ImageImageImage

Should we pursue Jimmy Butler if he becomes available?

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Should we pursue Jimmy Butler if he becomes available? 

Post#1 » by Wolfy1983 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:10 am

That time of the year is hear again with rumor being a potential target for trade. Do yoi see Riles making an attempt to get him?
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,761

Re: Should we pursue Jimmy Butler if he becomes available? 

Post#2 » by QUIZ » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:32 am

Not if you have to gut the roster. While we don't have much, JB on his own isn't netting you much more than a .500 team. Think about it this way, if I gave you the option to switch places with the Bulls would you? Going from 14th seed to 9th seed? I can't figure out which would be more depressing, probably the latter because a team with Butler wouldn't be able to be bad enough to seriously tank.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#3 » by Wolfy1983 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:59 am

Outside of Whiteside in my opinion, everyone else is expendable. We need to focus on the future as this year is already over for us. As promising as the draft looks in June, I would prefer Butler who is reaching superstar status as opposed to a rookie who can be hit or miss and might take a few years to develop.
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
Sign5
Head Coach
And1: 9,679

Post#4 » by Sign5 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:06 pm

digg211 wrote:Outside of Whiteside in my opinion, everyone else is expendable. We need to focus on the future as this year is already over for us. As promising as the draft looks in June, I would prefer Butler who is reaching superstar status as opposed to a rookie who can be hit or miss and might take a few years to develop.
I wouldn't, Butler is already 27 which is why Bulls are thinking of trading him in the first place.

Butler is not good enough to take us to a championship imo.
King_Supreme
Sixth Man
And1: 1,140

Post#5 » by King_Supreme » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:36 pm

We don't have enough assets to acquire JB, so trading for him is null and void.
JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Post#6 » by JLop » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:25 pm

As long as we don't have to trade Hassan Whiteside, or sacrifice this year's mock draft selection, I would love to pursue Jimmy Butler. I do believe this team has enough assets to get it done. Specially, if this trade takes place in July or after. In July, we could (potentially) make use of two future first round picks. Winslow and Tyler Jonson are very good assets as well. And if we trade Goran Dragic, any pick in return will increase even further our assets.

Jimmy Butler ($17,546,918)
Hassan Whiteside ($23,775,506)
Josh Richardson ($1,014,746)
This year's mock draft selection (Markelle Fultz if we get lucky)
Plus enough money for two max players in free agency

I like our chances to become a true contender.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,471

Post#7 » by Bishop45 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:43 pm

If that move is followed by other moves, then why not. He's the second best player in the East, otherwise no, he can't save us
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,948

Post#8 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:46 pm

Would be interesting to see the clash of personalities between Butler and Hassan.
leoshes
Veteran
And1: 5,437

Post#9 » by leoshes » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:29 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Would be interesting to see the clash of personalities between Butler and Hassan.

Is Butler hard to get along with? I've never heard anything about him being that way.
leoshes
Veteran

Post#10 » by leoshes » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:39 pm

Bishop45 wrote:If that move is followed by other moves, then why not. He's the second best player in the East, otherwise no, he can't save us

If Pat could land him for some combination of Dragic + something, my thinking is that Pat will be getting him with future trades to augment him, & Whiteside. Something like what he did when he 1st got here.
He started with trading Rice, T James, & K Reeves, for Zo, & R Davis. Then a few month later traded K Willis, & B Coles for C Gatling, & T Hardaway. & after traded K Thamas, M Müürsepp , & P S Danilović, for J Mashburd.
My point is he wont do it overnight, it will take a little time.
Prince Ali
Veteran
And1: 3,507

Post#11 » by Prince Ali » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:23 pm

For what it would cost (Dragic, likely our 1st, likely one of Josh or Justise) it's not worth it considering after all of that Jimmy and Hassan isn't a championship core and we lose the assets that would facilitate a move for a 3rd guy.
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,694

Post#12 » by HEATVols865 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:42 am

Whiteside/FA/Butler/Richardson/Dragic...that's a very strong team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#13 » by puppa bear » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:33 am

HEATlanta wrote:Whiteside/FA/Butler/Richardson/Dragic...that's a very strong team

Exactly, if the price is right, then we have to. If we can use Justise, pick, filler then it's a no-brainer & we still probably have enough cap to pursue Griffin.
Dragic/Richardson/Butler/Griffin/Whiteside - it might not be quite at the level that can win us a title, but that's a damn good and fast rebuild.
Prince Ali
Veteran
And1: 3,507

Post#14 » by Prince Ali » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:03 am

puppa bear wrote:
HEATlanta wrote:Whiteside/FA/Butler/Richardson/Dragic...that's a very strong team

Exactly, if the price is right, then we have to. If we can use Justise, pick, filler then it's a no-brainer & we still probably have enough cap to pursue Griffin.
Dragic/Richardson/Butler/Griffin/Whiteside - it might not be quite at the level that can win us a title, but that's a damn good and fast rebuild.

You cant be serious. That package is not going to net any player close to the caliber of Jimmy Butler
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,694

Post#15 » by HEATVols865 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:06 pm

Prince Ali wrote:
puppa bear wrote:

You cant be serious. That package is not going to net any player close to the caliber of Jimmy Butler

If we keep our pick or Winslow, throw Dragic or TJ.
Preferably Dragic seeing as he and DWade can't play together LOL

#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,248

Post#16 » by twix2500 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:57 am

Most definitely the Heat should go after Butler. You would have to make sure that everyone around Butler and Hassan can shoot and pass.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#17 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:17 pm

There is another cool player on the Bulls that I wish was on the team, lets trade for him. Bring him home Riley...
Spoiler:
RONDO 2017!!!
Donald Trump is an idiot.
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,752

Post#18 » by Shewasfly » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:58 pm

Bishop45 wrote:If that move is followed by other moves, then why not. He's the second best player in the East, otherwise no, he can't save us

Lol what? No he isn't.

And trading for Butler alone would basically put us where we were with Wade last year that a lot of people claim they hated. Difference would be that imo we would have ended up with a similar regular season record (had we traded for him earlier) but not have the added playoff success to look forward to. Unless he comes with Wade or some other high impact veteran that will immediately put us into win now mode, I don't see the point.
:tiredJB:
leoshes
Veteran

Post#19 » by leoshes » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:20 pm

If we trade for Butler let it be on draft night.
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,753

Post#20 » by Chalm Down » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:34 am

Shewasfly wrote:

Lol what? No he isn't.

And trading for Butler alone would basically put us where we were with Wade last year that a lot of people claim they hated. Difference would be that imo we would have ended up with a similar regular season record (had we traded for him earlier) but not have the added playoff success to look forward to. Unless he comes with Wade or some other high impact veteran that will immediately put us into win now mode, I don't see the point.

He's third behind LeBron and Giannis imo (at least in the regular season so far)
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"

Return to Miami Heat