ImageImageImage

Trade Speculation III : I am become McSob, Destroyer of Capspace

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

J-House
Veteran
And1: 10,884

Re: Trade Speculation III : I am become McSob, Destroyer of Capspace 

Post#581 » by J-House » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:17 am

So when are we gonna re-sign Rio?
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,764

Post#582 » by contract » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:40 am

DWadElJefe wrote:
contract wrote:
DWadElJefe wrote:The Wade fellaters never cease to amaze me.

Heat "fans" that crap on Wade never cease to amaze me. Nor do they ever cease to screw up perfectly good threads by by injecting their Wade hate where it doesn't belong.

But hey ...

Heat "fans" that crap on Riley/Dragic and prefer that we overpay wade need to head over to the Bulls board already. The negativity and irrational thinking by fellaters injected into threads are screwing them up. You're excused.

Good thing we didn't overpay Wade, otherwise we wouldn't be able to overpay this sub .500 team for the next 4 years.

And feel free to change your board name. You look ridiculous.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#583 » by gom » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:56 am

DWadElJefe & Contract: You both have a good point, but I seriously doubt that we can afford to pay DWade to return to Miami. I also don't think he's that interested in returning after making such a big deal about going home to Chicago. That being the case, do you think it's a relevant topic for this thread?

Also, I'm a fan of this sub 0.500 team, contract, who are playing for their lives and having fun. I don't think we are a great NBA team either, but we already started without one max contract because of Bosh's blood clots. Under the circumstances, let's give them credit and look forward.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Myam333
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,909

Post#584 » by Myam333 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:03 pm

contract wrote:
DWadElJefe wrote:
contract wrote:Heat "fans" that crap on Wade never cease to amaze me. Nor do they ever cease to screw up perfectly good threads by by injecting their Wade hate where it doesn't belong.

But hey ...

Heat "fans" that crap on Riley/Dragic and prefer that we overpay wade need to head over to the Bulls board already. The negativity and irrational thinking by fellaters injected into threads are screwing them up. You're excused.

Good thing we didn't overpay Wade, otherwise we wouldn't be able to overpay this sub .500 team for the next 4 years.

And feel free to change your board name. You look ridiculous.

Feel free to head over to the Bulls board. I insist.

You and your fellating buddies ARE ridiculous.

Anyways, I'm done Gom. Shouldn't be replying to people on the ignore list anyways.

Back to the topic.
leoshes
Veteran
And1: 5,437

Post#585 » by leoshes » Wed Apr 5, 2017 7:54 pm

We dont need Wade back we have enough guards. What we need are forwards, & maybe a 3rd string center for insurance reasons. But if Wade wants to sign for the min, with no promises on playing time then sure why not.
contract
RealGM

Post#586 » by contract » Wed Apr 5, 2017 9:23 pm

37-40 and talking trash.
contract
RealGM

Post#587 » by contract » Fri Apr 7, 2017 5:52 pm

NBA Projecting $101M Salary Cap For 17-18 Season

Apr 6, 2017 9:29 PM

The NBA has sent a memo to all 30 teams projecting a salary cap of $101 million for the 17-18 season, which is significantly less than initially projected. The most recent cap projection was $103 million and at one time was projected to hit $108 million.

The cap for the current season is at $94.1 million

The luxury tax is projected to hit $121 million for the 17-18 season, up from $113 million in 16-17.

Adrian Wojnarowski/The Vertical

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/245541/NBA-Projecting-$101M-Salary-Cap-For-17-18-Season
===============================================================================================

The incredible shrinking '17/'18 cap.
leoshes
Veteran

Post#588 » by leoshes » Fri Apr 7, 2017 8:38 pm

contract wrote:37-40 and talking trash.

Wade sucks so hard that his team plays better without him. + if Dion didnt gone down, we would be 5th, or 6th by now. Wade is not the Wade that you remember. He doesnt have that 1st step, or the hang time to get off a clean look anymore. He is a ball stopper, that cant spread that floor cause he cant shoot with range.
I am still a big han of Steive Smith but i am not stupid enough to want him back on my team. Wade belongs in the glue factory, or at best sitting next to Haslem in a suit.
contract
RealGM

Post#589 » by contract » Sat Apr 8, 2017 12:22 am

What?
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,788

Re: RE: Re: Trade Speculation III : I am become McSob, Destroyer of Capspace 

Post#590 » by Hallstar » Sat Apr 8, 2017 3:42 am

leoshes wrote:

Wade sucks so hard that his team plays better without him. + if Dion didnt gone down, we would be 5th, or 6th by now. Wade is not the Wade that you remember. He doesnt have that 1st step, or the hang time to get off a clean look anymore. He is a ball stopper, that cant spread that floor cause he cant shoot with range.
I am still a big han of Steive Smith but i am not stupid enough to want him back on my team. Wade belongs in the glue factory, or at best sitting next to Haslem in a suit.

Blah blah, they've been inconsistent regardless. Wade is still better than every member of the 2017 Heat

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
leoshes
Veteran

Post#591 » by leoshes » Sat Apr 8, 2017 6:56 am

Hallstar wrote:
leoshes wrote:

Blah blah, they've been inconsistent regardless. Wade is still better than every member of the 2017 Heat

You keep telling yourself that. Too slow, too old, cant shoot, no vert anymore, & is a defensive liability. Yeah thats what we want. & on top of that is one of the biggest ball stoppers around. Yeah no thanks. Too bad he got injured or else we would be a lock for the playoffs.
Pure_Basketball
Head Coach
And1: 6,375

Post#592 » by Pure_Basketball » Sat Apr 8, 2017 9:40 am

Maybe it's not Mion that is really the source of us winning. Maybe Dragic just plays that much better with a competent shooting guard/small forward. I don't want to pay Waiters a lot of money as our ceiling with him is 2nd round AT BEST....Whereas adding someone like Gordon Hayward, or Paul Milsap, and another really talented player makes us very dangerous in my opinion.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,788

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Trade Speculation III : I am become McSob, Destroyer of Capspace 

Post#593 » by Hallstar » Sat Apr 8, 2017 9:50 am

leoshes wrote:
Hallstar wrote:
leoshes wrote:

You keep telling yourself that. Too slow, too old, cant shoot, no vert anymore, & is a defensive liability. Yeah thats what we want. & on top of that is one of the biggest ball stoppers around. Yeah no thanks. Too bad he got injured or else we would be a lock for the playoffs.

Oh, that's why the Bulls were ahead of us all season until the Rondo drama

Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,742

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Trade Speculation III : I am become McSob, Destroyer of Capspace 

Post#594 » by Chalm Down » Sat Apr 8, 2017 10:46 am

Hallstar wrote:
leoshes wrote:
Hallstar wrote:Blah blah, they've been inconsistent regardless. Wade is still better than every member of the 2017 Heat

Moreso because of Jimmy G Buckets tbh. Can't help loving that guy's game despite the fact he's on the Bulls...
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#595 » by Chalm Down » Sat Apr 8, 2017 10:51 am

Hallstar wrote:
leoshes wrote:

Idk if Wade's even been better than Dion, let alone Dragic.
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,439

Post#596 » by Bishop45 » Sat Apr 8, 2017 11:49 am

Chalm Down wrote:
Hallstar wrote:
leoshes wrote:

Idk if Wade's even been better than Dion, let alone Dragic.

By just about any advanced stat possible, I'll raise you a James Johnson as well...
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
contract
RealGM

Post#597 » by contract » Sat Apr 8, 2017 11:59 am

Chalm Down wrote:Idk if Wade's even been better than Dion, let alone Dragic.

The Pat Riley mind screw is strong, and blaspheme flows freely around here. It's shocking to read this nonsense from Heat fans.

Go ahead and pull up the stats and compare old washed up Wade's season with Dion's best. Wait, I'll do it for you.

http://bkref.com/tiny/qq91A

Or just look at their respective player efficiency ratings: 35 year old washed broken down Wade (18.9) ... Waiters (14.5) which is below the league average of 15 ... again.

As I've said before, if you took Dion's very best season, had it stand on it's tippy toes and reach up as high as it possibly can ... it still couldn't scratch the nuts of Wade's worst season.

This fanbase deserves Dion Waiters. This fanbase deserves more Dion Waiters. This fanbase deserves a team full of them, and never anything better.

And for the record, no Bosh wasn't better either. Not even at the end.
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#598 » by Chalm Down » Sat Apr 8, 2017 12:27 pm

contract wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:Idk if Wade's even been better than Dion, let alone Dragic.

The Pat Riley mind screw is strong, and blaspheme flows freely around here. It's shocking to read this nonsense from Heat fans.

Go ahead and pull up the stats and compare old washed up Wade's season with Dion's best. Wait, I'll do it for you.

http://bkref.com/tiny/qq91A

Or just look at their respective player efficiency ratings: 35 year old washed broken down Wade (18.9) ... Waiters (14.5) which is below the league average of 15 ... again.

As I've said before, if you took Dion's very best season, had it stand on it's tippy toes and reach up as high as it possibly can ... it still couldn't scratch the nuts of Wade's worst season.

This fanbase deserves Dion Waiters. This fanbase deserves more Dion Waiters. This fanbase deserves a team full of them, and never anything better.

And for the record, no Bosh wasn't better either. Not even at the end.

Contract, I disagree with the suggestion that we are just some Pat Riley puppets. I've been critical of some of his decisions in the past, as have others on this board :)

As for those stats that you pulled up...I see two players with the same efficiency (both pretty below average). Dion is the superior 3pt% shooter and averages more assists. Wade gets to the line more and averages more rebounds.

Dion is the more consistent, if not overall superior, defender this year. He has a better team record and net rating. He's hit multiple clutch shots for Miami this year. That's definitely some nut-scratching if you ask me.

Idk what this fanbase deserves, but if it's Mion, so be it. At least he's brought fun and enjoyment to the fanbase this year :)
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,806

Post#599 » by KingDavid » Sat Apr 8, 2017 1:18 pm

Hallstar wrote:
leoshes wrote:
Hallstar wrote:Blah blah, they've been inconsistent regardless. Wade is still better than every member of the 2017 Heat

Most of the NBA was ahead of us for some time, Hallstar. We had to change our offense and find an identity for 41 games. Had Dion not gone down, we'd easily be in the playoffs.

That said, Dion hasn't shown me enough consistency to think he could take this team out of the 2nd round. The playoffs would be where he proves his worth. Dion works with Dragic because he can space the floor at SG yet still have that slashing ability. My problem with Dion is his consistency with decision making, a go-to range on a jumpshot, consistent finishing ability, and a post game, that's what separates him from Wade. That separation is the size of an ocean, just to be clear, lol. But if there was going to be a test of that improvement in those areas under immense pressure, it would have been the damn playoffs. Fml. Now we're about to almost max him without knowing what he's truly worth to the franchise.

Dion fits better here than current Wade. The fact that at 35 years old, he's getting compared to players in their prime is nothing short of amazing. But he's breaking down. Current Wade on this team isn't playing with a Jimmy Butler, who he can defer to when the going gets rough. It would be all on his shoulders again as a first option. I don't think he can handle that anymore at his age, mileage, and injuries. He's not that guy anymore.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,798

Post#600 » by Mos_Heat » Sat Apr 8, 2017 1:28 pm

Mion is better than Wade almost in everything.

And I don't even like him, but it's obvious
:reporter:

Return to Miami Heat