ImageImageImage

2017 Summer League/Draft Talk/Bam is NOT TT Thread

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,247

Re: 2017 Summer League/Draft Talk/Bam is NOT TT Thread 

Post#521 » by twix2500 » Sun Jun 3, 2018 12:45 pm

Thoughts on Hamidou Dallo. Measure the same height as Justise Winslow 6'4.5 without shoes, 6'6 or 6'5.5 with shoes. Excellent wingspan 6'11.5. Great body for his age. High level of athleticism, but he is a project. His game is very raw and depends soley on his athleticism. Just like Winslow he is not a good shooter. But shows some potential to be a jump shooter. I do get a impression he is a very determined to be great and a good coachable kid. Projected to be in the buy a pick range.

Average 10 pts, 3.6 rbs, 42.8 FG%, 33.8 3%

Pat Riley seen here personally went to scout him.

Season Highlights, displays his potential.

RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#522 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Jun 3, 2018 2:27 pm

I want nothing to do with a 6'4 guy that shoots 61% FT.

Enough with these non scoring prospects. The game today is about speed, IQ and most of all shooting.

We already got Justise as a subpar scorer and shooter, Bam doesn't look like much of a offensive weapon either - let's not try to beat teams by a score of 2-0. It won't work.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
twix2500
RealGM

Post#523 » by twix2500 » Sun Jun 3, 2018 7:30 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:I want nothing to do with a 6'4 guy that shoots 61% FT.

Enough with these non scoring prospects. The game today is about speed, IQ and most of all shooting.

We already got Justise as a subpar scorer and shooter, Bam doesn't look like much of a offensive weapon either - let's not try to beat teams by a score of 2-0. It won't work.

Dam homie, we talking about a second round prospect. You want a ready made player, coming out the box as gangbusters. Some projects are worth it. Bam is worth the pick at where he was drafted. And Boston dam sure didnt dame near get to the finals because of their offense.

Im harsh on winslow also, but my frustration is those who think of him as a potential superstar. He was a good pick at where he was drafted. Just some of the overhype just silly.

I dont care if you can shoot three pointers, if you just average player. The results are gonna be the same. Not gonna be an elite offense unless you find a star.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,471

Post#524 » by Bishop45 » Sun Jun 3, 2018 10:56 pm

Wouldn't be mad at Hamidou, wouldn't target Hamidou either. He just doesn't have many NBA viable skills

Pretty good offensive package for a youngin', wouldn't oppose Winslow or Rich for two non-lotto picks this year(Reasonable, non-lotto)

Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,932

Post#525 » by Wiltside » Mon Jun 4, 2018 12:18 am

This Simons kid intrigues me. What’s his draft range?
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#526 » by puppa bear » Mon Jun 4, 2018 12:26 am

Wiltside wrote:This Simons kid intrigues me. What’s his draft range?

17 to second round.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#527 » by Bishop45 » Mon Jun 4, 2018 12:33 am

Wiltside wrote:This Simons kid intrigues me. What’s his draft range?

15-35, same as DZA, Okobo, Jerome Robinson and Hutchison. 4 of the best scorers in draft

Rest in Power Chadwick

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,932

Post#528 » by Wiltside » Mon Jun 4, 2018 1:00 am

Not sure if it’s his build or what, but he’s giving me Eric Gordon vibes?
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#529 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Jun 4, 2018 11:25 am

twix2500 wrote:

Dam homie, we talking about a second round prospect. You want a ready made player, coming out the box as gangbusters. Some projects are worth it. Bam is worth the pick at where he was drafted. And Boston dam sure didnt dame near get to the finals because of their offense.

Im harsh on winslow also, but my frustration is those who think of him as a potential superstar. He was a good pick at where he was drafted. Just some of the overhype just silly.

I dont care if you can shoot three pointers, if you just average player. The results are gonna be the same. Not gonna be an elite offense unless you find a star.

Bottom line is we have to start adding natural scorers, Celtics have those and every other good team have those.

Give me a natural scorer with good athleticism, Don't care about his defense or anything else. You can work on defense and other stuff, we can't keep adding these limited players. We're drafting like we're playing against the 90's knicks.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
twix2500
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: 2017 Summer League/Draft Talk/Bam is NOT TT Thread 

Post#530 » by twix2500 » Mon Jun 4, 2018 6:51 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

Bottom line is we have to start adding natural scorers, Celtics have those and every other good team have those.

Give me a natural scorer with good athleticism, Don't care about his defense or anything else. You can work on defense and other stuff, we can't keep adding these limited players. We're drafting like we're playing against the 90's knicks.
Tatum and who else are you talking about?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,944

Post#531 » by DayofMourning » Mon Jun 4, 2018 8:39 pm

Move some contracts and draft all the Villanova kids. They understand team concepts well enough, and are talented to boot. What do we need, four picks?
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#532 » by KingDavid » Mon Jun 4, 2018 8:48 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

****, I'm hoping we add passers. Every guard is a scoring tweener. It's annoying.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
caliban
NBA TnT Forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 3,231

Post#533 » by caliban » Tue Jun 5, 2018 7:50 pm

Do any of the fine gentlemen on the board know if Derrick Jones Jr., squash Winslow and Matt Williams will roll with the Heat and Bam in Summer League?
20-21 apbrMetrics RMSE Team win projections winner. Three time RMSE runner up
RGM TnT board Team Win predictions winner
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,800

Post#534 » by Mos_Heat » Tue Jun 5, 2018 8:04 pm

Simons is a risky pick.

Fortunately we don't have any picks, we are safe
:reporter:
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#535 » by puppa bear » Tue Jun 5, 2018 11:34 pm

The top of the draft is going to be interesting: Bamba getting some serious love at the moment, Doncic sliding, Young picking his workouts. Porter could be the steal of the draft if he slides far & then someone will reach for need in the 6-9 range (Orlando could be primed for that if Bamba & Young are gone & they don't like Porter's fit/injuries) and make someone available at 10 that no one thought possible.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#536 » by Bishop45 » Wed Jun 6, 2018 12:54 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:Simons is a risky pick.

Lmao, risky where tho? 15-22, sure, otherwise not so much. I'd still give a good thought to risking it all in the teens tho

Quality vids here, Wouldn't touch Knox in the first unless a sore need of a wing but he's still interesting.

Rest in Power Chadwick

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#537 » by DayofMourning » Wed Jun 6, 2018 1:16 pm

Was thinking our opening day roster should look something like this:

Mo Bamba
Omari Spellman
Mikal Bridges
Josh Richardson
Justise Winslow

Jalen Brunson
Donte Divincenzo
Kevin Huerter
Bam Adebayo

Now, how to procure six draft picks....?
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,800

Post#538 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Jun 6, 2018 4:46 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:Simons is a risky pick.

Lmao, risky where tho? 15-22, sure, otherwise not so much. I'd still give a good thought to risking it all in the teens tho

Quality vids here, Wouldn't touch Knox in the first unless a sore need of a wing but he's still interesting.

I meant risky for a mid/low 10's
:reporter:
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#539 » by Bishop45 » Sat Jun 9, 2018 4:34 pm

Highest IQ player in the draft, prolly REX

Rest in Power Chadwick

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#540 » by DayofMourning » Sat Jun 9, 2018 5:32 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Highest IQ player in the draft, prolly REX

You think he goes 2nd to Sactown? Bagley 3rd to Hawks? Porter to Grizzlies? Bamba to Dallas? Trae to Orlando? Sexton to Bulls?

Return to Miami Heat