ImageImageImage

Game 19: Wed, 11/24 Heat @ MIN 8:00 PM

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda

somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Re: Game 19: Wed, 11/24 Heat @ MIN 8:00 PM 

Post#341 » by somerandomdude » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:29 am

The casual fan looks at the Heat and says, "our record is fine and we're 2nd place in the East, you're overreacting."

The fans who have been watching the Heat know that this team has problems that will prevent us from even coming close to our goals.

A change needs to be made to the starting lineup.

Let's start with the complete lack of 3pt shooting. Duncan is our only 3pt shooter and he's been off most of the season. Jimmy doesn't shoot many 3s and he's not very good at them when he does. Lowry needs to step up and knock down 3s, but he hasn't been shooting them much. And PJ can knock them down, but he's not reliable and doesn't shoot much.

Then there's just scoring altogether. If Jimmy's not doing his best MJ impression, we don't get much scoring. Bam actually had a good offensive game tonight, but still only wound up with 10 shot attempts. Meanwhile, Duncan has 16 shots, that's 6 more than Bam. And PJ Tucker is not really a scorer, so we're basically playing 4v5 on offense. 3v5 if Duncan is having an off-night, which is most nights.

Believe it or not, we're playing good enough defense to win, but we're not scoring for ****. The offensive rebounding hurt us tonight, but that's actually been pretty rare for us to get dominated on the glass.

With that said, I wanna wish everyone here a happy Thanksgiving. I hope you guys have a great day tomorrow and get to spend it with your loved ones.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 40,120

Post#342 » by KingDavid » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:40 am

MHeat0279 wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
Bam needs to develop a low post game, that midrange jumper will not cut it, because some nights the ball will not go in. Also he is the definition of Butterfingers, and that can not be fix, thats just a reflex thing. Duncan should not play, the price to pay with him on the court is not worth it.

Low post game? Nah, it's one of those things where either you got it or you don't. Bam doesn't have a post game.

He can learn and incorporate some moves, sometimes i just dont know what our training staff do. I mean the guy is screaming to learn some nifty footwork and fakes in order to score inside, but the years just go by and he doesnt improve, except that jumper he seems to have.

If Bam were a scorer that you could dump the ball to and get you baskets, then I'd be more inclined to agree that he could develop post moves. Herro can develop a post game. Not Bam, lol. That is unprecedented.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,503

Post#343 » by SA37 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:59 am

So let me see if I have this right: Bam and Butler took a combined 19 shots, while Robinson chucked up 15 3s?

And, fwiw, Malik Beasley had not scored more than 18 points in any game this year.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,861

Post#344 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:02 am

OP for NBA FT record
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 3,055

Post#345 » by dshearn » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:21 am

Tough game, really tough game.......

I was getting for real Joel Anthony flash backs with all the turnovers under the basket.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,404

Post#346 » by eddieheatfan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:33 am

somerandomdude wrote:The casual fan looks at the Heat and says, "our record is fine and we're 2nd place in the East, you're overreacting."

The fans who have been watching the Heat know that this team has problems that will prevent us from even coming close to our goals.

Let's start with the complete lack of 3pt shooting. Duncan is our only 3pt shooter and he's been off most of the season. Jimmy doesn't shoot many 3s and he's not very good at them when he does. Lowry needs to step up and knock down 3s, but he hasn't been shooting them much. And PJ can knock them down, but he's not reliable and doesn't shoot much.

Then there's just scoring altogether. If Jimmy's not doing his best MJ impression, we don't get much scoring. Bam actually had a good offensive game tonight, but still only wound up with 10 shot attempts. Meanwhile, Duncan has 16 shots, that's 6 more than Bam. And PJ Tucker is not really a scorer, so we're basically playing 4v5 on offense. 3v5 if Duncan is having an off-night, which is most nights.

Believe it or not, we're playing good enough defense to win, but we're not scoring for ****. The offensive rebounding hurt us tonight, but that's actually been pretty rare for us to get dominated on the glass.

With that said, I wanna wish everyone here a happy Thanksgiving. I hope you guys have a great day tomorrow and get to spend it with your loved ones.
adeboyo with just rebounds come on man!
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,545

Post#347 » by harlem_ball » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:05 am

eddieheatfan wrote:
somerandomdude wrote:The casual fan looks at the Heat and says, "our record is fine and we're 2nd place in the East, you're overreacting."

adeboyo with just rebounds come on man!

"Some random dude" needs to get his eyes checked. Tucker not reliable? He's absolutely killing it in his role. I can't listen to this nonsense lol

He's at 45% 3pt FGs jeezus...

Move Tucker to the 3 and play Dedman to free up Bam and the undersized problems are solved. Or move tucker to the bench and start Herro until DRob gets his rhythm back if you want 3 three point gunners on the starting lineup for spacing.

Dedmon
Bam
Tucker
Butler
Lowry

or

Dedmon
Bam
Butler
Herro
Lowry

The issue is as simple as DRob missing shots and Spo playing too many undersized lineups. The team is using all of their stamina and it is leading to iffy effort. Using more energy will not fix this and will cause more injuries. The Heat feature a power forward at center. Also, the defensive system is flawed and needs max effort to cover the 3 ball. Spo sucks for not adjusting to this. A losing streak is the only answer but this team is too talented and has too much pride.

Heat will do fine against most teams but will struggle against bigger teams until Spo gets his head out of his arse.

SPORON!
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#348 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:51 am

harlem_ball wrote:
"Some random dude" needs to get his eyes checked. Tucker not reliable? He's absolutely killing it in his role. I can't listen to this nonsense Lol

The issue is as simple as DRob missing shots and Spo playing too many undersized lineups. The team is using all of their stamina and it is leading to iffy effort. Using more energy will not fix this and will cause more injuries. The Heat feature a power forward at center. Also, the defensive system is flawed and needs max effort to cover the 3 ball. Spo sucks for not adjusting to this. A losing streak is the only answer but this team is too talented and has too much pride.

Heat will do fine against most teams but will struggle against bigger teams until Spo gets his head out of his arse.

SPORON!

I think what randomdude is saying is while PJ is shooting at a good clip, he is not a reliable scorer.
For example, he just had a great spurt of 3 games with double digit points, followed by the next two games with 3 points total. That very well could be on Spo, but that also means you can’t count on him day in and out for points.

On a similar note, Spo definitely was outcoached this game and it got me thinking... how many games have we seen from Spo where we thought “wow he did an amazing job coaching this game.” It’s a serious question, cuz I really can’t recall. I just see a bunch of games where he just continues to make the same mistakes like going ultra small and the team pays the price for it.
OP for NBA FT record
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant

Post#349 » by harlem_ball » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:56 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:
harlem_ball wrote:
"Some random dude" needs to get his eyes checked. Tucker not reliable? He's absolutely killing it in his role. I can't listen to this nonsense Lol

SPORON!

I think what randomdude is saying is while PJ is shooting at a good clip, he is not a reliable scorer.
He just had a great spurt if 3 games with double digit points, followed by the next two games with 3 points total. That very well could be on Spo, but that also means you can’t count on him day in and out for points.

On a similar note, Spo definitely was outcoached this game and it got me thinking... how many games have we seen from Spo where we thought “wow he did an amazing job coaching this game.” It’s a serious question, cuz I really can’t recall. I just see a bunch of games where he just continues to make the same mistakes like going ultra small and the team pays the price for it.

His role is not to be a reliable scorer. It's defense and corner 3s. Anything else is extra. The scorers are Butler, Herro, Bam, Lowry and Duncan for 3s. This is known and obvious.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#350 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:57 am

harlem_ball wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:
harlem_ball wrote:

SPORON!

He just had a great spurt if 3 games with double digit points, followed by the next two games with 3 points total. That very well could be on Spo, but that also means you can’t count on him day in and out for points.

His role is not to be a reliable scorer. It's defense and corner 3s. Anything else is extra. The scorers are Butler, Herro, Bam, Lowry and Duncan for 3s. This is known and obvious.

So you agree with him then.
OP for NBA FT record
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant

Post#351 » by harlem_ball » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:59 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:
harlem_ball wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:

If that's what he means then yeah. But Tucker is not the problem, if anything he's been better than expected. He has been reliable in his role he's just not a "reliable volume scorer" i guess. If that's what he meant then ok.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#352 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:25 am

harlem_ball wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:
harlem_ball wrote:

If that's what he means then yeah. But Tucker is not the problem, if anything he's been better than expected.

somerandomdude wrote: And PJ can knock them down, but he's not reliable and doesn't shoot much... And PJ Tucker is not really a scorer, so we're basically playing 4v5 on offense. 3v5 if Duncan is having an off-night, which is most nights.

I don’t see where he said he was a problem, but he is calling for a change to the starting lineup, which I think is a good idea. This team is sorely lacking in scoring and a good bit of that is on Spo, but a lineup change won’t hurt either. Personally, I think the person to take out is D Rob

Interesting stat, the Heat rank last in blocks per game, but also teams have more 3PA against them than any other team. That to me indicates teams see the way to beat the Heat is on the perimeter. Doing so puts more of the defensive onus on the perimeter players like D Rob and I think partially explains why he is shooting sub par (his legs are tired).
OP for NBA FT record
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant

Post#353 » by harlem_ball » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:31 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:
harlem_ball wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:

If that's what he means then yeah. But Tucker is not the problem, if anything he's been better than expected.

somerandomdude wrote: And PJ can knock them down, but he's not reliable and doesn't shoot much... And PJ Tucker is not really a scorer, so we're basically playing 4v5 on offense. 3v5 if Duncan is having an off-night, which is most nights.

I don’t see where he said he was a problem, but he is calling for a change to the starting lineup, which I think is a good idea. This team is sorely lacking in scoring and a good bit of that is on Spo, but a lineup change won’t hurt either. Personally, I think the person to take out is D Rob

Interesting stat, the Heat rank last in blocks per game, but also teams have more 3PA against them than any other team. That to me indicates teams see the way to beat the Heat is on the perimeter. Doing so puts more of the defensive onus on the perimeter players like D Rob and I think partially explains why he is shooting sub par (his legs are tired).

It's spo switching scheme. The whole league exploits it successfully with open 3s. It's ridiculous already. Neither Herro nor Duncan starting will effect that, you just have to hope they miss and Heat make. :noway:
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant

Post#354 » by harlem_ball » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:36 am

Bam's stats are good but he's not an anchor of a defense. He is averaging 0.4 blocks per game. His career worst. This is why I would use Dedmon at the 5. Dedmon can hit the occasional 3 and pull the opposing Center out of Bam's way as well as give you better defense against bigs. A Turner-lite, perhaps.

Bam could slide to the 4, free to destroy and Herro, Butler and Lowry would be free to gamble on D a little more since the paint would be protected. Herro doesn't mind a clogged paint to score since he's a shooter.
T-wOlvEs 420
Pro Prospect
And1: 165

Post#355 » by T-wOlvEs 420 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:52 pm

I come in peace. What a game last night. As a wolves fan, it's always nice to show up Jimmy. Jimmy was being harassed last night by our fans, was fun to watch.
That dunk by ANT was no foul either.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 16,511

Post#356 » by Kobewade11 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:28 pm

T-wOlvEs 420 wrote:I come in peace. What a game last night. As a wolves fan, it's always nice to show up Jimmy. Jimmy was being harassed last night by our fans, was fun to watch.

Ok bye.
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,520

Post#357 » by miamiballer » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:32 pm

I was at the game and it was intense

Not sure why this seemed like a finals game for wolves fans but they were celebrating like they won the ship :nonono: and man they really went at it with Jimmy butler
Eagle4
Sixth Man
And1: 2,026

Post#358 » by Eagle4 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:43 pm

T-wOlvEs 420 wrote:I come in peace. What a game last night. As a wolves fan, it's always nice to show up Jimmy. Jimmy was being harassed last night by our fans, was fun to watch.

This was your championship game. Never seen a fanbase gloat so much about a regular season. Embarrassing, game was over 14hrs ago Jesus.
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,437

Post#359 » by MHeat0279 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:49 pm

KingDavid wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
KingDavid wrote:Low post game? Nah, it's one of those things where either you got it or you don't. Bam doesn't have a post game.

He can learn and incorporate some moves, sometimes i just dont know what our training staff do. I mean the guy is screaming to learn some nifty footwork and fakes in order to score inside, but the years just go by and he doesnt improve, except that jumper he seems to have.

If Bam were a scorer that you could dump the ball to and get you baskets, then I'd be more inclined to agree that he could develop post moves. Herro can develop a post game. Not Bam, lol. That is unprecedented.

So according to you, Bam will never be able to play in the post? Will he be able to learn and practice some moves? Maybe you think if you are borned without such skill you will never be able to learn it. Maybe not to perfection but for sure you can become serviceable at it. As of right now he doesnt have the slightest clue how to operate on the post.
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,933

Post#360 » by Tony15 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:17 pm

Schedule loss. Jimmy/Bam weren't nearly aggressive enough....we were on the back end of back-to-back before Thanksgiving. Frankly the NBA was very unkind to us with the schedule. So far we've played 7 home games.....12 road games with one more coming up @CHI.

Return to Miami Heat