ImageImageImage

Trade them before they get exposed next year, while their value is all-time high.

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

RonaldSeikaly
Sophomore
And1: 99

Re: Trade them before they get exposed next year, while their value is all-time high. 

Post#41 » by RonaldSeikaly » Fri May 28, 2021 12:36 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Read my posts in this thread.

Someone tell the HEAT they have a genius fan in their ranks and should hire me as a consultant.

IF you want to point to one moment during this past year, that was crucial... was the James Harden situation.

We were destined to get exposed this year, I said as much. Last year was an obvious cinderella run. But all of it could have been prevented if we got Harden.

We should have offered Duncan Robinson, Tyler Herro, basically anyone not named Bam and Jimmy..... and same amount of draft picks. Those draft picks would be 29th-30th overall anyway if we had Harden-Jimmy-Bam, as we would have been locks for the Finals outta the Eastern conference for the next 3 years.

Instead we overvalued our guys and assets and didn't beat BRKLYN's offer.

We never were able to piece together a package to get Harden. They wanted picks or players that could develop into superstars. Unless we would be willing to include bam we just don’t have it.

What it did expose is that our fan base (myself included) were way too high on our prospects and it’s going to take a miracle to get a 3rd star.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,416

Re: Trade them before they get exposed next year, while their value is all-time high. 

Post#42 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Fri May 28, 2021 1:24 pm

RonaldSeikaly wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Read my posts in this thread.

Someone tell the HEAT they have a genius fan in their ranks and should hire me as a consultant.

IF you want to point to one moment during this past year, that was crucial... was the James Harden situation.

We were destined to get exposed this year, I said as much. Last year was an obvious cinderella run. But all of it could have been prevented if we got Harden.

We should have offered Duncan Robinson, Tyler Herro, basically anyone not named Bam and Jimmy..... and same amount of draft picks. Those draft picks would be 29th-30th overall anyway if we had Harden-Jimmy-Bam, as we would have been locks for the Finals outta the Eastern conference for the next 3 years.

Instead we overvalued our guys and assets and didn't beat BRKLYN's offer.

We never were able to piece together a package to get Harden. They wanted picks or players that could develop into superstars. Unless we would be willing to include bam we just don’t have it.

What it did expose is that our fan base (myself included) were way too high on our prospects and it’s going to take a miracle to get a 3rd star.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're a gentleman, a man's man. Able to admit when you were wrong. Props to you sir.

It's hard for me because I saw all of this coming, as evidenced in this thread, and I am powerless to stop it.

If anyone has connections to the Heat FO, tell them they have a genius fan that's been calling it since the 2010s.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016

Return to Miami Heat