ImageImageImage

Put everyone on the trading block until we get a legit All-Star player.

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,302

Put everyone on the trading block until we get a legit All-Star player. 

Post#1 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Tue Jul 4, 2017 11:17 pm

Until we get a legit All-Star player, it will be very hard for Riley to attract another star player down here. Remember how easy it was for guys to come to Miami when they already saw a Prime Wade down here? Shaq, Bosh, LBJ, etc.

I'm thinking it's time to put EVERYONE on the trading block. Even Hassan GOATside. I like GOATside but in the back of my mind, I'm always worried if this is the season he turns back into a pumpkin.

Put everyone on the trading block. Trade Dragic, Hassan, everyone, until we can land a legit All-Star in a trade from another team.

Once we have one All-Star, then Riley can build around him and attract a 2nd star and good pieces. Until we get some good ingredients, Riley won't be able to cook us some championship soup.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,754

Re: Put everyone on the trading block until we get a legit All-Star player. 

Post#2 » by eddieheatfan » Tue Jul 4, 2017 11:45 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Until we get a legit All-Star player, it will be very hard for Riley to attract another star player down here. Remember how easy it was for guys to come to Miami when they already saw a Prime Wade down here? Shaq, Bosh, LBJ, etc.

I'm thinking it's time to put EVERYONE on the trading block. Even Hassan GOATside. I like GOATside but in the back of my mind, I'm always worried if this is the season he turns back into a pumpkin.

Put everyone on the trading block. Trade Dragic, Hassan, everyone, until we can land a legit All-Star in a trade from another team.

Once we have one All-Star, then Riley can build around him and attract a 2nd star and good pieces. Until we get some good ingredients, Riley won't be able to cook us some championship soup.
are you serious? do you want to have another terrible season with nothing but scrubs and dleaguers that will it make it harder for us to attract your superstar? and ẃhile we are at it, where do you think this new star will come from??
spectrec130
Starter
And1: 1,813

Post#3 » by spectrec130 » Wed Jul 5, 2017 12:08 am

eddieheatfan wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Until we get a legit All-Star player, it will be very hard for Riley to attract another star player down here. Remember how easy it was for guys to come to Miami when they already saw a Prime Wade down here? Shaq, Bosh, LBJ, etc.

are you serious? do you want to have another terrible season with nothing but scrubs and dleaguers that will it make it harder for us to attract your superstar? and ẃhile we are at it, where do you think this new star will come from??

I've let that narrative go after getting rejected by all ppl Gordon Hayward.. Let that sink in for a sec.. Gordon freaking Hayward. LMAO you can't even write this shyiat up!

Miami was in prime position to get a top 5 pick and with it would have been in a position that could have potentially gotten JJ or trade back and still get DSJ. Once there, coaching takes over and we move forward....

Now this org is NOT truly rebuilding thru the draft by resigning JJ/Dion and not truly rebuilding via FA cuz after paying those 2 players out we have TJ's poison pill to take hold.

Where we at: Treadmill.
spectrec130
Starter

Post#4 » by spectrec130 » Wed Jul 5, 2017 12:12 am

This^^^^^^

Wonder what teams would have taken HW for the superstars that got traded this offseason.....
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#5 » by goodboy » Wed Jul 5, 2017 12:23 am

Whiteside should be a legit all-star. Especially now in the eastern conference. Shouldn't be a reason why he wouldnt make the starting C for the east this season.
Bright
LordRiley
Sixth Man
And1: 6,515

Post#6 » by LordRiley » Wed Jul 5, 2017 12:28 am

The chance to tank was this season, and you see how that turned out. Dragic and Whiteside are the featured pieces, and whom Riley is going to build around. No need to trade everyone when we don't control the fate of our picks. We made the bed, now it's time to sleep in it.
spectrec130
Starter

Post#7 » by spectrec130 » Wed Jul 5, 2017 12:32 am

HeatWillRise wrote:Whiteside should be a legit all-star. Especially now its the eastern conference. Shouldn't be a reason why he wouldnt make the starting C for the east this season.

Really don't see how he could not be named an AllStar for the East.... Drummond is the only C I can think of
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,302

Post#8 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Jul 5, 2017 12:35 am

HeatWillRise wrote:Whiteside should be a legit all-star. Especially now in the eastern conference. Shouldn't be a reason why he wouldnt make the starting C for the east this season.

Sell Whiteside while his value is high. I don't think he will remain at this level of production for the long term.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
kidco2
Pro Prospect
And1: 553

Post#9 » by kidco2 » Wed Jul 5, 2017 12:52 am

Knicks with Amare were on a good run till Melo arrival.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,433

Post#10 » by gom » Wed Jul 5, 2017 2:11 am

Can't we just trade disgruntled fans instead?
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#11 » by Wolfy1983 » Wed Jul 5, 2017 2:18 am

So tired of the tanking talk. It is loser mentality. I am looking forward to this season if we manage to retain Waiters and JJ.
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,433

Post#12 » by gom » Wed Jul 5, 2017 2:48 am

DayofMourning wrote:

IggieCC wrote:

QUIZ wrote:

Hey... Iggie, Quiz, DoM, we already have a trade topic. Can we lock this crappy thread?
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#13 » by QUIZ » Wed Jul 5, 2017 3:03 am

Post your ideas in the existing thread: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1590122&start=180
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda

Return to Miami Heat