ImageImageImage

Miami HEAT Offseason/Trades/FA Thread: Sardine Central 5.0

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,798

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Miami HEAT Offseason/Trades/FA Thread: Sardine Central 5.0 

Post#601 » by Hallstar » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:15 am

leoshes wrote:
Hallstar wrote:
MartyCONLONNN wrote:our backcourt is definitely packed. Would definitely have to stagger Wade & Dragic like almost exclusively. I could see Wade & Waiters being a solid playmaking duo in Spo's system, especially as a 2nd unit option where TJ can take Dions spot & 2nd unit would still be smooth.

Wonder if Wade sees himself as a 6th man.. because he is at this point.
If Dion is a starter, Wade's not a 6th man. You can argue how he fits this specific situation all you want, you can't argue talent, even at 36.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What you rally cant argue is that he will be a liability for 50% of the time he is on the floor. At least with Dion on the floor you know your getting a very good defender, so he will impact the game 100% of the time.
Lmao, when did that happen? You just went overboard. Neither eye test or stats could support your position.

BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,820

Re: Miami HEAT Offseason/Trades/FA Thread: Sardine Central 5.0 

Post#602 » by BFRESH44 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:10 am

Waiters ranked fourth among all shooting guards in the NBA with an overall opponent field-goal percentage of 40.4 percent last season. So when someone suggest he was a good defender, the objective information indeed supports that.
Hallstar
Head Coach

Post#603 » by Hallstar » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:55 pm

BFRESH44 wrote:Waiters ranked fourth among all shooting guards in the NBA with an overall opponent field-goal percentage of 40.4 percent last season. So when someone suggest he was a good defender, the objective information indeed supports that.

And the other defensive stats? because I didn't see him ahead in defensive win shares or defensive rating...was worse on offense also, so...

Can't find that opponent field goal stat, which site?

Selling Waiters as a top 5 guard defender won't convince anybody, would love to see who he's surrounded by in that top 5.

Anyway, this has gone off track. Wade's not coming here so it's irrelevant.
rate_
Analyst
And1: 8,214

Post#604 » by rate_ » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Hallstar wrote:
BFRESH44 wrote:Waiters ranked fourth among all shooting guards in the NBA with an overall opponent field-goal percentage of 40.4 percent last season. So when someone suggest he was a good defender, the objective information indeed supports that.

And the other defensive stats? because I didn't see him ahead in defensive win shares or defensive rating...was worse on offense also, so...

Can't find that opponent field goal stat, which site?

Selling Waiters as a top 5 guard defender won't convince anybody, would love to see who he's surrounded by in that top 5.

Anyway, this has gone off track. Wade's not coming here so it's irrelevant.

http://stats.nba.com/players/defense-dash-overall/#!?Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PlayerPosition=G&sort=D_FG_PCT&dir=-1
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,496

Post#605 » by Bishop45 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:55 pm

Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
TMIMITW
Sixth Man
And1: 1,258

Post#606 » by TMIMITW » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:07 pm

He earned his 60 million.... i miss basketball
Kevin Durrant is the best WNBA player in the NBA!
leoshes
Veteran
And1: 5,437

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Miami HEAT Offseason/Trades/FA Thread: Sardine Central 5.0 

Post#607 » by leoshes » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:08 pm

Hallstar wrote:
leoshes wrote:
Hallstar wrote:If Dion is a starter, Wade's not a 6th man. You can argue how he fits this specific situation all you want, you can't argue talent, even at 36.

What you rally cant argue is that he will be a liability for 50% of the time he is on the floor. At least with Dion on the floor you know your getting a very good defender, so he will impact the game 100% of the time.
Lmao, when did that happen? You just went overboard. Neither eye test or stats could support your position.

Look i know you & shewasfly have a crush on Wade, but please leave the female emotions out of this. Wade is not the Wade he was in his 20's. Wade does not even try on defense anymore. Just look at the stats both BFRESH44, & rate_ has shown you. This is not me inventing thing, its a fact. Wade is not, & will never be the same Wade he once was. I went through this with players i liked too. As you get older, & start watching your favorite players retire you will understand.

Players come, & go, but the franchise is the one that you can depend on.
Hallstar
Head Coach

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Miami HEAT Offseason/Trades/FA Thread: Sardine Central 5.0 

Post#608 » by Hallstar » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:18 pm

leoshes wrote:
Hallstar wrote:
leoshes wrote:

Look i know you & shewasfly have a crush on Wade, but please leave the female emotions out of this. Wade is not the Wade he was in his 20's. Wade does not even try on defense anymore. Just look at the stats both BFRESH44, & rate_ has shown you. This is not me inventing thing, its a fact. Wade is not, & will never be the same Wade he once was. I went through this with players i liked too. As you get older, & start watching your favorite players retire you will understand.

Bro so we're ignoring that he's surrounded by defensive stalwarts like Mike Dunleavy, Vince carter and delon wright? I said leave it alone.

He's on the team, we're capped out, he needs to do well, doesn't mean you need to be ridiculous in his defense...pun intended

Wade can be over the hill and still a better player. You're the one talking about strawmen like anyone is talking about Wade in his 20s

You don't have to cherry pick which stat you want to quote as "proof".

I'm not a Waiters fan, but I want him to prove me wrong.

Hope you're happy

leoshes
Veteran

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Miami HEAT Offseason/Trades/FA Thread: Sardine Central 5.0 

Post#609 » by leoshes » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:34 pm

Hallstar wrote:
leoshes wrote:
Hallstar wrote:Lmao, when did that happen? You just went overboard. Neither eye test or stats could support your position.

Bro so we're ignoring that he's surrounded by defensive stalwarts like Mike Dunleavy, Vince carter and delon wright? I said leave it alone.

He's on the team, we're capped out, he needs to do well, doesn't mean you need to be ridiculous in his defense...pun intended

Wade can be over the hill and still a better player. You're the one talking about strawmen like anyone is talking about Wade in his 20s

Hope you're happy

Even if he had great defenders around him, it wont mean that he himself will be any better defenselessly. He is what he is. & Wade cant be better then a player that plays about the same on offense, but 10 time better on defense. That makes no sense. This is not football where you have two separate teams one for offense, & one for defense. In Basketball you need to be good at both, & Wade suck on defense.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,937

Post#610 » by Wiltside » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:55 pm

I'd happily bring Wade home, the issue is that we have a glut at the 2 spot.

If a deal went down that de-cluttered it, I'd love to see a Wade reunion. Can't see it happening this season otherwise.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Hallstar
Head Coach

Post#611 » by Hallstar » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:07 am

leoshes wrote:
Hallstar wrote:
leoshes wrote:

Hope you're happy

Even if he had great defenders around him, it wont mean that he himself will be any better defenselessly. He is what he is. & Wade cant be better then a player that plays about the same on offense, but 10 time better on defense. That makes no sense. This is not football where you have two separate teams one for offense, & one for defense. In Basketball you need to be good at both, & Wade suck on defense.

Wade is shown as better in other defensive stats, so which one do you take?

Like I said, it doesn't matter anymore, we signed him because we didn't have a choice anyway.

I hope he succeeds
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,335

Post#612 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:10 am

Wiltside wrote:I'd happily bring Wade home, the issue is that we have a glut at the 2 spot.

If a deal went down that de-cluttered it, I'd love to see a Wade reunion. Can't see it happening this season otherwise.

why would you be happy about it?

we are finally rid of the diva. the constant complaining to refs for foul calls, not getting back on defense, playing bad and lazy Defense at this point in his career, the constant drama every offseason for a new contract......

just remember the good times that we had, but we gotta move on.

It's Waiters' 2guard spot now.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Sgt P
Sixth Man
And1: 2,551

Post#613 » by Sgt P » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:24 am

+10000000 to Grumpy. Wade is dead weight, whose playing time and growth will be given up for old man Wade? He ain't about that Heat life. He needs to ride out with his boyz somewhere else.
" Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude." said C.P.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Post#614 » by goodboy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:27 am

Wade is very well welcomed, only if he does bend the knee to Riley.
Bright
Enso
Head Coach
And1: 23,732

Post#615 » by Enso » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:21 am

Wade off the bench it only makes sense
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#616 » by Wolfy1983 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:10 am

Wiltside wrote:I'd happily bring Wade home, the issue is that we have a glut at the 2 spot.

At this stage:

Waiters>Wade
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,937

Post#617 » by Wiltside » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:22 am

Wolfy1983 wrote:

At this stage:

Waiters>Wade

Wasn't disputing that.

Wade > TJ and Ellington though.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Post#618 » by Heat_team02 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:49 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
leoshes
Veteran

Post#619 » by leoshes » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:59 am

Heat_team02 wrote:Image

He needs his shooting coach with him at all times. & i dont see him in the picture unless its that Asian girl. 8-)
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#620 » by MartyConlonJr » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:23 am

Wade would be defeating NBA history at this point to be a better player than Waiters next year. Name me an NBA SG at 36 years old without elite three point shooting skills who has had a better statistical season than Waiters last season

Return to Miami Heat