ImageImageImage

Would you trade Dragic and Whiteside for Kyrie?

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Would you take that deal?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:35 am

Yes
21%
No
53%
Maybe
3%
Iggy lock this thread!
15%
Thor:Ragnorok>Justice League
8%

Total votes: 66

Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,191

Re: Would you trade Dragic and Whiteside for Kyrie? 

Post#101 » by Bishop45 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:31 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:I understand that Heat are a stretch but I'm not sure why they believe they will get a ransom for KI. If he's any distraction to the locker room then he's as good as gone

give me your trade proposal, bish

lol, Heat related or Kyrie proposal in general?
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,784

Post#102 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:40 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:I understand that Heat are a stretch but I'm not sure why they believe they will get a ransom for KI. If he's any distraction to the locker room then he's as good as gone

give me your trade proposal, bish

:reporter:
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#103 » by Bishop45 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:39 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:give me your trade proposal, bish

Spoiler:

Lmao, as for other teams I think the best offers probably look like

Jabari, Delly (Possible fillers assumed)
Bledsoe, Warren
Murray, Chandler (Depends on how attached they are to Chandler and if they even want 'Rie)

Don't think I can think of any good or plausible ones unless Melo wants to waive his NTC for them

On the Heat front, the most I'd put up value wise is Whiteside/TJ. Whiteside doesn't move the bar much for Cavs v. GS but it gives them a sz advantage in the front court oppose to what others have to offer and TJ isn't really starting material but he can be the Rio that Lebs needs when Rose is ineffective. He's always wanted Beverly, TJ's the younger and more athletic Bev on a sweet contract for a starter or at least bench player playing starter minutes. Other than that I'd offer anything from Hassan/Rich to Dragic/Rich and Dragic/TJ. I'd trade Winslow for him if we didn't have to include a starter, I don't think Kyrie's worth a blue chip player and a starter.

I know Kyrie's a 4 time AllStar on an accommodatable contract but with the concerns about next season and all that's going on they're probably going to get dumped on anyhow unless someone reaches. Hoping not to be the team that reaches but we never know with Riley.

edit: Forgot the specifics on TJ's contract, it's 20 M's even when traded? Could have sworn I heard different

Rest in Power Chadwick

dreamscape
Junior
And1: 102

Post#104 » by dreamscape » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:59 pm

To me, in the NBA, quality always beats quantity. The team getting the best player in a trade often wins the trade because you can only play 5 guys at a time on the court.

Kyrie also can attract free agents in a way that Goran and Hassan never can. Would you ever hear a free agent say "Man, I can't wait to play with Dragic"? No, but you may actually hear that with Kyrie.

I may be in the minority, but I'd take the deal.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#105 » by puppa bear » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:32 pm

Bishop45 wrote:edit: Forgot the specifics on TJ's contract, it's 20 M's even when traded? Could have sworn I heard different

From memory, the cap hit for the team we trade him to is the smoothed $12.5m per season, but the cost per year is what's in the contract.

I honestly can't be bothered checking, so gom may need to clarify.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#106 » by Bishop45 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:46 pm

puppa bear wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:edit: Forgot the specifics on TJ's contract, it's 20 M's even when traded? Could have sworn I heard different

From memory, the cap hit for the team we trade him to is the smoothed $12.5m per season, but the cost per year is what's in the contract.

yea' I'm trippin', this is what I remember hearing. would've been a steal at 12.5 (fair value or a little under)

Rest in Power Chadwick

gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,433

Post#107 » by gom » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:58 pm

puppa bear wrote:

I know this one! :-)

TJ's contract doesn't get smoothed.

The matching team can only choose to have the average salary count toward its team salary if at the time it matches the offer sheet its team salary (with the average salary of the matched contract) is less than the salary cap. If a player signed pursuant to the Gilbert Arenas provision is later traded, his trade value is equivalent to his cap amount, and new team inherits the same cap hit as the team that traded him. In other words, if the player goes to the team submitting the offer sheet and that team later trades him, the average salary of the contract is charged to his new team's cap. If instead the player's original team matches the offer sheet, keeps the player, and subsequently trades him, the cap hit the team chose when matching the offer sheet is charged to his new team's cap.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q43

Miami didn't use the average salary when they signed him, so if we trade him, the actual salary is used for the receiving team.

Incidentally, this is one of the differences between Arenas Provision and the Poison Pill contracts from extensions.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
dakogoliath
Junior
And1: 195

Post#108 » by dakogoliath » Mon Aug 7, 2017 5:16 am

What if Kyrie and Bam became Shaq Wade, or Penny and Shaq? But in reality I'd rather trade dragic and winslow for kyrie. Maybe Kyrie and Whiteside can be like Shaq and Wade.

Return to Miami Heat