ImageImageImage

Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread

Moderators: heat4life, IggieCC, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 13,157
And1: 22,811
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#441 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:53 am

Couldn't catch the Grizzlies game, how did Bam do?

Was he as impressive as the stats indicate?
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
User avatar
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
Posts: 6,156
And1: 2,245
Joined: Mar 22, 2009
 

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#442 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:10 am

Is this Abedayo kid legit?
Image
User avatar
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 8,337
And1: 34,093
Joined: Sep 16, 2016

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#443 » by Wiltside » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:04 am

He really could be.

He's somewhat Clint Capela-ish, but perhaps with more upside. Has flashed enough of a jumper to see him becoming a face up threat. His agility is seriously impressive for a guy his size, has shown he can mix it with the big guys down low, but also keep up with guards if he gets switched. Hoping he has even more strings to his bow that get uncovered over time, but he could be anything.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
User avatar
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
Posts: 14,085
And1: 33,172
Joined: May 30, 2014
Contact:
   

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#444 » by gom » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:51 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:Couldn't catch the Grizzlies game, how did Bam do?

Was he as impressive as the stats indicate?


He was really good. Gasol had a tough time getting into his game.
#BlackLivesMatter

Image
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^^^^
User avatar
goodboy
RealGM
Posts: 43,444
And1: 174,210
Joined: Aug 07, 2014
Location: Good Boy duct cleaning services
 

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#445 » by goodboy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:55 am

Ceiling: Joel Anthony

Floor: Shawn Kemp
Heat fan
User avatar
rate_
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,635
And1: 5,175
Joined: Apr 10, 2017

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#446 » by rate_ » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:26 pm

Among 2017 draftees (through ~32% Miami Heat regular season):

3rd in WS/48
4th in BPM
5th in VORP
2nd in TS%
BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 6,071
And1: 7,217
Joined: Mar 25, 2007
Location: Coral Gables

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#447 » by BFRESH44 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:44 pm

Bam has me at the point where I'd be aggressively testing Whiteside's trade market.
User avatar
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
Posts: 28,636
And1: 106,147
Joined: Nov 16, 2014
     

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#448 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:48 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Couldn't catch the Grizzlies game, how did Bam do?

Was he as impressive as the stats indicate?

Read on Twitter
blazeyo
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,808
And1: 1,862
Joined: May 08, 2016

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#449 » by blazeyo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:14 pm

You can thank me for his progress.
User avatar
Zasterror
RealGM
Posts: 13,077
And1: 8,008
Joined: Aug 09, 2010
Location: Born N Raised In Da County of Dade
   

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#450 » by Zasterror » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:26 pm

Bam could literally be anything he wants to be. He is just that talented and versatile.
User avatar
Mars
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,154
And1: 8,141
Joined: Mar 08, 2005
Location: Lovetron

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#451 » by Mars » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:43 am

Bam's effort and activity on both sides of the ball is relentless.
JAESOOS SHUTTLESWORTH™
User avatar
Bishop45
RealGM
Posts: 28,407
And1: 94,443
Joined: Apr 22, 2015
 

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#452 » by Bishop45 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:17 am

Glad to be the first Bam skeptic on record

Read on Twitter






Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

:rocking:
User avatar
QUIZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 26,487
And1: 64,199
Joined: Feb 02, 2014
Location: South Florida
Contact:
 

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#453 » by QUIZ » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:57 am

Bishop45 wrote:Glad to be the first Bam skeptic on record

Read on Twitter




Never forget Bish. TT4life :wordyo:
Image
Of course we lost. WOAT OP was WOAT OP again last night. :nonono: -QUIZ
McGruder very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 13,157
And1: 22,811
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#454 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:55 am

Bam really does starting to look a lot like Tristan Thompson.

He's like a TT with better passing, BB IQ, handle, jump shot, FT rate, FT %, efficiency, creating, defensive versatility, size, athleticism, age, upside and contract.

Pretty, pretty similar.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
User avatar
Bishop45
RealGM
Posts: 28,407
And1: 94,443
Joined: Apr 22, 2015
 

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#455 » by Bishop45 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:31 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Bam really does starting to look a lot like Tristan Thompson.

He's like a TT with better passing, BB IQ, handle, jump shot, FT rate, FT %, efficiency, creating, defensive versatility, size, athleticism, age, upside and contract.

Pretty, pretty similar.


C'mon pap's, there's definitely more in comparison than contrast

you can't count age, contract and upside against him. I'm not giving you creating, TT was averaging like a 17% USG with similar AST/TO in his pre-Lebs years. Defensive versatility's too murky to give an advantage to too, TT could switch on to a lot of players but he's not as disciplined as bam... But on the same hand he was a better rim protecter/rebounder and overall interior presence. There's not enough to say he has better BB IQ, I'll give you athletism but it's not like there's a big enough advantage for it to matter.... TT might be slow but he's definitely athletic. FT rate, %, efficiency and size/athleticism are pretty legit tho, I'll give you that. He's like 2018 TT with Kungfu grip, once he snatches up Katy Perry to meet the white girlfriend quota then we'll talk forreal


This is a TT smear campaign, he's not playing well this year but mans is a monster/Champion. Have some respect papi's







Don't make me turn this into a TT appreciation thread. Don't make me suwoo my Canadians.
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

:rocking:
User avatar
Rafly
Starter
Posts: 2,396
And1: 10,373
Joined: Dec 28, 2016
 

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#456 » by Rafly » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:25 pm

Might as well be an appreciation thread for him. TT has been pretty bad since last season.
User avatar
KingDavid
RealGM
Posts: 24,673
And1: 28,488
Joined: Sep 04, 2013
       

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#457 » by KingDavid » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:16 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:Bam really does starting to look a lot like Tristan Thompson.

He's like a TT with better passing, BB IQ, handle, jump shot, FT rate, FT %, efficiency, creating, defensive versatility, size, athleticism, age, upside and contract.

Pretty, pretty similar.


C'mon pap's, there's definitely more in comparison than contrast

you can't count age, contract and upside against him. I'm not giving you creating, TT was averaging like a 17% USG with similar AST/TO in his pre-Lebs years. Defensive versatility's too murky to give an advantage to too, TT could switch on to a lot of players but he's not as disciplined as bam... But on the same hand he was a better rim protecter/rebounder and overall interior presence. There's not enough to say he has better BB IQ, I'll give you athletism but it's not like there's a big enough advantage for it to matter.... TT might be slow but he's definitely athletic. FT rate, %, efficiency and size/athleticism are pretty legit tho, I'll give you that. He's like 2018 TT with Kungfu grip, once he snatches up Katy Perry to meet the white girlfriend quota then we'll talk forreal


This is a TT smear campaign, he's not playing well this year but mans is a monster/Champion. Have some respect papi's







Don't make me turn this into a TT appreciation thread. Don't make me suwoo my Canadians.

Let Bam play with LeBron then we can talk comparisons.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
User avatar
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
Posts: 13,157
And1: 22,811
Joined: Mar 03, 2011

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#458 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:33 pm

KingDavid wrote:


Let Bam play with LeBron then we can talk comparisons.


Lebron is a douche but he makes players around him better, not worse.

Bam with Lebron will look even better, more easy points, dunks, put backs.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
User avatar
Heat3
RealGM
Posts: 17,320
And1: 9,043
Joined: May 26, 2006
Location: Where all the children are above average.
Contact:
   

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#459 » by Heat3 » Mon Jan 1, 2018 1:10 pm

A lot of our guys look good year one. Chalmers. Justise. Bam. Let's see how year two goes and see if Spo hasn't figured out how to break them yet.

Happy New Year.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Image
User avatar
delanka
Veteran
Posts: 2,953
And1: 16,297
Joined: Dec 20, 2014
Location: Neverland
 

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#460 » by delanka » Tue Jan 2, 2018 9:15 pm

Bam!

Read on Twitter

Return to Miami Heat