ImageImageImage

Wade's Comeback Season Version 2.0

Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Wade's Comeback Season Version 2.0 

Post#1 » by Zasterror » Sat Jul 7, 2012 6:52 pm

We all know that Wade had a good yet slightly underwhelming season for his extraordinary standards; most of which wasn't his fault due to nagging injuries (ranging from his foot and his plantar fasciitis scare to now his knee which required surgery).

Wade may not be as athletic as 08-09 but his skill-set has evolved with the appearance of more polished post game since last season. His off-ball activity has become a force to be reckon with and he and LeBron are more in-sync than ever. As this year progressed, people have doubted Wade and hurriedly claim that he is in a major decline. People left Wade out of their Top 3 and even Top 5 list (which at some cases were justified due to the emergence of Kevin Durant).

I've been following Wade since the Marquette days and Wade always seems to be a better player when he plays with that chip in his shoulder. Since the Big 3 formed, Wade underwent multiple transformations, within himself personally (custody battles, divorce, etc) and on the court (deferring to LeBron, embracing the 2nd option role, etc). Throughout it all, Wade himself has started to realize his limitations and the fact that he is aging. His body suffered heavily especially during the years when he had to carry the Heat filled with scrubs to the Playoffs.

Wade's Playoff run this season came with ups and downs, more so than ever in his career. When Wade declared to forgo the Olympics and get surgery on his knee, which was probably a long time coming anyway, I was ecstatic knowing that we will get a healthy Wade back next season. When Wade said that he will try to work with a shooting coach, my excitement multiplied two-fold; Wade's inconsistency with his outside shooting has always been a problem since his 05-06 years. Wade's starting to realize he cannot rely on his athleticism forever. AND NOW, with the acquisition of Ray Allen, I am even more confident that Wade will have one of his most complete and healthiest season in his career, which is all I can ask for at this point. The Ray Allen acquisition is crucial to Wade's longevity; Wade will probably play even less minutes than he did this season, Ray Allen may actually influence Wade with his shooting (PLEASE GOD I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN), and Wade has one less muthaf***** to worry about to chase around.

I'm not going as far as to say he will win MVP (because LeBron/Durant got that on lock lol) but I can see him turning heads and warranting discussions throughout the season. LeBron is our engine, our workhorse, and we will only go as far as LeBron goes (and it took me a while to finally accept that fact). But I believe Wade is the heart and soul of the team and the key to continuing our championship runs, thus creating a dynasty. LET's GO HEAT!
mopper8
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,868

Re: Wade's Comeback Season Version 2.0 

Post#2 » by mopper8 » Sat Jul 7, 2012 6:56 pm

Wade said he's going to hire a shooting coach this offseason to work on his midrange game and 3-point shooting.

I presume he will also continue to work on his post game. The evolution of his game continues.
DragicTime85 wrote:[Ric Bucher] has a tiny wiener and I can prove it.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#3 » by DefenseWins » Sat Jul 7, 2012 6:57 pm

Wade also doesn't have to lose his legs anymore chasing around Ray Allen. I hope Ray gives them shooting pointers... they do need it LOL. Wade and LBJ atleast. And Mario/Cole on their 3's.

But anyway, Wade should be fine now and I can't wait to see this team with Ray and whoever else joins.

Wade's unstoppable when he is healthy. Can't wait.

I just want everyone healthy for the playoffs. Regular season just to build chemistry. LEGGO!!!
Valkyrie
Senior
And1: 479

Post#4 » by Valkyrie » Sat Jul 7, 2012 6:59 pm

You know Wade is going to coast in the regular season a bit though...
LoveMyHeat
Rookie
And1: 1,011

Post#5 » by LoveMyHeat » Sat Jul 7, 2012 7:22 pm

I know Wade's never been a great 3-pt shooter, but it's always been a dream of mine for him to turn into a Ray Allen-type player in his late 30s to extend his career. And now that Ray's on board...

:pray:
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#6 » by Chosen01 » Sat Jul 7, 2012 7:32 pm

djcrispi wrote:I know Wade's never been a great 3-pt shooter, but it's always been a dream of mine for him to turn into a Ray Allen-type player in his late 30s to extend his career. And now that Ray's on board...

:pray:

Keep dreaming, at best he'd be a 35% 3pt shooter.

All I want is his 06,08-09 jumper then this team becomes extremely lethal with Ray.
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#7 » by Zasterror » Sat Jul 7, 2012 7:37 pm

Valkyrie wrote:You know Wade is going to coast in the regular season a bit though...

Very true, which is one of the reasons why he will never win MVP or get majority of the 1st Team All-NBA or Defense selections he deserves. But a big weight has been lifted off not only Wade but the Heat's shoulder due to winning the ring, so I can see a more carefree yet focused team next season.
Mars
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,174

Post#8 » by Mars » Sat Jul 7, 2012 7:49 pm

Best thing that could have happened for the team was Wade being doubted so publicly and with such volume. Expecting a dynamic season from him.
TrueRain
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#9 » by TrueRain » Sat Jul 7, 2012 7:53 pm

All I want from Wade is to shoot his shot with confidence for the rest of his career. I'm tired of this back and forth with him. I like when Wade gets called out. Despite what we say on here frequently, the media does bother to notice him even if it is in a negative tone. He hears it though.

And hopefully he's working with Tim Grover this off-season alongside that shooting coach.
Valkyrie
Senior
And1: 479

Post#10 » by Valkyrie » Sat Jul 7, 2012 7:54 pm

Why the hell does he fade away so much now? His missed game winner against Boston he faded away for no reason, its like a habit
krikor
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#11 » by krikor » Sat Jul 7, 2012 8:09 pm

DefenseWins wrote:Wade also doesn't have to lose his legs anymore chasing around Ray Allen. I hope Ray gives them shooting pointers... they do need it LOL. Wade and LBJ atleast. And Mario/Cole on their 3's.

But anyway, Wade should be fine now and I can't wait to see this team with Ray and whoever else joins.

Wade's unstoppable when he is healthy. Can't wait.

I just want everyone healthy for the playoffs. Regular season just to build chemistry. LEGGO!!!

agree on this. in playoffs we had bosh injury, and wade unhealthy.
those two factors if improved for next year playoffs, and you have sweeping indiana 4 - 1 and boston as well.

ray allen is icing on cake, and miller i think can come big for playoffs again.
Banned User
And1: 536

Post#12 » by 420 » Sat Jul 7, 2012 8:13 pm

Go back and watch and the playoffs (I have); people forget just how crucial and great Wade was.

The only thing his injury hampered was his REBs and explosiveness. Other than that, Wade was playing great and made a bunch of huge plays that ended up being the difference maker in tight games.

If you're a Heat player, It sucks that a good chunk of the fan base is unloyal, unfaithful. Not even Wade is excluded from this treatment.
bemzk
Junior
And1: 13

Post#13 » by bemzk » Sat Jul 7, 2012 8:22 pm

Is he working with Tim Groover this season? I
Banned User
And1: 536

Post#14 » by 420 » Sat Jul 7, 2012 8:27 pm

bemzk wrote:Is he working with Tim Groover this season? I
I hope so. I don't recall Wade being injured the season he worked out w/ Grover, which was the year of the Olympics and what most people considered his MVP season in the NBA. Building muscle/strength was the best thing he could have done, but apparently he opted to go for a more agile/lighter approach this season with Attack Athletics.
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,324

Post#15 » by radikalBaller » Sat Jul 7, 2012 8:39 pm

Lebron
Battier
Miller
Jones
Allen

How do they guard this unit ?
krikor
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#16 » by krikor » Sat Jul 7, 2012 8:43 pm

can u imagine if both ray allen and miller are on there days knocking 3's lol.
we would put some 150 point game one day lol
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,093

Post#17 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Sat Jul 7, 2012 8:52 pm

Valkyrie wrote:Why the hell does he fade away so much now? His missed game winner against Boston he faded away for no reason, its like a habit

Its a bad habit he seemed to pick up in the 09-10 campaign. Not sure why, but ever since that season his shot has been somewhat broken because of it.

Hopefully a shooting coach can sit down with him and correct it, its not like its a mystery, anyone can spot it. He just has to go straight up with confidence, fade when its necessary to get the shot off but otherwise take it with balance. He could actually learn something from LeBron when it comes to this, LeBron's balance on his jumpers the last couple of seasons has been outstanding, he very rarely fades away except if he's posting his man and needs to create space or its a last second heave.
TrueRain
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#18 » by TrueRain » Sat Jul 7, 2012 9:00 pm

I remember it used to be LeBron's problem that he faded too much and Wade was the one always going straight up. Majority of the time now when Wade goes straight up he's knocking it down. But he can never be consistent with it. I hope he's serious about that shooting coach. Because the mechanics are there, he just needs someone there to remind him.
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#19 » by SweetTouch » Sat Jul 7, 2012 9:40 pm

Wade knows silly defenders still bite on the pumpfake

He's going to train with Allen

Wade is coming for that #1 spot
Stop being so disrespectful.
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#20 » by DWadeno3 » Sat Jul 7, 2012 10:01 pm

I think Heat fans know that last season was a rough year from him physically and that he was never really himself for the most part of the season. With the condensed schedule, once you catch a somewhat more serious injury, things can follow up quickly, just look at Derrick Rose, who is much younger than D-Wade. I wasn't really surprised to hear he had his knee drained several times. You could see it in his entire game that he was never right. With that being said, I liked that people started writing him off, called him out, claimed how many players were better than him, how he "lost his team" (not that this is a debate even worth having). I remember two occasions when Wade has been written off or overlooked and came back to silent everybody and that was the draft and after the 07/08 season. The fact that he skipped the Olympics, apparently took Grover back and planned on hiring a shooting coach tells you he's ready to do it again. I don't care much for personal awards/legacy, but I know it'll be that much easier for us to repeat if he can be somewhat healthy.

If the last two playoffs have shown us anything, it's that we need our stars to all bring it. LeBron had an exceptional year, but we don't get past Indiana without Wade exploding and we don't get past Boston without Bosh returning. let alone win the championship against OKC. With that being said and with Wade being the oldest one of the three, I think the evolution of his game determines how long and big our championship window will really be. If he can take another step towards an even more polished post-up and midrange game, it'll allow him to age that much better and allow us to be the dominant force we are for many years to come. I expect him to realize this himself, expand his game and be the force he usually is next year.

#HeatLifer

Return to Miami Heat