ImageImageImage

MIEMI HEATS, v. BUCKS. 2/13/24, 8PM!!!!!

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 148,480

Re: MIEMI HEATS, v. BUCKS. 2/13/24, 8PM!!!!! 

Post#521 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:53 am

IceColdCubano wrote:
fishfuego. wrote:In the post game, Spo is asked about the lineups, mentions every single player from Bam to Highsmith, and not even once Jovic…. WTF!!!

He wants zero Hype for Jovic, cause we all know the moment Rozier and Jimmy are back, Caleb and Jagsmith need their minutes so the only spot for them is PF with little minutes at the SF. You saw players today playing their natural position, that won't happen when we get our guys healthy again, sorry but it is what it is.

This makes me so furious
Bmaster
Sophomore
And1: 260

Post#522 » by Bmaster » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:53 am

IceColdCubano wrote:
fishfuego. wrote:In the post game, Spo is asked about the lineups, mentions every single player from Bam to Highsmith, and not even once Jovic…. WTF!!!

He wants zero Hype for Jovic, cause we all know the moment Rozier and Jimmy are back, Caleb and Jagsmith need their minutes so the only spot for them is PF with little minutes at the SF. You saw players today playing their natural position, that won't happen when we get our guys healthy again, sorry but it is what it is.

Can't matchup with bucks with highsmith starting at pf. Just force Jovic at pf no matter what
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,709

Post#523 » by Flash4thewin » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:56 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
dshearn wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
I love Spo but the disregard for size is some weird ****.

same.....

The last time we looked "good" for any stretch was the last time Bam/Love/jovic got on the court in pairs...

That forces other guys down the position chart....

size matters.....

SIZE MATTERS SPO

-Nikki Spo’s final words after divorce :lol:

Post of the night :lol:

All joking aside what is it with Spo and his inability to play players with size in there natural position. Is Jovic now dating his ex wife? thats the only reason I can see for Spo being this foolish.
Bmaster
Sophomore
And1: 260

Post#524 » by Bmaster » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:57 am

Flash4thewin wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
dshearn wrote:same.....

The last time we looked "good" for any stretch was the last time Bam/Love/jovic got on the court in pairs...

That forces other guys down the position chart....

size matters.....

SIZE MATTERS SPO
I
-Nikki Spo’s final words after divorce :lol:

Post of the night :lol:

All joking aside what is it with Spo and his inability to play players with size in there natural position. Is Jovic now dating his ex wife? thats the only reason I can see for Spo being this foolish.

I am okay if he wants to play Jovic at pg. He looked great handling ball tonight.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 148,480

Post#525 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:57 am

Duncan needs to wear the black compression shirt ROS
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,595

Post#526 » by fishfuego. » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:58 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
El Alonzo scowl wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:I really want us to sign another PG. That’s really the more pressing need. We have bigs as long as Spo continues to play them

I want the following to be our 9 man rotation going forward:

Bigs: Bam, Jovic, Love
SF: Jimmy and Jaime
SG: Herro and Duncan
PG: Rozier and whoever we sign to back him up

No more undrafteds except Duncan and no more undersized swingmen playing power forward.

It’s not rocket science. Just keep things simple. Problem is at first sign of trouble he’ll want to revert back. He’ll go seven game losing streak with small ball but if Jovic misses a rotation he’ll be sent to the shadow realm

Yup, imagine that type of treatment where you are under a microscope unlike every other player, and then sent to the GL expected to play at a higher level :nonono: At that point your confidence is shot, GLeague or not.
Props to Niko for not faltering.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 73,383

Post#527 » by Wiltside » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:10 am

Best game of the season? Gotta be close.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,595

Post#528 » by fishfuego. » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:12 am

Wiltside wrote:Best game of the season? Gotta be close.

Best game IMO.
Finally a game worth a rewatch.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#529 » by Wiltside » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:19 am

BishOP really came through with the goods in this one.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,709

Post#530 » by Flash4thewin » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:23 am

fishfuego. wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
El Alonzo scowl wrote:I want the following to be our 9 man rotation going forward:

Bigs: Bam, Jovic, Love
SF: Jimmy and Jaime
SG: Herro and Duncan
PG: Rozier and whoever we sign to back him up

No more undrafteds except Duncan and no more undersized swingmen playing power forward.

It’s not rocket science. Just keep things simple. Problem is at first sign of trouble he’ll want to revert back. He’ll go seven game losing streak with small ball but if Jovic misses a rotation he’ll be sent to the shadow realm

Yup, imagine that type of treatment where you are under a microscope unlike every other player, and then sent to the GL expected to play at a higher level :nonono: At that point your confidence is shot, GLeague or not.
Props to Niko for not faltering.

He is surviving the Beasley treatment thus far.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 40,120

Post#531 » by KingDavid » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:41 am

Watching Dame playing basketball in a Bucks uniform reminds me of a guy who is being reluctantly dragged to a theater by his wife or girlfriend to watch a chick flick. He'll go, but he doesn't really want to be there and it's obvious that his head and his heart isn't into it.

I said it the 1st week of November and I will say it again now almost 4 months later. Dame's problem is he doesn't want to be here. I also don't think Dame is a guy who is serious about winning a championship, he says he is and he talks a big game, but his actions speak a lot louder than his words.

Dame was hell bent on going to Miami because he was about to get a divorce and he wanted to go party and bang models.

But he ended up in Milwaukee.

This isn't that hard to figure out.

I don't think Dame is consciously thinking I'm going to shoot 7-26 and give 0 effort on defense because I would rather be partying Miami.

But his head and his heart just isn't into it, it's obvious. It was obvious to me by the 1st week of November.

Even last summer, long before there was any thought of Dame being traded to the Bucks, I thought it was actually really odd that Dame was so hell bent on being traded to Miami and no where else. I could see Miami being on a list, but why only Miami?

Obviously, I know why now.

The only hope is that maybe Dame at least sucks it up and actually plays like Dame in the playoffs. I doubt it though.

Good lord. I didn't know Dame was playing that badly and giving off that kind of body language. I straight up thought it was going to be a loss for them because of a b2b against a rested albeit injured team and playing without Middleton.

Had no clue this was transpiring.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 38,372

Post#532 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:44 am

KingDavid wrote:
Watching Dame playing basketball in a Bucks uniform reminds me of a guy who is being reluctantly dragged to a theater by his wife or girlfriend to watch a chick flick. He'll go, but he doesn't really want to be there and it's obvious that his head and his heart isn't into it.

I said it the 1st week of November and I will say it again now almost 4 months later. Dame's problem is he doesn't want to be here. I also don't think Dame is a guy who is serious about winning a championship, he says he is and he talks a big game, but his actions speak a lot louder than his words.

Dame was hell bent on going to Miami because he was about to get a divorce and he wanted to go party and bang models.

But he ended up in Milwaukee.

This isn't that hard to figure out.

I don't think Dame is consciously thinking I'm going to shoot 7-26 and give 0 effort on defense because I would rather be partying Miami.

But his head and his heart just isn't into it, it's obvious. It was obvious to me by the 1st week of November.

Even last summer, long before there was any thought of Dame being traded to the Bucks, I thought it was actually really odd that Dame was so hell bent on being traded to Miami and no where else. I could see Miami being on a list, but why only Miami?

Obviously, I know why now.

The only hope is that maybe Dame at least sucks it up and actually plays like Dame in the playoffs. I doubt it though.

Good lord. I didn't know Dame was playing that badly and giving off that kind of body language. I straight up thought it was going to be a loss for them because of a b2b against a rested albeit injured team and playing without Middleton.

Had no clue this was transpiring.

Shouldnt have traded for him against his will!!
#FreeBam
#Klutch
DBurks2818
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,117

Post#533 » by DBurks2818 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:04 am

Blazers seemingly held on to him and then traded him elsewhere out of spite for Miami, then the Bucks seemingly traded for him out of panic that he’d go to Miami.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 110,209

Post#534 » by Bishop45 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:09 am

I like this
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 38,372

Post#535 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:18 am

DBurks2818 wrote:Blazers seemingly held on to him and then traded him elsewhere out of spite for Miami, then the Bucks seemingly traded for him out of panic that he’d go to Miami.

Blazers and Bucks with an unmotivated Dame are worse off for it too
#FreeBam
#Klutch
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,692

Post#536 » by SerialChiller » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:22 am

I wasn't able to watch this one unfortunately but just finally checked the boxscore and damn Jovic with a team and game high in points is surprising and impressive, good for him! Time to check out the highlights big win!
Pokuokic
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,020

Post#537 » by Pokuokic » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:34 am

The Deer Fears The Bulk

I've been trying to tell you guys about Jovic and how mistreated he has been, did you guys see Crowder getting tough with Duncan and Jovic stepping in about to throw bombs and Crowder cowering?

The Heat dogged him to appease Lowry in the Twolves game where Kyle was getting cooked but blamed Bulk, sent to G-League, comes back helps the team win 2-3 games (bodied LeBron and AD) than BENCHED AGAIN for worthless bums like Highsmith and Scary Fairy.

Jovic and JJJ aside from Jimmy are the only real difference makers on the team the rest of them are solid to elite role players Jovic and JJJ both have the talent and skill level to go beyond that.
dubasilva
Senior
And1: 469

Post#538 » by dubasilva » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:44 am

SerialChiller wrote:I wasn't able to watch this one unfortunately but just finally checked the boxscore and damn Jovic with a team and game high in points is surprising and impressive, good for him! Time to check out the highlights big win!

Same here. I watched the highlights, and Jovic and Duncan looked great! I like the move from Spo, and I hope that Jovic keeps his head down and continues to work hard. He can be a difference maker to this team.

I can't wait until Alooooondes Williams scores triple-doubles. :) :lol:
Pokuokic
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,020

Post#539 » by Pokuokic » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:03 am

If the Heat just let Jovic play freely and live with him getting cooked on D every now and than he's going to help big time even in this game while he was hot he passed up some good shots to get great shots for the others, super skilled super unselfish the dude just needs a chance to be Bulk Jovic.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#540 » by Wiltside » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:19 am

I knew Poku was gonna come in here swinging :laugh:

Return to Miami Heat