the league comes back as the 2/3 based on lineup dynamic. Veteran Iguodala comes back to play a limited role helping usher in the KZ Okapala era. This spot is looking good for years to come if KZ comes as advertised. Harkless and KZ combo at the 3/4 with Bam at the 5 could be swtichy and dynamic especially on the defensive end.

SG Tyler Herro 6'5 SG Avery Bradley 6'3

- Herro is destined to be a stud. Ballsy shot maker who will only continue to get better. Gets his chance to start this year and is in a great position to become one of the better two guards in the league. The signing of Avery Bradley brings some much needed defensive toughness off the bench to compliment Herro and Dragic in certain lineups.

PG/SF Jimmy Butler 6'7 PG Goran Dragic 6'3 PG/SG Kendrick Nunn 6'2

Butler will be the primary point forward in the starting lineup who will cede ball handling duties on occasion with Herro. Dragic comes off the bench again to preserve his health and to add fire power to the second unit. Nunn will find his playing time this year on the days Dragic needs to be rested throughout the year. Good chance Nunn is involved in some sort of deal this year but in the mean time this will be his role and not bad to have a player like Nunn sitting on the bench as a 3rd or 4th option considering Dragic's age and recent injury history.

2 way player
PG/SG Gabe Vincent- Shooting microwave player who will only be needed in case of injury to anyone in backcourt


4-5 seed in the East with a chance to make noise again in the playoffs. If midseason trade is made for LaMarcus Aldrige and he's in good health we could make another run to the finals if Okpala or Achuiwa happen to breakout. Get ready for another fun season.
User avatar
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,579
And1: 7,987
Joined: Oct 09, 2007
Location: On the way
 

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1642 » by radikalBaller » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:16 pm

I think Acuiwa is as strong if not stronger than crowder, with his lenght and athletism he will also be a better defender. People are sleeping on his jumpshot, he has been knocking them down in workouts...form looks great

Harkless I think will have a similar impact to Jae, now he is an afterthought like Jae was when we acquire Iggie, but the Moe fits perfectly with the system, I think we will be surprised with his production, he gave good defense against AD and Lebron, he is legit
Image
User avatar
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 29,182
And1: 108,098
Joined: Nov 16, 2014
     

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1643 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:23 pm

Some of you forgot about Hammer time.

BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 49,274
And1: 9,793
Joined: Jun 23, 2001
   

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1644 » by BBallFreak » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:24 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Here goes my post free agency breakdown and starting lineup

C Meyers Leonard 7'0 C Kelly Olynk 7'0 C Chris Silva 6'8 C UD 6'8

- We return the same center rotation from last year but it's not as bad as it seems. Sure we could of used an upgrade but with the big free agency looming next year there was really no one worth going an extra year for. Chemistry remains intact and Leonard was most likely given a soft promise for more playing time or at least a chance to regain his starting spot. Before his nasty ankle injury last year he boasted great chemistry with the starting lineup especially allowing Bam to roam as a PF. If he can continue to knock down open three's at a good clip and use his height to keep us honest on the boards there is no reason he should not find the same regular season success post injury he had last year. Olynyk gives us a solid backup big man who finds his way to come up big in spots. You could do a lot worse then having another seven foot shooting big man like Olynyk coming off the bench. Silva is there for organizational depth and UD is there for inspiration. The only way we upgrade at this spot might come from a mid season trade for LaMarcus Aldridge.


PF/C Bam Adebayo 6'9 PF/SF Mo Harkless 6'7 PF Precious Achiuwa 6'9

- Budding superstar forward in Bam who will play both the 4 and 5 based on matchups. Harkless will most likely start off as the small ball 4 which he should be able to handle with his 7'2 wingspan. Achiuwa is the true X Factor here. If he is able to develop quickly he can form a truly dynamic front court with Bam. That's TBD but should be one of the fun sub plots to watch during the season.


SF/SG Duncan Robinson 6'8 SF Andre Iguodala 6'6 SF/PF KZ Okpala 6'9

- Best shooter in the league comes back as the 2/3 based on lineup dynamic. Veteran Iguodala comes back to play a limited role helping usher in the KZ Okapala era. This spot is looking good for years to come if KZ comes as advertised. Harkless and KZ combo at the 3/4 with Bam at the 5 could be swtichy and dynamic especially on the defensive end.

SG Tyler Herro 6'5 SG Avery Bradley 6'3

- Herro is destined to be a stud. Ballsy shot maker who will only continue to get better. Gets his chance to start this year and is in a great position to become one of the better two guards in the league. The signing of Avery Bradley brings some much needed defensive toughness off the bench to compliment Herro and Dragic in certain lineups.

PG/SF Jimmy Butler 6'7 PG Goran Dragic 6'3 PG/SG Kendrick Nunn 6'2

Butler will be the primary point forward in the starting lineup who will cede ball handling duties on occasion with Herro. Dragic comes off the bench again to preserve his health and to add fire power to the second unit. Nunn will find his playing time this year on the days Dragic needs to be rested throughout the year. Good chance Nunn is involved in some sort of deal this year but in the mean time this will be his role and not bad a play like Nunn sitting on the bench as a 3rd or 4th option considering Dragic's age and recent injury history.

2 way player
PG/SG Gabe Vincent- Shooting microwave player who will only be needed in case of injury to anyone in backcourt


4-5 seed in the East with a chance to make noise again in the playoffs. If midseason trade is made for LaMarcus Aldrige and he's in good health we could make another run to the finals if Okpala or Achuiwa happen to breakout. Get ready for another fun season.
Great write up, but I have to disagree with the lineup. I think we truly run it back with:

Pg: Nunn
Sg: Butler
Sf: Robinson
Pf: Leonard
Cc: Adebayo

I think our bench rotation is where things get interesting. I think we use Bradley, Dragic, Herro, Harkless, and Olynyk. We'll get spot minutes from guys like Iggy, Okpala, and Achiuwa. We'll go for continuity at the beginning and look to keep guys in similar roles at first. Then as our new players get acclimated into the system, we'll tweak the lineup. Bradley and Harkless will eventually take more prominent roles with Harkless (maybe Achiuwa or Okpala) replacing Leonard in the starting lineup as he gets more accommodated (or as the youngsters develop and force playing time).

Either way, I love the versatility we have. I think Harkless has the potential to do what Crowder did for us. I also think Achiuwa and Okpala both have the potential to to propel the franchise to championship levels of they develop like we all hope. I think it's going to be a fun year. We may not make it back to the Finals. I don't know. But it's going to be a fun ride...
User avatar
JLop
Starter
Posts: 2,109
And1: 4,768
Joined: Feb 07, 2014
 

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1645 » by JLop » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:25 pm

Achiuwa appears bigger and taller than in the scout reports. I don't want to get carried away at the moment, but Precious Achiuwa seems like one of the top three picks.
User avatar
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,702
And1: 55,861
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
       

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1646 » by DayofMourning » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:33 pm

JLop wrote:Achiuwa appears bigger and taller than in the scout reports. I don't want to get carried away at the moment, but Precious Achiuwa seems like one of the top three picks.


We've already got Bam and Herro going top three in their respective redrafts. Nothing wrong with adding one more, lol.
Image
User avatar
Kobewade11
Analyst
Posts: 3,419
And1: 7,506
Joined: Oct 15, 2017

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1647 » by Kobewade11 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:34 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Some of you forgot about Hammer time.

;t=185s&ab_channel=MickeyMickeal

the reactions to this signing have been absolutely ridiculous
DrHeat
Sophomore
Posts: 188
And1: 419
Joined: Jul 09, 2008

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1648 » by DrHeat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:39 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Here goes my post free agency breakdown and starting lineup

C Meyers Leonard 7'0 C Kelly Olynk 7'0 C Chris Silva 6'8 C UD 6'8

- We return the same center rotation from last year but it's not as bad as it seems. Sure we could of used an upgrade but with the big free agency looming next year there was really no one worth going an extra year for. Chemistry remains intact and Leonard was most likely given a soft promise for more playing time or at least a chance to regain his starting spot. Before his nasty ankle injury last year he boasted great chemistry with the starting lineup especially allowing Bam to roam as a PF. If he can continue to knock down open three's at a good clip and use his height to keep us honest on the boards there is no reason he should not find the same regular season success post injury he had last year. Olynyk gives us a solid backup big man who finds his way to come up big in spots. You could do a lot worse then having another seven foot shooting big man like Olynyk coming off the bench. Silva is there for organizational depth and UD is there for inspiration. The only way we upgrade at this spot might come from a mid season trade for LaMarcus Aldridge.


PF/C Bam Adebayo 6'9 PF/SF Mo Harkless 6'7 PF Precious Achiuwa 6'9

- Budding superstar forward in Bam who will play both the 4 and 5 based on matchups. Harkless will most likely start off as the small ball 4 which he should be able to handle with his 7'2 wingspan. Achiuwa is the true X Factor here. If he is able to develop quickly he can form a truly dynamic front court with Bam. That's TBD but should be one of the fun sub plots to watch during the season.


SF/SG Duncan Robinson 6'8 SF Andre Iguodala 6'6 SF/PF KZ Okpala 6'9

- Best shooter in the league comes back as the 2/3 based on lineup dynamic. Veteran Iguodala comes back to play a limited role helping usher in the KZ Okapala era. This spot is looking good for years to come if KZ comes as advertised. Harkless and KZ combo at the 3/4 with Bam at the 5 could be swtichy and dynamic especially on the defensive end.

SG Tyler Herro 6'5 SG Avery Bradley 6'3

- Herro is destined to be a stud. Ballsy shot maker who will only continue to get better. Gets his chance to start this year and is in a great position to become one of the better two guards in the league. The signing of Avery Bradley brings some much needed defensive toughness off the bench to compliment Herro and Dragic in certain lineups.

PG/SF Jimmy Butler 6'7 PG Goran Dragic 6'3 PG/SG Kendrick Nunn 6'2

Butler will be the primary point forward in the starting lineup who will cede ball handling duties on occasion with Herro. Dragic comes off the bench again to preserve his health and to add fire power to the second unit. Nunn will find his playing time this year on the days Dragic needs to be rested throughout the year. Good chance Nunn is involved in some sort of deal this year but in the mean time this will be his role and not bad a play like Nunn sitting on the bench as a 3rd or 4th option considering Dragic's age and recent injury history.

2 way player
PG/SG Gabe Vincent- Shooting microwave player who will only be needed in case of injury to anyone in backcourt


4-5 seed in the East with a chance to make noise again in the playoffs. If midseason trade is made for LaMarcus Aldrige and he's in good health we could make another run to the finals if Okpala or Achuiwa happen to breakout. Get ready for another fun season.
Great write up, but I have to disagree with the lineup. I think we truly run it back with:

Pg: Nunn
Sg: Butler
Sf: Robinson
Pf: Leonard
Cc: Adebayo

I think our bench rotation is where things get interesting. I think we use Bradley, Dragic, Herro, Harkless, and Olynyk. We'll get spot minutes from guys like Iggy, Okpala, and Achiuwa. We'll go for continuity at the beginning and look to keep guys in similar roles at first. Then as our new players get acclimated into the system, we'll tweak the lineup. Bradley and Harkless will eventually take more prominent roles with Harkless (maybe Achiuwa or Okpala) replacing Leonard in the starting lineup as he gets more accommodated (or as the youngsters develop and force playing time).

Either way, I love the versatility we have. I think Harkless has the potential to do what Crowder did for us. I also think Achiuwa and Okpala both have the potential to to propel the franchise to championship levels of they develop like we all hope. I think it's going to be a fun year. We may not make it back to the Finals. I don't know. But it's going to be a fun ride...


We are very deep ...our back up unit of Dragic-Bradley-Herro- Harkless- Olynyk is better than half the starting units in the easten conference..lol
DrHeat
Sophomore
Posts: 188
And1: 419
Joined: Jul 09, 2008

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1649 » by DrHeat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:42 pm

JLop wrote:Achiuwa appears bigger and taller than in the scout reports. I don't want to get carried away at the moment, but Precious Achiuwa seems like one of the top three picks.


Agree 100% ...this kid appears more athletic than Bam and has a more advanced perimeter game at the same stage ..i would not be surprised if in 3 years he is top 3 in this draft
User avatar
HerroBalls
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,834
And1: 11,898
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
       

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1650 » by HerroBalls » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:42 pm

Meyers runs the floor well and can shoot.

He’s also selfless and energetic as all hell on the bench.

I’m sure he could have gotten a 2 year deal elsewhere but he obviously felt like coming back.

I’m totally okay giving him his money for this year. Could have a Brook Lopez like resurgence late in career
Read on Twitter
User avatar
Bishop45
RealGM
Posts: 29,108
And1: 97,181
Joined: Apr 22, 2015
 

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1651 » by Bishop45 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:43 pm

No probs with our FA this yr
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

:rocking:
User avatar
MiamiLoyal926
Sophomore
Posts: 179
And1: 269
Joined: Feb 02, 2016

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1652 » by MiamiLoyal926 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:57 pm

These are also guys you expect to be sticking around to be a part of something greater... which means they will take a team friendly deal next year. Crowder obviously was not interested in taking a deal to fit in with Giannis’ max.

All I am saying is that this summer feels like Pat is operating with inside info, and those who stuck around believed it and wanted a part of it.
User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 13,673
And1: 24,159
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1653 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:15 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Some of you forgot about Hammer time.



Lose 12 pounds so he'll get more mobile, double his 3point rate and hope for the best.

He was just too slow to play in a lot of matchups.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
User avatar
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,702
And1: 55,861
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
       

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1654 » by DayofMourning » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:17 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Some of you forgot about Hammer time.



Lose 12 pounds so he'll get more mobile, double his 3point rate and hope for the best.

He was just too slow to play in a lot of matchups.


Needs to go player soccer with Precious.
Image
User avatar
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,579
And1: 7,987
Joined: Oct 09, 2007
Location: On the way
 

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1655 » by radikalBaller » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:19 pm

RiverboatRiles wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Some of you forgot about Hammer time.

;t=185s&ab_channel=MickeyMickeal

the reactions to this signing have been absolutely ridiculous


Love Meyers but tostay on the court in the playoffs, he needs to improve drastically, shooting volume, trigger quickness, reboundingphysicality & boxout, shot blocking. He need to model after Brook Lopez to be usefull, othewise he might go back to cheerleading...
Image
SoFlaKingReal
Pro Prospect
Posts: 807
And1: 1,161
Joined: Jul 07, 2014
   

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1656 » by SoFlaKingReal » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:20 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

From Five Reasons so TIFWIW....I would love to see Herro impressing Spo enough to keep him in the starting lineup full time.

Herro
Bradley
Butler
Bam
Leonard
batterybro42
Pro Prospect
Posts: 921
And1: 1,021
Joined: Jul 06, 2014

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1657 » by batterybro42 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:20 pm

JLop wrote:Achiuwa appears bigger and taller than in the scout reports. I don't want to get carried away at the moment, but Precious Achiuwa seems like one of the top three picks.


Loved the pick great type of culture fit, who will maximize his skill set here. Reminds me of Bam, but without the ability to bring the ball up the floor.

What he should be able to do is switch a lot like Bam does and offer some of the same things defensively. I could see him playing alongside Bam a lot which would be an absolute terror. He has some ability to expand his range and become a shooter, which if he can do that he becomes extremely valuable.

If he’s part of the long term plan, and we add Giannis I could potentially see us roll out a rotation one day of

Herro
Duncan
Giannis
Bam
Achiuwa

3 guys over 6’9 capable of switching 3-5 we’d go from a terrible rebounding team to one of the leagues best, and you combine that with the ability to play them alongside 2 of the best shooters in the game you create some serious matchup problems. Teams just don’t have 3 bigs defensively who have the athleticism to rebound and run the floor with those guys. Otherwise you’re forced into either playing zone and just getting destroyed on the boards after yielding tons of 3 point opportunities, or playing a true 3 against one of the bigs and getting bullied.

The last thing that really stuck out to me about Achiuwa was his ability to set screens, if he can be a threat off that action either diving or spotting, he can be a double double guy with legitimate minutes in this league. I don’t see a super star but I see a guy who when surrounded by good players could potentially be the matchup that makes it incredibly difficult to matchup against us, opening opportunities for the other 4 on the floor. Hate the term glue guy, but I think we could look back to this pick as the one that put us over the top.
User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 13,673
And1: 24,159
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1658 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:24 pm

I'm glad the Harkless signing pushed some people onto the Precious bandwagon.

I'm all in. The ceiling to next year teams will be determined by health and the young guys improving.

If KZ and/or Precious can give us a surprising Herro-type rookie season, we can be better then expected.

I'm not sure which one is more ready, KZ probably has more ready skillset, Precious is just an animal physically. Both showed shooting promise, both are long as ****, both mobile. We need to give a lot of burn early and see what happens.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
greg4012
Veteran
Posts: 2,523
And1: 2,837
Joined: Jul 14, 2008

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1659 » by greg4012 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:33 pm

HerroBalls wrote:Meyers runs the floor well and can shoot.

He’s also selfless and energetic as all hell on the bench.

I’m sure he could have gotten a 2 year deal elsewhere but he obviously felt like coming back.

I’m totally okay giving him his money for this year. Could have a Brook Lopez like resurgence late in career


Brook Lopez has been a 20 ppg scorer for most of his career. Made an all-star game in 2013. He expanded his game upon arriving in Milwaukee to tap into his shooting stroke to space the floor and was tasked with focusing on rim protection on defense. He has averaged almost 2 blocks per game for his career.

Meyers Leonard can shoot but has one of the slowest wind up and releases I've seen. He is a very good screen setter. He has no other tangible offensive element ot his game. He is one of the slowest footed big men in the league when it comes to lateral movement, so he can't survive any switching on the perimeter. He also has next to zero presence as a paint defender/rim protector (Kelly O and Meyers have basically identical opponent FG% at the rim). He has averaged 0.3 blocks per game for his career (bumps up to 0.6 per 36). He has a big strong body so the one thing he kind of offers defensively is a body to throw at the few big men that work in the paint.

I'm not upset about the contract because I don't realistically think the other big men out there would've taken the 2nd year team option.

Meyers will serve the same role that he did this past season. He will be a serviceable big body to start games and help Bam during the regular season. He works because he can space the floor. He will once again be nearly unplayable in the playoffs and is nothing close to a core component of our team. His skillset simply cannot work in the playoffs. A big man has to be able to either switch on the perimeter or defend the paint effectively to have a true role in today's playoff landscape.
User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 13,673
And1: 24,159
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1660 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:44 pm

Herro
Jimmy
Duncan
Precious (Or KZ)
Bam

That's the killer lineups for playoffs next year. If 2 big things go our way :

1. It will require Herro to really improve defensively, enough to be passable against good PGs. He has the size and IQ, so I think that's achievable.

2. Precious/KZ really coming out shooting hot and adjusting to the NBA well and quickly. Both could grow into the Crowder role if they hit 3's in a decent rate and can give good defense against wings and bigs. I'm not sure how likely or how quickly that can happen, but both has the tools and potntial.

If those 2 things happens, that lineup has 3 elite defender, 2 elite shooters + 1 decent one, very young core and very switchable lineup.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs

Return to Miami Heat