ImageImageImage

[Game 4] Miami Heat @ Philadelphia 76ers - Sunday May 8, 8:00pm est

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,177

Re: [Game 4] Miami Heat @ Philadelphia 76ers - Sunday May 8, 8:00pm est 

Post#1061 » by carnageta » Mon May 9, 2022 3:31 am

Kobewade11 wrote:
carnageta wrote:This is where we miss Goran Dragic. People quickly forget just how incredible he was in the 2020 finals run with this scoring and play making ability. We're talking about a three-level scorer who was battle tested and more offensively refined than both Tyler Herro and Victor Oladipo.

Lowry, when he's on, is the better player. However, he's quite streaky and as seen the past two (2) games - when he's off, he really is unable to snap out of it. Goran was much more consistent on the offensive end.

This is nostalgia talking. We couldnt have Dragic on the floor with Herro.

We could in spurts throughout the game, especially when we play zone. The problem was always when we tried having all three of Dragic, Herro AND Duncan on the court together.

Agreed though that Lowry brings much more upside defensively.
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,820

Post#1062 » by al bondiga » Mon May 9, 2022 3:32 am

Lilseb93 wrote:
HEATVols865 wrote:
Lilseb93 wrote:Bam is an elite defensive player, but if the guy is going to be a bum on offense and get max money to be the 4th role player in the playoffs, this organization will go nowhere. There has to be some pressure put on him now. Fans are going to start turning on him eventually. For the money and hype he gets, you'd think he got 30-15 every night. He straight up disappears and gets demolished by bigger guys. I don't hate Bam, but I'm a Heat fan first. It's not acceptable. I have to be fair.

Bam needs to work on his offense this off season and needs to start like next week once our season is over.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Bam needs a midrange. All you have to do is get your big to back up from him and he'll brick the jump shot, run into the guy awkwardly for a turnover or a brick, or pass it someone else. When you also have Jimmy and Lowry who just can't shoot outside shots consistently either, it's really not hard to guard this offense.
bam is just playing out of position, he should play center only 10 minutes each game at them most
Lilseb93
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,190

Post#1063 » by Lilseb93 » Mon May 9, 2022 3:33 am

In hindsight, if we do lose this series, it is funny that we really thought we could win a NBA championship with the corpse of Lowry (which you already knew was old and had a lot of miles), and guys like Gabe Vincent, Strus, ect. getting serious minutes. They thought we would just do the same strategy against Embiid and Giannis, and it would magically work this time. Like we were going to beat bigger teams with Bam and a bunch of old dudes. Maybe Oladipo would come back from injury.

A lot of us weren't happy in the offseason and rightfully so. I suppose the options were limiting so I guess we had no choice, but IDK. I was just never hot on this team. Especially when we refused to do anything at the trade deadline.

We have a culture and players play hard, but it feels like we build teams just to be in the playoffs, but never really have a realistic shot.

I guess Riley's hands were tied. He did what he could if we're going to never rebuild.
Heat Culture :hug:
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,298

Post#1064 » by Flash4thewin » Mon May 9, 2022 3:33 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not really, Beal would need to decide to come here, and honestly with what we have shown so far why would he? Last season we got swept off the court, the only team to get swept. This season we needed 5 games to take care of a Hawks team that every team except Utah could have easily beaten. Sure we won two games without Embiid, and then have two literal blow outs when hes on the court. I just dont see Beal looking at us and saying sure ill give up my super max to come here. Utah is the team we need to target for a trade if we are honest.
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,545

Post#1065 » by harlem_ball » Mon May 9, 2022 3:34 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
harlem_ball wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
So you want to trade this teams present and it’s future lol

Yea id rather sign herro and start fresh with an offensive guy than a glue guy. Maybe tank

You will prob need to move a young guy to move the old guys

Id pick herro.

We’ll thank god you’re not calling the shots

Don't forget we got Wade by tanking lol
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant

Post#1066 » by harlem_ball » Mon May 9, 2022 3:36 am

Beenie wrote:Gimmie Wall on the buyout market

Another midget for Spo. Go for it dude!
carnageta
Veteran

Post#1067 » by carnageta » Mon May 9, 2022 3:36 am

Meh. We shot 20% from three and lost by 8. The 76ers shot 49% from three and hit 9 more three pointers than us (that's a difference of 27 points). We're headed back home. Shooters shoot better on their own home floor. Still a very winnable series for us.

Best out of 3. 2 games in Miami. This is why having home court is crucial.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,472

Post#1068 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon May 9, 2022 3:37 am

Flash4thewin wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not really, Beal would need to decide to come here, and honestly with what we have shown so far why would he? Last season we got swept off the court, the only team to get swept. This season we needed 5 games to take care of a Hawks team that every team except Utah could have easily beaten. Sure we won two games without Embiid, and then have two literal blow outs when hes on the court. I just dont see Beal looking at us and saying sure ill give up my super max to come here. Utah is the team we need to target for a trade if we are honest.

We easily beat Atlanta lmao!

Tonight was a blowout?!

Come on now.
#FreeBam
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant

Post#1069 » by harlem_ball » Mon May 9, 2022 3:37 am

carnageta wrote:Meh. We shot 20% from three and lost by 8. The 76ers shot 49% from three and hit 9 more three pointers than us (that's a difference of 27 points). We're headed back home. Shooters shoot better on their own home floor. Still a very winnable series for us.

Best out of 3. 2 games in Miami. This is why having home court is crucial.

Let me wallow in despair please.
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant

Post#1070 » by harlem_ball » Mon May 9, 2022 3:39 am

al bondiga wrote:
Lilseb93 wrote:
HEATVols865 wrote:Bam needs to work on his offense this off season and needs to start like next week once our season is over.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Bam needs a midrange. All you have to do is get your big to back up from him and he'll brick the jump shot, run into the guy awkwardly for a turnover or a brick, or pass it someone else. When you also have Jimmy and Lowry who just can't shoot outside shots consistently either, it's really not hard to guard this offense.
bam is just playing out of position, he should play center only 10 minutes each game at them most

There's a nice model of Yurt id like to show you
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,917

Post#1071 » by Rapaz » Mon May 9, 2022 3:39 am

I had almost forgotten about Atlanta. My God! That team is a dumpster fire. Made us look like world-beaters.
carnageta
Veteran

Post#1072 » by carnageta » Mon May 9, 2022 3:40 am

Lilseb93 wrote:In hindsight, if we do lose this series, it is funny that we really thought we could win a NBA championship with the corpse of Lowry (which you already knew was old and had a lot of miles), and guys like Gabe Vincent, Strus, ect. getting serious minutes. They thought we would just do the same strategy against Embiid and Giannis, and it would magically work this time. Like we were going to beat bigger teams with Bam and a bunch of old dudes. Maybe Oladipo would come back from injury.

A lot of us weren't happy in the offseason and rightfully so. I suppose the options were limiting so I guess we had no choice, but IDK. I was just never hot on this team. Especially when we refused to do anything at the trade deadline.

We have a culture and players play hard, but it feels like we build teams just to be in the playoffs, but never really have a realistic shot.

I guess Riley's hands were tied. He did what he could if we're going to never rebuild.

It's funny. Had we hit two (2) more three pointers tonight and the 76ers two (2) less, you'd likely not be typing this out and the vast majority here would be confident in our chances to succeed in winning a championship.

It's 2-2 for crying out loud, and we still have home court advantage. Ya'll need to chill.
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant

Post#1073 » by harlem_ball » Mon May 9, 2022 3:40 am

Old people, gleaguers and midgets

And joel Anthony

Thats our heat.

Led by a robot.
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,891

Post#1074 » by Shewasfly » Mon May 9, 2022 3:42 am

All the talk about trading Bam and Herro but tbh if we just get any damn thing out of our role players it’s an entirely different game. They better shape tf up at home in 2 days
:tiredJB:
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant

Post#1075 » by harlem_ball » Mon May 9, 2022 3:45 am

I shaved my ass for this?

harlem_ball
Lead Assistant

Post#1076 » by harlem_ball » Mon May 9, 2022 3:46 am

Furthermore, Eddie Jones was a terrible player in the clutch.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1077 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon May 9, 2022 3:52 am

Shewasfly wrote:All the talk about trading Bam and Herro but tbh if we just get any damn thing out of our role players it’s an entirely different game. They better shape tf up at home in 2 days

Now you’re making some sense!
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1078 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon May 9, 2022 3:52 am

carnageta wrote:
Lilseb93 wrote:In hindsight, if we do lose this series, it is funny that we really thought we could win a NBA championship with the corpse of Lowry (which you already knew was old and had a lot of miles), and guys like Gabe Vincent, Strus, ect. getting serious minutes. They thought we would just do the same strategy against Embiid and Giannis, and it would magically work this time. Like we were going to beat bigger teams with Bam and a bunch of old dudes. Maybe Oladipo would come back from injury.

It's funny. Had we hit two (2) more three pointers tonight and the 76ers two (2) less, you'd likely not be typing this out and the vast majority here would be confident in our chances to succeed in winning a championship.

It's 2-2 for crying out loud, and we still have home court advantage. Ya'll need to chill.

Make shots and it’s Heat in 4, we’ll have to settle for Heat in 6. We needed the test
#FreeBam
Umbooki
RealGM
And1: 29,843

Post#1079 » by Umbooki » Mon May 9, 2022 3:58 am

HeatFanDan wrote:
Umbooki wrote:
HeatFanDan wrote:Spero Dedes or Grant Hill?

Neither are particularly amazing, but Spero’s excitement with each Philly bucket makes it sting so much more.

I wouldn't know. I watch the game while listening to music with headphones. I urge more Heat fans to do this. It helps.

I’ll give it a shot. Somebody getting their ass kicked to a soundtrack on Tuesday!
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,571

Post#1080 » by Beenie » Mon May 9, 2022 4:00 am

harlem_ball wrote:
Beenie wrote:Gimmie Wall on the buyout market

Another midget for Spo. Go for it dude!

Wall is 6'2/ 6'3

Lowry is under 6'0

Return to Miami Heat