ImageImageImage

Winslow

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,851

Re: Winslow 

Post#181 » by Wiltside » Tue Oct 3, 2017 10:20 pm

To be fair, that's 45 minutes after a long practice - and it's 20 seconds long. Who knows, he may have hit a bunch prior. They're probably working on something specific motion and form wise, so the result maybe doesn't matter at this point.

Lets wait for the regular season before we see where it's at.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#182 » by Wiltside » Wed Oct 4, 2017 12:40 am

Justise on the work he's putting in to become a better shooter:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/heat-check/article176834831.html
ndnow
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#183 » by ndnow » Wed Oct 4, 2017 11:28 am

Wiltside wrote:To be fair, that's 45 minutes after a long practice - and it's 20 seconds long. Who knows, he may have hit a bunch prior. They're probably working on something specific motion and form wise, so the result maybe doesn't matter at this point.

You may be right but not in the way I thought. People are saying he was shooting with his right hand, I didn't even notice.. You think he is going to switch his shooting hand?

Edit: Never mind they are wrong I think, looks like his left foot is forward.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#184 » by Wiltside » Wed Oct 4, 2017 10:14 pm

ndnow wrote:
Wiltside wrote:To be fair, that's 45 minutes after a long practice - and it's 20 seconds long. Who knows, he may have hit a bunch prior. They're probably working on something specific motion and form wise, so the result maybe doesn't matter at this point.

You may be right but not in the way I thought. But people are saying he was shooting with his right hand, I didn't even notice.. You think he is going to switch his shooting hand?

Edit: Never mind they are wrong I think, looks like his left foot is forward.

No, I reckon you might be right. To me at any rate, it looks like the release is coming out of his right hand. I could be wrong though.

Don't think he will switch his shooting hand, but then again, I'm not certain in the point of this drill :laugh:
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,217

Post#185 » by twix2500 » Thu Oct 5, 2017 11:16 am

Justise has a number of problems that I think I can tell from watching him shoot. For one he aims at the rim. Dont shoot at the rim, you mentally want to picture the ball drop at the bottom of the net. When you aim at the rim you will tend to direct your hand and arm at the rim as if the ball is going straight and the ball will not be arch enough. Two, Winslow has very broad shoulders and he is shooting the ball too far to the middle of his body. He needs to get his arm more to the left of his body that will give him more control and better arch. Also, he is half jumping into his shot and jumping forward. You always want the goal to be land exactly where you jumped. Shoot up not forward. Stop aiming and thinking so much. Just imagine the ball going in the bottom cylinder of the net not the rim. I bet i could teach Winslow within a month to a 40% 3 pt shooter.
orphicwhip
Starter
And1: 5,482

Post#186 » by orphicwhip » Thu Oct 5, 2017 7:07 pm

Those were left-handed shots. Winslow was on the far end of the practice court. I just happened to catch a run where he missed five shots in a row. There were many other instances when he buried five or six in a row. He puts up close to 1,000 shots a day and doesn’t leave the court until he’s made at least 500.

From Manny Navarro
Wagonband
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,191

Post#187 » by Wagonband » Fri Oct 6, 2017 8:14 am

I've watched all Heat games since Winslow has come to the league, and i really think he is going to be a bust. For every good play that he makes he makes 5 bad ones; misses wide open shots, can't for the most part convert contested lay-ups, and just makes stupid unforced turnovers on a daily basis.

And that's without mentioning his atrocious shot. Man he has all the physical tools, but it seemed to me that his injury last year was what allowed the Heat to start playing well. I really hope Spoelstra doesn't over-force him this year, and gives him max 15min a game.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,469

Post#188 » by Bishop45 » Fri Oct 6, 2017 12:38 pm

Mans handles are looking nice, moving well out there. Want to see him convert more

Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,970

Post#189 » by eddieheatfan » Fri Oct 6, 2017 10:24 pm

Wagonband wrote:I've watched all Heat games since Winslow has come to the league, and i really think he is going to be a bust. For every good play that he makes he makes 5 bad ones; misses wide open shots, can't for the most part convert contested lay-ups, and just makes stupid unforced turnovers on a daily basis.

And that's without mentioning his atrocious shot. Man he has all the physical tools, but it seemed to me that his injury last year was what allowed the Heat to start playing well. I really hope Spoelstra doesn't over-force him this year, and gives him max 15min a game.

I really hope Spoelstra doesn't over-force him this year, and gives him max 15min a game.
amen,brother
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,773

Post#190 » by contract » Sat Oct 7, 2017 10:34 am

Wiltside wrote:Don't think he will switch his shooting hand ...

Could it really hurt? He may as well shoot with his feet.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
contract
RealGM

Post#191 » by contract » Sat Oct 7, 2017 10:48 am

twix2500 wrote:I bet i could teach Winslow within a month to a 40% 3 pt shooter.

How about you just get him over 70% from the free throw line first? Baby steps.
contract
RealGM

Post#192 » by contract » Sat Oct 7, 2017 11:01 am

eddieheatfan wrote:
I really hope Spoelstra doesn't over-force him this year, and gives him max 15min a game.
amen,brother

He has a secure spot on the roster ... but he should have to earn his minutes, the same as McGruder or Bam. So called potential don't fly when you're trying to secure a top 4 seed in the conference.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,469

Post#193 » by Bishop45 » Sat Oct 7, 2017 1:56 pm

Breh, what happened to Draftexpress's music selection, phucking ESPN ruins everything :noway:

Vids are spot on, got the floater and slashing too. Hope he can get to the line at a much better rate this year as well as upping his percentage at the line
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#194 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Oct 9, 2017 9:10 am

Love this kid, To me he's a Heat lifer weather he gets to that All-star level (Mainly due to improving shooting) or Not.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
caliban
NBA TnT Forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 3,231

Post#195 » by caliban » Mon Oct 9, 2017 9:33 am

21 y.o. Been out for a year with a shoulder injury. Struggled finding his place in the offense to begin with. Winslow should be much improved come Mars. Patience guys and girls, the offense looks garbo whoever is out there right now.
20-21 apbrMetrics RMSE Team win projections winner. Three time RMSE runner up
RGM TnT board Team Win predictions winner
HoopsMalone
Veteran
And1: 1,548

Post#196 » by HoopsMalone » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:51 am

Wagonband wrote:I've watched all Heat games since Winslow has come to the league, and i really think he is going to be a bust. For every good play that he makes he makes 5 bad ones; misses wide open shots, can't for the most part convert contested lay-ups, and just makes stupid unforced turnovers on a daily basis.

Wow. After watching this game I can see what you mean about the 1:5 good to bad play ratio... I don't get what is going on with this kid...
Wagonband
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,191

Post#197 » by Wagonband » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:54 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:Love this kid, To me he's a Heat lifer weather he gets to that All-star level (Mainly due to improving shooting) or Not.

Obviously i'm not a long-time Heat fan, but why would you say that? What constitues a Heat lifer? Some people like to post good moves Winslow makes, and they do look pretty, but if you watch the games you can see that he usually fails at those moves. He looks great when he finishes, but most often than not he just bricks.

I think he is being severly outplayed by McGruder and Richardson and really hope they are the ones that see most time on the SF despite their size. And it's not like Winslow is better than those 2 on defence either.

He seems like a good dude, but i'm pretty sure he would never reach the NBA if he somehow started his career in Europe
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#198 » by Flash4thewin » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:52 pm

I wish him nothing but the best and hope he gets his shooting touch. Its kinda like Anthony carter out there.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,217

Post#199 » by twix2500 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:32 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:I wish him nothing but the best and hope he gets his shooting touch. Its kinda like Anthony carter out there.

Exactly, I was hoping for him to be todays version of Ron Artest, but he becoming the swing player version of Anthony Carter.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#200 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:48 pm

he will be a good bench player 15min a night for us, hard to see him deserving anything more with his shooting at the moment.

Return to Miami Heat