ImageImageImage

Justise Winslow Watch

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Youngray29
Freshman
And1: 211

Re: Justise Winslow Watch 

Post#161 » by Youngray29 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:59 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:
Youngray29 wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:yeah...that's not true.
prior to 7pm last night they were both shooting 42% on layups do you want me to walk you through using BR shot finder? You got another source that says otherwise?

Just compared their FG% around the rim

Around the rim where? We talking stats for one shot type. Not shots around the basket, I'm taking straight layups so if Brown Flushes more than Winslow his " around the rim" will look better. I'm pretty sure he flushes more Winslow.

But one of the knock on Winslow is his misses layup attempts. Ya"ll don't like see the numbers for others you think or know better than Winslow.

Example, prior to yesterday's game

Here's the layup percentage for players who attempted more than
Jaylen Brown 42.6
Justise Winslow 42.4
Cj McCullom 42.1
Alex Len 41.9
J. Teague 41.5
D`Angelo Russell 40.9
Kelly Oubre 40.5
R.Rubio 40
J. Simmons 40
Ariza 39.4
Reggie Jackson 37.1
Youngray29
Freshman

Post#162 » by Youngray29 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:13 pm

Anyways our system is step to breed Role players at a young age. Bottom 5 offense and refusal to rebuild. Bam And Winslow were set to be role players from day 1.

But you wise guys keep thinking we drafted the wrong guy based on what others teams doing the exact opposite of what we do with our young guys. #WakeUp

Retooling is straight Garbage and our team is filled with Journeymen with no or limited upside.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,788

Post#163 » by Hallstar » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:17 pm

Youngray29 wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:
Youngray29 wrote: prior to 7pm last night they were both shooting 42% on layups do you want me to walk you through using BR shot finder? You got another source that says otherwise?

Around the rim where? We talking stats for one shot type. Not shots around the basket, I'm taking straight layups so if Brown Flushes more than Winslow his " around the rim" will look better. I'm pretty sure he flushes more Winslow.

But one of the knock on Winslow is his misses layup attempts. Ya"ll don't like see the numbers for others you think or know better than Winslow.

Jaylen Brown 42.6
Justise Winslow 42.4
Cj McCullom 42.1
Alex Len 41.9
J. Teague 41.5
D`Angelo Russell 40.9
Kelly Oubre 40.5
R.Rubio 40
J. Simmons 40
Ariza 39.4
Reggie Jackson 37.1

man he's a poor finisher period. All these rationalizations and statistical gymnastics for a below mediocre player isn't necessary
Youngray29
Freshman

Post#164 » by Youngray29 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:36 pm

Hallstar wrote:
Youngray29 wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:Just compared their FG% around the rim

Jaylen Brown 42.6
Justise Winslow 42.4
Cj McCullom 42.1
Alex Len 41.9
J. Teague 41.5
D`Angelo Russell 40.9
Kelly Oubre 40.5
R.Rubio 40
J. Simmons 40
Ariza 39.4
Reggie Jackson 37.1

man he's a poor finisher period. All these rationalizations and statistical gymnastics for a below mediocre player isn't necessary

Below mediocre is definately subjective and harsh by bitter heat fans who probably had high expectations. Lol like harden expectations. :D

In all honesty he is mediocre just like our team and our organization. We reap what we sow.

We don't develop young players here. We prefer to pick up someone else project. Which is why we dont need to be drafting any projects near the lottery. We need seasoned college players like the jrichs of the world.

In a couple Months Bam gonna be on the chopping block too.
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,795

Post#165 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:11 pm

Youngray29 wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:
Youngray29 wrote: prior to 7pm last night they were both shooting 42% on layups do you want me to walk you through using BR shot finder? You got another source that says otherwise?

Jaylen Brown 42.6
Justise Winslow 42.4
Cj McCullom 42.1
Alex Len 41.9
J. Teague 41.5
D`Angelo Russell 40.9
Kelly Oubre 40.5
R.Rubio 40
J. Simmons 40
Ariza 39.4
Reggie Jackson 37.1

I don't think fans specifically talk about layups, but whatever

So this season Winslow is better than McCollum in this specific aspect of the game, who the phuck cares?
:reporter:
Youngray29
Freshman

Post#166 » by Youngray29 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:06 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:
Youngray29 wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:Just compared their FG% around the rim

Jaylen Brown 42.6
Justise Winslow 42.4
Cj McCullom 42.1
Alex Len 41.9
J. Teague 41.5
D`Angelo Russell 40.9
Kelly Oubre 40.5
R.Rubio 40
J. Simmons 40
Ariza 39.4
Reggie Jackson 37.1

I don't think fans specifically talk about layups, but whatever

So this season Winslow is better than McCollum in this specific aspect of the game, who the phuck cares?
you're missing the point. The Winslow hate is unjustified. Everything winslow does on the negative end isnt exclusive to him or bad players. Young players struggle, especially in this sh-t show.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,788

Post#167 » by Hallstar » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:54 pm

Youngray29 wrote:
Hallstar wrote:
Youngray29 wrote:Around the rim where? We talking stats for one shot type. Not shots around the basket, I'm taking straight layups so if Brown Flushes more than Winslow his " around the rim" will look better. I'm pretty sure he flushes more Winslow.

Jaylen Brown 42.6
Justise Winslow 42.4
Cj McCullom 42.1
Alex Len 41.9
J. Teague 41.5
D`Angelo Russell 40.9
Kelly Oubre 40.5
R.Rubio 40
J. Simmons 40
Ariza 39.4
Reggie Jackson 37.1

Below mediocre is definately subjective and harsh by bitter heat fans who probably had high expectations. Lol like harden expectations. :D

In all honesty he is mediocre just like our team and our organization. We reap what we sow.

We don't develop young players here. We prefer to pick up someone else project. Which is why we dont need to be drafting any projects near the lottery. We need seasoned college players like the jrichs of the world.

I never had those expectations, I figured between Tony Allen and Igoudala. He hasn't been able to achieve that. In reality he should be playing for his life just to stay in the league this season, but we gave him an extension.
Umbooki
RealGM
And1: 29,604

Post#168 » by Umbooki » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:12 pm

Justise was supposed to be a budding star by now! Where did we go wrong?
Youngray29
Freshman

Post#169 » by Youngray29 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:20 pm

Umbooki wrote:Image

Easy his coach is Spo and plays on team with a really slow pace without the ball. 17% usage isn't enough and he should not be playing so much minutes at the 4.
Youngray29
Freshman

Post#170 » by Youngray29 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:29 pm

Hallstar wrote:
Youngray29 wrote:
Hallstar wrote:man he's a poor finisher period. All these rationalizations and statistical gymnastics for a below mediocre player isn't necessary

I never had those expectations, I figured between Tony Allen and Igoudala. He hasn't been able to achieve that. In reality he should be playing for his life just to stay in the league this season, but we gave him an extension.

Tony Allen cannot shoot period. He's not taking a 127 3s and hitting 38% of those. A lot of you guys like type garbage. Lol I've seen a lot tony and they're not similar players. Tony Allen is closer to MKG than Winslow. Terrible release and they avoid take 3 at all cost.

I would say his ceiling is iggy but we need to give him the ball.

On a team committed to rebuilding team he would be a much better the player. Considering Erik is the reason why he's developing the way is there's absolutely no reason why they wouldn't give him extension. Especially considering the only good contract they're given out has been Jrich's. Once Erik starts to using properly he will be worth his extension. I think they know that. :lol:
Youngray29
Freshman

Post#171 » by Youngray29 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:48 pm

And to further confirm we're a bunch of crybabies. "My player is worse than your player" Little bityhes

Players shooting 30% or lower from 3 with over 20 attempts

30% Gang
Malik Monk, Marvin Williams, Jabari Parker, Ibaka, Winslow, Josh Jackson, VanVleet, Smart, Oubre, Pascal

Under 30
JJ Barea, Jeff teague, Jrue Holiday, Jaylen Brown (26%) Cj Miles(27%), Mario, Hezenja(27%), Eric Gordan (24%), Trae Young(24%), Avery Bradely (23%), Ryan Anderson(23%), Russell Westbrook(20%), Giannas (12%)
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,120

Post#172 » by twix2500 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:59 pm

Youngray29 wrote:And to further confirm we're a bunch of crybabies. "My player is worse than your player" Little bityhes

30% Gang
Malik Monk, Marvin Williams, Jabari Parker, Ibaka, Winslow, Josh Jackson, VanVleet, Smart, Oubre, Pascal

Under 30
JJ Barea, Jeff teague, Jrue Holiday, Jaylen Brown (26%) Cj Miles(27%), Mario, Hezenja(27%), Eric Gordan (24%), Trae Young(24%), Avery Bradely (23%), Ryan Anderson(23%), Russell Westbrook(20%), Giannas (12%)
Mmmmm

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
twix2500
RealGM

Post#173 » by twix2500 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:04 pm

Justise Winslow 1 fastbreak point per game.

HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#174 » by HeatIn5 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:23 am

yet he's still almost 4 years younger than Josh "Big Shot" Richardson.
Read on Twitter
twix2500
RealGM

Post#175 » by twix2500 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:32 am

JustiseForMiami wrote:

Would justise be a first round pick if he came out the draft last summer?

HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#176 » by HeatIn5 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:32 pm

twix2500 wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:

Would justise be a first round pick if he came out the draft last summer?

Of course. Do we forget how dominant of a college player he was?

Read on Twitter
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,734

Post#177 » by contract » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:32 pm

Youngray29 wrote:And to further confirm we're a bunch of crybabies. "My player is worse than your player" Little bityhes

30% Gang

Under 30

But a lot of those guys can do other things. Winslow is extremely limited offensively. His mid-range game is bad. In the paint he's bad. He's not good at free throws, or even drawing fouls. His athleticism is underwhelming.

Honestly I'm not even sure what you're defending. Yeah I had huge expectations for Winslow. But then I lowered them. And then I lowered them again. And still ...

:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,750

Post#178 » by Wiltside » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:35 pm

The issue is he doesn't have any consistent offensive moves he can go to. He doesn't finish well, he's not great off the dribble for a pull up, and he's an average at best stand still jump shooter.

What he needs to do is become a demon in the post. He's a good enough passer that he could be a problem down there, and if he learned how to take advantage of smaller defenders in the post, he'd get a lot of easy looks. He flashes a solid floater game from time to time, but too often is passive and floats through games. I also dislike it when he attacks the paint but fades away from contact - you've got a big body, use it. Shift the shot blocker out of the way - watch tape on Goran and how he uses his shoulder to create space without getting a charge or blocked.

Having said that, Justise can still be a quality player. He has tools to be a difference maker, and is a difference maker a lot of the time when he comes into the game. He just needs to play on edge more and be more aggressive. That doesn't have to mean just take more shots, but play harder for longer. That's when he's at his best.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,734

Post#179 » by contract » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:49 pm

Wiltside wrote:The issue is he doesn't have any consistent offensive moves he can go to. He doesn't finish well, he's not great off the dribble for a pull up, and he's an average at best stand still jump shooter.

What he needs to do is become a demon in the post. He's a good enough passer that he could be a problem down there, and if he learned how to take advantage of smaller defenders in the post, he'd get a lot of easy looks. He flashes a solid floater game from time to time, but too often is passive and floats through games. I also dislike it when he attacks the paint but fades away from contact - you've got a big body, use it. Shift the shot blocker out of the way - watch tape on Goran and how he uses his shoulder to create space without getting a charge or blocked.

Having said that, Justise can still be a quality player. He has tools to be a difference maker, and is a difference maker a lot of the time when he comes into the game. He just needs to play on edge more and be more aggressive. That doesn't have to mean just take more shots, but play harder for longer. That's when he's at his best.

That's another thing that drives me nuts. His competitive fire is lacking. Even playing for a contract didn't get it out of him with any consistency. Still, he's one of our young developing players, so he needs to play tons.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,750

Post#180 » by Wiltside » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:02 pm

contract wrote:
Wiltside wrote:The issue is he doesn't have any consistent offensive moves he can go to. He doesn't finish well, he's not great off the dribble for a pull up, and he's an average at best stand still jump shooter.

That's another thing that drives me nuts. His competitive fire is lacking. Even playing for a contract didn't get it out of him with any consistency. Still, he's one of our young developing players, so he needs to play tons.

Thing is, he was arguably our most competitive player in the Playoffs last season. So it's not like it isn't there...he just doesn't flash it over an 82 game season. He needs to play with that edge every night - that's his difference maker, not his finishing ability. He needs to come into the game and impact it, leave his stamp on it.

We can both agree he needs to play a ton. I want 32mpg from him from here on out, mostly at the point.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com

Return to Miami Heat