ImageImageImage

Trade Speculation III : I am become McSob, Destroyer of Capspace

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Re: Trade Speculation III : I am become McSob, Destroyer of Capspace 

Post#561 » by Andre Roberstan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:54 pm

Just popped in to say 10/10 for spicy thread title

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#562 » by KingDavid » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:14 pm

Damn hif just ethered Dragic.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,386

Post#563 » by Rapaz » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:30 pm

Myam333
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,909

Post#564 » by Myam333 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:58 pm

The Wade fellaters never cease to amaze me.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#565 » by KingDavid » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:20 pm

DWadElJefe wrote:The Wade fellaters never cease to amaze me.

Hif didn't say anything wrong. Just made his own observation. If we look at the recent champions, Dragic isn't on the level of the 3 best players of those teams. If our $24 million paperweight were able to play, we'd probably hit the ecf this year.
#HEATLifer

Myam333
Assistant Coach

Post#566 » by Myam333 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:44 pm

KingDavid wrote:

Hif didn't say anything wrong. Just made his own observation. If we look at the recent champions, Dragic isn't on the level of the 3 best players of those teams. If our $24 million paperweight were able to play, we'd probably hit the ecf this year.

First of all he said he was average. If you believe that too then the convos over already.

He doesn't need 3 better players to be on a contender. I'm going to assume a complimentary player needs 1 player better than him to be on a contender. In that case Kyrie, Love, Klay, Draymond are also complimentary players. Not to mention Kyrie or Love never got close to playoffs when they were leading a team. Klay and Draymond wouldn't get close to playoffs either leading their own teams. So much for "on another level".
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#567 » by KingDavid » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:29 pm

DWadElJefe wrote:
KingDavid wrote:

First of all he said he was average. If you believe that too then the convos over already.

He doesn't need 3 better players to be on a contender. I'm going to assume a complimentary player needs 1 player better than him to be on a contender. In that case Kyrie, Love, Klay, Draymond are also complimentary players. Not to mention Kyrie or Love never got close to playoffs when they were leading a team. Klay and Draymond wouldn't get close to playoffs either leading their own teams. So much for "on another level".

I thought he said Dragic is above average. To an extent I feel the same about Dragic because he doesn't have an elite skill or physical tool and he's not young.

Dragic doesn't need 3 better players ahead of him to be on a contender. It's not really saying much but AD and KD would fit excellently with Dragic since he plays his absolute best with stretch bigs and a sniping wing.
#HEATLifer

Myam333
Assistant Coach

Post#568 » by Myam333 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:20 am

KingDavid wrote:
DWadElJefe wrote:
KingDavid wrote:Hif didn't say anything wrong. Just made his own observation. If we look at the recent champions, Dragic isn't on the level of the 3 best players of those teams. If our $24 million paperweight were able to play, we'd probably hit the ecf this year.

I thought he said Dragic is above average. To an extent I feel the same about Dragic because he doesn't have an elite skill or physical tool and he's not young.

Dragic doesn't need 3 better players ahead of him to be on a contender. It's not really saying much but AD and KD would fit excellently with Dragic since he plays his absolute best with stretch bigs and a sniping wing.

He said above average but he didn't mean it (see the last paragraph)

Anyways, I'll just let Dragic's numbers/percentages keep doing the talking. He can continue to ignore them and act like Dragic is playing like he did last year if he likes. (He does)
BaDaBo
Starter
And1: 7,401

Post#569 » by BaDaBo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:00 am

HIF wrote:
Spoiler:
My view on Dragic hasn't changed at any time since long before he came to the Heat.

He's a nice human being.

He's a decent PG. I've always said third level PG which may sound negative but it's not it means he's not elite and he's not near elite. He's an above average PG.

He can shoot, he can put his head down and charge. He isn't a very good leader and he's not very good at getting players involved in the game. he's also no longer young and therefore has no "potential". He's great for a lottery team or a 5-8 seed team (with other players) but he really isn't a PG for a contender unless they have 3 other better players. He's basically a complimentary piece.

Our "win streak" hasn't changed my view it just makes me marvel at some of my fellow Heat supporters who are so excited over a team who are STILL not even in the playoff positions. We're a team with a losing record in the East. Thankfully I realise that we are a team in transition and understand that Goran will never be part of a contender and is just around whilst we re-form our roster. Therefore I'm looking forward to a Goran trade as that will mean we are getting ready to challenge again.

I've been around too long to worry about whippersnappers like you who seem to be ejaculating over an average ageing player whose best days were representing Slovenia - which he has done with honour and passion - but who will never see a conference final before his retirement.

:wink:

Meanwhile on the Bulls board:

My view on Wade hasn't changed at any time since before he came to the Bulls.

He's a fashionable human being.

He's a decent SG. I've always said third level SG which may sound negative but it's not it means he's not elite and he's not near elite. He's an above average SG and has been for a few years now.

He can't shoot the three, he can score inside. He isn't a very good leader anymore and he's not very good at getting players involved in the game. He's also no longer young and therefore has no "potential". He's great for a lottery team (with other players) but he really isn't a starting SG for a contender unless they have 3 other better players. He's basically a complimentary piece.

Our "loosing streak" hasn't changed my view it just makes me marvel at some of my fellow Bulls supporters who are so excited over a team who isn't even in the playoff positions anymore. We're a team with a losing record in the East. Thankfully I realize that we are a team in transition and understand that Wade will never be part of a contender and is just around whilst we re-form our roster. Therefore I'm looking forward to a Wade waive as that will mean we are getting ready to challenge again.

I've been around too long to worry about whippersnappers like you who seem to be ejaculating over an average ageing player whose best days were representing Miami - which he has done with honor and passion - but who will never see a conference final again before his retirement.

Spoiler:
Relax it's all in good fun :wink:

Spoiler:
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,334

Post#570 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:16 am

Bishop45 wrote:Man what a year Wayne Ellington is having, may be different sample sizes but I don't think he was even being used this efficiently under MDA. His work around screens have been great, like to believe he's helped Spo's offense a great deal

Quality signing in hindsight of what I thought about him this summer

I'm gonna shine and bask in the glory right now then. Cause I was criticized about Wayne Ellington when I was talking about signing him back in May 2016.

I posted on here that we need to get rid of Luol Deng, and replace him with two 3&D guys for cheaper. Wayne Ellington being 1 of my choices. Ya'll told me I didn't know what I'm talking about.

Now Luol had a terrible season in LA, and Wayne Ellington has a higher PER than him.

I'm so glad Riley has an eye for talent cause he saw it too. The guy is a great teamplayer and can hit the 3 pt shot and play some D off the bench.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#571 » by IggieCC » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:55 am

The Heat beat the Pelicans on Wednesday and are now tied for the final playoff spot in the East. Miami began the season 11-30, which would be the worst record through 41 games by any team to make the postseason in NBA history. (via Elias Sports Bureau)Image

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
J-House
Veteran
And1: 10,884

Post#572 » by J-House » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:49 pm

Gotta love this team. No real "superstar" but we are balling! You can tell that this team doesn't really care about individual numbers. We're starting to realize that all you need is a good system and good players. With the way the NBA is now it's gonna be hard to get a whale so why not just re-sign some guys and keep scouting Sioux Falls? We have great chemistry and I can only imagine how this team would fare after a whole year of playing together. I'm not trying to shell out a bunch of money for a player that isn't absolutely a perfect fit for us (looking at you Blake Griffins & Paul Milsaps of the world). Maybe next year we could have a roster of:
Dragic/FA
Waiters/TJ/Ellington
Winslow/J-Rich/McGruder
FA/JJ/White
Whiteside/FA/UD
It's hard to make a depth chart for these guys because they a lot of these dudes can play multiple positions. AND we still have our draft pick.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#573 » by Flash4thewin » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:06 pm

J-House wrote:Gotta love this team. No real "superstar" but we are balling! You can tell that this team doesn't really care about individual numbers. We're starting to realize that all you need is a good system and good players. With the way the NBA is now it's gonna be hard to get a whale so why not just re-sign some guys and keep scouting Sioux Falls? We have great chemistry and I can only imagine how this team would fare after a whole year of playing together. I'm not trying to shell out a bunch of money for a player that isn't absolutely a perfect fit for us (looking at you Blake Griffins & Paul Milsaps of the world). Maybe next year we could have a roster of:
Dragic/FA
Waiters/TJ/Ellington
Winslow/J-Rich/McGruder
FA/JJ/White
Whiteside/FA/UD
It's hard to make a depth chart for these guys because they a lot of these dudes can play multiple positions. AND we still have our draft pick.

The problem is to keep this team together will mean playing players. Players so far are not taking a penny less to play here from Whiteside to Tyler so if we want to keep this team together expect to pay market value. That also means good bye to any whales vis FA but maybe with the new CBA getting them via trades makes more sense.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,490

Post#574 » by Bishop45 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:37 am

Wonder how hard the shamble boat has to rock for the Clips, for Griffin to consider us. We'd have to play really well and Clips really poorly

Don't really have a shot at a star 3, so to fill out roster sign JJ to a 14-16m middling contract to play the starting 3, hope Waiters negotiates so there's enough room for another 4 (Preferably short-term 2-year for nothing short of Griffin/Milsap) and try to draft some extra depth... Otherwise, try our earnest not to max out this team

Goran/TJ/ Actual third string point guard
Waiters/McGruder
JJ/Winslow/Okaro
(Maybe Griffin or Milsapp pls)/ Possible draftee: OG Anunoby/Semi Ojeleye or TJ leaf (Or Babbitt for the min again???)
Whiteside(???)/(Likely not Willie Reed so we'll leave empty) possible draftee: Caleb Swanigan/ Isaiah Hartenstein/ Jarret Allen ???/ Definitely UD or McBibby

^That could be fun for a few years mayb
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
J-House
Veteran
And1: 10,884

Post#575 » by J-House » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:48 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Wonder how hard the shamble boat has to rock for the Clips, for Griffin to consider us. We'd have to play really well and Clips really poorly

Don't really have a shot at a star 3, so to fill out roster sign JJ to a 14-16m middling contract to play the starting 3, hope Waiters negotiates so there's enough room for another 4 (Preferably short-term 2-year for nothing short of Griffin/Milsap) and try to draft some extra depth... Otherwise, try our earnest not to max out this team

Waiters/McGruder
JJ/Winslow/Okaro
(Maybe Griffin or Milsapp pls)/ Possible draftee: OG Anunoby/Semi Ojeleye or TJ leaf (Or Babbitt for the min again???)
Whiteside(???)/(Likely not Willie Reed so we'll leave empty) possible draftee: Caleb Swanigan/ Isaiah Hartenstein/ Jarret Allen ???/ Definitely UD or McBibby

I think JJ is way more effective playing the 4 than the 3 especially with the stretch 4 being such a vital part of the new NBA. I don't really like Blake's game especially next to Hassan. Totally agree with picking up a real PG to back up Goran. We'll have a lot of money to spend but we should definitely re-sign Waiters and JJ while strengthening our depth. Maybe sign someone like a Donatas Motiejunas to a one year deal. It's not exciting but we have a pretty good team but injuries have really messed us up. Maybe we can have something for next year like:
Goran/Veteran FA
Waiters/TJ/Ellington
Winslow/Richardson/McGruder
JJ/Draft pick?/White
Whiteside/FA/UD
I've said this before but that is Spo's type of team, players that can play multiple positions and can play defense.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,490

Post#576 » by Bishop45 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:09 pm

J-House wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:Wonder how hard the shamble boat has to rock for the Clips, for Griffin to consider us. We'd have to play really well and Clips really poorly

Waiters/McGruder
JJ/Winslow/Okaro

I think JJ is way more effective playing the 4 than the 3 especially with the stretch 4 being such a vital part of the new NBA. I don't really like Blake's game especially next to Hassan. Totally agree with picking up a real PG to back up Goran. We'll have a lot of money to spend but we should definitely re-sign Waiters and JJ while strengthening our depth. Maybe sign someone like a Donatas Motiejunas to a one year deal. It's not exciting but we have a pretty good team but injuries have really messed us up. Maybe we can have something for next year like:
Goran/Veteran FA
Waiters/TJ/Ellington
Winslow/Richardson/McGruder
JJ/Draft pick?/White
Whiteside/FA/UD
I've said this before but that is Spo's type of team, players that can play multiple positions and can play defense.

JJ's easily the best 3 we could plausibly obtain tho and gives us a shot at one of the better FA's this year. He's a great 4 but still could be a great 3 and give us a shot at better depth. Blake's easily the best player we could have a shot at, wouldn't woodshed that cause Hassan. He's a better fit than Bosh at least and a good fit with the rest of the roster
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
BaDaBo
Starter
And1: 7,401

Post#577 » by BaDaBo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:22 pm

Idk about you guys but I'd bring back Babbit for a minimum if he agrees. Dude is over 45% from three in 2017 and is decent on defense in short stints.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#578 » by contract » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:08 pm

:meditate:
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#579 » by contract » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:13 pm

Heat "fans" that crap on Wade never cease to amaze me. Nor do they ever cease to screw up perfectly good threads by by injecting their Wade hate where it doesn't belong.

But hey ...
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Myam333
Assistant Coach

Post#580 » by Myam333 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:54 am

contract wrote:

Heat "fans" that crap on Wade never cease to amaze me. Nor do they ever cease to screw up perfectly good threads by by injecting their Wade hate where it doesn't belong.

But hey ...

Heat "fans" that crap on Riley/Dragic and prefer that we overpay wade need to head over to the Bulls board already. The negativity and irrational thinking by fellaters injected into threads are screwing them up. You're excused.

Return to Miami Heat