ImageImageImage

Speculation: Heat made a Beas for Dooling offer?

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda

I Never Lied
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Speculation: Heat made a Beas for Dooling offer? 

Post#101 » by I Never Lied » Fri Jun 4, 2010 5:01 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Because Riley doesn't feel it necessary to reply to every media lark that presents itself. He doesn't feel it necessary to give credence to every sportswriter trying to make a story. He doesn't have to satisfy the curiosity of message boarders who want him to deny a story that isn't. If you were told something ridiculous about you or something you know to be comically false would you feel the need to validate it as being false? Or would you expect people to use their heads and realize the foolishness of it. Once again...depressing.

Dooling and the third for Beasley would make sense. Even adding a player with Beasley wouldn't be a stretch. That's relative value. It could go in the favor of either team if that was the foundation of a trade.

Ok fair enough, but you do realize that other GM's read the newspaper too right?

Moreover, Riley has been trying unsuccessfully to get rid of Beasley for quite some time now. Regardless of how "foolish" you may feel the news stories are and that Riley need not dignify them with a response, you must admit that Pat has been getting owned repeatedly in trying to acquire anything more than a standing pool of urine for Beasley.

Try as he might, No GM is going to give a top 10 pick to Riley in exchange for Beasley and a big part of that is due to "comically false" reports like these that keep surfacing.

But hey, I could be wrong.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#102 » by HIF » Fri Jun 4, 2010 5:22 pm

So a GM reading this in the "newspaper" is going to believe it? They wouldn't be able to contact Riley of course they only learn their news from a fan based web writer.

Surely even the guys in the washington hood wouldn't fall for that. Schmutz!
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
I Never Lied
Banned User

Post#103 » by I Never Lied » Fri Jun 4, 2010 5:38 pm

HIF wrote:So a GM reading this in the "newspaper" is going to believe it? They wouldn't be able to contact Riley of course they only learn their news from a fan based web writer.

Each and every GM's isn’t tight with the other excecutives just because they're all General Managers. When Pau Gasol was traded to the Lakers, 95% of the leagues GM's were beside themselves and completely shell shocked.

You think NBA front offices are one big fraternity and every GM has everyone else on speed dial? You need to get off this forum and go out and do bussiness in the real world.

“Oh, but he could just call Pat and ask him what happened” Image
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,943

Post#104 » by DWadeno3 » Fri Jun 4, 2010 5:46 pm

I Never Lied wrote:
HIF wrote:So a GM reading this in the "newspaper" is going to believe it? They wouldn't be able to contact Riley of course they only learn their news from a fan based web writer.

Each and every GM's isn’t tight with the other excecutives just because they're all General Managers. When Pau Gasol was traded to the Lakers, 95% of the leagues GM's were beside themselves and completely shell shocked.

You think NBA front offices are one big fraternity and every GM has everyone else on speed dial? You need to get off this forum and go out and do bussiness in the real world.

“Oh, but he could just call Pat and ask him what happened” Image

Actually, I'd be shocked if they had each other on speed dial. This is a business, everybody wants to take advantage of each other and profit the most. I seriously doubt there's any open communication between the GMs. In fact, I'm pretty sure every GM will use this article as leverage to acquire Beasley for the lowest price possible. Every front office in the league is just waiting to have an opportunity of making a lop-sided deal and this is certainly one of them.

#HeatLifer
I Never Lied
Banned User

Post#105 » by I Never Lied » Fri Jun 4, 2010 6:02 pm

DWadeno3 wrote:
Actually, I'd be shocked if they had each other on speed dial. This is a business, everybody wants to take advantage of each other and profit the most. I seriously doubt there's any open communication between the GMs. In fact, I'm pretty sure every GM will use this article as leverage to acquire Beasley for the lowest price possible. Every front office in the league is just waiting to have an opportunity of making a lop-sided deal and this is certainly one of them.

Precisely, I don’t know how some posters could be as naive and stupid enough to believe otherwise.

Hermaphrodites.
Miamis3rdRing
Banned User
And1: 131

Post#106 » by Miamis3rdRing » Fri Jun 4, 2010 6:06 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Yt0xJKDY8[/youtube]

This is relevant to some of the discussion going on. Believe that.
HIF
RealGM

Post#107 » by HIF » Fri Jun 4, 2010 6:21 pm

And to think that businessmen don't know what's going on in their business is pretty dumb - especially when there are only 30 of them - yet they'd beleive a rumour on a web forum board. I'm glad I knew what was going on in my business otherwise I wouldn't now own a very large house overlooking a sandy beach in South West France.

demens
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#108 » by demens » Fri Jun 4, 2010 6:22 pm

HeatSince88 wrote:
demens wrote:
HeatSince88 wrote:Riley either offered ...

- Beas for Dooling + #3

- Beas for Dooling + #31 is more likely.

More like Chris Quinn for Dooling.

Oh wait, Thorn already did a deal for Quinny.

Sorry, we're all out of D-leaguers for you to trade for :dontknow: You might have to field a real NBA team this year.

Good one, yet we're the ones turning down your 2nd best player for nothing deal. aha. All out of D-leagues you say, i beg to differ.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,597

Post#109 » by Vertical Limit » Fri Jun 4, 2010 6:37 pm

Beasley is our second best player? :lol: :lol:
demens
Banned User

Post#110 » by demens » Fri Jun 4, 2010 6:52 pm

Vertical Limit wrote:Beasley is our second best player? :lol: :lol:

hihi idiot

dolphinatik wrote:this is just a sad report. sad if its true, sad that some people are happy about it, sad that even if its false the Heat have not made any public statement refuting it. 2nd best player on the team and you cant make it work? Its just sad. I wish they would just trade him already, elimitate what we thought was the problem so we can then find and fix the real problems.
MiamiHeat04
Starter
And1: 134

Post#111 » by MiamiHeat04 » Fri Jun 4, 2010 6:57 pm

Believe it or no he is our second best player, if he wasnt he wouldnt be crititized so much. As a second best player your expectations are pretty high. I dont remember people giving up on caron after Caron's terrible 2nd season.
NBAMAN4LIFE
Bench Warmer
And1: 12

Post#112 » by NBAMAN4LIFE » Fri Jun 4, 2010 7:16 pm

MiamiHeat04 wrote:

Believe it or no he is our second best player, if he wasnt he wouldnt be crititized so much. As a second best player your expectations are pretty high. I dont remember people giving up on caron after Caron's terrible 2nd season.

In 2003 wasnt Caron injured alot ? I gave up on Beasley already to be honest with you. I mean at first I admit I was blaming Spo but the guy just doesnt get it. I mean he makes alot of silly mistakes I dont know maybe the expectations were to high on the kid. But i wouldnt care if we traded him for a second round pick.
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,943

Post#113 » by DWadeno3 » Fri Jun 4, 2010 7:21 pm

HIF wrote:And to think that businessmen don't know what's going on in their business is pretty dumb - especially when there are only 30 of them - yet they'd beleive a rumour on a web forum board. I'm glad I knew what was going on in my business otherwise I wouldn't now own a very large house overlooking a sandy beach in South West France.

I'm not saying they really believe the rumor but they will use it as leverage.

#HeatLifer
I Never Lied
Banned User

Post#114 » by I Never Lied » Fri Jun 4, 2010 7:45 pm

DWadeno3 wrote:
HIF wrote:And to think that businessmen don't know what's going on in their business is pretty dumb - especially when there are only 30 of them - yet they'd beleive a rumour on a web forum board. I'm glad I knew what was going on in my business otherwise I wouldn't now own a very large house overlooking a sandy beach in South West France.

I'm not saying they really believe the rumor but they will use it as leverage.

You don’t have to back off your original statement. NBA franchises are as autonomous as they get. There is no way for a GM to glean into the inner workings and details involving a trade without being involved. It doesn’t matter if there are only 30 teams or 3000.

Why the do you think agents are able to pit teams against each other in false bidding wars. Do you think the Bullets knew way back when what the Heat were prepared to offer Juawan Howard???

Don’t listen to any idiot who says that omniscience for a GM is just a phone call away.
HIF
RealGM

Post#115 » by HIF » Fri Jun 4, 2010 8:00 pm

There is no way for a GM to glean into the inner workings and details involving a trade without being involved.

:lol: No they just check loony writers on fanboy forums. Just like Beas for dooling :roll:

demens
Banned User

Post#116 » by demens » Fri Jun 4, 2010 8:02 pm

Its strange how half the fans are in total denial that this deal is even possible, and the other think its totally reasonable. Such a wide gap.
FAB0L0US
Banned User

Post#117 » by FAB0L0US » Fri Jun 4, 2010 8:05 pm

I Never Lied wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Beasley is the whipping boy for this team and its unfortunate. Other team's fans want to trash him because he's been poorly handled and they aren't big enough fans to realize why he's producing as such. Fans of the Heat are willing to give up on him because we want instant production no matter the circumstances....

Devaluing Beasley to the ridiculous level of Beasley for Dooling to get cap relief is absolutely ridiculous and all media related hype and conjecture is icing on an ignorance cake. Riley wouldn't just trash Beasley for nothing. For all you who think he would....well, wasting time trying to convince you is depressing.

Why do you think Riley has not come forward and denied this "rediculous" offer?

Seriously?

. . . because GM's never come out and deny stupid trade rumors, ever? Like never ever?
BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,871

Post#118 » by BFRESH44 » Fri Jun 4, 2010 8:21 pm

demens wrote:Its strange how half the fans are in total denial that this deal is even possible, and the other think its totally reasonable. Such a wide gap.

That's nice. Take yourself back to the 11 win errr I mean Nets board.

Have a great evening.
demens
Banned User

Post#119 » by demens » Fri Jun 4, 2010 8:23 pm

BFRESH44 wrote:
demens wrote:Its strange how half the fans are in total denial that this deal is even possible, and the other think its totally reasonable. Such a wide gap.

That's nice. Take yourself back to the 11 win errr I mean Nets board.

Have a great evening.

Boo-Hoo.

Only reason i came here is to ask this "insider" of yours to clarify which pick it was only to have him post random pictures trying to prove he knows something. I got no answer in the end which showed exactly how much he really knew.
BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,871

Post#120 » by BFRESH44 » Fri Jun 4, 2010 8:34 pm

Nobody knows a darn thing though, my man. For all we know, it was bullsh*t report all together.

Didn't come from the most reputable of sources...

So let's just dead it..

Return to Miami Heat