ImageImageImage

Official HEAT 2017-18 Regular Season Thread - Vol. I

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

caliban
NBA TnT Forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 3,231

Re: Official HEAT 2017-18 Regular Season Thread - Vol. I 

Post#1921 » by caliban » Fri Mar 9, 2018 11:17 am

"Luck" adjusted Net Rating

Code: Select all

TOR - 6,9
BOS - 2,8
PHI - 1,5
CLE - 1,2
MIA - 0,5
IND - 0,2
WAS - 0,1
MIL - 0,0
20-21 apbrMetrics RMSE Team win projections winner. Three time RMSE runner up
RGM TnT board Team Win predictions winner
SpoSucks
Junior
And1: 1,262

Post#1922 » by SpoSucks » Fri Mar 9, 2018 2:38 pm

caliban wrote:"Luck" adjusted Net Rating

TOR - 6,9
BOS - 2,8
PHI - 1,5
CLE - 1,2
MIA - 0,5
IND - 0,2
WAS - 0,1
MIL - 0,0

What does this mean? That Riley got lucky when he put this team together? :lol:
caliban
NBA TnT Forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 3,231

Post#1923 » by caliban » Fri Mar 9, 2018 3:44 pm

SpoSucks wrote:
caliban wrote:"Luck" adjusted Net Rating

TOR - 6,9
BOS - 2,8
PHI - 1,5
CLE - 1,2
MIA - 0,5
IND - 0,2
WAS - 0,1
MIL - 0,0

What does this mean? That Riley got lucky when he put this team together? :lol:

It adjusts the basic net rating for more or less uncontrollable events like ft%, open shot% and garbage time. This is of interest if one want a stronger evaluation of how good a team has been which then is a better base for estimating how well a team will perform in the near future. That is all.
20-21 apbrMetrics RMSE Team win projections winner. Three time RMSE runner up
RGM TnT board Team Win predictions winner
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#1924 » by GameTime_3 » Fri Mar 9, 2018 9:08 pm

Wade in a HEAT uniform is just another player. At his age, he is clearly our best scorer in the clutch and still elite in this league. Watching him in Chi/Clev and he looked old and couldnt make many plays but for some reason, it all comes back. Awesome to see. But it also is a bit worrisome that at his age, he looks so much better than what we were getting from Dion/JJ.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,791

Post#1925 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Mar 9, 2018 10:13 pm

DJJ is killing the Gleague, he's shhoting 40% from 3 with skyforce and 80% FT. He's a 20 YO uber athlthic oversized wing.

Give him a low 3 year contract, this kid is our draft pick this summer. He's a better prospect then alot of these first rounders.

Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#1926 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Mar 9, 2018 10:15 pm

Whiteside with best game of season, gives some hope.

Is it just me or did he move ALOT better in the sixers game? Very wired, almost like he was on something.
rate_
Analyst
And1: 8,250

Post#1927 » by rate_ » Fri Mar 9, 2018 10:28 pm

GameTime_3 wrote:Wade in a HEAT uniform is just another player. At his age, he is clearly our best scorer in the clutch and still elite in this league. Watching him in Chi/Clev and he looked old and couldnt make many plays but for some reason, it all comes back. Awesome to see. But it also is a bit worrisome that at his age, he looks so much better than what we were getting from Dion/JJ.

Wade is an extremely skilled and cerebral ballhandler. Those never fade with age unlike athleticism.
fouled out boy
Junior
And1: 1,779

Post#1928 » by fouled out boy » Fri Mar 9, 2018 10:51 pm

Yeah. And one of examples - looks like he knew Booker was going to pass to Bender even before Booker knew it by himself )
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 40,004

Post#1929 » by KingDavid » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:47 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:DJJ is killing the Gleague, he's shhoting 40% from 3 with skyforce and 80% FT. He's a 20 YO uber athlthic oversized wing.

Give him a low 3 year contract, this kid is our draft pick this summer. He's a better prospect then alot of these first rounders.

He needs ball handling skills in the worst way.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#1930 » by Zasterror » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:03 pm

GameTime_3 wrote:Wade in a HEAT uniform is just another player. At his age, he is clearly our best scorer in the clutch and still elite in this league. Watching him in Chi/Clev and he looked old and couldnt make many plays but for some reason, it all comes back. Awesome to see. But it also is a bit worrisome that at his age, he looks so much better than what we were getting from Dion/JJ.

He is in much better shape than earlier in the season and that makes a world of difference for a guy like Wade.
somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Post#1931 » by somerandomdude » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:05 pm

Hey everyone, I stopped caring about the Heat/NBA during the Heat-Spurs Finals game 1, but the return of Wade piqued my interest again.

Since Wade came back, I've been seeing what's going on and watching the full game highlights available on YouTube and I had some Qs about the Heat and the NBA:

1. What's up with Whiteside getting only 26mpg?
2. Why are the Raptors such a good team this year? And do you think they can sustain this for years to come?
3. What are your thoughts on the playoff matchups for the Heat?
4. Which players do you think suck on this team (excluding players who don't play a lot mpg)?
5. Who do you think is a keeper from the team?
6. Do we have any plans to go after big time FAs?

My thoughts, if anyone's interested: We're a scrappy team, which I really like. I'll take winning over scrappy any day, but if we're not title contenders, then it's nice to see us fight.

I like a lot of the players we have. Many of them are role players and they've got crappy contracts, though. But they're good role players.

I *think* we've got great shooting from the 3, which is a nice change from previous team's. Maybe it's the fact tha NBA players are conditioned to hit contested 3s and the wide open looks that we got from Wade-Shaq and the Big 3 were something many players were not prepared for.

It seems that we've played pretty well against the Celtics and the Raptors this year and there's no way the NBA is letting the Cavs be eliminated in the first round, so I think we should try to maintain the 7th/8th seed (but if the Heat haven't changed, they'll probably screw themselves into the 6th seed and face the Cavs).

This team may not go far, but they're probably gonna be a pain the ass for whoever they do face, and I can live with that, but at the end of the day, it's all about the Larry O'Brien, and we should either be tanking for the #1 pick or clearing up space to land another big time FA.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,667

Post#1932 » by twix2500 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:28 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19 my gawd this is what I been wanting TJ to be doing. He could make such an impact if he leak and run hard. His athleticism can be greatly utilized as a snow birder

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
SpoSucks
Junior

Post#1933 » by SpoSucks » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:51 am

Zasterror wrote:

He is in much better shape than earlier in the season and that makes a world of difference for a guy like Wade.

Here is the sad reality fans don't won't to admit. Wade is a bit player now. His contribution has been practically nothing. Retire please after this year. Take whatever glory you can get, but please don't to try steal what isn't yours and is beyond your abilities now.

I hope this is his last year. He's been great so far. I've had enough.
SpoSucks
Junior

Post#1934 » by SpoSucks » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:10 am

So it looks like this team may be really good. Sp_ hadn't a clue. Let's move on.

The HEAT are easily on of the three best teams in the East. Argue all you want.

Looking forward to the playoffs.

Riley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SpoSucks
Junior

Post#1935 » by SpoSucks » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:28 am

contract wrote:
SpoSucks wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:If we'd have been able to predict the future, we'd have been good to go. We could have blown it up immediately after Lebron left. Bosh goes on to Houston with his health issues, and we don't trade for Dragic. Should have known Wade's knees weren't going to hold up for long, and could have known that Durant would leave his besties in OKC for a 73 win team. Paying TJ wouldn't matter so much either.

Leaves us with top five picks in the 2015 draft and on I'd say. Probably still would have taken Winslow in 2015. Don't know who you can look at in 2016's draft and been happy with outside of Simmons and Ingram. As for 2017, that would have been a fun draft to have a top pick in. Would love to have picks in this year's draft.....

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. As long as Riley's here we're going to shoot for those big names, but right now we don't have much of a team to interest anybody. I don't remember the financial situation we were in in the Alonzo days, but FAs weren't flocking to our team. Didn't see a big change until we got Flash. Until we get another Flash we better find some alternative ways to acquire talent outside of the G League.

There are a lot of fans that will disagree with the bolded. Riley said last year he wanted to give this team a chance to see what they can do in the playoffs. I hope the HEAT draw Cleveland in the first round. The only way we're going to see what this team truly has is to go against LeBron in the HEAT of battle. Bring it on.

I hope to play and beat the Cavs too, but that team is diminished, and we already know what we have. Nothing.

A nothing team crushes the Wiz.
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#1936 » by Zasterror » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:12 pm

SpoSucks wrote:
Zasterror wrote:

Here is the sad reality fans don't won't to admit. Wade is a bit player now. His contribution has been practically nothing. Retire please after this year. Take whatever glory you can get, but please don't to try steal what isn't yours and is beyond your abilities now.

Huh? :lol: :lol:
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#1937 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:39 pm

Winslow looking better lately. Looks more composed driving, finishing much better. Making shots also starting to open driving lanes a bit. Handle looks better then ever, looking Hardenesq in the P&R, He can drive and kick or drive and finish. Next step will be to drive and pull up for a jumper.

Keep working young fella, only way is up.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,817

Re: RE: Re: Official HEAT 2017-18 Regular Season Thread - Vol. I 

Post#1938 » by Hallstar » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Zasterror wrote:
SpoSucks wrote:
Zasterror wrote:He is in much better shape than earlier in the season and that makes a world of difference for a guy like Wade.

Huh?
Don't worry, he's a stable genius

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,941

Post#1939 » by Bishop45 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:10 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Winslow looking better lately. Looks more composed driving, finishing much better. Making shots also starting to open driving lanes a bit. Handle looks better then ever, looking Hardenesq in the P&R, He can drive and kick or drive and finish. Next step will be to drive and pull up for a jumper.

Would do things for him to develop a pull-up 3 but that's out of the scope of view rn.
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81,103

Post#1940 » by DayofMourning » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:30 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:Winslow looking better lately. Looks more composed driving, finishing much better. Making shots also starting to open driving lanes a bit. Handle looks better then ever, looking Hardenesq in the P&R, He can drive and kick or drive and finish. Next step will be to drive and pull up for a jumper.

Would do things for him to develop a pull-up 3 but that's out of the scope of view rn.

The things that Wade does extremely well are areas Justise could really learn from. For example, taking hits and finishing at the basket. Having a great handle is paramount to getting good shots at the basket (another Wade strength), and will certainly contribute to better finishes.

Return to Miami Heat