ImageImageImage

Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

rate_
Analyst
And1: 8,218

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#321 » by rate_ » Wed Jul 5, 2017 2:29 pm

KingDavid wrote:Bam is missing his jumpers but the form is smooth and consistent. It looks like he just needs reps to get the feel for distance.

Has he attempted or made any 3s yet?

He's also shooting 75% FT on 9.3 FTA in the summer league. That's usually an indication of a shooting potential.
rate_
Analyst

Post#322 » by rate_ » Wed Jul 5, 2017 2:43 pm

Bam vs TT (summer league)

TT: 4 G | 10-4-1-1-1 | 60.9% TS | 27.3 PER (25.0% USG) | .268 WS/48
Bam: 3 G | 19-10-1-1-2 | 50.6% TS | 24.6 PER (27.1% USG) | .256 WS/48

TT appears to have superior advanced numbers, but Bam is much more productive while having comparable advanced numbers, which indicates that Bam's role in the NBA will probably be bigger than TT's. Mind you, TT was 21 at the time, while Bam is still 19.

Bam's potential is much bigger than TT's. It's an insult to compare both at this stage. I get it with their comparable college numbers and roles, but Bam at Kentucky was clearly being underutilized as Calipari admitted in his tweet:

Read on Twitter

Bam's skillset far supersedes what was shown at Kentucky while TT played to his potential. There's no comparison. Even the eye test says Bam easily.
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,811

Post#323 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Jul 5, 2017 2:52 pm

I don't understand why this comparison is so offensive for you
:reporter:
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,865

Post#324 » by KingDavid » Wed Jul 5, 2017 3:14 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:I don't understand why this comparison is so offensive for you

I don't find TT to be all that good. I haven't seen anything from him to make me think he's talented. He's being set up by one of the best passers in the league, on a team with large amounts of spacing and still just doesn't do much of anything but rebound. He averaged 8 points and 9 rebounds last season. Pathetic at the free throw line. Hasn't shown any offensive skill other than catching the ball and dunking. I just don't see how comparisons can be drawn to Tristan.

He could just be playing his assigned role to the t, but every year it's the same thing. I haven't seen anything that wows me. He's not growing as a player. Based on what I've seen from this 19 year old, and unless summer league is a giant fluke; Thompson is his floor.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
rate_
Analyst

Post#325 » by rate_ » Wed Jul 5, 2017 3:14 pm

No real offense of the comparison, but just feel it's a [very] lazy one. Kinda like comparing JJ Redick to Luke Kennard.
rate_
Analyst

Post#326 » by rate_ » Wed Jul 5, 2017 3:17 pm

The only thing comparable is their offensive rebounding. Thats it.
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,963

Post#327 » by dshearn » Wed Jul 5, 2017 5:16 pm

rate_ wrote:Bam vs TT (summer league)

TT: 4 G | 10-4-1-1-1 | 60.9% TS | 27.3 PER (25.0% USG) | .268 WS/48
Bam: 3 G | 19-10-1-1-2 | 50.6% TS | 24.6 PER (27.1% USG) | .256 WS/48

TT appears to have superior advanced numbers, but Bam is much more productive while having comparable advanced numbers, which indicates that Bam's role in the NBA will probably be bigger than TT's. Mind you, TT was 21 at the time, while Bam is still 19.

Bam's potential is much bigger than TT's. It's an insult to compare both at this stage. I get it with their comparable college numbers and roles, but Bam at Kentucky was clearly being underutilized as Calipari admitted in his tweet:

Read on Twitter

Bam's skillset far supersedes what was shown at Kentucky while TT played to his potential. There's no comparison. Even the eye test says Bam easily.

I am in the summer camp numbers don't tell much of a story camp. Bam is playing with hot garbage right now.

How he looks getting these numbers makes him look nothing like TT.

People want to put Bam into a category he just does not fit in.

We got so lucky for Bam to fall to us.
Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#328 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Jul 5, 2017 5:31 pm

rate_ wrote:

No real offense of the comparison, but just feel it's a [very] lazy one. Kinda like comparing JJ Redick to Luke Kennard.

I know. He is more athletic Taj Gibson
Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#329 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Jul 5, 2017 5:32 pm

KingDavid wrote:

I don't find TT to be all that good. I haven't seen anything from him to make me think he's talented. He's being set up by one of the best passers in the league, on a team with large amounts of spacing and still just doesn't do much of anything but rebound. He averaged 8 points and 9 rebounds last season. Pathetic at the free throw line. Hasn't shown any offensive skill other than catching the ball and dunking. I just don't see how comparisons can be drawn to Tristan.

He could just be playing his assigned role to the t, but every year it's the same thing. I haven't seen anything that wows me. He's not growing as a player. Based on what I've seen from this 19 year old, and unless summer league is a giant fluke; Thompson is his floor.

I'm not saying he is something special. But some folks acting like Bam is already better than him, which is crazy
SCHeat
Pro Prospect
And1: 676

Post#330 » by SCHeat » Wed Jul 5, 2017 5:45 pm

KingDavid wrote:
SCHeat wrote:

Man, I miss those old Chalmers/Rose battles.

That ankle injury ruined Rio.

Then this achillies injury occurred at the worst possible time in his career. He should be raking money right now. Feel bad for him.

He'd probably be getting Evan Turner money right now.
rate_
Analyst

Post#331 » by rate_ » Wed Jul 5, 2017 5:48 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:
KingDavid wrote:

I'm not saying he is something special. But some folks acting like Bam is already better than him, which is crazy

Like for every NBA prospect, we have to wait until they play their first official NBA game. But, there's nothing suggesting he won't be at least as good.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,260

Re: RE: Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#332 » by twix2500 » Wed Jul 5, 2017 5:48 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:
KingDavid wrote:

Bam has shown more versatile game tha TT. TT negative was he never shown skills to get his own points.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#333 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Jul 5, 2017 5:51 pm

:dontknow:
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#334 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Wed Jul 5, 2017 6:31 pm

“He’s been impressive,” said one veteran scout for another NBA team who watched Adebayo’s 29-point, 11-rebound display on Monday against Detroit. “He’s extremely active on the offensive glass, very athletic. He can post up a little bit. He blocks a few shots. They are alley-ooping to him. His jumper is a little funny looking; it needs some more rotation. He’s not just going to be a defender; he’s going to be able to score.”

he has the athleticism
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,963

Post#335 » by dshearn » Wed Jul 5, 2017 6:51 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:
KingDavid wrote:

Would you trade him straight up for TT?
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,446

Post#336 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed Jul 5, 2017 6:55 pm

dshearn wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:
KingDavid wrote:I don't find TT to be all that good. I haven't seen anything from him to make me think he's talented. He's being set up by one of the best passers in the league, on a team with large amounts of spacing and still just doesn't do much of anything but rebound. He averaged 8 points and 9 rebounds last season. Pathetic at the free throw line. Hasn't shown any offensive skill other than catching the ball and dunking. I just don't see how comparisons can be drawn to Tristan.

Not even if TT was on a rookie contract money wise.

Realtalk.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#337 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Jul 5, 2017 6:58 pm

dshearn wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:
KingDavid wrote:I don't find TT to be all that good. I haven't seen anything from him to make me think he's talented. He's being set up by one of the best passers in the league, on a team with large amounts of spacing and still just doesn't do much of anything but rebound. He averaged 8 points and 9 rebounds last season. Pathetic at the free throw line. Hasn't shown any offensive skill other than catching the ball and dunking. I just don't see how comparisons can be drawn to Tristan.

depends on what is my goal for the next season
Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#338 » by Altered_Beast » Wed Jul 5, 2017 7:44 pm

from what ive seen he can handle the rock for a big, better than what ive seen most big men do (euro step on a fast break/in and out crossover)
he has a decent jump shot just needs to fine tune it and keep working at it but at his age its fine for someone who wasnt really given the green light to shoot at all at kentucky
athletically he is going to be dominant the shawn kemp comparisons are spot on

i cant wait to see how he fits in with dragic/whiteside

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#339 » by contract » Wed Jul 5, 2017 7:49 pm

Altered_Beast wrote:athletically he is going to be dominant the shawn kemp comparisons are spot on

:rofl:
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#340 » by Altered_Beast » Wed Jul 5, 2017 7:58 pm

contract wrote:
Altered_Beast wrote:athletically he is going to be dominant the shawn kemp comparisons are spot on

:rofl:

whats so funny about this lol
the guy has insane hops and strength for his age

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."

Return to Miami Heat