ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 5.0 - Somebody save us

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda

Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 959

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 5.0 - Somebody save us 

Post#41 » by Pokuokic » Tue Feb 6, 2024 9:26 am

Simone would be a great fit as the starting SG the guy is tough as hell and excellent spot up shooter and decent athlete he's a more talented Duncan and is in his prime (I think hes like 26-28 range) the guy has big time experience in pressure situations from the Euroleague as well. If you move Duncan Fontecchio is a easy replacement plug and play guy who does not need the ball and defends better than every SG not named Highsmith/Martin.
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,967

Post#42 » by dshearn » Tue Feb 6, 2024 9:59 am

Pokuokic wrote:Unless the Heat can get a legit 2nd option they are cooked, they are giving insane money to two role players in Bam/Herro and Scary

I think there is some truth to that...

Not that I think Bam is a role player, but I think Bam is treated or chooses to fill the role of a role player far.....farrrrr....to often.

I am very pro-spo......

but dude come on

The wheels are falling off this year.

We have heard over and over one of the secrets to Miami turning nobodies into somebodies is players know their role when they come to Miami....and we are seeing what looks like a bunch of dudes running up and down the court with no idea what the are suppose to be doing.

I am going to die on this hill, but to me the best this team has look was with Bam, love/jovic, JJJ and Duncan on the floor at the same time. They knew what they wanted to do....Bam looked great, Love looked great, Jovic looked good, JJJ looked great and Duncan looked like an actual weapon.

I don't want to trade anyone, but it seems as soon as Herro and Jimmy got healthy again...crap fell apart. I don't think he is because there is no way to play dudes with Herro and Jimmy....I really think it is because it is easier to just give those dudes the ball and ask them to make something happen. I don't think this team is talented enough to just waste possessions letting someone try to make something happen...this team needs to have a deliberate structured plan to move the ball around.

We simply should not waste a lot of time with the ball stopping, whether that is with Herro or jimmy. Keep the ball moving.
dubasilva
Junior
And1: 448

Post#43 » by dubasilva » Tue Feb 6, 2024 11:16 am

dshearn wrote:
Pokuokic wrote:Unless the Heat can get a legit 2nd option they are cooked, they are giving insane money to two role players in Bam/Herro and Scary

Not that I think Bam is a role player, but I think Bam is treated or chooses to fill the role of a role player far.....farrrrr....to often.

I am very pro-spo......

but dude come on

We have heard over and over one of the secrets to Miami turning nobodies into somebodies is players know their role when they come to Miami....and we are seeing what looks like a bunch of dudes running up and down the court with no idea what the are suppose to be doing.

I am going to die on this hill, but to me the best this team has look was with Bam, love/jovic, JJJ and Duncan on the floor at the same time. They knew what they wanted to do....Bam looked great, Love looked great, Jovic looked good, JJJ looked great and Duncan looked like an actual weapon.

I don't want to trade anyone, but it seems as soon as Herro and Jimmy got healthy again...crap fell apart. I don't think he is because there is no way to play dudes with Herro and Jimmy....I really think it is because it is easier to just give those dudes the ball and ask them to make something happen. I don't think this team is talented enough to just waste possessions letting someone try to make something happen...this team needs to have a deliberate structured plan to move the ball around.

We simply should not waste a lot of time with the ball stopping, whether that is with Herro or jimmy. Keep the ball moving.

It might be the best thing to do, just keep moving.

However, I think Spo (and I love Spo) needs to make a point and manage this team. It must return to being a unified unit playing Miami Heat basketball. Defense, dedication, hard work.

Moving forward, we can try to make moves after this season. The Heat doesn't have a Championship core. It needs to be reviewed again, and hopefully, we can move some pieces to build a team that plays our style of basketball.

Spo also needs to review his concepts and understand that the game changes. Teams are drafting 7'6" kids with PG skills. Small ball will not win a title.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 146,635

Post#44 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Feb 6, 2024 12:39 pm

Heat twitter doing it’s best to trade Caleb Martin for much worse players on similar deals who would also be expiring or just keep us in the same situation if he opts in cause it’s taboo to even whisper Duncan’s name in trade talks. Jablonka and Sean are notorious offenders.

Barry came out with a great article how’s it’s pretty much non sense the narrative going around of the pressing need to deal Martin. Like i said before, Martin is a house money player at 6.8 million. He’s exactly the value high upside player that needs to be kept on the roster for a team looking to make another miracle run at the finals. Martin proved capable last year in the ECF of pulling a rabbit out of his ass when we needed him the most.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#45 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Feb 6, 2024 12:40 pm

dubasilva wrote:
dshearn wrote:

I am very pro-spo......

but dude come on

It might be the best thing to do, just keep moving.

However, I think Spo (and I love Spo) needs to make a point and manage this team. It must return to being a unified unit playing Miami Heat basketball. Defense, dedication, hard work.

Moving forward, we can try to make moves after this season. The Heat doesn't have a Championship core. It needs to be reviewed again, and hopefully, we can move some pieces to build a team that plays our style of basketball.

Spo also needs to review his concepts and understand that the game changes. Teams are drafting 7'6" kids with PG skills. Small ball will not win a title.

Spo is our modern day Mike D’Antoni.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,317

Post#46 » by BBallFreak » Tue Feb 6, 2024 12:45 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Martin Bryant dru Jovic for Royce and DSJ

Herro and a 2nd for Sexton KO and a 1st. Or sexton and Hendricks, sexton and KO, sexton and Dunn and/or fonteccio

Rozier/DSJ/Bouyea
Sexton/Duncan/Cain
Jimmy/Jrich/JJJ
Bam/Royce/Highsmith
KO/Love/Orlando

Nets might as well get an asset for the expiring Royce and DSJ so there’s Jovic. Ainge loves Herro, something can be worked out there. I feel like Utah and Brooklyn are 2 of the best if not the best trade partners out there for us. Have thought that all year
Your first trade is solid.

The trades that follow shaft Utah. Sexton, KO, and a first probably fetches them a good bit more than Herro. Sexton alone probably has more value than Herro right now.
dubasilva
Junior

Post#47 » by dubasilva » Tue Feb 6, 2024 12:45 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
dubasilva wrote:
dshearn wrote:

Spo is our modern day Mike D’Antoni.

LOL true
But, Spo won NBA titles.
dubasilva
Junior

Post#48 » by dubasilva » Tue Feb 6, 2024 12:47 pm

BBallFreak wrote:

Herro and a 2nd for Sexton KO and a 1st. Or sexton and Hendricks, sexton and KO, sexton and Dunn and/or fonteccio

Rozier/DSJ/Bouyea
Sexton/Duncan/Cain
Jimmy/Jrich/JJJ
Bam/Royce/Highsmith
KO/Love/Orlando

Nets might as well get an asset for the expiring Royce and DSJ so there’s Jovic. Ainge loves Herro, something can be worked out there. I feel like Utah and Brooklyn are 2 of the best if not the best trade partners out there for us. Have thought that all year

The trades that follow shaft Utah. Sexton, KO, and a first probably fetches them a good bit more than Herro. Sexton alone probably has more value than Herro right now.

The challenge to make this happen is called Danny Ainge :crazy:
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#49 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Feb 6, 2024 12:51 pm

dubasilva wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
dubasilva wrote:Spo is our modern day Mike D’Antoni.

LOL true
But, Spo won NBA titles.

He’s evolved into full blown D’Antoni. His championship with “small ball” wasn’t really small ball.
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,595

Post#50 » by fishfuego. » Tue Feb 6, 2024 12:52 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
fishfuego. wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
I mean if you suck you suck though, you shouldn’t be gifted a starting spot based on contract alone. Hes not a good fit either with Terry being the only PG, he’s literally the odd man out

Herro doesn’t “suck”. It is a stretch he’s going through.
Bam is going through a stretch now, does he “suck as well? Of course not.
We as fans need to complement our player for the sake of trade value. If we continue with such hateful negative vibes, what do you think other fan bases would feel taking on our players.

He’s got a 5 year stretch of being an inefficient chucker and not being a good fit in the starting lineup.

Bam yes is going through a rough stretch after carrying the first 40 games of the season, that’s a legit stretch. He also impacts the game far more outside of scoring which he has been rebounding defending and playmaking at an elite level regardless of the shaky scoring stretch. Herro is in no way comparable to Bam, Bam is tiers and tiers above him as a player so I’m not sure what you were getting at with that one

The point is to uplift the value of our players for the sake of better returns. If we go all out hating on the player, we’re not getting a return. It’s pretty simple.

Bam then sucked for years by being one dimensional by such logic. And again, Herro doesn’t suck, but he is imo to excel more coming off the bench, as that “ chucker” won the 6 man award.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#51 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Feb 6, 2024 12:59 pm

dubasilva wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:

Rozier/DSJ/Bouyea
Sexton/Duncan/Cain
Jimmy/Jrich/JJJ
Bam/Royce/Highsmith
KO/Love/Orlando

It’s a shame Utah has so many useful expiring players that we could use that are all controlled by Ainge. I could only imagine Ainge getting called by us and giving us the ole “I’ll get back to you” then hangs up smirks while saying phuck the Heat lol

BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,317

Post#52 » by BBallFreak » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:12 pm

dubasilva wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:

Rozier/DSJ/Bouyea
Sexton/Duncan/Cain
Jimmy/Jrich/JJJ
Bam/Royce/Highsmith
KO/Love/Orlando

And the fact that we legit come short on value.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#53 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:19 pm

Pulled from Heat Reddit

I have seen a few posts about heat-jazz trade ideas; I don’t know if you all are aware that Danny Ainge and Pat Riley hate each other.
emoji:vice_logo: Discussion
Not sure you guys are aware but Danny Ainge and Pat Riley absolutely despise each other.

As recently as 2013, Ainge said “…I don’t care about Pat Riley. He can say whatever he wants. I don’t want to mess up his Armani suits and that hair goop…” this was in response to a PR issued statement from Pat Riley that said “Danny Ainge needs to shut the **** up and manage his own team.” Riley was responding to Ainge’s criticism of Lebron for complaining to the refs a lot.

This wasnt a new beef. Riley snatching Ray Allen from the Celtics left a sour taste in Danny’s mouth (as a Celtics fan, I was devastated, now imagine the GM). They also have a history of beef from the 80s.

All this leads me to say that I would be absolutely shocked if Ainge made a deal with Riley. The offer would have to be so big that Danny would be forced by the owners to do it.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,673

Post#54 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:27 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Heat twitter doing it’s best to trade Caleb Martin for much worse players on similar deals who would also be expiring or just keep us in the same situation if he opts in cause it’s taboo to even whisper Duncan’s name in trade talks. Jablonka and Sean are notorious offenders.

Barry came out with a great article how’s it’s pretty much non sense the narrative going around of the pressing need to deal Martin. Like i said before, Martin is a house money player at 6.8 million. He’s exactly the value high upside player that needs to be kept on the roster for a team looking to make another miracle run at the finals. Martin proved capable last year in the ECF of pulling a rabbit out of his ass when we needed him the most.

Jablonka doesn’t know ball so it’s good to just ignore any takes he has, he just posts solid numbers sometimes but the dude is a grown man who said he didn’t even witness the big 3 era because he didn’t watch basketball back then lol.

Isn’t Sean one of Realgms finest tho?!?!
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#55 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:29 pm

BBallFreak wrote:

Rozier/DSJ/Bouyea
Sexton/Duncan/Cain
Jimmy/Jrich/JJJ
Bam/Royce/Highsmith
KO/Love/Orlando

You may be right, I just know Sexton KO and Clarkson are available and Ainge loves Herro. I think there is something there possibly. I like those 2 teams a lot as trade partners
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#56 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:30 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
dubasilva wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:

LOL true
But, Spo won NBA titles.

He’s evolved into full blown D’Antoni. His championship with “small ball” wasn’t really small ball.

He’s the anti-dantoni, he can’t coach an offense to save his life lol we need someone in here that can help
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#57 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:31 pm

fishfuego. wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
fishfuego. wrote:
Herro doesn’t “suck”. It is a stretch he’s going through.
Bam is going through a stretch now, does he “suck as well? Of course not.
We as fans need to complement our player for the sake of trade value. If we continue with such hateful negative vibes, what do you think other fan bases would feel taking on our players.

He’s got a 5 year stretch of being an inefficient chucker and not being a good fit in the starting lineup.

Bam yes is going through a rough stretch after carrying the first 40 games of the season, that’s a legit stretch. He also impacts the game far more outside of scoring which he has been rebounding defending and playmaking at an elite level regardless of the shaky scoring stretch. Herro is in no way comparable to Bam, Bam is tiers and tiers above him as a player so I’m not sure what you were getting at with that one

The point is to uplift the value of our players for the sake of better returns. If we go all out hating on the player, we’re not getting a return. It’s pretty simple.

Bam then sucked for years by being one dimensional by such logic. And again, Herro doesn’t suck, but he is imo to excel more coming off the bench, as that “ chucker” won the 6 man award.

RealGM isn’t effecting player values in the nba lmao.

Bam has never been 1 dimensional in his career, Tyler always has.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#58 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:37 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Pulled from Heat Reddit

I have seen a few posts about heat-jazz trade ideas; I don’t know if you all are aware that Danny Ainge and Pat Riley hate each other.
Not sure you guys are aware but Danny Ainge and Pat Riley absolutely despise each other.

As recently as 2013, Ainge said “…I don’t care about Pat Riley. He can say whatever he wants. I don’t want to mess up his Armani suits and that hair goop…” this was in response to a PR issued statement from Pat Riley that said “Danny Ainge needs to shut the **** up and manage his own team.” Riley was responding to Ainge’s criticism of Lebron for complaining to the refs a lot.

This wasnt a new beef. Riley snatching Ray Allen from the Celtics left a sour taste in Danny’s mouth (as a Celtics fan, I was devastated, now imagine the GM). They also have a history of beef from the 80s.

All this leads me to say that I would be absolutely shocked if Ainge made a deal with Riley. The offer would have to be so big that Danny would be forced by the owners to do it.

We literally traded with Danny a year after this by the way :lol:

I just looked back at the trade, 3 team deal with the Celtics warriors and Heat, marshon brooks and Jordan Crawford to the Celtics, Toney Douglas to the Heat, Joel Anthony a 2nd and a 1st out from Miami. Why the FUXK did we trade a 1st for Toney Douglas?

This Ainge stuff is overblown
#FreeBam
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#59 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:38 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:

Rozier/DSJ/Bouyea
Sexton/Duncan/Cain
Jimmy/Jrich/JJJ
Bam/Royce/Highsmith
KO/Love/Orlando

You may be right, I just know Sexton KO and Clarkson are available and Ainge loves Herro. I think there is something there possibly. I like those 2 teams a lot as trade partners

You know who loves Herro too? Patrick James Riley lol. He’s not going to trade Herro to Ainge unless it’s for Lauri Mark.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#60 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:40 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Pulled from Heat Reddit

We literally traded with Danny a year after this by the way :lol:

I just looked back at the trade, 3 team deal with the Celtics warriors and Heat, marshon brooks and Jordan Crawford to the Celtics, Toney Douglas to the Heat, Joel Anthony a 2nd and a 1st out from Miami. Why the FUXK did we trade a 1st for Toney Douglas?

This Ainge stuff is overblown

Looks like we over paid lol

Return to Miami Heat