ImageImageImage

Waiters, T. Johnson or Winslow?

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: Waiters, T. Johnson or Winslow? 

Post#21 » by HIF » Tue Jul 4, 2017 12:19 pm

Sgt P wrote:Well if Winslow has another meh.. season.... he will be a bust draft pick for Pat... I hope not. It will be a big disappointment and he should get shipped out.

He had a good rookie season and then played with an injury before having to sit out last season. Not sure why there is so much negativism around him.

I'm 100% certain that he'll be a far better contributor than the almighty Bam this season and for the rest of his career.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Sgt P
Sixth Man
And1: 2,551

Post#22 » by Sgt P » Tue Jul 4, 2017 1:45 pm

HIF wrote:
Sgt P wrote:Well if Winslow has another meh.. season.... he will be a bust draft pick for Pat... I hope not. It will be a big disappointment and he should get shipped out.

He had a good rookie season and then played with an injury before having to sit out last season. Not sure why there is so much negativism around him.

I'm 100% certain that he'll be a far better contributor than the almighty Bam this season and for the rest of his career.

Its more than Winslow and moreso Pat. This season if Heat don't upwards ( more than just making PO ), Pat's will not be something to be proud of....
" Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude." said C.P.
deb
Senior
And1: 455

Post#23 » by deb » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:02 pm

HIF wrote:

Why are some down? Because if he can't up his shooting %, he'll never be an NBA player. His FG% last year was .356, his 3pt% 0.2. That's really really bad. I can understand why that wouldn't bother you, seeing as you're a Rubio fan, he's absolutely atrocious, but even Rubio managed 40.2% last season...
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#24 » by HIF » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:10 pm

deb wrote:
HIF wrote:

Why are some down? Because if he can't up his shooting %, he'll never be an NBA player. His FG% last year was .356, his 3pt% 0.2. That's really really bad. I can understand why that wouldn't bother you, seeing as you're a Rubio fan, he's absolutely atrocious, but even Rubio managed 40.2% last season...

Did you actually watch him last season or did you only arrive with Dion?

He played through a season ending injury - but sure you could shoot 60% in the NBA in that condition.

And of course you ignore his defending - 5 positions in the playoffs at an age some players are still in their sophomore college teams.

Get back to me with your apologies at the end of this season.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
deb
Senior
And1: 455

Post#25 » by deb » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:28 pm

HIF wrote:
Spoiler:
deb wrote:
HIF wrote:

Did you actually watch him last season or did you only arrive with Dion?

He played through a season ending injury - but sure you could shoot 60% in the NBA in that condition.

And of course you ignore his defending - 5 positions in the playoffs at an age some players are still in their sophomore college teams.

Get back to me with your apologies at the end of this season.

First of all, I never said Winslow is a bad player. I just explained why in my opinion there's negativism around him on this board. And some negative criticism is definitely warranted imo. He has potential, sure, but is still very far away from fully realising it. He absolutely has to improve his shooting to remain in the league. If he improves a bit, he could be the next Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (16/17 fg% .477). If he improves a lot, he could become a star. If he can't improve, he'll soon be out of the league. I've no idea how much he can actually improve, I sure hope a lot...

I don't understand why, under any circumstances, should I be apologising to you, even if Winslow becomes an all-star next year...

Return to Miami Heat