ImageImageImage

Around the NBA 31.0 - Into The Fire

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,753

Re: Around the NBA 31.0 - Into The Fire 

Post#1681 » by Chalm Down » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:20 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1682 » by Chalm Down » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:28 am

daniel3 wrote:Not a bad trade for both sides. Hurts them both for the current year though and I'm unsure if it pans out well for Cleveland.

I think it's possible Cleveland is better this year, at least in the regular season. I don't think Isaiah is that much of a downgrade from Kyrie and Crowder fills a huge need for them as a second wing defender next to LeBron.

Idk if it changes much in a finals rererematch with Gsw though. Having Crowder to throw at Durant is nice, so LeBron can stick on Green, but Isaiah could get exposed on defense big time. Then again, Kyrie wasn't really that good on defense either...

Not really sure what to think of Boston...Kyrie/Hayward/Horford is an interesting fit for sure. Wonder if Kyrie will need to playmake more. Also, one of Brown/Tatum is prob gonna have to step up with both Bradley and Crowder gone.
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1683 » by Chalm Down » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:32 am

QUIZ wrote:
dshearn wrote:Isn't IT the actual.... better player today?

Forget everything else.... I get it... he is short and defense is not his thing.... but isn't he actually the better Player?

I would rather have IT straight up for his ability to get to the line and run the point.

The simple answer is, no he isn't. Kyrie has shown the ability to score vs the toughest defenses at the highest levels of the sport. IT on the other hand averaged like 8ppg on 30% from the field before going down after two games to the Cavs. Plus the fact that Kyrie is locked into a super cheap deal making Goran money for the next two seasons, IT at 29 turning 30 will be looking for a 5yr $150mill deal, though it remains to be seen whether or not he gets it.

Regular season wise IT's clearly the better leader, but once things slow down in the playoffs Kyrie>>>>

With that said good trade for the Cavs, they got as much out of the Celtics as they could both to try and win now and to set them up long term when LeBron bolts so congrats to them.

Should be an interesting season, IT must be feeling some type of way and I'm sure Celtics fans are scratching their head over this one.

I wonder if Isaiah will be better now that he's not getting double teamed all the time in the playoffs. That works when Horford is his best teammate, but that doesn't fly when he has LeBron on his team...

Prob still won't be as good as Kyrie's isos, because he's just that good, but I definitely think Isaiah could be better in the playoffs with less attention on him
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#1684 » by HeatFanLifer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:44 am

As noted on ESPN:
"The Cavaliers-Celtics trade is the first offseason deal in NBA history with players who met in the previous year's NBA Finals or Conference Finals. (Via Elias Sports Bureau)."

I don't understand why either of these teams would make this deal.

Who here understands this deal, please raise your hand. Put your hand down Iggs.
OP for NBA FT record
Enso
Head Coach
And1: 23,732

Post#1685 » by Enso » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:48 am

I've got nothing...
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Post#1686 » by goodboy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:01 am

Chalm Down wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

You know who's going to steal this one.
Bright
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#1687 » by gom » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:05 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:As noted on ESPN:
"The Cavaliers-Celtics trade is the first offseason deal in NBA history with players who met in the previous year's NBA Finals or Conference Finals. (Via Elias Sports Bureau)."

I don't understand why either of these teams would make this deal.

Who here understands this deal, please raise your hand. Put your hand down Iggs.

Kyrie has a 2-year deal that is good value. IT would have to be resigned at the end of the season. Crowder is superfluous in Boston with guys like Tatum and Brown on the team. Zizic and the draft pick are a big deal for most teams, but Boston has plenty of picks left, so they're not worried. It's a win-now move for the Celtics, a very expensive, somewhat risky move, but one that will pay off if they can get home court advantage and beat the Cavs in the ECF.

For the Cavs, who are uncertain about their future with or without Lebron, they had a player they needed to move while he still had good value. They got a ton of assets back. IT will be an adequate replacement for Kyrie. I expect he'll improve with Lebron giving him open looks. They pnr game with Love should be interesting too. Crowder gives them added depth. He may even start at SF and let CLE move Lebron be PF sometimes. I like his defense on the perimeter. Tough player to mark too. And he has one of the best deals in the NBA. Zizic & the pick are a very big deal. That's what nobody else could give them and what got the deal done.

Oh... and $30M difference in luxury tax is pretty important too.

Kudos to the Cavs. They stomped the Celtics today, but both teams remain strong.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1688 » by Chalm Down » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:06 am

HeatWillRise wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

You know who's going to steal this one.

After editing it in some disturbing way
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,963

Post#1689 » by dshearn » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:11 am

QUIZ wrote:
dshearn wrote:Isn't IT the actual.... better player today?

Forget everything else.... I get it... he is short and defense is not his thing.... but isn't he actually the better Player?

I would rather have IT straight up for his ability to get to the line and run the point.

The simple answer is, no he isn't. Kyrie has shown the ability to score vs the toughest defenses at the highest levels of the sport. IT on the other hand averaged like 8ppg on 30% from the field before going down after two games to the Cavs. Plus the fact that Kyrie is locked into a super cheap deal making Goran money for the next two seasons, IT at 29 turning 30 will be looking for a 5yr $150mill deal, though it remains to be seen whether or not he gets it.

Regular season wise IT's clearly the better leader, but once things slow down in the playoffs Kyrie>>>>

With that said good trade for the Cavs, they got as much out of the Celtics as they could both to try and win now and to set them up long term when LeBron bolts so congrats to them.

Should be an interesting season, IT must be feeling some type of way and I'm sure Celtics fans are scratching their head over this one.

I must have selective memory.... I recall IT going though hell this playoff season with his personal life falling apart and having to be the lone spark plug on offense.

I get he had a bad series, it can happen to a one dimensional team.

The guy still averaged 32 points per 48 mins. He was there with Lebron and curry in assist per 48.

I just keep thinking back to how bad the Cavs are when KI is the guy.

So even if you don't think IT is better, how big do you think the gap could be? I can't see KI as a tooooooonnn better.
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 120,004

Post#1690 » by JaysRule15 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:12 am

Wow, I'm in shock that the Cavs got that much for a player who publicly made it clear he wanted out. Cavs were basically trading pennies on the dollar and they still walk out with Thomas, Crowder and a potential Top 5 pick in a loaded draft next year? lol I can't believe Ainge cracked so badly and gave away that much for a guy like Irving. Sure, he's an upgrade at PG over Thomas, but is he THAT much better? I don't know.

Cavs still the top team to beat in the East this upcoming season imo, especially if Wade joins them.
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1691 » by Chalm Down » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:15 am

JaysRule15 wrote:Wow, I'm in shock that the Cavs got that much for a player who publicly made it clear he wanted out. Cavs were basically trading pennies on the dollar and they still walk out with Thomas, Crowder and a potential Top 5 pick in a loaded draft next year? lol I can't believe Ainge cracked so badly and gave away that much for a guy like Irving. Sure, he's an upgrade at PG over Thomas, but is he THAT much better? I don't know.

Cavs still the top team to beat in the East this upcoming season imo, especially if Wade joins them.

Makes the Bulls/Pacers' returns for Butler/George look even worse lol :)
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,498

Post#1692 » by Bishop45 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:18 am

Chalm Down wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:Boston legit made Philly, Det and CLE better by way of trade, they need to give us something

We got Kelly :)

Forgot that we got lil ugly dude, Ainge lookin' out for everybody in the East. Das a real dude
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Post#1693 » by goodboy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:19 am

JaysRule15 wrote:Wow, I'm in shock that the Cavs got that much for a player who publicly made it clear he wanted out. Cavs were basically trading pennies on the dollar and they still walk out with Thomas, Crowder and a potential Top 5 pick in a loaded draft next year? lol I can't believe Ainge cracked so badly and gave away that much for a guy like Irving. Sure, he's an upgrade at PG over Thomas, but is he THAT much better? I don't know.

Ainge gets very wet the thought of any star around the league in a Celtics jerseys and doesn't think rationally. Quick trigger Ainge pulling picks out of his ass and dealing multiple players for any star.
Bright
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,142

Post#1694 » by GopherIt! » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:29 am

wut i mis?
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1695 » by IggieCC » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:33 am

GopherIt! wrote:wut i mis?

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1696 » by JaysRule15 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:43 am

HeatWillRise wrote:

Ainge gets very wet the thought of any star around the league in a Celtics jerseys and doesn't think rationally. Quick trigger Ainge pulling picks out of his ass and dealing multiple players for any star.

For real :noway: . I thought throwing all that money at Horford was Ainge's worst move, but this looks like even worse. Would really suck if the Cavs use that pick to somehow draft the league's next superstar. You know they will lol.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1697 » by IggieCC » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:43 am

He's got nice feels
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,259

Post#1698 » by twix2500 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:59 am

The Cavs wanted a young prospect/draft pick. They held out long enough to find a team that was willing to add that piece to the deal. The Celtics will still be looking for another move when available.
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1699 » by JaysRule15 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:05 am

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1700 » by IggieCC » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:10 am