ImageImageImage

Miami HEAT Offseason/Trades/FA Thread: Sardine Central

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

fsuizzy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,645

Re: Miami HEAT Offseason/Trades/FA Thread: Sardine Central 

Post#1901 » by fsuizzy » Sun Jul 2, 2017 5:24 pm

HEATlanta wrote:Folks that act as if we shouldn't meet Waiters because of Hayward...I'd like to do business with you...so naive

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Would you meet with Waiters if you knew you had Hayward in the bag? Yeh I didn't think so. And for anybody who thinks bringing a 5-8 seed back is good and capping out for next season is you're wrong unless those we players we bring back are traded along with others. Let's remember Pat Riley doesn't want to go out like this and he is going to trade our players away for other players to make Cap room for 2018 in a weak Eastern Conference for players that don't want to play in the Western Conference or possible hate to say it Lebron. He doesn't have 5 years left with the team he has 1-2 years left. So forget #Culture. It should be called #Restructuring. The proof will be in the pudding we will be able to tell by the type of contracts the players sign. If they are tradable contract the players are gone if not Pat Riley is ready to retire and is handing over control of GM really soon.
"JIMMY BUCKETS"
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#1902 » by RJM » Sun Jul 2, 2017 5:26 pm

Daffy wrote:Riley and Spo going west to meet Waiters starting to show a lack of optimism in Hayward.

It means they're not putting all of their eggs in one basket. That would be a foolish, message board fan-type thing to do. They're meeting with many more people besides Dion and Gordon. Those two just happen to be the big names. This is a business.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#1903 » by gom » Sun Jul 2, 2017 5:26 pm

Riled Up wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
islandHEAT wrote:
THIS!!

I feel this has to be the plan, has a Riley move written all over it.

Basically not picking up our options, dumping McBob and trading TJ should get us there right?

Not even close. And TJ not getting traded. Doubt anybody at that meeting yesterday gets dealt.

I think you are overestimating TJ but Winslow, McRoberts and Ellington were not in that meeting. If involved in a sign and trade, in conjunction with a min contract, they could free up an additional $12M.

I think McRoberts is out, but I don't see Winslow getting traded. That would be pretty stupid unless serious assets are returning, something I find unlikely given his injuries last season. Winslow will be kept and given a chance to recover.

Ellington is trickier. If we sign Hayward or even Dion/JJ, we might have to give up the team option, which only leaves us with the room exception. Would he take it? I'm not sure. It's more money, but then two years versus one. Still, he played well for us. Two years is a promise of more stability.

They are people with families and their own goals.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#1904 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Sun Jul 2, 2017 5:27 pm

fsuizzy wrote:
HEATlanta wrote:Folks that act as if we shouldn't meet Waiters because of Hayward...I'd like to do business with you...so naive

Would you meet with Waiters if you knew you had Hayward in the bag? Yeh I didn't think so. And for anybody who thinks bringing a 5-8 seed back is good and capping out for next season is you're wrong unless those we players we bring back are traded along with others. Let's remember Pat Riley doesn't want to go out like this and he is going to trade our players away for other players to make Cap room for 2018 in a weak Eastern Conference for players that don't want to play in the Western Conference or possible hate to say it Lebron. He doesn't have 5 years left with the team he has 1-2 years left. So forget #Culture. It should be called #Restructuring. The proof will be in the pudding we will be able to tell by the type of contracts the players sign. If they are tradable contract the players are gone if not Pat Riley is ready to retire and is handing over control of GM really soon.

of course. try and get him to take less. if we miss on hayward, i now would rather give 1 year deals to guys, and hold space for next season.

give jj and dion both 1 year for like 16mil each.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM

Post#1905 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Sun Jul 2, 2017 5:30 pm

gom wrote:
Riled Up wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Not even close. And TJ not getting traded. Doubt anybody at that meeting yesterday gets dealt.

I think you are overestimating TJ but Winslow, McRoberts and Ellington were not in that meeting. If involved in a sign and trade, in conjunction with a min contract, they could free up an additional $12M.

I think McRoberts is out, but I don't see Winslow getting traded. That would be pretty stupid unless serious assets are returning, something I find unlikely given his injuries last season. Winslow will be kept and given a chance to recover.

Ellington is trickier. If we sign Hayward or even Dion/JJ, we might have to give up the team option, which only leaves us with the room exception. Would he take it? I'm not sure. It's more money, but then two years versus one. Still, he played well for us. Two years is a promise of more stability.

we would have to waive him to do that, and any team with 6mil in space could claim him. i would just keep ellington and find other ways to make money work. i would for sure stretch bob before letting ellington go
gom

Post#1906 » by gom » Sun Jul 2, 2017 5:32 pm

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:
gom wrote:
Riled Up wrote:

we would have to waive him to do that, and any team with 6mil in space could claim him. i would just keep ellington and find other ways to make money work. i would for sure stretch bob before letting ellington go

Ellington doesn't have to be waived. We can just renounce our team option (until Friday.)
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM

Post#1907 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Sun Jul 2, 2017 5:33 pm

gom wrote:
Heat_Fan_87 wrote:
gom wrote:

Ellington doesn't have to be waived. We can just renounce our team option (until Friday.)

that sounds better, saw online we would have to waive him
gom

Post#1908 » by gom » Sun Jul 2, 2017 5:36 pm

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:
gom wrote:
Heat_Fan_87 wrote:we would have to waive him to do that, and any team with 6mil in space could claim him. i would just keep ellington and find other ways to make money work. i would for sure stretch bob before letting ellington go

that sounds better, saw online we would have to waive him

We let the team option expire or renounce it if we need the money to sign Hayward or Dion and offer Ellington the room MLE. He will be a free agent once the option expires (but not on the waiver list) and, yes, another team could make an offer. By Friday, however, most of the money is off the table. There are teams already using exceptions to do signings.
fsuizzy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,645

Post#1909 » by fsuizzy » Sun Jul 2, 2017 5:44 pm

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:
fsuizzy wrote:

of course. try and get him to take less. if we miss on hayward, i now would rather give 1 year deals to guys, and hold space for next season.

give jj and dion both 1 year for like 16mil each.

I have also gotten chewed up and spit out on Reddit for this but they don't seem to understand Cap Space. We need to trade TJ away because his contract is going to explode and if you want a player next season and then the following for around 19 million per and then 20 per season he has to go. McRoberts would be nice to dump not extend and just add on a young piece maybe you don't believe in.
"JIMMY BUCKETS"
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,581

Post#1910 » by Daffy » Sun Jul 2, 2017 5:50 pm

http://dlvr.it/PRjDTK

Jazz still remain confident.
gom

Post#1911 » by gom » Sun Jul 2, 2017 5:55 pm

fsuizzy wrote:I have also gotten chewed up and spit out on Reddit for this but they don't seem to understand Cap Space. We need to trade TJ away because his contract is going to explode and if you want a player next season and then the following for around 19 million per and then 20 per season he has to go. McRoberts would be nice to dump not extend and just add on a young piece maybe you don't believe in.

The reason that they are arguing with you is that you probably don't understand that the Heat and TJ can renegotiate a contract extension in July 2019 as long as it is for a total sum of more money. That is a 3/36 deal in July 2019 is perfectly fine. We have one tough season in 2018-2019 where we will have to pay taxes, but who cares? It's not really that out of whack anyhow. Look at what some of these players less productive than him are getting paid. Besides, we basically got two years for $12M.

We wouldn't even be in this discussion for Hayward if it weren't for TJ's contract.

Also, what about the team's chemistry?
Lilseb93
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,170

Post#1912 » by Lilseb93 » Sun Jul 2, 2017 6:01 pm

There would have to be a very good reason to trade TJ. The duo of TJ and JJ off the bench was my favorite aspect of last season. You might as roll with the team chemistry. This is one of the closest Heat teams I've ever seen.
Heat Culture :hug:
UD4MVP
Veteran
And1: 3,091

Post#1913 » by UD4MVP » Sun Jul 2, 2017 6:04 pm

Johnson&Johnson off the bench, and move one of McGruder/Ellington to the starting spot in the scenario of getting Hayward and retaining JJ
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#1914 » by QUIZ » Sun Jul 2, 2017 6:06 pm

Read on Twitter
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Lilseb93
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,170

Post#1915 » by Lilseb93 » Sun Jul 2, 2017 6:12 pm

Hayward could also get some minutes at the 4. I think he's done that before. Then you could put JJ or Winslow at 3.
Heat Culture :hug:
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1916 » by QUIZ » Sun Jul 2, 2017 6:12 pm

^^Shows growth from Pat and co. Last season everyone felt unwanted. This off-season we put up banners at UD's house at midnight, flying across the country to make Dion feel wanted. James Johnson's already ready to ride or die, gotta show Mion some love too.

He may not be plan A but we still love him here.

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,100

Post#1917 » by Rapaz » Sun Jul 2, 2017 6:24 pm

According to Tim Reynolds, Chris Quinn and Juwan Howard are back with the Heat summer league team in Orlando today, following their failed pursuit of Gordon Hayward.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,739

Post#1918 » by contract » Sun Jul 2, 2017 6:25 pm

It's July 2nd ... why are still holding Chris Bosh hostage? What happened to the "deal" to release him?
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,739

Post#1919 » by contract » Sun Jul 2, 2017 6:27 pm

Rapaz wrote:According to Tim Reynolds, Chris Quinn and Juwan Howard are back with the Heat summer league team in Orlando today, following their failed pursuit of Gordon Hayward.

WTF could Quinn and Howard possibly have to contribute to that meeting?
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1920 » by QUIZ » Sun Jul 2, 2017 6:27 pm

Rapaz wrote:According to Tim Reynolds, Chris Quinn and Juwan Howard are back with the Heat summer league team in Orlando today, following their failed pursuit of Gordon Hayward.

Fake news Rapaz. I'd expect no less from a Duke grad :nonono:

You people gave us McSob. :nonono: :nonono:

Return to Miami Heat