ImageImageImage

Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,476

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#401 » by gom » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:36 pm

On Draft Day I was upset that we drafted him at #14, believing him to be available in the 20s.

I already know I was wrong.

We still should have bought a second round pick last season, though, especially since this season we have to pay the ransom money to the Mavericks to take McRoberts away. No picks at all for us this season. (I hope.)
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,949

Post#402 » by Bishop45 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:50 pm

2 things I didn't think he could do that he's disproven is move and dribble. Hasn't shown the prominent TT intangibles but also feel confident that TT could never move or dribble like Bam has shown he can. Want to see him attacking straight lines like Draymond, learning to shoot and pass to become a similar perimeter threat as Dray seems like a stretch but definitely something he can grow into. Dray gets to the line really well for a big with limited offensive skills, while Bam probably doesn't have much of a shot at being a similar playmaker, he can toe similar lines offensively I think
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,806

Post#403 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:59 pm

IF, and that's a big if, he can get to the line at a similar rate as he does now, that's an elite aspect he brings in day 1.

Add the high FT% he seem to already have...youv'e got a great start.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
rate_
Analyst
And1: 8,250

Post#404 » by rate_ » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:28 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:IF, and that's a big if, he can get to the line at a similar rate as he does now, that's an elite aspect he brings in day 1.

Add the high FT% he seem to already have...youv'e got a great start.

Bam definitely has some offensive potential. He can get to the line at will because he is aggressive and has great footwork both facing up and back-to-the basket. Has a nice left (hasn't been displayed yet) and right hook as well.

Great motor, and a freight train in the open court, while having a lot of finesse in his game for a guy built like a tank. Shooting mechanics is good and appears consistent with range (unlike Winslow). He just seems to lack confidence in it right now.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 146,347

Post#405 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:00 am

Read on Twitter

bisco614
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#406 » by bisco614 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:55 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

Impressive! He's definitely raw in some facets of the game, but the potential is there. I think he's in a perfect situation for us because right now I don't think he really merits more than 10 min a game as a backup center, but with out depth we don't need to push him out there before he's ready. He can develop slowly.
ElDoggo
Veteran
And1: 6,581

Post#407 » by ElDoggo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:27 am

noo way this guy is 19
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,302

Post#408 » by goodboy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:45 am

Already feel like > Winslow to me.

My opinion.
Bright
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 40,014

Post#409 » by KingDavid » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:36 pm

HeatWillRise wrote:Already feel like > Winslow to me.

My opinion.

Wait for preseason. He's getting a lot of calls and bouncing around summer league dudes. Idk how that is going to look against NBA bodies. But that's where a large portion of his scoring comes from. He has NOT shown reliability in space to knock down the j consistently.

EDIT: Forgot "not". His j hasn't been falling and boy I dislike his face up jumper with a defender in his face. Wish I could see him do some pick and pops.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
rate_
Analyst

Post#410 » by rate_ » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:11 pm

KingDavid wrote:

My opinion.

Wait for preseason. He's getting a lot of calls and bouncing around summer league dudes. Idk how that is going to look against NBA bodies. But that's where a large portion of his scoring comes from. He has NOT shown reliability in space to knock down the j consistently.

EDIT: Forgot "not". His j hasn't been falling and boy I dislike his face up jumper with a defender in his face. Wish I could see him do some pick and pops.

The main reason why his shot isn't as much a worry to a lot of people as opposed to Winslow's is because with Bam it is about confidence. With Winslow it is clearly about mechanics. Bam's mechanics looks much more fluid and consistent when he extends his range, while Winslow's looks far different when he goes from shooting 15 feet out to shooting 23 feet out.
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,967

Post#411 » by dshearn » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:02 pm

KingDavid wrote:

My opinion.

I agree.... I wish it fell as consistent at it looks like it should fall.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#412 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:10 pm

KingDavid wrote:

My opinion.

It's not going to look much different. His FTR(free-throw rate) should be around 50% his rookie season. That's 5 free-throw attempts every 10 shot attempts. Also, Cousins' fg% was 33% in his 1st summer league (31-93).
FinNasty
Veteran
And1: 2,806

Post#413 » by FinNasty » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:39 pm

What is Bam's FG% this summer league if you take out that 1 game at 8am in the morning where he went 1-10 or something terrible?
rate_
Analyst

Post#414 » by rate_ » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:08 pm

FinNasty wrote:What is Bam's FG% this summer league if you take out that 1 game at 8am in the morning where he went 1-10 or something terrible?

Bam's summer league field goal % (minus his 1/10 FG game) = 31/74, or 41.9% FG

His overall true shooting percentage for the summer league is actually 51.9% which is about average. Bigs drafted ahead of him like Zach Collins shot 34.7% TS in the summer league.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,949

Post#415 » by Bishop45 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:04 pm

If you step by the clickbait title, there's a lot of good fluff stuff in this article. Most of the stuff in his DX strenghs video but more specific numbers/ play breakdown; http://fansided.com/2017/05/12/bam-adebayo-2017-nba-draft-limited-skills-first/

Find it interesting that the center of Heat's interest in players this FA was mostly stretch 5's (Ibaka, Muscala, Olynyk), especially the interest in Ibaka who's the most expensive out of the group. Going from Ibaka to Olynyk seems like a focus in scheme. Bam's raw tools as a potential stretch 5 could be what Heat envisioned for him

If he could shoot 30%+ then I'm fine with it. Want to see him attack in transition year 1 and refining whatever handle he has

Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,967

Post#416 » by dshearn » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Bishop45 wrote:If you step by the clickbait title, there's a lot of good fluff stuff in this article. Most of the stuff in his DX strenghs video but more specific numbers/ play breakdown; http://fansided.com/2017/05/12/bam-adebayo-2017-nba-draft-limited-skills-first/

Find it interesting that the center of Heat's interest in players this FA was mostly stretch 5's (Ibaka, Muscala, Olynyk), especially the interest in Ibaka who's the most expensive out of the group. Going from Ibaka to Olynyk seems like a focus in scheme. Bam's raw tools as a potential stretch 5 could be what Heat envisioned for him

If he could shoot 30%+ then I'm fine with it. Want to see him attack in transition year 1 and refining whatever handle he has

we tease a tad over the TT reference, but I think we all agree that we WANT Bam to be as dominant around the basket as TT is.

We all watched Bosh get a reduction in role as a stretch.... I hope Bam is MORE than that
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#417 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:31 pm

My opinion.

i have more faith in BAM getting a nice J than winslow :)

bam looks like the kind of versatile big that is perfect for todays NBA
FinNasty
Veteran
And1: 2,806

Post#418 » by FinNasty » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:40 pm

Any chance he plays tonight? Or have they officially shut him down?
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,616

Post#419 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:47 pm

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:

My opinion.

I didn't know they smoked weed!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81,186

Post#420 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:04 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Heat_Fan_87 wrote:

My opinion.

I didn't know they smoked weed!

Yeah, looks like Bam took his spot.

Return to Miami Heat