ImageImageImage

Miami HEAT Offseason/Trades/FA Thread: Sardine Central 4.0 Team Byke Ollinky Added

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Re: Miami HEAT Offseason/Trades/FA Thread: Sardine Central 4.0 Team Byke Ollinky Added 

Post#1901 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:55 am

RonySeikalyFTW wrote:
Cmon_Son-_- wrote:This is year 4 post Lebron. What's the plan here?

It's the first year post Big 3

The question is still the same. What's the plan here? The goal is championships and we're nowhere near that. Our 3 most important players are 28+ in age.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
MartyCONLONNN
Analyst
And1: 2,315

Re: Miami HEAT Offseason/Trades/FA Thread: Sardine Central 4.0 Team Byke Ollinky Added 

Post#1902 » by MartyCONLONNN » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:05 am

All i implied is that your bball savvy is highly questionable if you legitimately think hassan is more valuable/impactful than Kyrie. Our defense last season was better with Whiteside on the bench. Top 3 center? Marc gasol? Boogie? Kat? Gobert? AD? There's legit arguments for others too. Whiteside is a good player, imposing presence and a great rebounder, but he's not what some of you are makin him out to be, no matter how appealing some of his plays may be.

Im not really commenting on who should be included in a hypothetical trade but the facts are that Kyrie Irving has a hall of fame career trajectory, with a very real draw for other players to eventually want to play with him. Hassan may make 1 all star game if he finally puts together one consistent season by the age of 29. Btw Seems like Hayward felt Horford was a more reliable center to play alongside.

I just think the homer goggles are strong rn. Without Waiters & Deagic going nuts the 2nd half of the season, Hassan was on his way to leading us to a bottom 3 record.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#1903 » by gom » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:10 am

Quick Offtopic:

Spoiler:
rate_ wrote:^^^ ma da won lohun.

Do you really speak Yoruba? I'm asking because I'm writing about Umbanda.

Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Obligatory cute girl in any spoiler.

MartyCONLONNN wrote:All i implied is that your bball savvy is highly questionable if you legitimately think hassan is more valuable/impactful than Kyrie

Marty, I guess I just don't see anyone competing against the Warriors now. If freaking LeBron James and Kyrie and the rest of the Cavs crew can't get it done, I don't see a championship with Kyrie and whoever is left after you pack up our best players and send them to Cleveland.

Let's just agree to have a difference of opinion.

I'm not in a hurry for another championship run. The right time will come sooner than later, but not for a while with GSW better than us by a lot. If we want to be ready for that moment, we need to stack up assets rather than spending them now.

Also, I'm supposed to be on hiatus. You guys keep drawing me back in.

Gfycat Video - Click to Play
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,812

Post#1904 » by KingDavid » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:19 am

MartyCONLONNN wrote:The Whiteside overrating is wild. The guy is 28 & he may never make an all star team his whole damn career and some of you are calling him more impactful than Kyrie freaking Irving. Where did all the smart Heat fans go? :/

Our record up to the all star break played a very large role on why we didn't have any allstars. But he was 7th among centers in all-nba votes and the all defense second team in the prior year.

Hassan needs a consistent j. That's what's separating him from the best of the best imo. That and he's not being fed by a pg like cp3 was feeding Deandre Jordan.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,062

Post#1905 » by Bourne85 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:34 am

Make no mistake, Hassan is still here because the Cavs don't want/need him. If Whiteside is what determines if the trade goes through then Pat will ship him.

28year old, never been allstar, no top FA cares if Whiteside is here or not.

25 year old hall of fame trajectory career that superstars all over the league want to play with.

Tough one.

If we don't get Kyrie it's simply because the Cavs don't want or need our players. Riley would let any combo of our players go for him.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1906 » by IggieCC » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:41 am

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS

Return to Miami Heat