ImageImageImage

Playoffs EC Finals Game 6: HEAT @ Pacers 6/1 8:30 PM ET TNT

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Buju
Banned User
And1: 241

Re: Playoffs EC Finals Game 6: HEAT @ Pacers 6/1 8:30 PM ET  

Post#41 » by Buju » Fri May 31, 2013 5:19 pm

Wade.............

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjffIi2Pl7M[/youtube]
BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,814

Post#42 » by BFRESH44 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:21 pm

Buju wrote:Wade.............

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjffIi2Pl7M[/youtube]

lol Perfect.
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,558

Post#43 » by Slot Machine » Fri May 31, 2013 5:23 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
Tien wrote:Miami doesn't win if Bosh and Wade doesn't step up.

Wade has been getting better as time goes by athletically, even if the numbers don't always look great. I think he'll show something in this game.

I'm not sure about this. I wouldn't say he's getting worse either, but really his athleticism/explosiveness varies a lot from game to game.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
Tien
Banned User
And1: 51

Post#44 » by Tien » Fri May 31, 2013 5:43 pm

Wade is a rhythm player, and since the bone bruise has been completely out of rhythm.
The Gump
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#45 » by The Gump » Fri May 31, 2013 6:01 pm

They need to try to get Bosh involved early in Game 6. Get him in some pick and rolls with LeBron and get him free in space to shoot or drive on Hibbert. He had some success with that in Game 1. But they've got to find a way to get him some opportunities to finish in the paint outside of straight post-ups. It's hard to expect much from Wade at this point, but they need Bosh to step up and be that second scorer to take some pressure off of LeBron.
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#46 » by Chosen01 » Fri May 31, 2013 6:24 pm

fast-break wrote:
Heat_Fan_87 wrote:Not sure we can get much more out of wade, he is hurt. What's bosh's excuse? He has been awful all series long.

Neither one of those guys have an excuse to play THIS bad...

Why not? Believe or not, this is Wade's best series in the playoffs. He's steadily gotten better from each series (obviously still no where near what he's capable of but gives hope that he'll turn it up in the Spurs series) While Bosh on the other hand, production has gone down from the prior matches (specifically blocks and rebounds) . Never really know what to expect from Bosh, dude may turn around grab 15 boards in game 6.. such a wild card.
Moggs24
Senior
And1: 84

Post#47 » by Moggs24 » Fri May 31, 2013 6:51 pm

just curious, do you work inside or outside, with your mind or with your hands....no need to answer.

Let's say you work with your mind on the inside, say an accountant and you have a serious major migrane, and it's tax time and the pressure is already on you to get people taxes out.......should your expectations be the same?

let's say you were a roofer and you torn an Achilles or something smaller like a herniated disk, should your expectations be the same? It's just not really fair to have the same expectations from a guy WHO CLEARLY has a physical issue. It's just not fair. We've all seen what his man has and can do, why not just adjust his role, get what you can when you can from him and live to play another day.

it's just not fair to have another bookkeeper(bench player) that can do some of your accounting work or a day laborer to lift those shingles to the roof. We could use Miller and/or joel to reduce some of the burdens that we have...

open your minds, it's just not fair.............IMO - Saturday it may be over anyway

So as wade ages and he becomes less and less athletic what should his role be?

To me he has still been very effective defensively throughout the playoffs especially in this series. He has also done a good job on the boards and with passing the basketball. But all people ever want to focus on is points. But if he should adjust his role what should his role on this team be?

If he is not going to knock down shots and he is not going to attack the rim offensively he really clogs things up. I believe he still has to attack the basket and at the very least try and create for teammates.
weouthere
Banned User
And1: 210

Post#48 » by weouthere » Fri May 31, 2013 6:57 pm

Let's just win, i dont even care how. As long as wade aint turning the ball over, shooting a bunch of stupid jumpers and missing layups Im good. We just need to get out this series and see daylight. This Matchup is too bad for Bosh especially.
djkeem
Starter
And1: 641

Post#49 » by djkeem » Fri May 31, 2013 7:01 pm

rebound the damn ball
heatchamp45
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#50 » by heatchamp45 » Fri May 31, 2013 7:02 pm

We need to end it in game 6. anything can happen in game 7.

Heat need to play lights out in game 6.
fast-break
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,858

Post#51 » by fast-break » Fri May 31, 2013 7:09 pm

Moggs24 wrote:
just curious, do you work inside or outside, with your mind or with your hands....no need to answer.

Let's say you work with your mind on the inside, say an accountant and you have a serious major migrane, and it's tax time and the pressure is already on you to get people taxes out.......should your expectations be the same?

let's say you were a roofer and you torn an Achilles or something smaller like a herniated disk, should your expectations be the same? It's just not really fair to have the same expectations from a guy WHO CLEARLY has a physical issue. It's just not fair. We've all seen what his man has and can do, why not just adjust his role, get what you can when you can from him and live to play another day.

it's just not fair to have another bookkeeper(bench player) that can do some of your accounting work or a day laborer to lift those shingles to the roof. We could use Miller and/or joel to reduce some of the burdens that we have...

open your minds, it's just not fair.............IMO - Saturday it may be over anyway

So as wade ages and he becomes less and less athletic what should his role be?

To me he has still been very effective defensively throughout the playoffs especially in this series. He has also done a good job on the boards and with passing the basketball. But all people ever want to focus on is points. But if he should adjust his role what should his role on this team be?

If he is not going to knock down shots and he is not going to attack the rim offensively he really clogs things up. I believe he still has to attack the basket and at the very least try and create for teammates.

I think next season the staff should really consider phasing Wade out as the "2nd option" and place Bosh in that role. More plays for Bosh for a full season just might mold him into what I thought he could be. Allow Bosh and Bron to build some sort of chemistry spamming PnR's. Bosh is just flat out a passive guy who literally has to be force fed and engaged if there's any chance of getting real CONSISTENT production out of him. I think we all pretty much know what to expect with Wade now, and it's time for a new direction no matter the outcome of this post season.
DivineFury
Sixth Man
And1: 624

Post#52 » by DivineFury » Fri May 31, 2013 7:15 pm

Couple of F-bombs before the game from Lebron, Juwan will throw his unused basketball shoes at the wall before the game, and we should be good to go.
JesusHCoxMd
Analyst
And1: 2,528

Post#53 » by JesusHCoxMd » Fri May 31, 2013 7:22 pm

Stop bashing Wade, real fans don't throw player, who put Heat on the map, under the bus.
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#54 » by bb22 » Fri May 31, 2013 7:38 pm

even lebron looks a little slower than usual...if the heat play at 90% of what they arecapable of they will win. right now the effort looks like 60-75% most ofthe time
DivineFury
Sixth Man
And1: 624

Post#55 » by DivineFury » Fri May 31, 2013 7:39 pm

Can't wait till our shots start to fall from range. People have forgotten so quickly how good we were from 3pt land, how much it was part of our strategy, and how much of an advantage it gave us.
fast-break
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,858

Post#56 » by fast-break » Fri May 31, 2013 7:45 pm

JesusHCoxMd wrote:Stop bashing Wade, real fans don't throw player, who put Heat on the map, under the bus.

Is this directed at me? I'm not looking at this with rose colored glasses anymore... Bosh hasn't produced in a way that he's paid to and I think part of that is because of his low useage. Why not give him an opportunity with an increased role and allow him to build chemistry with Lebron? Wade in a smaller role may work out better for his body and Bosh's mind.

I really don't care to see Wade front run in the regular season only to struggle in the post season. I don't care to see Bosh disappear and think its ok because "plays aren't ran" for him...Think team evolvement.
WiseOwlWins
Senior
And1: 170

Post#57 » by WiseOwlWins » Fri May 31, 2013 7:51 pm

JesusHCoxMd wrote:Stop bashing Wade, real fans don't throw player, who put Heat on the map, under the bus.

it's not even that, it's fine to criticize a player when warranted. now isnt the time. i didnt see people asking for wade to be "phased" out as the 2nd option when he was playing at the same level as lebron during the 27 game streak prior to the knee injury.

some heat fans disgust me. but i also chuckle when i hear the stupiditity that comes out of their mouths.

"wade's done"
"wade needs to be phased out"
"wade will never be like he was before"
"wade's declining"

wade is playing through an injury that took chris paul A MONTH to come back from.

so please stfu with all the nonsense. it makes our fanbase look bad.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,088

Post#58 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Fri May 31, 2013 7:52 pm

fast-break wrote:
I really don't care to see Wade front run in the regular season only to struggle in the post season.

I don't care to see Wade be healthy and then get a bone bruise, but it is what it is. To call it front running though is a gross misinterpretation of the situation.

As for Bosh, he is what he is. Force feeding him isn't going to make him a different player. He's still the same guy who has put up 2/18 type stinkers multiple times in the past, his primary weapon is his jump shot.

Reposting what I posted on the general board:

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:I still say people are overreacting to Wade playing through injury.

What sucks is the timing of his injuries, both coming as Miami enters the postseason. But neither are chronic (his right knee is fine now, his left has a bone bruise that will heal but takes time).

If you look at the numbers during the season, before the bone bruise, Wade was brilliant at times, and just about all of Miami's best lineups included him in it.

I understand people saying Wade's too fragile. But I honestly believe he's just had crappy timing in terms of injuries, and he'll be fine going forward. I'm just happy he's willing to tough it out and play through injury, because while he's not what he could be, he still brings some good things to the table (ball-handler, shot creator, great rebounding from a guard, still good defense).
JesusHCoxMd
Analyst
And1: 2,528

Post#59 » by JesusHCoxMd » Fri May 31, 2013 7:52 pm

fast-break wrote:

Is this directed at me? I'm not looking at this with rose colored glasses anymore... Bosh hasn't produced in a way that he's paid to and I think part of that is because of his low useage. Why not give him an opportunity with an increased role and allow him to build chemistry with Lebron? Wade in a smaller role may work out better for his body and Bosh's mind.

I really don't care to see Wade front run in the regular season only to struggle in the post season. I don't care to see Bosh disappear and think its ok because "plays aren't ran" for him...Think team evolvement.

Not directed at anyone, I'm just annoyed that fans turn on players so quickly. :-?
WiseOwlWins
Senior
And1: 170

Post#60 » by WiseOwlWins » Fri May 31, 2013 7:54 pm

fast-break wrote:

wade is taking the lowest amount of shots ever in his playoff career. your entire take wade out as the second option theory is flawed. he isnt even the 2nd option right now. he's taking less shots, rebounding, and dishing the ball(i personally think he's passing way too much especially when he's at the rim).

wade's already thinking team involvement. this idea isnt new to him or this team.

Return to Miami Heat