ImageImageImage

Miami HEAT Offseason/Trades/FA Thread: Sardine Central 5.0

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,262

Re: Miami HEAT Offseason/Trades/FA Thread: Sardine Central 5.0 

Post#661 » by Wiltside » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:44 am

Klay aint going nowhere, unfortunately. He would be sick - on his own team, he'd dominate.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#662 » by IggieCC » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:47 am

Seabass777 wrote:Klay Thompson on this team would make us special.

Agreed. Need to go all in on him either via FA or trade or whatever the case may be. Hopefully he'll be sick of winning too easily while being 3rd-4th option on the team.
Read on Twitter
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#663 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:23 am

Wiltside wrote:Klay aint going nowhere, unfortunately. He would be sick - on his own team, he'd dominate.

What's funny is the new CBA was designed to keep all-star players from leaving their team, yet here we are where teams were so afraid of losing their talent that they traded them to preempt their possible departure. The new CBA is also supposed to discourage "super teams", but the dearth of talent and desirability by players to go to contending teams is so bad now that only the top team in the east can trade with the second best team. :noway:
OP for NBA FT record
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,476

Post#664 » by gom » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:10 am

Ok, this is the kind of crap that I've been talking about, and why it's stupid to pursue players when we don't really have a chance to sign them:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article168959927.html

We didn't swing for the fences and miss twice. We were never in the running for Irving, and Hayward just used us as a counterweight. We got played.

Oh, and FU, Greg Cote. What bull...****.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,821

Post#665 » by Chalm Down » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:22 am

Wiltside wrote:

Put some respect on the name.

Aw i miss birdman
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#666 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:38 am

Chalm Down wrote:
Wiltside wrote:

Put some respect on the name.

Aw i miss birdman

miss u too

:cuddle
:hug:
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,736

Post#667 » by Bishop45 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:00 pm

Read on Twitter

Das my point god
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,174

Post#668 » by Flash4thewin » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:35 pm

gom wrote:Ok, this is the kind of crap that I've been talking about, and why it's stupid to pursue players when we don't really have a chance to sign them:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article168959927.html

We didn't swing for the fences and miss twice. We were never in the running for Irving, and Hayward just used us as a counterweight. We got played.

Why would you even say that Gom? We where in the running but Pat could not close the deals at all. At least we where in the running. Hayward listened to Pat and his offer and say no thank you. Many teams didn’t even get that opportunity. The Irving trade shows the Cavs had no problem trading to a rival as long as they got what they wanted unlike the Pacers. We where in the running but for whatever reason failed to close the deal. The important thing is we where in the running. It’s better to at least get a chance to swing and miss than to never have swung at all.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,991

Post#669 » by contract » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:06 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
gom wrote:Ok, this is the kind of crap that I've been talking about, and why it's stupid to pursue players when we don't really have a chance to sign them:

Why would you even say that Gom? We where in the running but Pat could not close the deals at all. At least we where in the running. Hayward listened to Pat and his offer and say no thank you. Many teams didn’t even get that opportunity. The Irving trade shows the Cavs had no problem trading to a rival as long as they got what they wanted unlike the Pacers. We where in the running but for whatever reason failed to close the deal. The important thing is we where in the running. It’s better to at least get a chance to swing and miss than to never have swung at all.

:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,991

Post#670 » by contract » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:17 pm

The Cavs and Celtics are better than we are ... on paper. But someone tell me why we're not the 3rd best team in the East. Someone tell me why we're behind Toronto and Washington. Neither team has superstars. Neither has our depth. Neither has better coaching.

Why aren't we #3?
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,825

Post#671 » by BFRESH44 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:46 pm

contract wrote:The Cavs and Celtics are better than we are ... on paper. But someone tell me why we're not the 3rd best team in the East. Someone tell me why we're behind Toronto and Washington. Neither team has superstars. Neither has our depth. Neither has better coaching.

Why aren't we #3?

We absolutely can.

We have a plethora of guards who are capable catch and shoot threats. Every last one of these guys are capable of shooting 37+ percent from 3 on 3+ attempts: Dragic, Waiters, TJ, J-Rich, Ellington. They also all are decent enough as pick and roll ball handlers (even Ellington low-key who surprisingly finished in the 82-percentile as a PNR ball handler last year) so you have to respect those threats as well.

Then our front court, with Olynyk, who is a 7 foot stretch player who can pass and defend adequately, JJ a Swiss army knife who can switch defensively and can pass, finish, and has a respectable shot. Our center rotation is as good as it gets with Hassan, the anchor of our defense, and a finisher at the rim who you must account for with two people near him more often than not. And we have a rim running, rim assaulting rookie Big with a 7-3 wing spell him.

The wild card in all this is Justise Winslow, and getting to the point where we can get a defined game for him. We know his strengths. Attacking the basket, ball handling, passing, filling the lane in transition, and defense. But we also know his Achilles heel: Shooting. He's been bad there. Real bad. He's got to be better here.

If he can grow into a net positive contributor on both ends this upcoming season, we will be in the hunt in the East. Point blank. I strongly believe this. Add in a spike up in Waiters efficiency, and continued improvement in passing from Hassan, then you're really talking.
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,814

Post#672 » by Mos_Heat » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:53 pm

contract wrote:The Cavs and Celtics are better than we are ... on paper. But someone tell me why we're not the 3rd best team in the East. Someone tell me why we're behind Toronto and Washington. Neither team has superstars. Neither has our depth. Neither has better coaching.

Why aren't we #3?

Wall is a superstar
:reporter:
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,736

Post#673 » by Bishop45 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:00 pm

I think we're better than Washington, been saying that, they have no bench but Raps have superior talent and a decent bench, I don't think we have enough talent to be a distinguished #3 or top 4 team but we can compete
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#674 » by Dr_Heat » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:01 pm

Read on Twitter

:o
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,803

Post#675 » by Hallstar » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Why aren't we #3?

Bucks, Wiz and Raps all would have the best player on the floor, sometimes it's that simple. Depth matters more in the reg season than playoffs though. Think we can crack top 4, but I remind people that we're relying on dudes to recreate contract years. That to me is the crux of the season.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,476

Post#676 » by gom » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:14 am

Flash4thewin wrote:

You misunderstand. I'm talking about how our success at being part of the conversation is translated into failure. And, worse, by our own press. Most of us know that we can't outbid Boston, not when they have a likely top-5 pick from Brooklyn to toss on the table. Would we have been smarter if we give up all our picks and young players for Kyrie Irving? Man, I really don't think so. Sometimes success means saying "NO" to doing something stupid.

Whatever. It's another season where we'll have to prove we're serious on the court. I have faith in these players, this coach, and our front office. In my heart, I know that even if we finish well, even 3rd or 4th, the conversation will all be about how we aren't good enough, don't have superstars, can't sign Klay Thompson (next year) when we're one of the teams he swears he is considering... I get cranky.

Sorry.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,402

Post#677 » by twix2500 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:32 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:
Wiltside wrote:Klay aint going nowhere, unfortunately. He would be sick - on his own team, he'd dominate.

What's funny is the new CBA was designed to keep all-star players from leaving their team, yet here we are where teams were so afraid of losing their talent that they traded them to preempt their possible departure. The new CBA is also supposed to discourage "super teams", but the dearth of talent and desirability by players to go to contending teams is so bad now that only the top team in the east can trade with the second best team. :noway:

Teams do not want to pay players the supermax. so they are trading stars.
BaDaBo
Starter
And1: 7,406

Post#678 » by BaDaBo » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:57 am

I'm just going to leave this here 8-)

goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,295

Post#679 » by goodboy » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:11 am

Wonder where beno was.