ImageImageImage

Winslow

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Re: Winslow 

Post#281 » by puppa bear » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:23 pm

gom wrote:After the game in Mexico City versus the Nets, it's clear that Winslow's shooting (if not his defense) is improving, but he still has far to go. Updated stats (after 25th game in Mexico)

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Looking at those numbers with last years sandwiched between, it makes it look so much more like last year was an aberration, and one cut short by injury. This year looks like a normal progression for a second year player - can we petition the league to have his stats for last year expunged from existence?
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,665

Post#282 » by Kobewade11 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:16 pm

The kid worked his tail off to rehab and improve his shooting over the summer. He doesn't have far to go, statistically he's improving on a normal trajectory for a player his age..he just needs a consistent role with consistent playing time if we want to see consistent results start to stack up. He's playing 5 less minutes per game than his rookie season, looking at some of his contemporaries Richardson is +11 in minutes from rookie season to now, Oubre +17, Stanley +7.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,471

Post#283 » by Bishop45 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:08 pm

Last year he had a huge improvement in his playmaking that a large part of the fanbase won't credit him for, this year looks like he's getting his shot together. I'd like to see him steadily shoot 4 threes a game on at least 30% this year but it's early. If he's traded, hopefully the next coach gives him back some handling opportunities and he keeps up his 3pt percentage
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#284 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:19 pm

Justise now is shooting 39% from 3 this year. how bout them apples.

Still needs to be way more aggressive and drive and finish strong, but making strides.

Spo better keep pushing him to be impactful on offense, give him the ball and live with some growing pains.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,932

Post#285 » by Wiltside » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:31 pm

Actually think he's better suited in this 2nd unit tbh, away from Mion.

He's an athletic guy, but he doesn't use his athleticism as much as he could, particularly when going to the hole. Would love to see him explode for a jam like he did in his very first game vs Charlotte. The tip dunk vs Washington was an example of the hops he does have, but doesn't use enough.

Very happy to see that 3-ball coming along though. Need a few more multiple three games before I feel like it's for real though.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,932

Post#286 » by Wiltside » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:58 am

Additional tidbit.

In 11 games off the bench, Winslow's numbers are:

7.3ppg, 5.4rpg, 1.5apg, 0.5bpg, 0.6spg in 23.1mpg. Shooting wise, he's 47.9%fg (3.1 / 6.5) and 47.1% 3fg (0.7 / 1.5).

Clearly looks more comfortable coming off the bench. He's had a 3pter in 4 consecutive games, the longest streak of his career. I'd say the jumper is coming around. Next step in the evolution is to figure out how to finish through contact (or atleast draw the foul) and to get more "Point Winslow" time. He showed such huge progress in that area last season, would love to see him handle the rock more than he is currently.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#287 » by KingDavid » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:13 pm

Very glad his 3pt shot seems to be coming through. When his pull up 3 catches up, his game should explode from there.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#288 » by Zasterror » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:30 pm

It will be a slow grind but Winslow will be worth it in the end. Hopefully the Heat will still be patient with him enough to keep him around in his mid-20s.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,794

Re: RE: Re: Winslow 

Post#289 » by Hallstar » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:34 am

Zasterror wrote:It will be a slow grind but Winslow will be worth it in the end. Hopefully the Heat will still be patient with him enough to keep him around in his mid-20s.
So we're waiting for his 3rd contract to know what we have? Hell of a player to build around

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,247

Post#290 » by twix2500 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:52 am

Progress, he still has to be a very disciplined shooter. He showing the signs he can make wide open shots from the corner. He far from out the woods.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,753

Post#291 » by Chalm Down » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:44 am

Hallstar wrote:
Zasterror wrote:It will be a slow grind but Winslow will be worth it in the end. Hopefully the Heat will still be patient with him enough to keep him around in his mid-20s.
So we're waiting for his 3rd contract to know what we have? Hell of a player to build around

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

They're building around him?
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#292 » by Kobewade11 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:57 am

Chalm Down wrote:
They're building around him?

Yea I didn't really understand that comment. Winslow, along with Richardson have been billed by the organization as building pieces. I don't think anybody inside ever said either one was meant to be the center piece of this operation.
Hallstar
Head Coach

Post#293 » by Hallstar » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:32 am

We're capped out with no allstars and no draft picks, one of the young pieces on the team better be viewed as the future. If it's not the guy that was billed as potential Kawhi and Jimmy Butler, then who is it?

We can get into semantics of building piece and center piece, but right now whoever you consider our best player is likely a 3rd option on a contender at best.

The team needs a fresh start, and I see no reason to compound our issues by waiting til he's 26 to figure out the real Winslow .
Rafly
Starter
And1: 10,501

Post#294 » by Rafly » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:19 pm

Hallstar wrote:We're capped out with no allstars and no draft picks, one of the young pieces on the team better be viewed as the future. If it's not the guy that was billed as potential Kawhi and Jimmy Butler, then who is it?

We can get into semantics of building piece and center piece, but right now whoever you consider our best player is likely a 3rd option on a contender at best.

The team needs a fresh start, and I see no reason to compound our issues by waiting til he's 26 to figure out the real Winslow .

The team might need a fresh start but that has nothing to do with Bustise. Fact of the matter is he's gone from 20% to 40% from 3 in a year after injuries and stuff. I’m excited to see what another year brings. And on the fresh start definitely understandable but you get ride of Hassan, Dragic, Dion etc.
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#295 » by Kobewade11 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:23 pm

Hallstar wrote:We're capped out with no allstars and no draft picks, one of the young pieces on the team better be viewed as the future. If it's not the guy that was billed as potential Kawhi and Jimmy Butler, then who is it?

Yea, that has nothing to do with Winslow. If you think we have a problem in the area of who our best players are then maybe you should start there. As for Winslow, like Bam, their development is costing us pennies on the dollar right now. They havent been awarded 100 million, 90 million, or 52 million dollar contracts.
Hallstar
Head Coach

Post#296 » by Hallstar » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:03 pm

kobewade11 wrote:

Yea, that has nothing to do with Winslow. If you think we have a problem in the area of who our best players are then maybe you should start there. As for Winslow, like Bam, their development is costing us pennies on the dollar right now. They havent been awarded 100 million, 90 million, or 52 million dollar contracts.

He's not gonna be cheap forever and the extension is coming sooner than later. Which is why I quoted the person talking about mid 20s.

We've been giving out contracts hoping something will happen and we're busy going nowhere. So is the idea to match Winslow at 60 mil because some other team might show interest?

My point is where does it end? We already have a 100 mil supporting cast with nothing to support.

I'm not against Winslow, I'm against the lack of direction the last 3 years
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#297 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:02 pm

Nobody is maxing Justise right now, we need to be patience, maximize his development and hope he breaks out.

When his rookie deal is done, reassess his value considering the other option.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#298 » by puppa bear » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:56 pm

Hallstar wrote:
kobewade11 wrote:

He's not gonna be cheap forever and the extension is coming sooner than later. Which is why I quoted the person talking about mid 20s.

We've been giving out contracts hoping something will happen and we're busy going nowhere. So is the idea to match Winslow at 60 mil because some other team might show interest?

My point is where does it end? We already have a 100 mil supporting cast with nothing to support.

I'm not against Winslow, I'm against the lack of direction the last 3 years

Yes we might not have anything to support, right now. But I would expect Riley to be very active this year, with lots of movable pieces for teams looking to move FA stars who are not committing (PG) or may be flight risks (Boogie), or perhaps RFAs that may cost too much to resign (Parker). It may be that we look the same at the end of the season, but I'm expecting some change.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,471

Post#299 » by Bishop45 » Thu Feb 8, 2018 11:53 am

Bishop45 wrote:Going to be a sad day if/when he gets traded

Don't drink, so I'll po' out a pint of Fairlife for him

Thug holiday, seen't it
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Wiltside