ImageImageImage

Miami Heat 2018 Offseason Thread 2.0 - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

ifrosty13
Head Coach
And1: 1,362

Re: Miami Heat 2018 Offseason Thread 2.0 - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post#1941 » by ifrosty13 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:38 pm

batterybro42 wrote:
ifrosty13 wrote:LOL at SAS for mentioning what was clearly a bull report by a guy with a verified account (they give those to anyone now days apparently). Dude's defense is that free agency is gonna get crazy and that nobody knew if Lebron was in a house in Miami or Anguila or LA. Dude is a joke. I would have believed it more if they said RICH PAUL was meeting with Riley with permission from the Cavs for his people to explore trade scenarios. Meanwhile, Lebron is jumping from rocks in the Bahamas.

SAS fell for it like a moron without doing his due diligence

Or LeBron is posting old IG stories to throw the NBA off the tampering trail. A lot needs to happen in Miami if he wants to be here.

SAS is a lot of things a liar isn't one of them. He got a call not a tweet according to him. I trust the man to me he's the most credible reporter when it comes to NBA players where WOJ is the most credible to NBA players.

bro, he fell back from that report quick as hell, within minutes he took it back. It wasn't true as much as I'd love that to happen, Riley ain't getting no tampering fine for Lebron. If it was the 1st of July maybe I'd believe you, but without the Cavs permission, that would be tampering.

You actually believe that Lebron is currently in a meeting with them and saying "hold on, it's been 15 minutes let me post a gym story again". 30 min later "ok, gotta post one of my kid jumping in the water now" :crazy:
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 146,240

Post#1942 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:26 pm

Read on Twitter
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,458

Post#1943 » by Wiltside » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:59 pm

Seriously, if Kawhi gets dealt for

- Saric, Covington and a 1st
- Ingram, ??? and a 1st
- Some chit Celtics offer of picks and Brown

I'm gonna flip. We can definitely get in on this action if that's the kind of stuff being offered.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1944 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:06 am

Read on Twitter
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1945 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:08 am

Wiltside wrote:Seriously, if Kawhi gets dealt for

- Ingram, ??? and a 1st

I'm gonna flip. We can definitely get in on this action if that's the kind of stuff being offered.

At first I thought we might have a chance but realistically I don't think we have much of a chance. I'm really thinking it's LA for a package of Ingram, Kuzma, and first.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 16,144

Post#1946 » by Kobewade11 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:14 am

- Ingram, ??? and a 1st

We can trump Philly's offer. We cant top Ingram/Kuzma + picks or Boston's picks.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81,104

Post#1947 » by DayofMourning » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:19 am

- Ingram, ??? and a 1st

I think all those deals are better than what we have, Wilt.

Philly's deal is low end. They'd likely have to give up Fultz as well. RoCo is redundant with Kawhi taking his minutes. Lebron takes over at the forward spot vacated by Saric. Zhaire fills Fultz's minutes. Fultz would be the prized piece out of this deal. Doubt the low end deal gets it done.

I don't like LA's package too much, but I'd say that Ingram is ranked better than any of our prospects or a combo of such. I'd say they'd have to give up Ball or Kuzma as well, which isn't a lot if you consider Kawhi and Lebron and PG being a three headed acquisition as dominoes fall.

I think the Celts could really win out in a deal. I'm not a Brown fan, but if you pair him with another young guy or two, and that Sac pick, then you're talking.

As for us, I like our guys well enough, but we have a paucity of prime picks. SAS don't want nothing to do with a pick in the teens of next year's draft.

I think we're out, Wilt.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1948 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:36 am

Read on Twitter
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,766

Post#1949 » by QUIZ » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:50 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's 6'7" and only 21 years old. He needs to gain 15 pounds and start hitting 3's if he wants a long career but it's doable. Athleticism like that is rare.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,766

Post#1950 » by QUIZ » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:54 am

Also, Goran is making $18mill this year with a player option for $19mill next year. He's only 32, surely he can get another 3 year contract which would net him more than $19 mill total which means this might be the last season for Goran here.

I feel like it strangely doesn't get talked about. Does everyone really just expect him to opt in and wait to go contract hunting once he's 34?
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1951 » by DayofMourning » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:54 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

Teams probably trying to take him off our hands for some ****. He's our best young player, and not the guy on our roster who's a cause for concern in respect to the luxury tax. Somethings got to give, and it sure ain't JRich, Ira. Grief.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,458

Post#1952 » by Wiltside » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:56 am

DayofMourning wrote:

- Ingram, ??? and a 1st

I think all those deals are better than what we have, Wilt.

Philly's deal is low end. They'd likely have to give up Fultz as well. RoCo is redundant with Kawhi taking his minutes. Lebron takes over at the forward spot vacated by Saric. Zhaire fills Fultz's minutes. Fultz would be the prized piece out of this deal. Doubt the low end deal gets it done.

I don't like LA's package too much, but I'd say that Ingram is ranked better than any of our prospects or a combo of such. I'd say they'd have to give up Ball or Kuzma as well, which isn't a lot if you consider Kawhi and Lebron and PG being a three headed acquisition as dominoes fall.

I think the Celts could really win out in a deal. I'm not a Brown fan, but if you pair him with another young guy or two, and that Sac pick, then you're talking.

As for us, I like our guys well enough, but we have a paucity of prime picks. SAS don't want nothing to do with a pick in the teens of next year's draft.

I think we're out, Wilt.

Fair play - really depends on which direction the Spurs want to go in. If they want to be a pseudo-contender while LMA is still around, we can offer them a pretty good mix of complimentary talent and picks to keep them in the 50+ win echelon.

Agree that Boston or Philly can trump us if they want. Brown, Rozier and picks is better than just about anything we can offer realistically. Likewise Fultz, Saric and picks.

Assuming we can't get in on the action, I wouldn't hate us trying to get Lonzo out of this somehow. If we ended up dealing Dragic and getting back Ball, it'd basically be like we tanked in 16/17 anyway.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Sgt P
Sixth Man
And1: 2,552

Post#1953 » by Sgt P » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:06 am

DayofMourning wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

Teams probably trying to take him off our hands for some ****. He's our best young player, and not the guy on our roster who's a cause for concern in respect to the luxury tax. Somethings got to give, and it sure ain't JRich, Ira. Grief.

We have some of the most clueless NBA writers. Ira and Zach must just take whatever talking points and just polish & print. I can write a bot that would have more insight than these 2D thinkers or are Heat new subscribers happy with this?
" Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude." said C.P.
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,738

Post#1954 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:10 am

QUIZ wrote:Also, Goran is making $18mill this year with a player option for $19mill next year. He's only 32, surely he can get another 3 year contract which would net him more than $19 mill total which means this might be the last season for Goran here.

I feel like it strangely doesn't get talked about. Does everyone really just expect him to opt in and wait to go contract hunting once he's 34?

He definitely opts in. As crazy of the takes Feel_The_Heat makes on this board he's probably on the right side of PGs declining dramatically. I think Goran opts in for the 19mil and he probably could get a 2 year contract at around 10 or 11 million a year if his decline isn't to crazy. So pretty much in the 3 years it'll be close to 40Mil total.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1955 » by DayofMourning » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:10 am

Wiltside wrote:Fair play - really depends on which direction the Spurs want to go in. If they want to be a pseudo-contender while LMA is still around, we can offer them a pretty good mix of complimentary talent and picks to keep them in the 50+ win echelon.

Agree that Boston or Philly can trump us if they want. Brown, Rozier and picks is better than just about anything we can offer realistically. Likewise Fultz, Saric and picks.

Assuming we can't get in on the action, I wouldn't hate us trying to get Lonzo out of this somehow. If we ended up dealing Dragic and getting back Ball, it'd basically be like we tanked in 16/17 anyway.

I could see the Spurs moving LMA for whatevs from a team that can afford him. Wasn't he just on the disgruntled Spurs player train just last year?

As for us, I think we have to wait until midseason before we see movement. Hassan took a **** on his trade value with his playoffs and offseason nonsense. I think Dragic is our prime trade piece at this moment. He's a quality player, who'd fit well on a team where he could offer intangibles, efficient shooting, and playmaking ability. Him going to the Magic or Suns makes a bunch of sense in my eyes. I don't know if we could could finagle a way to move him for Ball. His salary might be pretty handicapping to the Lakers in respect to George and LBJ.

Tbh, I don't like the Ball circus anyway. His dad is just a lunatic. Ball might be the worst shooter in the league for a perimeter player at this point as well. Something we are not in need of. I think I'd rather just put Justise there in the wake of a Goran trade, and let him fluff it up until he either gets it or we move on to another G League experiment there.
MartyCONLONNN
Analyst
And1: 2,315

Post#1956 » by MartyCONLONNN » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:15 am

That SAS rumor is soo out of character. First of all he said he got ONE phone call.. so it was just one source meaning it was absolutely not properly vetted by journalistic standards. Secondly, if that were to somehow have happened they would have done it VERY privately. Now, he didn't say when it happened so this could have been before his vacation and maybe it was a private matter but his source found out about it. But still, that would be the ultimate form of tampering. Don't think either party risks that look when they can just wait or talk over the phone or through Lebron's people. Stephen A is a good reporter but I think he got trigger happy with this one. He's been the only one saying HEAT and is even pulling for Miami for whatever reason so maybe he got a little too excited :crazy:
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1957 » by DayofMourning » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:15 am

Sgt P wrote:We have some of the most clueless NBA writers. Ira and Zach must just take whatever talking points and just polish & print. I can write a bot that would have more insight than these 2D thinkers or are Heat new subscribers happy with this?

Ira just never impresses me with a quality observation. He'll pander to all the nonsense ideas (like some bull I'd come up with just for **** and giggles) and run with it.

If you wanted Rich in this past draft, it'd better have been for a quality lottery pick, not some teens or twenties nonsense just to help us get out of luxury tax proximity. Dumb nonsense.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,670

Post#1958 » by twix2500 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:15 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM mobile app
MartyCONLONNN
Analyst
And1: 2,315

Post#1959 » by MartyCONLONNN » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:18 am

twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM mobile app

Doubt he was in their longterm plans.
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,738

Post#1960 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:19 am

DayofMourning wrote:
Wiltside wrote:Fair play - really depends on which direction the Spurs want to go in. If they want to be a pseudo-contender while LMA is still around, we can offer them a pretty good mix of complimentary talent and picks to keep them in the 50+ win echelon.

I could see the Spurs moving LMA for whatevs from a team that can afford him. Wasn't he just on the disgruntled Spurs player train just last year?

Spoiler:
As for us, I think we have to wait until midseason before we see movement. Hassan took a **** on his trade value with his playoffs and offseason nonsense. I think Dragic is our prime trade piece at this moment. He's a quality player, who'd fit well on a team where he could offer intangibles, efficient shooting, and playmaking ability. Him going to the Magic or Suns makes a bunch of sense in my eyes. I don't know if we could could finagle a way to move him for Ball. His salary might be pretty handicapping to the Lakers in respect to George and LBJ.

Tbh, I don't like the Ball circus anyway. His dad is just a lunatic. Ball might be the worst shooter in the league for a perimeter player at this point as well. Something we are not in need of. I think I'd rather just put Justise there in the wake of a Goran trade, and let him fluff it up until he either gets it or we move on to another G League experiment there.

Nah I think LMA and Pop fixed their issues. I think its mostly because hes been the guy since Kawhi has been gone
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|

Return to Miami Heat