ImageImageImage

We signed Beasley. AGAIN. LOL?

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Are you happy?

Yes, Beas can help, third time is a charm.
59%
No, Beas fanboys will be back. He's no good.
25%
Yes, But mainly because I'm high.
16%

Total votes: 119

DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Re: We signed Beasley. AGAIN. LOL? 

Post#81 » by DefenseWins » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:42 pm

If he stays we have 4 2008 draft picks. Beas, everyone else was in the 2nd round with Dragic, Rio and Walker lmao
BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,827

Post#82 » by BFRESH44 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:43 pm

This came down to Beasley being desperate enough, that he was willing to sign a 10 day, and eventually the minumum, to as where Blatche most likely was not so willing to sign for that price.

And even with the DPE in hand, there was no way the team is burning a repeater tax year for this season.
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,766

Post#83 » by QUIZ » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:44 pm

:D
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,917

Post#84 » by Rapaz » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:44 pm

RJM just bought a piñata and some party favors.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#85 » by DefenseWins » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:50 pm

Beasley apparently in NO. They stunk this dude around like a mistress.

Except people did see him around AAA lol.
Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#86 » by Altered_Beast » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:53 pm

finally the beas is back home. was sad when they didnt resign him hopefully playing in china opened his eyes. theres a double or triple entendre there

pg: dragic/napier/johnson
sg: wade/chalmers/dragic
sf: deng/walker/ennis
pf: beasley/haslem/mcroberts*
c: whiteside/andersen

all beasley has to do is try his best on defense, rebound the ball and shoot all those open jumpers that dragic ball z and wade are going to get him

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#87 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:54 pm

give him garbage minutes.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#88 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:55 pm

make sure beasley and whiteside are never alone together. cant think of much worse influences than beasley.

i feel like keith smar and juwon are babysitters on this team lol
Rock Hardy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,868

Post#89 » by Rock Hardy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:58 pm

LOL! Beasley ****? Unbelievable. The dude is a bust. Now he's like herpes in that he just won't go away. I have no idea wtf we're even thinking bringing him back. He's going to still look completely lost on defense, he'll still throw up poor shots at poor efficiency. I mean, the guy couldn't be efficient playing next to LeBron. What hope is there? I'd rather take the awful Ennis play over another stint of **** Beas. I wanted him to be good too, but I've long realized he will never be even good in this league.

Oh god. I didn't even think about the influence on Whiteside. This better not **** up Rio's play too. I don't like any part of this move. We've tried him with a better roster and he still sucked. Let him go. Even at the minimum, he's not doing us any good.
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,165

Post#90 » by Bourne85 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:00 pm

I CAME!
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Post#91 » by NBADraft2003 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:03 pm

Dat K-State connection doe...
Myam333
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,909

Post#92 » by Myam333 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:05 pm

Rock Hardy wrote:LOL! Beasley ****? Unbelievable. The dude is a bust. Now he's like herpes in that he just won't go away. I have no idea wtf we're even thinking bringing him back. He's going to still look completely lost on defense, he'll still throw up poor shots at poor efficiency. I mean, the guy couldn't be efficient playing next to LeBron. What hope is there? I'd rather take the awful Ennis play over another stint of **** Beas. I wanted him to be good too, but I've long realized he will never be even good in this league.

Oh god. I didn't even think about the influence on Whiteside. This better not **** up Rio's play too. I don't like any part of this move. We've tried him with a better roster and he still sucked. Let him go. Even at the minimum, he's not doing us any good.

50% FG, 39% 3PT, 52% 2PT...
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by DefenseWins » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:08 pm

Yeah uh Beas was pretty efficient last year. Too hesitant though, you could tell he just didn't want to **** up too much.
Rock Hardy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,868

Post#94 » by Rock Hardy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:12 pm

UDWade wrote:
Rock Hardy wrote:LOL! Beasley ****? Unbelievable. The dude is a bust. Now he's like herpes in that he just won't go away. I have no idea wtf we're even thinking bringing him back. He's going to still look completely lost on defense, he'll still throw up poor shots at poor efficiency. I mean, the guy couldn't be efficient playing next to LeBron. What hope is there? I'd rather take the awful Ennis play over another stint of **** Beas. I wanted him to be good too, but I've long realized he will never be even good in this league.

Thanks for the correction. My perception was off. I only remember him ever getting perfect LeBron passes wide open for 3, only to have the clodhead put it on the floor to dribble in closer to brick a more contested 2. The guy has rocks for brains. I do not want him on this team. Just after we got rid of all the players everyone hated, and had a roster I liked from top to bottom, we bring the worst influence with the worst collection of fans back. A guy who is only here because he would practically play for free, not because he's someone anyone else wanted. He was in China for a reason.

More than a positive for this team, this move is the first indicator to me that this season is bleeping over. This season is just the worst. I hope he gets his 10 days and disappears forever. I can't think of a player I've liked less on this team than Beasley, and I absolutely hated Granger.
Myam333
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,909

Post#95 » by Myam333 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:14 pm

Rock Hardy wrote:
UDWade wrote:

Thanks for the correction. My perception was off. I only remember him ever getting perfect LeBron passes wide open for 3, only to have the clodhead put it on the floor to dribble in closer to brick a more contested 2. The guy has rocks for brains. I do not want him on this team. Just after we got rid of all the players everyone hated, and had a roster I liked from top to bottom, we bring the worst influence with the worst collection of fans back. A guy who is only here because he would practically play for free, not because he's someone anyone else wanted. He was in China for a reason.

More than a positive for this team, this move is the first indicator to me that this season is bleeping over. This season is just the worst. I hope he gets his 10 days and disappears forever. I can't think of a player I've liked less on this team than Beasley, and I absolutely hated Granger.

Cool story.
Sign5
Head Coach
And1: 9,760

Post#96 » by Sign5 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:15 pm

UDWade wrote:

This lol, Beasley was very efficient last year. Talk about revisionist history, there was a a stretch where he was shooting 55% from the field. They even had an insider article on it last year:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/ ... sley-miami

Like practically everyone else on the Heat roster, Beasley's having his most efficient season yet, shooting a LeBron-like 54.7 percent from the floor, 52.9 percent from downtown and 79.2 percent from the line. It's early, but Spoelstra has already trusted Beasley enough to have him anchor lineups without any of Miami's big three on the floor. And those Beasley lineups have been winning ones so far. Spoelstra has evidently believed in Beasley, but James' trust might be the biggest factor to his success.
"LeBron has a lot of confidence in me, and I don't really know where he gets it from," Beasley said. "Sometimes he has more confidence in me than I have for myself. That's good, just to have a group of people that genuinely believe that you can make it -- that you can make it on a good team. I'm just playing basketball the right way now."
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,298

Post#97 » by Flash4thewin » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:16 pm

Rock Hardy wrote:
UDWade wrote:

No thats Wade who would pass up the wide open 3 and end up taking a contested 2. If you are going to get mad at a player at least get mad at the right player, dont hate for hates sake.
YAWKYAWK
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#98 » by YAWKYAWK » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:17 pm

UDWade wrote:

To be fair, he didn't take many 3s last year.
Seabass777
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,727

Post#99 » by Seabass777 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:18 pm

Rock Hardy wrote:
UDWade wrote:

Tell us how you really feel :lol:
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
shaan954
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#100 » by shaan954 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:18 pm

I feel like if we gave him bosh's minutes then he would put up the same if not BETTER numbers

Return to Miami Heat