ImageImageImage

Predictions For Waiters Next Season

Moderators: DayofMourning, QUIZ, IggieCC, heat4life, BFRESH44

Feel_the_Heat15
Senior
Posts: 629
And1: 603
Joined: Jun 22, 2015
       

Predictions For Waiters Next Season 

Post#1 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:04 pm

Had a great season and is only 25 yo. One of the better passers at the SG position and plays great defense. A little CJ Mccollum and Harden-esque to me when it comes to shooting 3s and passing. How good could he potentially be next season? I think he could become a star next season if he works on his FT shooting(64.6%) and finishing at the rim(50.7%). Should also work on getting to the line more often. 22 ppg 5.5 assists and 3 rebounds per 36 is around what I think he averages next season.
User avatar
Mos_Heat
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,960
And1: 15,420
Joined: Jan 12, 2016
 

Re: Predictions For Waiters Next Season 

Post#2 » by Mos_Heat » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:16 pm

18/4/4
contract
Head Coach
Posts: 6,990
And1: 8,170
Joined: Jan 11, 2009
Location: on your last nerve
 

Re: Predictions For Waiters Next Season 

Post#3 » by contract » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:25 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:Had a great season and is only 25 yo. One of the better passers at the SG position and plays great defense. A little CJ Mccollum and Harden-esque to me when it comes to shooting 3s and passing. How good could he potentially be next season? I think he could become a star next season if he works on his FT shooting(64.6%) and finishing at the rim(50.7%). Should also work on getting to the line more often. 22 ppg 5.5 assists and 3 rebounds per 36 is around what I think he averages next season.

He did not have a great season by any measure. And if we keep roughly the same team next season, I expect roughly the same performance from him again.
:gossip: :gossip: :argue: :gossip: :gossip:
JustiseForMiami
Junior
Posts: 394
And1: 627
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
       

Re: Predictions For Waiters Next Season 

Post#4 » by JustiseForMiami » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:47 pm

32/25/34
contract
Head Coach
Posts: 6,990
And1: 8,170
Joined: Jan 11, 2009
Location: on your last nerve
 

Re: Predictions For Waiters Next Season 

Post#5 » by contract » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:02 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:32/25/34

:o
:gossip: :gossip: :argue: :gossip: :gossip:
User avatar
Dr_Heat
Head Coach
Posts: 6,435
And1: 27,097
Joined: Feb 27, 2015
Location: inside AAA Arena basement
       

Re: Predictions For Waiters Next Season 

Post#6 » by Dr_Heat » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:39 pm

Finals mvp imho

Image
User avatar
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 13,406
And1: 4,894
Joined: Jun 28, 2001
Location: THREE-OH-FIVE - VICE CITY
       

Re: Predictions For Waiters Next Season 

Post#7 » by heat4life » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:10 pm

contract wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:32/25/34

:o


Sounds about right... 32 mpg /25 FGA /34% 3FG% 8-)
Image
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
contract
Head Coach
Posts: 6,990
And1: 8,170
Joined: Jan 11, 2009
Location: on your last nerve
 

Re: Predictions For Waiters Next Season 

Post#8 » by contract » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:36 pm

heat4life wrote:
contract wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:32/25/34

:o


Sounds about right... 32 mpg /25 FGA /34% 3FG% 8-)

I thought he was talking about his measurements.
:gossip: :gossip: :argue: :gossip: :gossip:
User avatar
Shewasfly
Veteran
Posts: 2,554
And1: 2,427
Joined: Aug 05, 2014
   

Re: Predictions For Waiters Next Season 

Post#9 » by Shewasfly » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:51 pm

Whatever he does, hopefully its not in a Heat uniform
Image
Lemons to lemonade.
User avatar
Wolfy1983
Analyst
Posts: 3,127
And1: 4,817
Joined: Jul 30, 2014
     

Re: Predictions For Waiters Next Season 

Post#10 » by Wolfy1983 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:07 pm

Iggy's replacement for Heat mod.
Image
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
Feel_the_Heat15
Senior
Posts: 629
And1: 603
Joined: Jun 22, 2015
       

Re: Predictions For Waiters Next Season 

Post#11 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:49 pm

contract wrote:
heat4life wrote:
contract wrote: :o


Sounds about right... 32 mpg /25 FGA /34% 3FG% 8-)

I thought he was talking about his measurements.


Thought that was Winslow's shooting splits; 32% overall, 25% from 3 and 34% at the freethrow line.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
Posts: 13,639
And1: 9,584
Joined: Dec 14, 2011

Re: Predictions For Waiters Next Season 

Post#12 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:01 am

Shewasfly wrote:Whatever he does, hopefully its not in a Heat uniform


Please take this to the Sonics board.
User avatar
Shewasfly
Veteran
Posts: 2,554
And1: 2,427
Joined: Aug 05, 2014
   

Re: Predictions For Waiters Next Season 

Post#13 » by Shewasfly » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:33 am

ReturnofMVP3 wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:Whatever he does, hopefully its not in a Heat uniform


Please take this to the Sonics board.


Image
I don't get it.
Image
Lemons to lemonade.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
Posts: 13,639
And1: 9,584
Joined: Dec 14, 2011

Re: Predictions For Waiters Next Season 

Post#14 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:00 am

Shewasfly wrote:
ReturnofMVP3 wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:Whatever he does, hopefully its not in a Heat uniform


Please take this to the Sonics board.


Image
I don't get it.


Maybe one day fly, maybe one day.
User avatar
gom
General Manager
Posts: 9,710
And1: 16,853
Joined: May 30, 2014
Contact:
   

Re: Predictions For Waiters Next Season 

Post#15 » by gom » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:29 pm

Image

16/5/5
55 games played.
30 minutes per game.

3P% = 40%

Best improvement: FT% = 80%

Worth every penny of his 3/40 contract = [$12,698,413]
On realgm Hiatus. Really. No, really.

I still trust Pat Riley.

Spoiler:
Please don't screw up our team.


Image
SCHeat
Senior
Posts: 730
And1: 639
Joined: Jan 24, 2015
 

Re: Predictions For Waiters Next Season 

Post#16 » by SCHeat » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:41 pm

S****ing on these haters, ball hard D Waiters
Ever since I got money, e’rybody need favors
User avatar
King_Supreme
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,624
And1: 926
Joined: May 06, 2009
Location: NYC.NY.America.World

Re: Predictions For Waiters Next Season 

Post#17 » by King_Supreme » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:28 pm

17ppg/4apg/46 % FG/37% 3pt
User avatar
Flash4thewin
General Manager
Posts: 7,766
And1: 1,819
Joined: Jan 27, 2006

Re: Predictions For Waiters Next Season 

Post#18 » by Flash4thewin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:29 am

gom wrote:Image

16/5/5
55 games played.
30 minutes per game.

3P% = 40%

Best improvement: FT% = 80%

Worth every penny of his 3/40 contract = [$12,698,413]


Wow i would love to sign him to that contract but thats not going to happen at all. I think something in the 16+ mil range is more realistic. Lets not forget we voluntarily choose to play TJ basically 20 mil for the last two years of his contract, 12 mil seems like number we get only we hold a gun to his head, not realistic at all.
User avatar
gom
General Manager
Posts: 9,710
And1: 16,853
Joined: May 30, 2014
Contact:
   

Re: Predictions For Waiters Next Season 

Post#19 » by gom » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:07 am

Flash4thewin wrote:
gom wrote:Image

16/5/5
55 games played.
30 minutes per game.

3P% = 40%

Best improvement: FT% = 80%

Worth every penny of his 3/40 contract = [$12,698,413]


Wow i would love to sign him to that contract but thats not going to happen at all. I think something in the 16+ mil range is more realistic. Lets not forget we voluntarily choose to play TJ basically 20 mil for the last two years of his contract, 12 mil seems like number we get only we hold a gun to his head, not realistic at all.


Waiters's 3/40 is *more* than TJ's contract. It's 40 million over 3 years. TJ's is 50 million over 4. TJ on the same scale would start at about 11.1:

$11,627,907
$12,209,302
$12,790,697
$13,372,094

4 year NBA contract 4/50 with 5% raises (non bird).
On realgm Hiatus. Really. No, really.

I still trust Pat Riley.

Spoiler:
Please don't screw up our team.


Image
HeatFanLifer
Junior
Posts: 313
And1: 725
Joined: Oct 20, 2016
 

Re: Predictions For Waiters Next Season 

Post#20 » by HeatFanLifer » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:37 am

Is Waiters staying on the Heat this year? If he does and he stays healthy he could be the teams leading scorer. He played quite well next to Dragic and his return from injury was one of the biggest reasons the Heat were able to surge in the second half.

I know a lot of people think the Heat should go for "whales" every offseason, but I think one year of consistency in the roster could really make the Heat a prime destination for 2018 FA's.

Return to Miami Heat