ImageImageImage

Hassan Whiteside Signs 4yr Deal With the Miami Heat

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,996

Re: Hassan Whiteside Signs 4yr Deal With the Miami Heat 

Post#41 » by eddieheatfan » Thu Jul 7, 2016 11:39 pm

Vertical Limit wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llO0ahHpim0

fastforward to 10:30 and you will see SAS say it
i feel that there are other issues that we dont know that prompted wade to made the jump.because if it was just that hassan and KD were reached first then it sounds like jealousy to me.although,he is right pat should have approached him first because he was the face of the franchise but i also feel that pat wanted this to happen in one way or another. shaq and lebron were bad influences on him of that i have no doubt
Dupas
Analyst
And1: 1,860

Post#42 » by Dupas » Fri Jul 8, 2016 12:06 am

SAS somethimes is bafoon but one thing he is real about. He would never throw a player under the bus in favor of the franchise. Hes a players first guy. So , if he says this about any player i will take it as true.
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,762

Post#43 » by QUIZ » Fri Jul 8, 2016 12:56 am

No way Hassan showed up late to practice 40 times... Didn't Pat kick J Will out of practice for being a few minutes late once?

Eventually they would've cut his playing time or something.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
BoshtimusPrime
Sixth Man
And1: 1,460

Post#44 » by BoshtimusPrime » Fri Jul 8, 2016 1:02 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/dru_star/status/751183896423833600[/tweet]
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,222

Post#45 » by Heat3 » Fri Jul 8, 2016 2:43 am

Vertical Limit wrote:Anyone in the know, how true is Stephen A Smith's comments about Whiteside being late to practice 40 times last season? He makes it sound like he got that information from Wade's camp too, like Wade telling him "they gave a guy who doesn't show up on time to practice a max contract but not me."

just cause it comes out of his camp doesn't make it true he's got top pr people to spin things in his favor. just seems lame that he'd go to SAS to throw his ex-teammates under the bus but is lovey dovey on twitter when they sign their contracts.

he wanted the heat to beg him and they didn't, then made a decision based on emotion. the bitter taste will last a long time.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#46 » by HIF » Fri Jul 8, 2016 1:45 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
Vertical Limit wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llO0ahHpim0

fastforward to 10:30 and you will see SAS say it
i feel that there are other issues that we dont know that prompted wade to made the jump.because if it was just that hassan and KD were reached first then it sounds like jealousy to me.although,he is right pat should have approached him first because he was the face of the franchise but i also feel that pat wanted this to happen in one way or another. shaq and lebron were bad influences on him of that i have no doubt

Check out the SL thread for more reasons - the one from Smitty.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
vanhowell
Senior
And1: 687

Post#47 » by vanhowell » Fri Jul 8, 2016 2:19 pm

BoshtimusPrime wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/dru_star/status/751183896423833600[/tweet]

:lol:
To succeed, attitude is equally as important as ability.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#48 » by gom » Fri Jul 8, 2016 2:47 pm

Heat3 wrote:
Vertical Limit wrote:Anyone in the know, how true is Stephen A Smith's comments about Whiteside being late to practice 40 times last season? He makes it sound like he got that information from Wade's camp too, like Wade telling him "they gave a guy who doesn't show up on time to practice a max contract but not me."

just cause it comes out of his camp doesn't make it true he's got top pr people to spin things in his favor. just seems lame that he'd go to SAS to throw his ex-teammates under the bus but is lovey dovey on twitter when they sign their contracts.

he wanted the heat to beg him and they didn't, then made a decision based on emotion. the bitter taste will last a long time.

It doesn't have to be Wade that created the story about Whiteside. SAS is such a hack. He does these things to generate controversy.

It's awfully suspicious. Look at the number he used: 41. "He was late to about 41 practices." 41 is the number of home or away games in a season. It's a number you hear all the time. He pulled it out of his ass.

He is quite frankly incredible, in the sense of lacking any credibility whatsoever. A lying turd who is only trying to cultivate more animosity.

If you want to make money, though, ask him who will win the next finals (when there are only two left). Bet on the other team. He is wrong for 6 years running.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Post#49 » by EscapoTHB » Fri Jul 8, 2016 4:03 pm

People are sooooo mad at Whiteside for like...existing. I'm interested to see how he responds both to the pressure of now being the man, and having job security for the first time ever. I felt like a lot of his problems have been because he was in such an impossible situation last year, and he's just adjusting to being a pro. I do hope we keep Haslem around to help, particularly since Bosh might be gone.

If Hassan improves next season, the rebuild will be pretty short, as he has all of the skills to be the kind of center to change the future of this team. Not having Wade will hurt for Lobs, but it will help in terms of spacing and touches, you'd think. Hopefully now that we've committed long term to Whiteside that Spo has come up with some offensive sets that actually push our advantage inside.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#50 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Fri Jul 8, 2016 4:31 pm

2 things he needs to do to take the next step and be an all star this season.

He has to learn to pass out of the post, get other guys looks or he might get it back in better position. Shaq was great at that, he'd play hot potato with a guard and keep backing his man down until he was in dunking range. teams know by now that when he recieves the ball, send exra help because he is not giving it up. Whiteside will get plenty of shot opportunities this season, looking for him to be more selective in what he takes

On defesnse, he needs to focus more on the team defense and less on getting blocks. blocks will come, but if you are giving up 5 or 6 baskets just to get that one highlight blocks, it's not worth it. when he just gets into someone and stands up straight with his hands high, he's like a wall. not sure this will come just yet.

also, he was practicing 3's on one of his snap chats like a week ago. If he could some day shoot from 3, whoa.
krikor
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#51 » by krikor » Fri Jul 8, 2016 4:54 pm

I will not hide this. But am extremly worried on Hassan, and feel like we should trade him in first part of season while his value is high.
I might be wrong on this, but am extremly worried now that veterans like wade/deng are gone + bosh not to play again..whiteside takes steps back.

as i said i might be wrong, and hope i am. but am worried .. and am not personally willing to go from a franchise where our best player was lebron/wade to Whiteside...
ryanpuge
Senior
And1: 619

Post#52 » by ryanpuge » Fri Jul 8, 2016 5:33 pm

Congrats Hassan...

This is one huge step of your dream...
you can achieve more and be a great player if you want to..... embrace the opportunity in front of you....
daoneandonly wrote:
it's not that I'm disrespecting Wade or saying he's not a solid NBA player,I'm saying he never was or never will be a superstar.When it comes right down to it,Wade is just not that good.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,259

Post#53 » by twix2500 » Fri Jul 8, 2016 7:07 pm

Its highly important that passing is a main part of his game that needs to improve. Teams are gonna colapse on him, especially now there is not another player on the team that demands double teams.
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,287

Post#54 » by Jedi32 » Sat Jul 9, 2016 2:45 am

Heat3 wrote:

come on man you know wade isn't like that. this could be coming from folks still on the heat and who are shocked they let wade walk for a guy like that. lastly where was it mentioned that wade wanted the heat to beg him to stay? no calling you out just interested in seeing it in print, because wade doesn't seem like that kind of guy to me.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#55 » by puppa bear » Sat Jul 9, 2016 3:04 am

twix2500 wrote:Its highly important that passing is a main part of his game that needs to improve. Teams are gonna colapse on him, especially now there is not another player on the team that demands double teams.

Yeah, and this makes shooting development a priority for all young players we have. If he is able to find the open player & they routinely shoot 25% he will stop passing (even if he does learn to).
twix2500
RealGM

Post#56 » by twix2500 » Sat Jul 9, 2016 3:12 am

Man I forgot who reported it. But they said Wade told him in a disappointed tone that Miami didn't even put up a fight to keep him.

I don't want to think Miami didn't want him to return but didn't want the future plan to detoured by his return. The putting Whiteside as priority over Wade says a lot. Especially when Miami tried to trade Whiteside at the trading deadline.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
twix2500
RealGM

Re: Re: Hassan Whiteside Signs 4yr Deal With the Miami Heat 

Post#57 » by twix2500 » Sat Jul 9, 2016 3:17 am

krikor wrote:I will not hide this. But am extremly worried on Hassan, and feel like we should trade him in first part of season while his value is high.
I might be wrong on this, but am extremly worried now that veterans like wade/deng are gone + bosh not to play again..whiteside takes steps back.

as i said i might be wrong, and hope i am. but am worried .. and am not personally willing to go from a franchise where our best player was lebron/wade to Whiteside...

I think they are looking him as a asset. I think Boogie Cousins is a player they are still keeping an eye on.

twozeroMM
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,718

Post#58 » by twozeroMM » Sat Jul 9, 2016 3:22 am

BoshtimusPrime wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/dru_star/status/751183896423833600[/tweet]

:lol: Man I love Hassan
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,222

Post#59 » by Heat3 » Sat Jul 9, 2016 4:37 am

twix2500 wrote:Man I forgot who reported it. But they said Wade told him in a disappointed tone that Miami didn't even put up a fight to keep him.

I don't want to think Miami didn't want him to return but didn't want the future plan to detoured by his return. The putting Whiteside as priority over Wade says a lot. Especially when Miami tried to trade Whiteside at the trading deadline.

Ethan said it but mentioned he asked him in a text. So nothing about tone.

From the outside it seems Wade wanted them to beg him to stay. And they didn't feel like going through this again after last year and whatever else was built up. Not at this stage of his career.

For as much as people say that the Heat took for granted that he'd never leave. He probably took for granted that they never let him walk.

Was a power play to show who could control who. A game of chicken and no one blinked.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#60 » by perempe20 » Mon Aug 1, 2016 5:39 pm

I'm a fan. if I had to choose between him and DJ, I would choose him. he can develop an even better jumper, but he's already better than Wade and LeBron.

Return to Miami Heat