ImageImageImage

Should Mia be interested in Gordon Hayward?

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Re: Should Mia be interested in Gordon Haywood? 

Post#21 » by puppa bear » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:53 am

Came in here thinking it was a way-too-early FA thread.

It turns out it's worse.

No. Just no. Sign him in FA if that's the best we can do.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,967

Post#22 » by DayofMourning » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:46 am

Justise is too valuable for the Heat to move unless a ridiculous trade came our way. Hayward and Exum is not that. I like Hayward. He's a good player. I wouldn't be against signing him outright in FA. As for Exum, I was never caught up in the hype. He's got legit skills, but hasn't proven enough to make or break a deal. Smarter trades than this have to be made to build a quality team.

BTW, welcome to the board OP. Glad to have you!
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#23 » by Flash4thewin » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:46 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Justise is too valuable for the Heat to move unless a ridiculous trade came our way. Hayward and Exum is not that. I like Hayward. He's a good player. I wouldn't be against signing him outright in FA. As for Exum, I was never caught up in the hype. He's got legit skills, but hasn't proven enough to make or break a deal. Smarter trades than this have to be made to build a quality team.

Is he really? Winslow really needs to show massive growth on offense. He reminds me of a better defensive but worse offensive Caron Butler. I dont think thats a franchise player. A good player, an allstar but not an elite player.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,967

Post#24 » by DayofMourning » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:55 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Justise is too valuable for the Heat to move unless a ridiculous trade came our way. Hayward and Exum is not that. I like Hayward. He's a good player. I wouldn't be against signing him outright in FA. As for Exum, I was never caught up in the hype. He's got legit skills, but hasn't proven enough to make or break a deal. Smarter trades than this have to be made to build a quality team.

Is he really? Winslow really needs to show massive growth on offense. He reminds me of a better defensive but worse offensive Caron Butler. I dont think thats a franchise player. A good player, an allstar but not an elite player.

I get that its an offensive league, but Winslow can change the game on the defensive side of the ball. He's also 20 years old. I know we want results now, but he is a team first, lock down defender who isn't as poor on offense as his production suggests. He needs work on that side, but every young player needs to put in the time, and gain experience.

As for my suggestion of a ridiculous trade, many teams wouldn't be willing to offer solid value for Winslow without feeling they were taking too big a gamble themselves. We'd need to get lucky and have a bad situation with another team turn into our good fortune. That's a very rare situation, so it doesn't seem realistic to me.

As for the OP's trade idea, its not a good enough value or fit for us to take a chance. Hayward can be had without having to give up assets in just a season. So that leaves Exum as the reason to make this trade, and we've got way too many backcourt players who need PT to worry about adding a project.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,610

Post#25 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:07 pm

I think both front offices say no to this unless Utah knows they can't resign Gordon. If you're Miami why give up any of your big assets when you know he's going to be a free agent and you have plenty of money to spend and you're freaking Miami.

Also think there are a few people on here who have already given up on Winslow's offense. The dude is only 20 still. And it's not like he has never shown offensive potential. The dude was a stud on the offensive side while at Duke. At only 18 he averaged 13/6/2 on 50% shooting and 41% from deep in ACC conference play and basically identical numbers all year. The guy definitely has offensive potential. Jimmy Butler didn't have a good offense season until he was 25 years old. Kawhi didn't break out offensively until he was 25. Not saying he's going to be as good as Kawhi offensively, I'm just saying it takes these defensive guys some time for their offense to catch up.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,177

Post#26 » by dolphinatik » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:59 pm

Nice player but no we should have zero interest. He does not fit what we are trying to do. I'm good where we are at unless are talking about adding lma to Whiteside
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#27 » by SlowPaced » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:55 am

People in the first page flat out refused this trade, but I think Jazz would be the side more reluctant to do this. Makes zero sense for them. Hayward is their shot creator and Exum fits in with Snyder's philosophy like a glove.

I'm sure Jazz want to keep the core of Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Hood and Exum together.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#28 » by HIF » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:10 pm

Winslow is going to be our LEADER for the next decade or more. Sure, he won't be Wade but he's going to be mustard.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
HIF
RealGM

Post#29 » by HIF » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:11 pm

SlowPaced wrote:People in the first page flat out refused this trade, but I think Jazz would be the side more reluctant to do this. Makes zero sense for them. Hayward is their shot creator and Exum fits in with Snyder's philosophy like a glove.

I'm sure Jazz want to keep the core of Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Hood and Exum together.

Makes no sense for us either.

I'm all for trading Goran but Hayward has shown he's second tier at best - 20 year old winslow will be second tier at worst this season.

HIF
RealGM

Post#30 » by HIF » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:12 pm

I just read that we don't really need Hayward as Babbit is comparable.

HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,694

Post#31 » by HEATVols865 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:40 pm

Throw money at Blake instead. Blockside/Griffin/Winslow/Richardson/Dragic; Reed and Johnson off the bench. Get a 2/3 or 3/4 guy off the bench with them and you have a contender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
HEATVols865
General Manager

Post#32 » by HEATVols865 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:41 pm

HIF wrote:I just read that we don't really need Hayward as Babbit is comparable.

So they both suck?

#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Fire Spoelstra!

Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#33 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:50 pm

HEATlanta wrote:Throw money at Blake instead. Blockside/Griffin/Winslow/Richardson/Dragic; Reed and Johnson off the bench. Get a 2/3 or 3/4 guy off the bench with them and you have a contender

Is there a better free agent next summer? I don't think so, i really don't want rudy gay on this team, and hawyard would cost 30mil. I think we need to see what happens this year with our guys, if winslow and jrich really take the next step, our needs might be different than overspending on a wing.

The trade deadline will be interesting this year.
HEATVols865
General Manager

Post#34 » by HEATVols865 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:52 pm

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:
HEATlanta wrote:Throw money at Blake instead. Blockside/Griffin/Winslow/Richardson/Dragic; Reed and Johnson off the bench. Get a 2/3 or 3/4 guy off the bench with them and you have a contender

Is there a better free agent next summer? I don't think so, i really don't want rudy gay on this team, and hawyard would cost 30mil. I think we need to see what happens this year with our guys, if winslow and jrich really take the next step, our needs might be different than overspending on a wing.

The trade deadline will be interesting this year.

I hear ya!

The FA class is pure garbage. KD Will stay put. Steph will stay put.
Who else is a big name that is worth throwing tons of money at other than Blake?

#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Fire Spoelstra!

Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,798

Re: RE: Re: Should Mia be interested in Gordon Haywood? 

Post#35 » by Hallstar » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:14 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:I think both front offices say no to this unless Utah knows they can't resign Gordon. If you're Miami why give up any of your big assets when you know he's going to be a free agent and you have plenty of money to spend and you're freaking Miami.

Also think there are a few people on here who have already given up on Winslow's offense. The dude is only 20 still. And it's not like he has never shown offensive potential. The dude was a stud on the offensive side while at Duke. At only 18 he averaged 13/6/2 on 50% shooting and 41% from deep in ACC conference play and basically identical numbers all year. The guy definitely has offensive potential. Jimmy Butler didn't have a good offense season until he was 25 years old. Kawhi didn't break out offensively until he was 25. Not saying he's going to be as good as Kawhi offensively, I'm just saying it takes these defensive guys some time for their offense to catch up.

So 2021 it is? I kid, I kid, maybe

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#36 » by perempe20 » Tue Nov 1, 2016 9:54 am

so pointless, can't get him.
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,336

Post#37 » by Beenie » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:44 pm

Any converts - Winslow, Dragic for Hayward, Exum? Btw, the point of the conversation isn't whether the Jazz would agree to this or if Riley would consider proposing it. I've appraised the deal as one within the parameters of reasonable consideration for both teams. Yes, it's my opinion and this thread is based on that premise. I'm just curious about the perspective of Heat fans and how they appraise value to their own players as well as to identify the deficiencies of the team, and how to address those things via roster reconstruction.

Hayward gives a the team a playmaking perimeter scorer and Exum is a young prospect with a high ceiling.

Considering the team's biggest hole are the qualities that Hayward possesses and that the philosophical disposition seems to be to develop young talented players which fits Exum's description, I think this is almost the perfect deal for Mia.
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#38 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:18 pm

Beenie wrote:Any converts - Winslow, Dragic for Hayward, Exum? Btw, the point of the conversation isn't whether the Jazz would agree to this or if Riley would consider proposing it. I've appraised the deal as one within the parameters of reasonable consideration for both teams. Yes, it's my opinion and this thread is based on that premise. I'm just curious about the perspective of Heat fans and how they appraise value to their own players as well as to identify the deficiencies of the team, and how to address those things via roster reconstruction.

Hayward gives a the team a playmaking perimeter scorer and Exum is a young prospect with a high ceiling.

Considering the team's biggest hole are the qualities that Hayward possesses and that the philosophical disposition seems to be to develop young talented players which fits Exum's description, I think this is almost the perfect deal for Mia.

Why trade for him when we can get him in free agency next year? But either way I wouldn't want Hayward we'd just be Jazz 2.0 with him on our team and we're trying to win Championships I don't believe we could do that with Hayward as our best player.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,336

Post#39 » by Beenie » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:46 pm

Cmon_Son-_- wrote:
Beenie wrote:Any converts - Winslow, Dragic for Hayward, Exum? Btw, the point of the conversation isn't whether the Jazz would agree to this or if Riley would consider proposing it. I've appraised the deal as one within the parameters of reasonable consideration for both teams. Yes, it's my opinion and this thread is based on that premise. I'm just curious about the perspective of Heat fans and how they appraise value to their own players as well as to identify the deficiencies of the team, and how to address those things via roster reconstruction.

Why trade for him when we can get him in free agency next year? But either way I wouldn't want Hayward we'd just be Jazz 2.0 with him on our team and we're trying to win Championships I don't believe we could do that with Hayward as our best player.

There's no guarantee Mia would land him or anyone else of major significance in free agency, for one. For two, by adding him during this season it would elevate the team's ability to attract marquee players to join the team in the offseason. And lastly, it makes the team better this year. BTW, if Mia morphed into the Jazz, (personally, I think with Hayward they might be a bit better than Utah once they established team chemistry) that would be good enough to be a playoff team in the East and perhaps make it out of the first round. That's a pretty good selling point to potential signees of the future.
HIF
RealGM

Re: Should Mia be interested in Gordon Hayward? 

Post#40 » by HIF » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:03 pm

Hayward is at best a third wheel in a championship team.

You're speaking about him as some sort of Lebron when in essence he isn't even a Bosh.

Return to Miami Heat